Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

They’re all directly below them so I think the implication is that they are the true form of the Goddess statues, you were always getting health/stamina upgrades from them. Don’t think about how this works with the statue you can put in your house.

That doesn't track cause there are Goddess statues in many places without equivalent Bargainer statues, including on the Great Sky Island. And Bargainer statues don't trade you hearts or stamina for your LIghts of Blessing. And it also doesn't explain the deal with the Horned Statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just Andi Now posted:

That doesn't track cause there are Goddess statues in many places without equivalent Bargainer statues, including on the Great Sky Island. And it also doesn't explain the deal with the Horned Statue.

Every Bargainer statue is directly below a Goddess statue though. Maybe the extra Goddess statues are connected to an unseen Bargainer, or some are connected to multiple Goddesses.
I guess you could also interpret it as the Goddess statues being directly above to seal the Bargainers, and they can only talk through them because of the Upheavel weakening their seal.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
They made a bargain, Hylia The Goddess rules the earth, and the Bargainer has the depths.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7238296138183494954

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The Legend of Zelda: Oh No! All Dungeons!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Two shrines short...time to flip back and forth between the maps again :sigh:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My last two ended up being in the sky I flipped that map so many times before I decided to check Hero’s Path to see if I’ve missed any islands. Got ‘em all now though

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7236587299444641067

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Game is beautiful
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr4HkS18_Is

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

RatHat posted:

Every Bargainer statue is directly below a Goddess statue though. Maybe the extra Goddess statues are connected to an unseen Bargainer, or some are connected to multiple Goddesses.
I guess you could also interpret it as the Goddess statues being directly above to seal the Bargainers, and they can only talk through them because of the Upheavel weakening their seal.

This got me thinking, because the statues do line up. One of them seems like it doesn't, until you realize that it really does.

So the obvious ones: The Forgotten Temple, the original Temple of Time on the Plateau, and the Springs of Courage, Wisdom, and Power. These all match 1 to 1, if you could ascend straight up from the Bargainer Statue at the Wellspring of Power, you'd be within throwing distance of the Goddess Statue in the Spring of Power. They're not always literally on top of each other, but the sites match up.

Then there's the Plains Bargainer Statue. This one seems like it's in the middle of nowhere at first glance, and if you check the map on the overworld, there is absolutely nothing there. It's just south of the Bottomless Pond, though, so if you go up one more map layer... it's directly underneath the Sky Island Temple of Time. Pretty neat! And it would make sense if the Sky Island Temple of Time was originally on the regular overworld, this is where the corresponding statue would be.

Then you get to the last one, the one that everybody first bumped into: The one at Lookout Landing. Seems like it would just be placed haphazardly in the world, but it's actually in this spot for 2 reasons. Number 1, Lookout Landing is built on top of the Sacred Grounds from Breath of the Wild, which is where Zelda did the ceremony that inducted Link as a Champion alongside the other four champions, so it also has ties to the Goddess. Number 2: The corresponding Goddess statue is not in the sky, or the depths.

It's in the Royal Hidden Passage.

Edit: Also, completely unrelated, but if you're using Autobuild or Ice Wands to farm apples from the orchard, and you've already completed all of the temples besides going to the final boss fight, just hop on Mineru. She's apple picking height. You can just mash the A button and walk around.

bawk fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 9, 2023

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

epic bacon posted:

does anyone else have the feeling of like "i'm satisfied with the amount of Zelda i have played today" and then shortly afterwards you find yourself catching up with this thread and 15 posts in you're like "i desperately need to play Zelda more than anything in the world right now"
yeah i've been trying to start a new game of Enter the Gungeon for a few days but

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

More and more convinced every Addison puzzle has a one object solution

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

bawk posted:

-snip-

I forget, did they say they actually found that statue underneath Lookout Landing? Or was it found somewhere in the Depths and that's just the place Josha has all the weird artifacts dragged to for further study? It might have just been lying around in that area by the Hyrule Field Chasm, which seems to be as far as the Survey Team has really scouted by the time we get there.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Ending thoughts.

