Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

New from McCormick! Keyboard Goop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

We don't have pizza rules here. Next person to espouse a pizza rule gets some kind of comedy pizza sixer (when I get around to it).

there is only one pizza rule:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I'll fight you and I'll win because of the superior amount of carbs in a detroit style pizza.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LifeSunDeath posted:

I like that it becomes a queen slim jim, full of baby slim jims and cheese (birthing sauce, the bread is the placenta).

Surely the cake is the placenta.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

UwUnabomber posted:

I'll fight you and I'll win because of the superior amount of carbs in a detroit style pizza.

Ironic since almost all pizzas coming out of the domestic factories these days are fuel-injected.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DontMockMySmock posted:

there is only one pizza rule:

I was going to agree after getting my hands all messy eating the inside pieces of a square-cut pizza earlier this week, but I'm also a big supporter of Detroit style, so... :shrug:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i don't think i have ever had chicago style pizza

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I thought I had a few times at like, UNO's or whatever the gently caress in the 90s, but then I went to Chicago for some wedding and my family insisted on getting a deep dish pizza and it was easily twice as thick as I'd ever encountered, it was truly intimidating

It was definitely delicious but it never cooled down fully and it was violently greasy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's weird is it varies wildly in each place's definition

There's a "Chicago food" place near me in FL that caters to Chicago expats and serves deep-dish pizzas and Chicago dogs and Italian beeves and so on, but the pizza I got from them looked like this:

Just big chewy high-walled crusts, and the main pizza itself was pretty basic pizza. Thinnish bottom crust, not particularly heavy cheese or sauce, and I could barely find any of the giardiniera I asked for. The crust wasn't even buttery/flaky. Plus they only allowed one non-cheese topping, no exceptions. It just made me kind of weary

It's supposed to be more like this (Uno's/Giordano's style):

Or Pequod's (even better), where it's more like this, because they cook it in a deep skillet so the crust gets all charred and crispy. And they don't skimp on the toppings like some people

And that's not a pizza rule, it's a pizza opinion

broadly shared

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 16:50 on Jun 8, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Brawnfire posted:

It was definitely delicious but it never cooled down fully and it was violently greasy

Sounds like my last intimate experience.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Data Graham posted:

There's a "Chicago food" place near me in FL that caters to Chicago expats and serves deep-dish pizzas and Chicago dogs and Italian beeves and so on, but the pizza I got from them looked like this:

Just big chewy high-walled crusts, and the main pizza itself was pretty basic pizza. Thinnish crust, not particularly heavy cheese or sauce, and I could barely find any of the giardiniera I asked for. The crust wasn't even buttery/flaky. Plus they only allowed one non-cheese topping, no exceptions. It just made me kind of weary

It's supposed to be more like this:

there is no good pizza in florida

not a rule, not an opinion, but a statement of fact.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
As a euro Chicago pizza seems so obviously not pizza and instead a pie and therefore exempt from pizza rules

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Data Graham posted:

Just big chewy high-walled crusts, and the main pizza itself was pretty basic pizza. Thinnish crust, not particularly heavy cheese or sauce, and I could barely find any of the giardiniera I asked for. The crust wasn't even buttery/flaky. Plus they only allowed one non-cheese topping, no exceptions. It just made me kind of weary

It's supposed to be more like this:

broadly shared

my first exposure to chicago pizza was in austin (it was an awesome local place that got bought out by corpos who ruined it, now it's out of business).

the only downside is it takes forever to bake, so you'd be waiting a while to get pizza, very worth it tho.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 16:49 on Jun 8, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Deep dish is something natives eat once every few years when we feed it to tourists or make bad decisions while drunk. True Chicago style is thin crust tavern style.

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/real-chicago-pizza-tavern-style

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah my favorite story of Chicago style is a Texan who somehow decided to start a pizza place, but in typical Texan fashion, decided to beef up and embiggen the flat dish. And then since that managed to persist, Chicago is just stuck with it and has to defend it despite that not being the most popular style of pizza in the city, just the most different and controversial.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Butterfly Valley posted:

As a euro Chicago pizza seems so obviously not pizza and instead a pie and therefore exempt from pizza rules

Some sort of pizza pie you say? :monocle:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

All pizzas are pies, but some are more pies than others.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Everybody likes to unite the pizza types by calling them pies, but nobody takes that in the other direction and tries just smearing a little bit of pumpkin sauce onto flatbread and calling that a pie. There's a clear difference in structural principles at work between proper pizza and a pie.

I feel like with pie it's also usually more tied to the round shape. Like if somebody put a crust in a rectangular pan and filled it up, that wouldn't get called a pie. But school cafeteria pizza is still pizza.

Hoyota
Oct 3, 2013
But "Pi are squared".

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

We're mostly talking about good pizzas here, though. Which is worse, Altoona or St. Louis style?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

FFT posted:

Wow...Orwell much?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

FFT posted:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Wow...Orwell much?

4 toppings good! 2 toppings bad!

EDIT: Maybe that's the key. Pizza has toppings, pie has filling.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hoyota posted:

But "Pi are squared".

Pi are not squared. Pie are round.

Cake are squared.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Shooting Blanks posted:

We're mostly talking about good pizzas here, though. Which is worse, Altoona or St. Louis style?

i recoil from sullying the word pizza by associating it with this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

Altoona style does not rise to the level of being a real pizza, leaving St Louis the winner and reigning champion

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

7-Eleven loves donut crimes.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I know what pizza crimes are but I never thought there are standards to doughnuts.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was going to agree after getting my hands all messy eating the inside pieces of a square-cut pizza earlier this week, but I'm also a big supporter of Detroit style, so... :shrug:

knife and fork exists!

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Well nerds and generic "fruit" frosting are donut crimes.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

UwUnabomber posted:

7-Eleven loves donut crimes.

A Nerd is NOT A SPRINKLE

Perhaps in Shangri-La they are but not here

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They are to me dammit

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/707304392893923358/1116520730721517649/Download.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't do this often, but I'm gonna have to call in the FBI forensics folks to follow up on this one

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
A very apt biohazard tattoo.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

He better tip the cleaning staff with hundreds, that's borderline criminal.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

they did NOT cover this in my most recent pathogens class

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I follow that guy’s instagram and he makes some pretty amazing toilet cuisine.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

mds2 posted:

No notes; perfect thread title.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Brawnfire posted:

A Nerd is NOT A SPRINKLE
Are they a pizza topping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

mds2 posted:

mods

Zero_Grade posted:

Are they a pizza topping?

💕 yes