Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
So gettin two more hours of wrestling in that slot is kind of a no-brainer for the network, huh, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

vivazomo posted:

This website lists the top 200 cable reruns for each week going back almost a full year:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Recent ratings for the Collision timeslot:

May 13th: 0.14, 630k
May 6th & April 29th: Sports
April 22nd: 0.13, 443k
April 15th: 0.11, 475k
April 8th: 0.12, 562k

Did not know that exists, thanks!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Don Callis is now the patron saint of the AEW Business Thread.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

vivazomo posted:

This website lists the top 200 cable reruns for each week going back almost a full year:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Recent ratings for the Collision timeslot:

May 13th: 0.14, 630k
May 6th & April 29th: Sports
April 22nd: 0.13, 443k
April 15th: 0.11, 475k
April 8th: 0.12, 562k

Hmm... That's higher than I expected.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Biggest QH1 Dynamite's had in a while, I would think that speaks to some momentum coming off the PPV.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Would need to look at the minute-by-minute to be sure but that Takeshita/Callis segment might have.. been a draw in the demo?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The next week is against NBA finals, but after that it should get easier until MLB playoffs.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

No real drops. Guess the card just did a good job holding people.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJF haters in the mud.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That's an impressive number given the NBA finals and Vanderpump

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

MJF haters in the mud.

Who's that in the top two quarters?

You know what the main event for Wembley is, Tony. Book it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Adam Cole vs Kenny Omega lfg

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Swerve vs MJF in the UK will be awesome

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Who's that in the top two quarters?

You know what the main event for Wembley is, Tony. Book it.

80k singing Jane will rule.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Did announcing Punk sell any tickets at all outside Chicago?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cagliostr0 posted:

Did announcing Punk sell any tickets at all outside Chicago?

doesn't appear to have made any serious differences in Toronto or Hamilton. hamilton has sold under a thousand from the looks of it, waiting on wrestletix to confirm with a hard number.

the tickets are pretty expensive, i imagine they might need to start announcing lineups ahead of time or cutting some specials to just get it to where it will be presentable on TV without having to use tricky camera angles. The fact its a TV taping for a show in a country that doesn't get said show doesnt help.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think I also read the last Toronto Rampage had a bunch of cheap tickets available the day of the show, so people in the area probably don't feel the need to buy tickets at face ahead of time. That's definitely something that's influenced my AEW ticket-buying, and based on the ticket sales/secondary market prices I've seen for Chicago shows prior to the Punk comeback buzz, I'm not the only one

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

My guess has been that AEW has already been paid for this Canadian tour and aren't in control of the ticket prices.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

My guess has been that AEW has already been paid for this Canadian tour and aren't in control of the ticket prices.

I really need one person to just loving ask Tony about how many sold shows he's doing.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
There was heavy speculation in Calgary that the show was sold to the stampede, because getting the saddledome on the stampede Saturday is a pretty big deal because a country music star could sell it out easily on that weekend. No I don't know any modern country stars

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
also I believe Canadian audiences don't even know if they'll be able to watch Collision on TV. So combine that with a lot of shows being run in the area, including forbidden door, and a lot of people probably just decided ahead of time to go to forbidden door and not the other shows

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

But they don’t need to see it on tv, they can see it with their eyes. Silly Canada

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

xbilkis posted:

I think I also read the last Toronto Rampage had a bunch of cheap tickets available the day of the show, so people in the area probably don't feel the need to buy tickets at face ahead of time. That's definitely something that's influenced my AEW ticket-buying, and based on the ticket sales/secondary market prices I've seen for Chicago shows prior to the Punk comeback buzz, I'm not the only one

This is correct. Close to showtime you could get into that Toronto Rampage for like $10

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm definitely thinking I'm gonna be able to move up to better seats for Collision in Toronto than what I have given sales

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Has there been no indication of an expanded TV deal after the launch of Collision, despite the rumors? They must surely be getting a bucket of extra cash for doubling their live TV output.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

They have a separate additional deal for collision, they will likely renegotiate their package when their existing deal is up

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Answers Me posted:

Has there been no indication of an expanded TV deal after the launch of Collision, despite the rumors? They must surely be getting a bucket of extra cash for doubling their live TV output.

Thurston on one of his livestreams speculated around $30M for Collision.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Answers Me posted:

Khan said on the press scrum that Collision is part of their current TV deal, which expires at the end of 2023, with a network option for 2024. As of right now, we don't know whether or not WBD has picked up the option. One would assume if they don't negotiate a new overall deal by the end of 2023, they'll pick up the option.

Khan also said they're being paid very well for Collision, but gave no specifics. That the number hasn't leaked yet is a little surprising, because we knew the numbers for the 2020 deal and Dynamite-to-TBS deal pretty quickly.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

jackofarcades posted:

also I believe Canadian audiences don't even know if they'll be able to watch Collision on TV. So combine that with a lot of shows being run in the area, including forbidden door, and a lot of people probably just decided ahead of time to go to forbidden door and not the other shows

Collision won’t be on TV in Canada, unless you count TSN+ as “TV”.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Looks like collision will be on fite, that's a relief.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sir Tonk posted:

Looks like collision will be on fite, that's a relief.

AEW+ continues to be by far the most value that I get out of any streaming service I pay for.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Bucks truly will never get a W in quarter hour 8.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They simply cannot get trios matches to draw.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I know wrestling is a lot more segmented in structure than most TV shows, but who are all these people that dip in and out depending on what’s happening. I’m either watching something or I’m not.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Answers Me posted:

I know wrestling is a lot more segmented in structure than most TV shows, but who are all these people that dip in and out depending on what’s happening. I’m either watching something or I’m not.

The dip around 9 is when Vanderpump starts and I assume people slowly tune out (and into that) as they lose interest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pylons posted:

They simply cannot get trios matches to draw.

Have the House of Black matches done better? I'd be curious if some of it is "they're fighting ____ again?!"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Answers Me posted:

Nielsen numbers are total bullshit

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

vanderpump is absolutely on fire right now and bravo is doing the mtv staple of just extending the season finale along infinite episodes until popularity drops off

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I don't know what a vanderpump is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bonk posted:

I don't know what a vanderpump is

Scandoval