Fantastic Ganondorf fight, maybe a series best. I'll let my recency bias fade a bit before making up my mind, but it *slaps*. When I realized he was permanently, unhealably sapping my hearts was terrifying, as was when I realized I couldn't rely on Flurry Rushes, since they reliably actived *his* Flurry Rush. Not particularly hard; I beat him in armor I picked because it looks cool, not armor I picked because of its defense, and without having to down too many meals. But it feels great and just because it's not super difficult doesn't mean it's not perfect.

Love that they repeated the easy spectacle phase format of BotW, but this time made the spectacle worth the ticket. Unlike BotW's Dark Beast, this felt like I was constantly doing something cool.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

I forget, did they say they actually found that statue underneath Lookout Landing? Or was it found somewhere in the Depths and that's just the place Josha has all the weird artifacts dragged to for further study? It might have just been lying around in that area by the Hyrule Field Chasm, which seems to be as far as the Survey Team has really scouted by the time we get there.

It seems like it must be moved, because it's just the head with nothing else. All the others are at least partially-buried or something like that, but there's very clearly open air under the one at Lookout Landing. Then again, the Horned Statue also appears to have been moved. Or moved itself. :thunk:

I checked around where they would have otherwise found it, and then also checked over by Firly Pond. Nothing there on any map layer. Nothing doing. Was kinda hoping to see a beheaded statue or something.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

bawk posted:

This got me thinking, because the statues do line up. One of them seems like it doesn't, until you realize that it really does.

So the obvious ones: The Forgotten Temple, the original Temple of Time on the Plateau, and the Springs of Courage, Wisdom, and Power. These all match 1 to 1, if you could ascend straight up from the Bargainer Statue at the Wellspring of Power, you'd be within throwing distance of the Goddess Statue in the Spring of Power. They're not always literally on top of each other, but the sites match up.

Then there's the Plains Bargainer Statue. This one seems like it's in the middle of nowhere at first glance, and if you check the map on the overworld, there is absolutely nothing there. It's just south of the Bottomless Pond, though, so if you go up one more map layer... it's directly underneath the Sky Island Temple of Time. Pretty neat! And it would make sense if the Sky Island Temple of Time was originally on the regular overworld, this is where the corresponding statue would be.

Then you get to the last one, the one that everybody first bumped into: The one at Lookout Landing. Seems like it would just be placed haphazardly in the world, but it's actually in this spot for 2 reasons. Number 1, Lookout Landing is built on top of the Sacred Grounds from Breath of the Wild, which is where Zelda did the ceremony that inducted Link as a Champion alongside the other four champions, so it also has ties to the Goddess. Number 2: The corresponding Goddess statue is not in the sky, or the depths.

It's in the Royal Hidden Passage.

Edit: Also, completely unrelated, but if you're using Autobuild or Ice Wands to farm apples from the orchard, and you've already completed all of the temples besides going to the final boss fight, just hop on Mineru. She's apple picking height. You can just mash the A button and walk around.

This post is the goods.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

See poo poo like that is what I want to see from Zelda, not massive caverns with repetitive content yes I am kinda disappointed in the Depths it could have been so much cooler dammit.

bawk posted:

It seems like it must be moved, because it's just the head with nothing else. All the others are at least partially-buried or something like that, but there's very clearly open air under the one at Lookout Landing. Then again, the Horned Statue also appears to have been moved. Or moved itself. :thunk:

I checked around where they would have otherwise found it, and then also checked over by Firly Pond. Nothing there on any map layer. Nothing doing. Was kinda hoping to see a beheaded statue or something.

