Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

OctaMurk posted:

For me, 1st roll was 200k, and the 2nd roll it wanted 1.1 million!!!

Yeah the enchanting is, uh, really goddamn expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CBD Corndog posted:

Yeah, in the 10 reddit threads whining about no global chat most of the thread went like this:

"this game NEEDS a global chat"
"there shouldn't be global chat because it'll be awful and full of slurs"
"the slurs are the fun part"

I feel like global chat, as a concept, is on its last legs. People are way too racist, sexist, ableist, and misogynistic for large corporations to allow a carte blanche ability to spam a chatbox with swastikas.

It sucks because, as a primarily console gamer since 1996, I never had the capability to join the WOW chats of yore. Now that consoles have finally caught up, that poo poo is probably mostly dead.

Plus Discord.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I've used up millions and millions enchanting my ancestral poo poo. I'm doing like 3 full inventory vendors for every 1 full inventory salvage right now to barely keep up

I was ignoring all the sacred stuff on the ground, but it turns out I have to bring back truckloads of this poo poo for the vendor to afford to reroll things.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

I feel like global chat, as a concept, is on its last legs. People are way too racist, sexist, ableist, and misogynistic for large corporations to allow a carte blanche ability to spam a chatbox with swastikas.

It sucks because, as a primarily console gamer since 1996, I never had the capability to join the WOW chats of yore. Now that consoles have finally caught up, that poo poo is probably mostly dead.

Plus Discord.

[Thunderstrike] my anus, there you've experienced Barrens chat

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I need more stash tabs. Like three per character, not four TOTAL

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I wonder if Whoopi Goldberg trades on d2jsp

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

zoux posted:

[Thunderstrike] my anus, there you've experienced Barrens chat

Oh well, now I finally feel like I can relate with the 39 year old gamers of legend. Thank you, zoux.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

exquisite tea posted:

Nightmare Dungeons should really teleport you directly to the instance like GRs. It's a huge waste of time to ride the horsey out to each one, really interrupts the Diablo flow.

A million times this.
At least open like a red portal from town that goes right to it.
The best is when the NM you are clearing drops another key for itself. My record was 3 in a row.

Enchantment protip: if you have a good rare, enchant it first before imprinting an aspect. It's way cheaper to mod a rare than the legendary version.

The fact you can't enchant Uniques is idiotic as hell.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 8, 2023

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

psa: kill all monsters rules in dungeons. skip the trash, nuke the elites, and when you hit the last elite pack “an enemy horde” of all missed non-elites teleports to you.

The trick is it feels great only if you ignore the objective. Obviously if you chase stragglers it’ll be slow and lame and you may not even get the teleport if you were thorough.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Thats what makes them

UNIQUE

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

coelomate posted:

psa: kill all monsters rules in dungeons. skip the trash, nuke the elites, and when you hit the last elite pack “an enemy horde” of all missed non-elites teleports to you.

Oh drat, that is good to know. I was definitely hunting down stragglers.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

coelomate posted:

The trick is it feels great only if you ignore the objective. Obviously if you chase stragglers it’ll be slow and lame and you may not even get the teleport if you were thorough.

oh this sounds neat. will try it out later, thx

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The best way to get unique items: Unique up on them

Also saw some complaining on the subreddit about how every dungeon has mobs that don't reward experience? I don't pay super close attention to my exp bar so I don't know if that's true, has anyone noticed?

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I’ve only just finished Act 1, but every dungeon I’ve hosed around with has rewarded XP. Now sometimes, the mobs award like a sliver. But if you look at the xp bar as you kill them, you will notice that it will slightly increase.

I could be wrong though, because I’m not super far in. Only at level 13.

Edit: my eyes are laser focused on the xp bar as I allow my skeleton crew to mop up the lightweights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Plus Discord.

