Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Striking absence of FeMC, Kasumi and Sophia in those box arts, holding out hope that these are fakes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They're real, and I hate them

Why even loving make this thing if you're not putting the female protagonist in it. You had one job. There is no other reason to do this

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Trailers got reuploaded before they fixed it.

https://twitter.com/ScrambledFaz/status/1666934712412131330
https://twitter.com/ScrambledFaz/status/1666935792403468288

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 8, 2023

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Arist posted:

Why even loving make this thing if you're not putting the female protagonist in it. You had one job. There is no other reason to do this

But having the female protagonist would take development time away from adding in new out of place homophobic scenes!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Barely anyone cares about feMC, in japan or america that's why.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i care enough to make up for all of them

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I would not be surprised if they sell DLC that adds her a year later or something though. Which would be Fine I guess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

and my point is, it's the only reason people actually loving wanted this in the first place, unless the only group you're going after are 13-year-olds who refuse to play games older than they are

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
what in the goddamn heck, atlus

why are you like this

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Not really a fan of Persona stealing all the potential for other subseries. Did we need P5 Tactics over DeSu 3? The remade P3 is looking g suitably stylish though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

and my point is, it's the only reason people actually loving wanted this in the first place, unless the only group you're going after are 13-year-olds who refuse to play games older than they are

I don't think this is a very accurate statement.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what's a good reason to remake persona 3 then, please, elucidate me

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, I'm being a bit facetious, but this is utterly pointless

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

A modern way to play Persona 3 without having to play the dogshit port of P3P with AI upscaled smudge art.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Scored 4th place in her own game! Sad!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They coulda just ported it then

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Scored 4th place in her own game! Sad!

She beat both of the characters with actual personalities

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

:hmmyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5O_jq1CSv0

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

It was still an immensely popular game.

Also getting someone besides Vic to voice Junpei

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

They coulda just ported it then

She beat both of the characters with actual personalities

They did port it. Like come on do you really need to have it explained why people want an updated port of a popular game? I am disappointed too but you are vastly overstating the popularity of that route.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
hello I am a second person of the same opinion, remaking P3 without the cool protagonist is the worst idea I've ever heard

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Can't wait to pay another $60 for the "Royal" version in 2025 with The Answer and FeMC.

(this is a lie since I have gamepass)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

It was still an immensely popular game.

Also getting someone besides Vic to voice Junpei

Not every popular thing needs a remake. This was an opportunity to finally make P3 complete (with the possible exception of The Answer, which I would honestly be fine with because The Answer sucks) and they appear to have just not taken it.

ImpAtom posted:

They did port it.

Then don't remake it!

Like, yes, I'm sure there are people clamoring for this, exactly this, and don't care about what's blatantly missing here... I just think those people are myopic idiots.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Settle down, beavis, lol.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Reasons I want FeMC route:

-Better protagonist
-Better SLs (shoves Ken romance link out the window)
-October 4th
-Updated graphics for P3R would solve the main issue with the route (visual novel style)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Anyway, P3 aside.

I don't know if I care to play another P5 spinoff, but this is nice.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I'm a giant fan of the FemC route, but I'm still really excited for Reload. While I do think she adds a lot of depth to the party, Persona 3 is still my favorite game ever, even without her. It's not ideal, but I'm just happy to see the rest of the characters and story again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

Not every popular thing needs a remake. This was an opportunity to finally make P3 complete (with the possible exception of The Answer, which I would honestly be fine with because The Answer sucks) and they appear to have just not taken it.

Then don't remake it!

Like, yes, I'm sure there are people clamoring for this, exactly this, and don't care about what's blatantly missing here... I just think those people are myopic idiots.

What is different between this and the dozen other remakes that have come out? Like poo poo we got Dead Space and RE4 this year already and neither of those games needed a remake as much as P3 does

We have no idea how much is actually changing. It could be a whole lot.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really as long as they touch up the stinker S links I think it'll be a drat good version. Most of them I think could be salvaged with a rewrite.

I hope things like being able to choose diff weapons and the tired/sick stuff make it back in though after being cut from p3p. Those gave the game flavor!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

What is different between this and the dozen other remakes that have come out? Like poo poo we got Dead Space and RE4 this year already and neither of those games needed a remake as much as P3 does

You'll never guess what I think about most of those

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The P3P remaster didn’t sell great, if I recall hearing second or third hand correctly.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If Mitsuru doesn't cast the funny love spell to no effect then clearly the developers of the remake do not understand the appeal of the original game.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Also please don't force MC to date all the girls.

Like if you absolutely had to keep it to Male MC only for whatever reason, at least gut the worst paths of it. Because it actually does look really neat but I don't want to go 'okay, but...' when raving about it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean yes I'm obviously gonna get the game with more Phantom Thief shenanigans, and I'm okay with it lacking the precious redheads because they're fairly isolated characters, but the P3 thing has me steamed.

or, well, gonna have to wait for them to not be Xbox exclusive anyways, maybe they'll have made Persona 3 Platinum or whatever they'll call it by then

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

You'll never guess what I think about most of those

I literally was talking to you in the FF7 Remake thread! That is what is bewildering. We know nothing about this except the trailer. They could be expanding it or revamping the combat system or making Tartarus not suck rear end. Calling people idiots because they might be glad to see an older game updated is extra odd when thr part that has you angry already came from the *second* updated version of the game anyway which itself removed the big bonus thing the first rerelease added!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, something about this aesthetic is not doing it for me. OG P3 looked pretty bad at times but this seems... off from what that game was going for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean yes I'm obviously gonna get the game with more Phantom Thief shenanigans, and I'm okay with it lacking the precious redheads because they're fairly isolated characters, but the P3 thing has me steamed.

or, well, gonna have to wait for them to not be Xbox exclusive anyways, maybe they'll have made Persona 3 Platinum or whatever they'll call it by then

If the rumors were correct it is coming to PS and PC too. The XBox is just because ut us veing shown at the Xbox conference

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

feels like Persona 5 never loving ends, this is like the 4th or 5th spinoff game derived from this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
No matter what, P3R is gonna piss off somebody. Either it'll be too faithful to the original and people are gonna bemoan things like the crappy SLs and the boss difficulty (which is noticeably harder than P4/P5), or they'll rework a bunch of it and people will moan that 'things were actually difficult back in the day, how dare you Atlus'.