Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Where the gently caress is Kass?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Finally beat the game. 190 hours of pure joy, got all the shrines, all the armor, most of the fancy weapons.

I absolutely loved it, but my biggest complaint has to be: Where the gently caress is Kass?!

OD'ed in a hotel room, like all great musicians

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Asterite34 posted:

OD'ed in a hotel room, like all great musicians

Gloom addiction is nothing to joke about.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Finally beat the game. 190 hours of pure joy, got all the shrines, all the armor, most of the fancy weapons.

I absolutely loved it, but my biggest complaint has to be: Where the gently caress is Kass?!

DLC better include finding him (possibly with Penn (not) helping).

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Vanadium posted:

for the sky to live up to its potential in my mind, you'd have to drastically increase the island density so it's more like the pre-temple areas across most of it, make it feel a lot less dead/abandoned, and come up with traversal options that beat "all hoverbikes all the time" (long range slingshots? far-reaching air currents? dragon bus network/moving islands? an airship customizable like your house?).

idt this is really doable in a couple respects: making the sky much denser would basically entirely remove the need for gliders etc, and half the fun of the sky is spotting something really far away and going "hmmm, how do I get there." If the sky had as many shrines as the ground and an increase in islands to match it would need to be absolutely enormous to still feel like you were meaningfully traversing the air

but more importantly if the sky was significantly denser, the surface would look incredibly ugly and feel very cramped (unless you just hid all the sky stuff, but then that defeats the relative seamlessness of the transitions and sense of scale)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I would have preferred either underground or sky, rather than splitting effort between both.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Valentin posted:

idt this is really doable in a couple respects: making the sky much denser would basically entirely remove the need for gliders etc, and half the fun of the sky is spotting something really far away and going "hmmm, how do I get there." If the sky had as many shrines as the ground and an increase in islands to match it would need to be absolutely enormous to still feel like you were meaningfully traversing the air

but more importantly if the sky was significantly denser, the surface would look incredibly ugly and feel very cramped (unless you just hid all the sky stuff, but then that defeats the relative seamlessness of the transitions and sense of scale)

Makes me think there’s an opportunity for a Zelda game that’s waterworld plus a ton more sky islands if they took away ultrahand. Then you’d be island hopping on two levels

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

A Zelda game that's basically majora's mask, but you have 72 hours to decide if you're going to get married to Zelda, Sidon, or the old Goron with back problems.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

A Zelda game that's basically majora's mask, but you have 72 hours to decide if you're going to get married to Zelda, Sidon, or the old Goron with back problems.

I will marry Penn or I will not be buying your game

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Poque posted:

Penn is already married. To his job. :colbert:

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Poque posted:

Penn ditches you at the altar with an echoing "Soar long!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Asterite34 posted:

I love the Depths, annoying as they are, solely for that one time I saw a pair of lightning keese off in the distance and thought for a minute they were some enormous glowing eyes peering at me from out of the darkness, and that's a unique variety of spooky atmosphere that's hard to capture sometimes.

I did that sort of perspective mixup so much. "Woah, there's some weird Gloom monster off in the distance!" *fire a seed, it stops right in front of my face* "Oh, it's just a square inch of gloom"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

More post-partum depression below, spoilered cause I’m making GBS threads up the place:

There’s a mystery to the Depths? :confused:

I did not uncover much of note other than abandoned Zonaite mines and some weird old bones. The Depths are big, yes, and they are dark and creepy, yes, but in the end they’re just kinda…there. There are no earth shattering revelations to be found, nothing that recontextualizes what we think we already know, nothing that uses its gimmick as a springboard to its own identity.

Exploring and mapping out the Depths doesn’t feel rewarding to me, and I’m left wondering why I did it besides “map incomplete also where shrines”.

