Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

bio347 posted:

I went with a firewall sorc, and I'm in my 30s. My build is basically done, and there aren't any transformative legendaries or uniques for the spec. I'm trying to figure out what I have to look forward to in the endgame, because it just kinda seems like I'm supposed to play almost literally the same thing for the next 80 hours or so?

ice shards has a lot of variations you can do based on what gear you have, maybe try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

f#a# posted:

While I wait until tomorrow afternoon to play (lol), this game has kinda bad UI and help/documentation, especially on console. I have some questions:

- Does anybody know what the peripheral stuff on your HP readout orb is? There's the central fluid which obviously is my actual health pool, but then there's like a second ring outside that fills up (I am guessing that's my fortify amount??) and then there's a whole gray ornamental frame around it every now and then and I have no idea what that is.

I believe that these are HP > Fortify > Barrier, and I think there is a "Healthy" vs " Wounded" indicator as well but it's hard to tell which is which

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

f#a# posted:

While I wait until tomorrow afternoon to play (lol), this game has kinda bad UI and help/documentation, especially on console. I have some questions:

- Does anybody know what the peripheral stuff on your HP readout orb is? There's the central fluid which obviously is my actual health pool, but then there's like a second ring outside that fills up (I am guessing that's my fortify amount??) and then there's a whole gray ornamental frame around it every now and then and I have no idea what that is.

- Let me get some stuff about aspects straight before I dive too deep. Codex of Power aspects (unlocked through world dungeons) are infinite use but roll low. Extracted aspects are one-use and cannot be extracted again? That is unnecessarily confusing, they should have called them different things.

- I have Grizzly Rage as my ult, and it completely changes my action bar, removing some stuff. Namely though, my action mapped to Earthen Bulwark is replaced with a completely undocumented skill that makes a big roar, causing an aura around enemies. Anybody know what that does?

#1, you guessed it, the extra second ring is your amount of fortify
#2, right again, extracted aspects become imprinted and cannot be used again
#3, it is a feature of grizzly rage that when you become a grizzly bear your skill bar changes to all werebear skills. You gain free access to those skills, but you cannot use non-werebear skills. Earthen Bulwark is an Earth skill and thus you temporarily lose it. There is a unique helm that makes your earth skills also become werebear skills and thus you can use earth skills while in grizzly rage. The roar in particular is Debilitating Roar which causes a 4 second debuff to surrounding enemies in a very large radius that causes them to do less damage.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

f#a# posted:

- I have Grizzly Rage as my ult, and it completely changes my action bar, removing some stuff. Namely though, my action mapped to Earthen Bulwark is replaced with a completely undocumented skill that makes a big roar, causing an aura around enemies. Anybody know what that does?

Debilitating roar probably. You can get a unique that turns your earth skills into werebear skills so you can still use them when you use grizzly rage.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I hate online only so much

gee its like, maybe its an online loving game? Christ you are a loving moron lmao. Gotta respect how loving stupid you are honestly. Everything you say is literally a lie, made up bullshit, or the dumbest loving thing anyone has ever posted on this forum. Respect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hFcWqMcaIA

"Won't loving launch" - me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

gee its like, maybe its an online loving game? Christ you are a loving moron lmao. Gotta respect how loving stupid you are honestly. Everything you say is literally a lie, made up bullshit, or the dumbest loving thing anyone has ever posted on this forum. Respect.

Shut the gently caress up

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Time to play some Diab-

Wait time: 1,635 minutes.

Oh

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Tiny Timbs posted:

Shut the gently caress up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXp-PrcU8o

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

For all of you steamdeck D4 people: I can launch a bnet instance but the play game button isn't visible:

How do you get around this? Can I force bnet into an aspect ratio in the launch options or something?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I heard the bell and came running.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

a Loving Dog posted:

I heard the bell and came running.

lmfao

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

For all of you steamdeck D4 people: I can launch a bnet instance but the play game button isn't visible:

How do you get around this? Can I force bnet into an aspect ratio in the launch options or something?

Launch it in desktop mode first or a couple of times before running it in game mode

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

bio347 posted:

I went with a firewall sorc, and I'm in my 30s. My build is basically done, and there aren't any transformative legendaries or uniques for the spec. I'm trying to figure out what I have to look forward to in the endgame, because it just kinda seems like I'm supposed to play almost literally the same thing for the next 80 hours or so?

farm gear for a different build cuz that sounds boring as gently caress!

arc lash spanks lillith's bare bottom HARD

i'm teleporting around non stop and sending huge packs of elites straight back to hell in a split second

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Whoopi finally gets a PC to play D4 and sees the queue.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Whoopsi

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Ehud posted:

Whoopi finally gets a PC to play D4 and sees the queue.

holy fuckin poo poo yesss

i need this as an av

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

holy fuckin poo poo yesss

i need this as an av

have some loving self respect dude. Its AI art. Christ.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

1,829 minute login queue, new high score!

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My queue is at over 2000 minutes.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

i'm disrespectful

nerd

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
2,144. Get on my level.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlternateAccount posted:

2,144. Get on my level.

drat, you got me beat.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

f#a# posted:

- Let me get some stuff about aspects straight before I dive too deep. Codex of Power aspects (unlocked through world dungeons) are infinite use but roll low. Extracted aspects are one-use and cannot be extracted again? That is unnecessarily confusing, they should have called them different things.

I haven't done it myself but as far as I know you can re-extract an extracted aspect and move it to a third item etc, you just pay a cost each time.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I was told launch went well so I was really angry but now I'm super happy.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

canceled, rejoined: 2,227 minutes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

^^^ gently caress!! Shiit!!

2,169 minutes :smuggo:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1666933152093462528?s=20

somebody please think of the servers

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don't get it, what pressure? Did something happen between yesterday and today to boost the server demand several thousand times? It's only Thursday.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's a thread about diablo and none of you nerds are using a "my queue is over 9000" meme smdh

Anyway this sucks and also I'm used to it since it's been happening since at least D2 classic.

It really *does* suck how much worse the Internet is for learning actual true and useful things about this game, all in the name of AI SEO bullshit.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Look at this rear end in a top hat bucking to get promoted as a new Prime Evil.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Dude with all respect can you disconnect your internet, go outside and don't come back? You're the most aggro nerdlord I've seen in weeks and it's off-putting.
Edit: I hang out with Australians too much. It's a useful word, your loss.

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 9, 2023

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tiny Timbs posted:

I don't get it, what pressure? Did something happen between yesterday and today to boost the server demand several thousand times? It's only Thursday.

Nah, they mean the pressure from everyone trying to get back in at the same time. They haven't said what caused the problem in the first place.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wvlCSTOQNk

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
huh my queue time just suddenly dropped from 600min to 13min. A good sign?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mine just jumped down to 36 mins left. They may have just flipped a switch.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

the entire northeast USA population being told to stay indoors due to air quality coupled with all of them having seen that D4 nyc ad go viral

a lot of bored nerds the past 24h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pmchem posted:

the entire northeast USA population being told to stay indoors due to air quality coupled with all of them having seen that D4 nyc ad go viral

a lot of bored nerds the past 24h

That's true, I wasn't considering the brimstone atmosphere