The Horned Statue talks about how the Goddess (assumably Hylia) felt the need to punish them further and stuck them at the bottom of a lake sometime after BotW, and then eventually moved them to their current spot. So yes, it did move.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Then the question is, did the Goddess move the Horned Statue to where it is right now and then Lookout Landing happened to be built on top of the Sacred Grounds, ending up with them finding the Bargainer Statue's head and placing it in their laboratory space under the observatory as a matter of chance?

Or did they find and place the Bargainer Statue, and the Goddess move the Horned Statue to be underneath where the Bargainer Statue's head is located?

Weirder still, Jerrin (broom sheikha lady) seems to think that the dais in the Sacred Grounds originally belonged to the Horned Statue. I dunno if she's referring to the one that the Goddess Statue is currently sitting on, or if the one built into the wall before it reveals the Royal Hidden Passage is the one it would have been on. Either way, pretty neat!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

bawk posted:

Then the question is, did the Goddess move the Horned Statue to where it is right now and then Lookout Landing happened to be built on top of the Sacred Grounds, ending up with them finding the Bargainer Statue's head and placing it in their laboratory space under the observatory as a matter of chance?

Or did they find and place the Bargainer Statue, and the Goddess move the Horned Statue to be underneath where the Bargainer Statue's head is located?

Weirder still, Jerrin (broom sheikha lady) seems to think that the dais in the Sacred Grounds originally belonged to the Horned Statue. I dunno if she's referring to the one that the Goddess Statue is currently sitting on, or if the one built into the wall before it reveals the Royal Hidden Passage is the one it would have been on. Either way, pretty neat!

No idea! But I get what they were going for and the derails don’t have to be perfect, so it makes enough sense to me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Two shrines short...time to flip back and forth between the maps again :sigh:

I found em. One I'd just completely missed when switching between the surface and depths maps, it was even a blatantly obvious one sitting out there in the open :v:

The last one I'd actually marked already, but missed in my last map check. I got confused enough searching the area that I looked up a hint, and it kind of bugs me because it turns out to be locked behind a long sequence of multiple sidequests. It turns out it's behind a whole set of Yiga stuff involving going all over to get their full armor set and then doing several quests that require it. I haven't even seen any of that despite doing all the Master Kohga fights, there's not anything in my open quest logs to even suggest it. I guess it'd be cool to find a shrine naturally while sidequesting, but it's frustrating to come at it from the other side at the very end of the game, and have it be something I have to dick around figuring a bunch of stuff out if I want to tick off that final checkmark. :sigh:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

I found em. One I'd just completely missed when switching between the surface and depths maps, it was even a blatantly obvious one sitting out there in the open :v:

The last one I'd actually marked already, but missed in my last map check. I got confused enough searching the area that I looked up a hint, and it kind of bugs me because it turns out to be locked behind a long sequence of multiple sidequests. It turns out it's behind a whole set of Yiga stuff involving going all over to get their full armor set and then doing several quests that require it. I haven't even seen any of that despite doing all the Master Kohga fights, there's not anything in my open quest logs to even suggest it. I guess it'd be cool to find a shrine naturally while sidequesting, but it's frustrating to come at it from the other side at the very end of the game, and have it be something I have to dick around figuring a bunch of stuff out if I want to tick off that final checkmark. :sigh:

you can glide down to it from the gerudo highlands tower

e: Oh you mean the other one.

Yeah, that one you'll need to do a little bit of work to get, but it's honestly not that bad, the worst part is that a map you'll see to find the other pieces of armor is a little bit misleading. When I went to follow where I thought I was supposed to go, I ended up fighting some Gloom Hands and a Thunder Gleeok.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

bawk posted:

A correction here, the Sky Island Temple of Time was originally on the Great Plateau which we can see from the various Tears memories. It's visible there in the Castle and Molduga memories, as well as the final few. So the Plains Bargainer statue matches it, but would not match its original spot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bawk posted:

you can glide down to it from the gerudo highlands tower

Ok, if I can do that, it's good then. I'll have to keep looking because that's been part of my strategy so far and I've got nothing.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If it's just the one by the chasm, you can go straight to it. But I'm pretty sure you mean the one behind the waterfall, in which case you cannot. That one you will have to do the quest.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bawk posted:

If it's just the one by the chasm, you can go straight to it. But I'm pretty sure you mean the one behind the waterfall, in which case you cannot. That one you will have to do the quest.