Yeah, the mystery is finding all that out. The Yiga are the stars of the show, only the breadcrumb quest only brings you to like 4 spots. Make it take you to most or all outposts in about the intended order of overworld progression and it'd feel a lot more fleshed out. Hopefully that's some DLC or something.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, the mystery is finding all that out. The Yiga are the stars of the show, only the breadcrumb quest only brings you to like 4 spots. Make it take you to most or all outposts in about the intended order of overworld progression and it'd feel a lot more fleshed out. Hopefully that's some DLC or something.

Also there are still some mysteries left. Like Who are some of those statues that are pointing? What's up with the statues holding weapons? What's the story with the bargainers?

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

My problem with a lot of the mystery in this game is that about all of it seemed to work out to "the zonai did something a million years ago".

Valentin posted:

Yeah, that makes sense, I guess it would need to be a much bigger sky, even for a more realistic amount of shrines/landmarks.Maybe you could do something with more verticality instead...

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Vanadium posted:

My problem with a lot of the mystery in this game is that about all of it seemed to work out to "the zonai did something a million years ago".

The Zonai really are basically the Chozo, aren't they?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh yeah the Zonai, if they're so smart why are they all dead huh. The future is Yiga. I don't think I've actually been able to kill a single one of them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Oh yeah the Zonai, if they're so smart why are they all dead huh. The future is Yiga.

Glory to Master Kohga

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Glory to Master Kohga

Has someone made a mod where all the Hudson signs are swapped to Kohga signs yet. Get on it, nerds

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

CainFortea posted:

Also there are still some mysteries left. Like Who are some of those statues that are pointing? What's up with the statues holding weapons? What's the story with the bargainers?

We can assume that the pointing statues are related to the four sages, as all four statues are present under the Typhlo Ruins.

I'm thinking that, kinda like the sheikha dlc boss from botw, the Bargainer will be a fight on its own. It would be such a waste of an impressive model otherwise, and we know sorta what it will look like based on the gloom armor set. I was legit frightened when I found the one on top of the ridge where the mother goddess statue is in the forgotten temple

The weapons are a mystery, though. Best I can imagine is that they are fallen warriors standing on top of burial cairns, offering their weapons to a warrior who needs them/will use them.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

does anyone else have the feeling of like "i'm satisfied with the amount of Zelda i have played today" and then shortly afterwards you find yourself catching up with this thread and 15 posts in you're like "i desperately need to play Zelda more than anything in the world right now"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
There’s just too much to remember that you can do in this game

Last night I spent way too much time jackhammering away at a cave that was 100% filled with rock only to remember oh yeah I coulda brought out a cannon

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

FutonForensic posted:

Puffshrooms and Muddle Buds are your best friends for extending the life of your equipment. Lets you kill your enemies in less swings or let them kill each other for no swings at all.

Yeah I thought with how many you get they’d be worthless, but just throwing one Puffshroom you can kill a Silver enemy in like 3 hits with a halfway decent weapon and an attack buff.

Similarly I had no idea you can end a Stal encounter with just one Dazzlefruit. :stare:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

epic bacon posted:

does anyone else have the feeling of like "i'm satisfied with the amount of Zelda i have played today" and then shortly afterwards you find yourself catching up with this thread and 15 posts in you're like "i desperately need to play Zelda more than anything in the world right now"

yes, it has been extremely bad for my sleep

Steve Yun posted:

There’s just too much to remember that you can do in this game

Last night I spent way too much time jackhammering away at a cave that was 100% filled with rock only to remember oh yeah I coulda brought out a cannon

I'm currently grinding through the Gazette quests and I thought I had discovered all the stables. Then I got 2 in a row where I was like "you want me to go loving where?" Game big.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bawk posted:

We can assume that the pointing statues are related to the four sages, as all four statues are present under the Typhlo Ruins.

