Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I really dislike the necro fart clouds yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

For all of you steamdeck D4 people: I can launch a bnet instance but the play game button isn't visible:

How do you get around this? Can I force bnet into an aspect ratio in the launch options or something?

Yeah you have to tap like the upper part of the screen or something. The window needs to be maximized.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

SettingSun posted:

Hell yeah just took out the Butcher by breaking his ai by putting a shrine between me and him. Just took a single swing at me every couple seconds.

I killed Butcher today. I was in a nightmare dungeon, which is already tough. I clicked on a ballistic shrine or whatever they're called, which started a survival challenge. With all the pixels flying around the screen, I didn't even notice I was fighting the Butcher until he was half dead.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Man, reading the Blizzard boards, you'd think no class is currently any good in the endgame.

- Rogues think the nerf to TB has ruined the class and they need to reroll
- Sorcs think none of their builds are worth a drat past level 50 and they need to reroll
- Barbs still reeling from the WW nerfs.
- Druids are apparently still leveling because they're complaining about how slow it is.
- Necros seem to think minions are completely broken and they need to reroll

Anyone hit end game yet and can comment? I don't get a lot of playing time so I try to find a class in these games that has both a good leveling and end game experience. I know Blizzard boards are a cesspool and it's hard to separate the crap from the truth.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Black Griffon posted:

D3 turned out good in the end in my personal opinion, but if this one turns out to be secretly bad I hope it takes just a little less time. Loving D4 so far though.

RoS definitely made it good, but launch D3 had a lot of problems that weren't apparently until a couple weeks in

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Books On Tape posted:

Man, reading the Blizzard boards, you'd think no class is currently any good in the endgame.

- Sorcs think none of their builds are worth a drat past level 50 and they need to reroll
- Druids are apparently still leveling because they're complaining about how slow it is.

Anyone hit end game yet and can comment? I don't get a lot of playing time so I try to find a class in these games that has both a good leveling and end game experience. I know Blizzard boards are a cesspool and it's hard to separate the crap from the truth.

Blizzard Boards are legit the most negative forums I have ever seen wrt to video games, which is saying a whole lot

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Not really. You have to discover areas through progression in the campaign.

No I mean like I used the literal "Skip Campaign" feature since I already beat the game once.

But I'm still forced to level in the vaguely "Act 1 / 2" area for a while, I guess.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Books On Tape posted:

I'm only at t9 nightmare dungeons but they're lots of fun as hota barb. Build really unlocks after 50. Leveling sucked pretty bad and it was hard to kill several campaign bosses. we'll see how it is once I get to wt4 but it's good so far

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Books On Tape posted:

Druid is very strong late game. I'm 81 on my cocaine bear and I just screen clear poo poo at this point. Setting up the pieces for stormwolf switch later tonight. I just need to sort through 4 tabs of aspects and legendaries with no search functionality.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Books On Tape posted:

I shoot the baddies and then I blow up their dead bodies making more dead bodies for me to blow up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is absolutely insane that hold X is the function to unspec a single point, and tapping it is the full respec

Zotix posted:

Druid is very strong late game. I'm 81 on my cocaine bear and I just screen clear poo poo at this point. Setting up the pieces for stormwolf switch later tonight. I just need to sort through 4 tabs of aspects and legendaries with no search functionality.

How was levelling

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Books On Tape posted:

I mean i'm a pretty massive dumbass with brain damage, and I am getting through the end game just fine with winging it with a necro minion build that is not following an expert guide. Pick your skills and find gear that gives those skills a bonus.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Got my first unique! And it's one I wanted to get (Lam Essen's staff) so I could check out a charged bolt build!

Unfortunately, it's 130 item levels lower than my current weapon, which puts just a bit of a damper on it.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

LifeLynx posted:

I killed Butcher today. I was in a nightmare dungeon, which is already tough. I clicked on a ballistic shrine or whatever they're called, which started a survival challenge. With all the pixels flying around the screen, I didn't even notice I was fighting the Butcher until he was half dead.

I encountered him in a random dungeon at like level 15. He's supposed to just be kind of a huge pain to kill when you're not leveled up yeah? He basically just murdered me, like I could have run away but there was no way I was going to win a straight fight.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Books On Tape posted:

Rogues have Poison Flurry which is insane damage and survivability. It'll probably get nerfed and I'll be sad. Those forums are also complaining that bows are useless, which is very valid.

I've done some multiplayer stuff including two legion events and Druids wreck poo poo faster than I can. It probably is slower leveling but can't be by much, and it looks like it's worth the wait.

I almost never see a Sorc in game, I don't know why.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Zotix posted:

I just need to sort through 4 tabs of aspects and legendaries with no search functionality.

It's loving insane then didn't implement any sort of Ctrl+F here.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

zoux posted:

It is absolutely insane that hold X is the function to unspec a single point, and tapping it is the full respec

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Books On Tape posted:

The prob I have with sorc is that there are mana problems. Especially on single target. I almost feel like the resource mana shouldnt even exist and we should just rotate CDs

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
alright I'm officially way over the having to redo quests every time the connection takes a poo poo thing, and like some times I dc, and I relog and I'm back in the quest, can we just do that for every thing bliz? I mean, I'm only asking for the level of features that we got in guild wars factions in 2006

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Donnerberg posted:

Got in. Right back to dress up.

mad respect, brother in rear end

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Bussamove posted:

Does the damage from Blighted Corpse Explosion clouds overlapping stack or is the only benefit my own twisted glee at blinding myself and my friends?

