Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Tiny Timbs posted:

That doesn't sound like a patch at all lol

Its confusing because its still the same app. Your PoE1 icon changes to PoE2 and you can't play 1 anymore (well you can play the campaign, but many fundamental systems are all going to change). It makes sense in context, the game is going to be hugely altered with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a sequel, but also all your stuff still has to transfer over because they've spent a decade building up a dedicated player base spending money on microtransactions in a f2p game and they don't want to start from scratch/split the players up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Act 2: So obviously the giant blood hound fight #1 and Astaroth's entrance was cool but maybe my Boss Deleting bow rogue build was too good because he felt undercooked, like his moves needed some more impact and threat? Hell, a Phase 2 after the dog is slain would hit the spot. Not bad, just not what I'd call an act boss. All the storytelling was pretty good. Poor Donan. Lilith just sweeping in, corrupting people with the presence of satan and obliterating their legacies for kicks.

Act 3: A bit story light at first but it's easy to like Lorath and swings into high gear as soon as you go to the cannibal palace and temple of the primes. Badass in-game ritual scene. Game of the Year writing for Lorath not loving around in the slightest against Elias in interrupting that ritual. gently caress you, gently caress your evil gods, gently caress your ritual. STAB. On my way to finishing the act with high hopes. :allears:

I appreciate that you can shotgun the story real fast though this does make the story set piece dungeons a little superfluous, especially for so many unique excellent environmental art assets, but you know you just need to blitz to the end of them usually. Admittedly one of them in Act 3 had a lot of resplendent chests so the exploration isn't totally borked, but there is definitely an odd divide between the game being best when you're doing a bunch of side content and the feeling that if you hit 50 too fast you're missing out?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Kicking myself right now because I didn't name my Barbarian Dave

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

mods please change my av to whoopi goldberg playing diablo 2 on a crt in 1999

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Act V is no slouch. It feels lengthy like a snake and you get lots of good character moments for your rag tag crew of sad people.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

CLAM DOWN posted:

absolutely embarrassing you didn't name it "finger clickin' good"

Bone Economy Lounge is pretty good tbh

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I finished Act VI last night and was genuinely into the story. Like, more genuinely than. Any Diablo game has grabbed me. Great cinematics, writing and sound. Perfect? No, but it's a drat sight better than anything Blizzard has put out in 20 years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

mods please change my av to whoopi goldberg playing diablo 2 on a crt in 1999

midjourney prompt

she looks so happy :unsmith:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Holy poo poo lmao

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That's awesome.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

oh my loving god those are great

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ehud posted:

midjourney prompt

lol

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Servers seemed to have poo poo the bed, west coast (me) + 2 randos from Discord all got kicked out

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lol, looted Temerity and linked it in chat, then servers died immediately :rip:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Excuse me but Whoopi clearly stated that she only plays on a Mac :colbert:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BrianBoitano posted:

Servers seemed to have poo poo the bed, west coast (me) + 2 randos from Discord all got kicked out

Yeah, kicked me out in the middle of fighting butcher in a nm dungeon and now it’s saying no valid license

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Just had my first disconnect since playing soldily since Thursday. At least I wasn't halfway through a dungeon or anything.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

One scene I liked very much in the campaign was Donan manning up and hammering the soulstone. The music and the voice acting made it so emotional. Nop notch

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Severs are indeed making GBS threads themselves which I guess coincides with what Rod Fergusson said earlier

https://twitter.com/RodFergusson/status/1666862413919158272

game might actually be more unstable in the coming days than it was at launch

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Mf said nop notch

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
oh poo poo my character is straight up gone 💀

not showing up on char select

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Yeah can't log in, queue gets longer with every try that ends in error 300202

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Anyone else leveling as ice shards sorc?

I’m level 42 and using the maxroll guide. It says that by now I should not be having any mana problems with ice shards considering the build and recommended aspects, all of which I have, but longer battles still consist of me dumping my cool downs and then running around waiting for mana/cool downs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

There was a bug in D2 Resurrected where you'd log in but your character select was empty. I'm sure it's the same thing here, they'll un-gently caress themselves soon.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Excuse me but Whoopi clearly stated that she only plays on a Mac :colbert:

aw dammit we hosed up. she needs to play it on an iMac G3

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

Its confusing because its still the same app. Your PoE1 icon changes to PoE2 and you can't play 1 anymore (well you can play the campaign, but many fundamental systems are all going to change). It makes sense in context, the game is going to be hugely altered with all the bells and whistles you'd expect from a sequel, but also all your stuff still has to transfer over because they've spent a decade building up a dedicated player base spending money on microtransactions in a f2p game and they don't want to start from scratch/split the players up.

ohh so its like overwatch 2

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ehud posted:

midjourney prompt

My only question is; why did Midjourney decide to add in a random lady in the background on that second picture? That one additional feature made this photo seem more authentic and that frightens me.