Yeah, it's the latter one, so I guess the bit I looked up was correct. It sounds like fun stuff I would've done anyway if I'd run into it earlier, just aggravating when I was ready to wrap things up. But there's no way I can get to 151 out of 152 shrines and just leave it there :suicide:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I was reading the Imp Zone thread and just now found out that there's side quests for pictures at the stables. :psyduck:

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

bawk posted:

I was reading the Imp Zone thread and just now found out that there's side quests for pictures at the stables. :psyduck:

Yep. I have them on my side quests for if I really want to do something different but I’m terrible with scenery quests. They were hard for me on botw and that painter guy.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Zelda Shrine Maker would rule.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The shrine where you have to drive through a track mania course is awesome and there should be dozens more like it.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
as an amateur photographer, i love taking the objectively worst picture I can for each stable.

Anyone have a tip on getting the Spectacle Rock one? I tried photographing it from a glider but I think I was in the wrong spot because the glider was always in the way.

And the rocket hover tile didn't help much either because I think I might have been on the wrong side?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

The shrine where you have to drive through a track mania course is awesome and there should be dozens more like it.

Lol, I finally got that one the other day, and yes. I love the ones that are just like "here's a dumb idea someone had that turned out to be fun enough to keep in the game".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

as an amateur photographer, i love taking the objectively worst picture I can for each stable.

Anyone have a tip on getting the Spectacle Rock one? I tried photographing it from a glider but I think I was in the wrong spot because the glider was always in the way.

And the rocket hover tile didn't help much either because I think I might have been on the wrong side?

Think like a bird, not a Hylian with a glider

Actual spoiler if it's the picture I'm thinking: try it from the sky island. This one also tripped me up because nobody else in the game acts like the sky islands exist or they can even see them. The entire Zora quest was a bit surreal at the start.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Epic High Five posted:

Think like a bird, not a Hylian with a glider

Actual spoiler if it's the picture I'm thinking: try it from the sky island. This one also tripped me up because nobody else in the game acts like the sky islands exist or they can even see them. The entire Zora quest was a bit surreal at the start.

Hmm, I swear I tried that but couldn't get in a position where the island didn't block me.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

MrQueasy posted:

Hmm, I swear I tried that but couldn't get in a position where the island didn't block me.

Part of it does, intentionally, need to block you. It works a lot like the Zora-scale-arrow puzzle.

You just gotta find the right island.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Icedude posted:

I agree with you on The Depths though, it has so much potential and then turns out to have like five quests, finding the bargainer statues, one-shotting the occasional yiga, mining zonaite, a handful of empty landmarks, and that's about it. I'd have liked it to have had a few more biomes at least, instead of everywhere, even the burning parts under Death Mountain, all being just the one same mushroom forest biome.

This turned out to be a huge wet fart for me as well, I don't really care to explore down there because it's all the same. Also lighting it up all up is misery.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vanadium posted:

"If they're so smart, why don't they live in/right next to the literal long-term nuclear waste Ganon containment facility anymore" a mystery for the ages

This is absolutely a place of honor and needs to be kept in good repair, seriously guys don't let it fall to ruin over a hundred years I'm not kidding

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
After a while the scariest thing about the Depths was turning around and suddenly seeing Mineru there like “aah a robot!”

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bawk posted:

wtf... how do i even start those quests?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

wtf... how do i even start those quests?

Just interact with any of the empty frames. It'll start the quest for that respective stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
There is a period where they're still setting up, probably opens up once you finish a phenomenon or two or find several stables. Also, if you happen to dislike the delay between checking the frame and the counterman talking about it, you can hand the completed photo in at the counter.