Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Arist posted:

what's a good reason to remake persona 3 then, please, elucidate me

it was a ps2 game and then it was a psp game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Iīm salted that P5T, as in T for tournament, is just another Q-like game that will end with the characters losing their memories, instead of a fighting game that would continue that story of Royal and Strikers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

I literally was talking to you in the FF7 Remake thread! That is what is bewildering. We know nothing about this except the trailer. They could be expanding it or revamping the combat system or making Tartarus not suck rear end. Calling people idiots because they might be glad to see an older game updated is extra odd when thr part that has you angry already came from the *second* updated version of the game anyway which itself removed the big bonus thing the first rerelease added!

If you want to talk about FFVII Remake, I don't think that really makes sense as a comparison. When that was announced, I was excited for it in a similar way I was potentially excited about the possibility of a P3 remake, because FFVII's translation was always compromised severely and I wanted a better version. That's not what we got, but I'm happy with what we got--because, at the end of the day, FFVII Remake is not a replacement for the original game, and it's not trying to be.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

ApplesandOranges posted:

No matter what, P3R is gonna piss off somebody. Either it'll be too faithful to the original and people are gonna bemoan things like the crappy SLs and the boss difficulty (which is noticeably harder than P4/P5), or they'll rework a bunch of it and people will moan that 'things were actually difficult back in the day, how dare you Atlus'.

well yeah but it should at least have the decency to piss off people with the wrong opinions!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

DLC Inc posted:

feels like Persona 5 never loving ends, this is like the 4th or 5th spinoff game derived from this game

Not counting crossovers, P5 has had Strikers, PQ2, Dancing, and now this?

P4 and P3 have had PQ1, PQ2, Arena, Ultimax, Dancing, even if Arena was more P4-heavy. Not counting BBTAG.

Then if we're counting the extra media, P3 had the movie, P4 had two anime seasons, P5 had one. And then there's the stage plays which 90% of people won't see.

So it's probably fairly even, P4 has had slightly more but P5 has had more crammed into a shorter amount of time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

it was a ps2 game and then it was a psp game.

As good as the PS2 was, I don't think we need to remake every PS2 game ever made

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think calling everyone an idiot for not caring as much about the female mode is real wack dude.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
As soon as they released P3P on modern systems it was obvious the remake would not have FeMC.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think calling everyone an idiot for not caring as much about the female mode is real wack dude.

That's both not what I said and was a joke

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think saying barely anyone cares about FeMC is also just provoking arguments, so it's probably easier for everyone just to let it go and wait for more info than a 90 second trailer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The dead space remake owns and should definitely exist. Maybe 3make will be the same

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
Even if you scrap femc (you shouldn't she's easily the better protagonist) why on god's green earth would you keep the mc's GARBAGE s-links like Magician???

REPLACE THEM WITH YOUR PARTY MEMBERS ATLUS JESUS

This is almost as bad a decision to keep Tartarus intact (which hopefully they are not doing)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I do think, reexamining the trailer, it's theoretically possible (though I don't think it's probable) that they're just holding back certain elements for the trailer, since it's pretty barebones in terms of what it shows. Like, we only get Junpei and Yukari as party members.

I don't think she'll be added as DLC, though. That doesn't seem likely to me. The most Atlus has really done along those lines is the DLC for Raidou in the Nocturne remaster, and that was day one DLC.

DourCricket posted:

Even if you scrap femc (you shouldn't she's easily the better protagonist) why on god's green earth would you keep the mc's GARBAGE s-links like Magician???

This is almost as bad a decision to keep Tartarus intact (which hopefully they are not doing)

Tartarus' layout seems notably different in the one shot we get in the trailer.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

DourCricket posted:

They should port Junpei, Akihiko, Shinjiro and Koromaru SLs.

Keep the romance options for Akihiko and Shinjiro.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Persona 3 Reload looks pretty and I hope it fixes my problems with the original.

It probably won't though.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Kenji is a good friend, donīt be mean.

The only s.links I can see then cutting is the arts glasses guy, the rival from the tornament and the fat kid. Sadly maybe the monk too. That leaves space for 4 out of the 5 male party members. Just make Ken and Koromaru be a duo social link like the fighting game and done.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No FemC no sale

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also if they're committing to a remake of Persona 3 without the Portable stuff they better actually commit to that and not let you control your party members. I don't even like that decision, but they're cowards if they don't

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Persona 3 ftmfw

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Its safe to assume the new games are coming to steam right

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Saagonsa posted:

Persona 3 ftmfw

This.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just saw the news, hell yeah I love me a tactics game

not sure if I'll just wait till the p3r release since I hadn't gotten around to playing p3p after buying it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Also if they're committing to a remake of Persona 3 without the Portable stuff they better actually commit to that and not let you control your party members. I don't even like that decision, but they're cowards if they don't

The AI was fine if you actually used tactics and didn't leave it on "do anything" like so many complainers did. so it'd be epic to have it AI only frankly.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IceBorg posted:

Kenji is a good friend, donīt be mean.

The only s.links I can see then cutting is the arts glasses guy, the rival from the tornament and the fat kid. Sadly maybe the monk too. That leaves space for 4 out of the 5 male party members. Just make Ken and Koromaru be a duo social link like the fighting game and done.

Mutatsu is consistent across both genders, so he probably stays, same with Tanaka.

That said, I wouldn't mind if they cut Hidetoshi, I don't think anyone has ever cared about him as a SL.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fit em all up in there posted:

Its safe to assume the new games are coming to steam right

Even assuming it's an Xbox console exclusive (which it won't be, but let's say it is for the sake of argument), it will be on Steam. Gears 5 and Halo Infinite are both on Steam, Xbox puts all their PC games on Steam.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did anyone actually expect the remake to have femc lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ImpAtom posted:

If the rumors were correct it is coming to PS and PC too. The XBox is just because ut us veing shown at the Xbox conference

The tactics game said it was for Windows

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

HootTheOwl posted:

The tactics game said it was for Windows

But how is the gang going to help their new antagonistic friend gain/regain humanity this time?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Arbite posted:

But how is the gang going to help their new antagonistic friend gain/regain humanity this time?

Idk, but I'm going to keep buying that garbage

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w4lTSuJ3O0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Endorph posted:

did anyone actually expect the remake to have femc lol

I didn't think it was that unlikely

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theyve put femc in like literally two things since p3p released and she didnt get any kind of official name until over a decade after it came out, they just dont care about her

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

For real though: I played Persona 3 FES on the PS3 after seeing the opening for the game online when I was 16 and it very deeply resonated with me back then, even the social links that people are real down on. While it would be ideal for the FeMC to be included, and its a bit lame that she isn't, seeing someone act like nobody likes the male MC and his whole thing really makes my eyes roll.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

nobody said that, but ok

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

nobody said that, but ok

quote:

and my point is, it's the only reason people actually loving wanted this in the first place, unless the only group you're going after are 13-year-olds who refuse to play games older than they are

quote:

Like, yes, I'm sure there are people clamoring for this, exactly this, and don't care about what's blatantly missing here... I just think those people are myopic idiots.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like i agree that im not really interested in this remake without femc but theres plenty of reasons to remake it besides her route

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
The FeMC and Answer content will both be on Persona 3 Reloaded: Last Shot or whatever they call the eventual directors cut edition

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes, correct, you found some different words that have different meanings

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

By what massive reach do those posts even imply I was saying nobody likes the male guy? I clearly don't, but that's not really the issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The Answer was cool. Definitely different than the main game but I enjoyed playing it. Except for the bosses that were vulnerable only to one element, and had the appropriate dodge. Pretty poo poo design.