Also Guinan must have had some pretty hosed up sessions on the holodeck.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

:same:

ephex posted:

Yeah can't log in, queue gets longer with every try that ends in error 300202

:same:

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

ope hopefully they clear that up before I get home from work in an hour.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Literally disconnected immediately after beating the last boss lol, what loving luck. Guessing I'm gonna have to do this over when I get back in.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

based on yesterday and today, i feel like they're intentionally doing a pre-5pm east server cleanse

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I sympathize & stand in solidarity with him. Blizzard has made a good game with D4. It would be a shame if they were to ruin it by listening to ARPG players. :kiddo:

He's just trying to gatekeep because he's world tier 4 and making GBS threads on someone because they are in world tier 3.

Nothing changes for nightmare dungeons between WT3 and WT4. There's a reason why every racer stayed away from them, because they aren't worth doing.

Normal dungeons should not have the same rewards as the core end game loop. They shouldn't have the same gear power level loot drops and the XP should be noticeably worse than NM dungeons. The only thing NM dungeons have going for them is it's the only way to level glyphs. Most players at the top end advise against even doing NM dungeons until 90 or even 100 because normal dungeons are just that more efficient.

So much of development went into presentation it seems but like nearly nothing got tested properly.

The fact glyphs were gutted 66% 36h after launch is some lmfao poo poo. The core endgame loop is poor(although a few adjustments can fix this easily). They really should prioritize improving NM dungeons like this week imo. Helltides quickly become obsolete after about 75. The core of the game is decent, but they've gotta get moving quickly with more content and the seasonal content needs to be a banger.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ready for Diablo4 2

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I'm home from work now and I want to stab things but the servers are broken.

I just keep rejoining the ever longer queue in hopes that this time, maybe, it will log me in.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Those of us on the SA Discord have unanimously agreed that the best use of server downtime is relentlessly posting pet photos.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Books On Tape posted:

Anyone else leveling as ice shards sorc?

I’m level 42 and using the maxroll guide. It says that by now I should not be having any mana problems with ice shards considering the build and recommended aspects, all of which I have, but longer battles still consist of me dumping my cool downs and then running around waiting for mana/cool downs.

I didn't follow a guide but I have the same problems in boss battles where I'm out of mana all the time and just running around spamming frostbolt until I can cast ice shards or my cooldowns.

I couldn't beat the first capstone dungeon boss because I was just out of mana the whole time and I can't dodge even the telegraphed attacks for the life of me and the boss is immune to status effects (I think) so I don't even get bonus damage to chilled/frozen targets

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

5er posted:

Those of us on the SA Discord have unanimously agreed that the best use of server downtime is relentlessly posting pet photos.

Frankly that's true for any period of downtime for anything.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

based on yesterday and today, i feel like they're intentionally doing a pre-5pm east server cleanse

If so it would be really nice to get a warning, like literally every other online game including their own do.

Also, question for people who have dipped more into endgame stuff: in terms of gearing up, does the focus seem to be on hunting down uniques / set items (do sets even exist?) or is it more about finding really good rares and slapping the right aspects into them? The latter sounds more interesting but also more RNG dependent, and also re-rolling enchantments seems insanely expensive lol.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
"We are investigating reports of login issues affecting #Diablo4 and working to resolve these as soon as possible."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If so it would be really nice to get a warning, like literally every other online game including their own do.

Also, question for people who have dipped more into endgame stuff: in terms of gearing up, does the focus seem to be on hunting down uniques / set items (do sets even exist?) or is it more about finding really good rares and slapping the right aspects into them? The latter sounds more interesting but also more RNG dependent, and also re-rolling enchantments seems insanely expensive lol.

Well I mean, hunting gear is hunting gear right? You want sacred/ancestral whatever and if it has good stats or imprint or whatever you decide from there. But the acquisition loop doesn't change. If a unique drops that you can use, great.

I wouldn't touch re-rolling until WT4 so can't speak to that really.

I should clarify, I HAVE re-rolled affixes, but very rarely. It's definitely not a primary consideration at this point.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 8, 2023