It definitely stacks. One of the main benefits over the standard explosion is that each tick can trigger Lucky Hit effects, which can get really silly in massed puddles.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Books On Tape posted:

blizzard forum is where all the unironic "nerf server slam ashava so i can get my horn or i will cancel my pre-order" threads came from. they're the entire reason the horn became a meme.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
they really need to make the corpse explosion circle less opaque. hate playing with my necro friend. get blown up by explosions I can't see coming all the time

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This is kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkjtL33hNQ

Another 'game devs forgot to carry the one' instance

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

they really need to make the corpse explosion circle less opaque. hate playing with my necro friend. get blown up by explosions I can't see coming all the time

Yeah when you have Blight + Blighted CE you can't see poo poo on the ground. Basically all my boss deaths were because of this.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

bio347 posted:

There's a loading screen tip that literally says "Direct damage is any damage that is not damage over time." Thanks, that clears that right up!

Does it feel bad without the mana regen Aspect from Hawezar? I'm pretty far away from there, currently. Also might be a pain in general to switch, given my gear is all slanted toward fire and DoT damage right now...

Is the cooldown on Unstable Currents not a huge drag while leveling? Even Inferno's much shorter one seems a bit much at times. And how do you deal with bosses? I had Arc Lash in my build for a while, but getting close to bosses and the occasional elite was mostly just suicide so I switched it out for Spark.

if you're trying to go right to not running a builder you would probably want that mana aspect but i didnt really care for that and instead just did a more pure frost build until i had more affixes for resource generation and switched over to a build using fire bolt enchantment when i could more reliably go without a builder. maybe now that ive played it more i would feel differently leveling again. since you already have fire gear you could try playing around with either fireball or fire bolt enchants along with the ice shards enchant and still get some use out of your current gear.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BabyRyoga posted:

This is kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrkjtL33hNQ

Another 'game devs forgot to carry the one' instance

Thats some 200 Vegan IQ right there

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That Little Demon posted:

gee its like, maybe its an online loving game? Christ you are a loving moron lmao. Gotta respect how loving stupid you are honestly. Everything you say is literally a lie, made up bullshit, or the dumbest loving thing anyone has ever posted on this forum. Respect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol owned bitch

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Books On Tape posted:

I'm having a ton of fun with my non-meta Barb build. I want to shuffle some legendary slots around, but this is my current setup. Basic idea is to never use the same ability twice in a row, always pairing Lunging Strike + HotA at a 1:1 ratio. Make sure to use Leap or Charge in between to keep up the Walking Arsenal buff, and with the constant weapon switching your HotA usage should have a net resource cost of near zero. Iron Maelstrom is used as an opener against elite clusters and/or kill groups of ranged chaff. I'm comfortably doing tier 40-45 Nightmare Dungeons at level 74, which I think is more effective than average.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

picture this: it's 2001, and you're doing hell Baal runs with your Javazon. everything is going great. you've downed all the minibosses before the worldstone chamber, and now you're going in with everyone. baal is dying super fast, but he's killed some level 50-something sorc, and the bear druid keeps hitting the fake baals, not the real ones. but it's whatever, because before you know it, baal's at like 2% life when suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunch of bone walls go up, separating you and everyone else from all the drops. some rear end in a top hat necro scoops everything up and leaves the game.

His name?

xXWhoopiXx

you got loving goldberg'ed

Getting corpse camped outside the Rogue Encampment, surrounded by hundreds of ears.

xXWhoopiXx: kek

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

while you're in queue feel free to watch izwf to pass the time

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
My friends, we are back! This is good news because this game and The Beths go hand in hand. I’m in a Beths mood.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
endgame doesn't have level scaling? a silent admission by the devs that it's bad and unfun :thunk:

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

My friends, we are back! This is good news because this game and The Beths go hand in hand. I’m in a Beths mood.

alright, but if I dc during this quest again, I'm gonna complain on the internet so hard.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
also omg the game is so much better zoomed out

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Act 3: Killed Elias the very first time before he could do anything in a 2 second burst and thought oh no I've really broken the curve with this single target build!!! Then the actual Act 3 boss gauntlet was really cool. I guess Act 2 was a bit wider and story focused and suffered some loss of gameplay polish? Elias as a boss was a nail biter compared to knocking Astaroth over like one of the beginner tutorial bosses.

Halfway into the campaign and competency all around, really enjoying myself.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

also omg the game is so much better zoomed out

Try it with your monitor turned off.

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

Books On Tape posted:

I like to make some skeletons go and do my bidding and maybe splash some blood everywhere, still can

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The thorns while under berserk legendary works so well that I cant maintain berserk because the monsters kill themselves before I can hit them to refresh berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Duck and Cover posted:

Try it with your monitor turned off.

demons got nothing on me