Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Zotix posted:

I do agree with the poster earlier that the game runs out of steam around 70. They really need to look at the benefits or lack thereof for Nightmare dungeons.

It's poor design imo that all of the high level pushers did it using normal dungeons. Those should have poor density imo and nightmare dungeons should have more bonuses and become much more juiced.

I really hope that season 1 brings at least 1 more end game activity/ repeatable content. Helltides are fun but once you are 70-75 you just destroy them and lose any sort of challenge from them.

Agreed that NM dungeons are kinda lame. I did my first one and at the end was going "wait that was it?" I expected a tough boss or something, and was legit confused until I noticed I could click on that fungus or whatever it is and get a whole 4xp for one of my nodes. Which. . . gently caress me, HOW many levels do these things get?

I get that we need an end game grind but these just seem un fun in a way that grifting for gem upgrades never was.

edit: on the other hand, the hell invasions or whatever they're called are great fun. They just need to tweak the poo poo out of NM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay thank you for this. I have a 3070 and was using the ultra textures on 1440p, game is super smooth except for loading new areas, towns, entering a new spot, etc, where it stutters and hitches like all gently caress. Could that be why? I don't have enough vram? Should I turn down the texture quality?

Probably. I get all kinds of stutters on ultra textures, no stutters at high textures.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Black Griffon posted:

you're getting the court jester role

That exists, someone made it last night!

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm fairly sure there's no chat because of toxicity.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Mind adding [LLJK] SA GOON SQUAD?

It's full, but it's another one for the list that's been around for a while.

done and done

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Mayveena posted:

I am thankful I don't have to go into my chat settings every session to turn chat off.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ehud posted:

Added to the OP!

Appreciated!

Fajita Queen posted:

This is an excellent guild name

Thank you, good to see someone can appreciate art.

jerman999 posted:

That exists, someone made it last night!

As it should!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SettingSun posted:

I am thankful I don't have to go into my chat settings every session to turn chat off.

And in Last Epoch's case, it doesn't actually turn it off until you turn it on and off again :argh:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Cyrano4747 posted:

Agreed that NM dungeons are kinda lame. I did my first one and at the end was going "wait that was it?" I expected a tough boss or something, and was legit confused until I noticed I could click on that fungus or whatever it is and get a whole 4xp for one of my nodes. Which. . . gently caress me, HOW many levels do these things get?

I get that we need an end game grind but these just seem un fun in a way that grifting for gem upgrades never was.

edit: on the other hand, the hell invasions or whatever they're called are great fun. They just need to tweak the poo poo out of NM.

Guy who did literally one nightmare dungeon has some pretty strong opinions about nightmare dungeons. Call me when you get to WT4 homie.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Yeah, in the 10 reddit threads whining about no global chat most of the thread went like this:

"this game NEEDS a global chat"
"there shouldn't be global chat because it'll be awful and full of slurs"
"the slurs are the fun part"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

American McGay posted:

Guy who did literally one nightmare dungeon has some pretty strong opinions about nightmare dungeons. Call me when you get to WT4 homie.

Can I just text

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

You can make NM dungeons fun by running ones that are 10 levels higher than you Ive found.

It becomes quite a challenge then and even 2 elite packs will make for a tough long battle

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Zotix posted:

I do agree with the poster earlier that the game runs out of steam around 70. They really need to look at the benefits or lack thereof for Nightmare dungeons.

It's poor design imo that all of the high level pushers did it using normal dungeons. Those should have poor density imo and nightmare dungeons should have more bonuses and become much more juiced.

I really hope that season 1 brings at least 1 more end game activity/ repeatable content. Helltides are fun but once you are 70-75 you just destroy them and lose any sort of challenge from them.

Yeah, nightmare dungeons only feel useful to push glyphs, but it takes so many to push a glyph it's absurd. If I could somehow clear a level 100 nightmare dungeon it wouldn't push a glyph from 14 to 15. As it stands I have to do dozens to get my 2nd glyph to 15 and I don't really want to. And I have to re-roll affixes on the ancestral ones because some of them are terrible. Maybe I should just blitz the last tier of sacreds to level my glyph, but it's hard to blitz them because there's so much walking around.

I dunno, probably just going to take a break and see if they have a roadmap or something. It was fun up to WT4 though.

Anyone who's wondering what you should do besides nightmare dungeons it's hell tides(use the map to get mystery chests) and fields of hatred, also timed events like legion/world bosses are worth it for the time spent.

Mikojan posted:

You can make NM dungeons fun by running ones that are 10 levels higher than you Ive found.

It becomes quite a challenge then and even 2 elite packs will make for a tough long battle

I'm doing I think level 80 ones at 65, it's not that they aren't fun to do, they just aren't rewarding enough compared to other content, but I like the other content less because there's even more running around and less fighting.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

American McGay posted:

literally every criticism you come swooping in. it's actually impressive at this point.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nightmare Dungeons should really teleport you directly to the instance like GRs. It's a huge waste of time to ride the horsey out to each one, really interrupts the Diablo flow.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Is the first season really slated for mid July? Feels so far away.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Good Citizen posted:

I'm starting to think Shockwave Aspect is some kind of elaborate prank. I'm level 59 and still haven't seen one drop to extract yet.