Good news! We've got like 8 of those here and you already paid the membership fee.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I wonder if Whoopi had an Ubers smiter

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

Plus Discord.

tbqh you could go read the comments on r/wow and get pretty much the same experience, minus the hatespeech. it was just a lot of nerds recycling the same tired jokes over and over.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm cracking up at the thought of Whoopi climbing the D2 ladder with a hammerdin.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

SettingSun posted:

I'm cracking up at the thought of Whoopi climbing the D2 ladder with a hammerdin.

whoopi and the other ladies at the view all formed a team to rush Whoopi's sorc to the #1 ladder spot on reset

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

poe2 coming in hot,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbqabo0x2Kk

thats a serious graphics upgrade, and animation and casting looks d4 level or better

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

i bet whoopi used portal hacks to pk in hardcore

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PoE2 isn't going to be a true sequel right, like it's more of a total overhaul? At least that's what I was hearing when I was playing a bit during Delirium

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zoux posted:

PoE2 isn't going to be a true sequel right, like it's more of a total overhaul? At least that's what I was hearing when I was playing a bit during Delirium

I don't really understand how it's not supposed to be a sequel. It has new gameplay mechanics, new graphics, and a new campaign. Also a 2 in the name. And it might exist, unlike Overwatch 2.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

queeb posted:

poe2 coming in hot,

thats a serious graphics upgrade, and animation and casting looks d4 level or better

Did I spot the diablo evade mechanic?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

I don't really understand how it's not supposed to be a sequel. It has new gameplay mechanics, new graphics, and a new campaign. Also a 2 in the name. And it might exist, unlike Overwatch 2.

I didn't either, that's just what people were saying

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

picture this: it's 2001, and you're doing hell Baal runs with your Javazon. everything is going great. you've downed all the minibosses before the worldstone chamber, and now you're going in with everyone. baal is dying super fast, but he's killed some level 50-something sorc, and the bear druid keeps hitting the fake baals, not the real ones. but it's whatever, because before you know it, baal's at like 2% life when suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of bone walls go up, separating you and everyone else from all the drops. some rear end in a top hat necro scoops everything up and leaves the game.

His name?

xXWhoopiXx

you got loving goldberg'ed

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

picture this: it's 2001, and you're doing hell Baal runs with your Javazon. everything is going great. you've downed all the minibosses before the worldstone chamber, and now you're going in with everyone. baal is dying super fast. it's at like 2% life when suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of bone walls go up, separating you and everyone else from all the drops. some necro scoops everything up and leaves the game.

His name?

xXWhoopiXx

you got loving goldberg'ed

:five:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Poe1 will still exist

Poe1 and poe2 will share the same endgame post campaign

Or that’s the way it was awhile back

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

zoux posted:

I didn't either, that's just what people were saying

I've heard the same thing, and I think people are referring to how it has the same style of endgame stuff? But with the mechanics reworks that will basically work completely differently.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

queeb posted:

poe2 coming in hot,

This will be interesting until they show off the skill tree and then I'll lose interest completely.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

euphronius posted:

Poe1 will still exist

Poe1 and poe2 will share the same endgame post campaign

Or that’s the way it was awhile back

This is such a weird way to do things lol.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yeah its essentially a patch.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mikojan posted:

Did I spot the diablo evade mechanic?

Looks like any number of PoE movement skills just with a fancy new animation

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

sorry what thread is this?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

alg posted:

Yeah its essentially a patch.

That doesn't sound like a patch at all lol

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Everyone already hit 100 in D4 so it's time to speculate about what the hell is going on with PoE2.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

i think the much more important topic of discussion is speculating about if Whoopi Goldberg ever took a d2 character to 99. surely there's a lot of downtime when you're working on a talk show?

Or do you think she lugged a CRT to the set of star trek nemesis?

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

i think the much more important topic of discussion is speculating about if Whoopi Goldberg ever took a d2 character to 99. surely there's a lot of downtime when you're working on a talk show?

Or do you think she lugged a CRT to the set of star trek nemesis?

I hope one of her requests on the set was to just have a gaming room so she could do Mephisto and Baal runs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

sorry what thread is this?

The ARPG talkins thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Nephrite posted:

I hope one of her requests on the set was to just have a gaming room so she could do Mephisto and Baal runs.

her rider includes a clause which stipulates the craft table MUST ALWAYS be stocked with a case of Bawls Guarana