I'm thinking that, kinda like the sheikha dlc boss from botw, the Bargainer will be a fight on its own. It would be such a waste of an impressive model otherwise, and we know sorta what it will look like based on the gloom armor set. I was legit frightened when I found the one on top of the ridge where the mother goddess statue is in the forgotten temple

The weapons are a mystery, though. Best I can imagine is that they are fallen warriors standing on top of burial cairns, offering their weapons to a warrior who needs them/will use them.

Sure, those are all pretty good theories, but the point wasn't "what actually is the answer" and more "this is an unsolved mystery".

This also is in addition to the mysteries that are solved as well. And also just the mystery of "what is over there it's dark I can't see"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

epic bacon posted:

Sometimes but after I play a little bit I realize that I’ve basically seen everything there is to see and get bored again. I mainlined this fuckin thing, apparently.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CainFortea posted:

This also is in addition to the mysteries that are solved as well. And also just the mystery of "what is over there it's dark I can't see"

I just wish the answer to that question wasn’t “basically the same thing you saw in the rest of the depths” :(

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

AmbientParadox posted:

I just read that there's a Hateno village side quest where you can farm items. You give the farmer 1 endura carrot, then in 2 days she gives you 3 back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pDTiFkXgEE

Second best use of *the finger thing* motion in comedy.

FUCKIN' HELLLLL

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Oh yeah the Zonai, if they're so smart why are they all dead huh. The future is Yiga. I don't think I've actually been able to kill a single one of them.

I need to start up a Zelda TOTK conspiracy theory channel. The Zonai control the rest of the continent. The Hyrule region is beleived to be under the control of the Rauru lineage. The Zonai were killed in Hyrule by the Yiga clan.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

CainFortea posted:

And "how the hell does a bargainer statue talk through a goddess statue; that's really creeping me out."

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

Oh yeah the Zonai, if they're so smart why are they all dead huh.

"If they're so smart, why don't they live in/right next to the literal long-term nuclear waste Ganon containment facility anymore" a mystery for the ages

epic bacon posted:

"Okay, that was enough Zelda* for today. Hmm. Maybe it's time for some Zelda**, finally."

* doing one particular thing in the game.
** doing a slightly different thing in the game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rauru: Link I have devised a plan to confront Ganon
Link: Yeah? If you're so smart, why aren't you rich!!!
(Link jumps off a ledge, glides, and diamonds continuously fall out of his feet)

Teba: If Rito evolved from Zora, how come there's still Zora!?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Question about what special weapons can be lost and regained

got the sword of the hero and the white sword of the sky. Sword of the hero can be bought for poes, but is white sword gone for good if I use it up?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Steve Yun posted:

Question about what special weapons can be lost and regained

got the sword of the hero and the white sword of the sky. Sword of the hero can be bought for poes, but is white sword gone for good if I use it up?

No, but you have to get a full set of dragon claws to get the new one

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AmbientParadox posted:

I need to start up a Zelda TOTK conspiracy theory channel. The Zonai control the rest of the continent. The Hyrule region is beleived to be under the control of the Rauru lineage. The Zonai were killed in Hyrule by the Yiga clan.

This could explain the "you can't go any further" messages at the edges of the map. The local fauna/natives are prevented from wandering into other territories.

And obviously the person keeping the other Zonai from getting suspicious has to be Mineru.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Supremezero posted:

No, but you have to get a full set of dragon claws to get the new one

Okay “more trouble than it’s worth” is enough reason to store it in the gallery

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

AmbientParadox posted:

Actually Hyrule isn't real, it's all just a recreation built on some kind of space habitat. That's why the depths are opposite to the height on the surface above, it's a plane of uniform thickness that has been raised up artificially, with the depths being the left over void space.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7242288323056700715

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sliding door!

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7242272526787808555

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Runcible Cat posted:

And "how the hell does a bargainer statue talk through a goddess statue; that's really creeping me out."

They’re all directly below them so I think the implication is that they are the true form of the Goddess statues, you were always getting health/stamina upgrades from them. Don’t think about how this works with the statue you can put in your house.