Same. Level 55

:smith::hf::smith:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

SettingSun posted:

I assume they wanted to make space for balance patches and subsequent player adjustments.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SettingSun posted:

I prefer this, gives players a lot of time to get comfortable with the mechanics and figure out builds. Plus your renown and lilith statues carry over, so you have time to complete all of that.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

InventorOfTrees posted:

literally every criticism you come swooping in. it's actually impressive at this point.

He's right though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

exquisite tea posted:

Nightmare Dungeons should really teleport you directly to the instance like GRs.

Am I crazy or did they not claim it would work that way?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CLAM DOWN posted:

Okay thank you for this. I have a 3070 and was using the ultra textures on 1440p, game is super smooth except for loading new areas, towns, entering a new spot, etc, where it stutters and hitches like all gently caress. Could that be why? I don't have enough vram? Should I turn down the texture quality?

Ihmemies posted:

Probably. I get all kinds of stutters on ultra textures, no stutters at high textures.

Can confirm! I'm on a 3080 myself. I rarely get stutters on High but frequently get them on Ultra. Was the same in the Beta

IMO save some hard drive space and uninstall high res textures (Bnet launcher -> gear icon by the D4 Play button in the bottom left -> Modify Install -> Modify Install (again) -> uncheck High Resolution Textures -> Start Update)

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

InventorOfTrees posted:

I sympathize & stand in solidarity with him. Blizzard has made a good game with D4. It would be a shame if they were to ruin it by listening to ARPG players. :kiddo:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Cyrano4747 posted:

They get pretty gnarly, and you get significantly more XP per dungeon at higher tiers. The early grind to unlock crafting/higher tiers isn't great (both in level of fun and transparency of the system)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

this is so goddamn weird. I also heard an NPR story talking about D4 today.

D4 has broken through the cultural zeitgeist in a way that few games ever have. I figured a violent, dark game about punching skeletons would never get to this point.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Lol whoopi just buy a Series S.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

the pvp is incredible. the zone is full of extremely high density elite packs that seem to have an even higher drop rate than normal. the pvp reward isn't the bloodgems, its having the farming zone to yourself (and looting peoples ears to go in your trophy case)

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I have a 3080 and it's buttery smooth on ultra for me, but I upgraded my CPU relatively recently so maybe that's the bottleneck?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

D4 has broken through the cultural zeitgeist in a way that few games ever have. I figured a violent, dark game about punching skeletons would never get to this point.

Diablo has a 25 year pedigree and Blizzard appears to have a near bottomless ad/pr budget. At this rate I expect my local news station to cover a story about it.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I like how Blizzard added all these accessibility options and then gives you a tiny (even when set to "large") mouse cursor with a nice mushy gray color.

PSA that you can nab this program for free to replace it with a nice hot pink mouse cursor: https://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/

That program is essentially an overlay though, and I've seen it it crash on rare occasion; if it crashes it will seem like your monitor is black because just the overlay is black. You can ctrl-alt-del to close it and open it back up though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm worried that they are going to do the same poo poo they did with WoW and never have separate balancing for PvE and PvP so PvE is always going to be handicapped by PvP.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

InventorOfTrees posted:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Now D4 just has to complete the Blizzard game cycle and have someone die while playing it.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

i wonder what Whoopi Goldberg named her hammerdin

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
excited to get as high as possible and do act 6 tonight!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man, I keep trying different builds with Barb, but in the end I almost always come back to something bleed-based. Rend just deal such insane damage, nothing else seems able to keep up. A single sweep usually puts enough bleed on any regular enemy to kill them, and three or four tend to do for most elites. Sure it takes a few seconds for them to actually die, but it's usually no issue just using that time to go after the next group anyway. It's even pretty decent against bosses, especially when you can make them vulnerable.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

D-Pad posted:

Honestly I barely use gold so I just salvage every yellow I find and I have so many mats I can upgrade anything 3 times even when I'm switching gear out pretty frequently and be fine. I'm saving the higher lvl mats for upgrading end game but upgrading 3 times is on auto for me.

"I barely use gold" boy do I have bad news about the inevitable enchanting you will want to do!

I think the 2nd roll on a slot for a sacred item was gonna set me back $500,000...

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I said come in! posted:

I prefer this, gives players a lot of time to get comfortable with the mechanics and figure out builds. Plus your renown and lilith statues carry over, so you have time to complete all of that.

Pretty sure renown doesn't carry over.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've used up millions and millions enchanting my ancestral poo poo. I'm doing like 3 full inventory vendors for every 1 full inventory salvage right now to barely keep up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

coelomate posted:

"I barely use gold" boy do I have bad news about the inevitable enchanting you will want to do!

I think the 2nd roll on a slot for a sacred item was gonna set me back $500,000...

For me, 1st roll was 200k, and the 2nd roll it wanted 1.1 million!!!