Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
I like my twisting blades death trap rogue for the speed and fast pace, but it does kinda feel button mashy and bad. I'm starting to itch for a build that's a bit more technical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

zoux posted:

It is absolutely insane that hold X is the function to unspec a single point, and tapping it is the full respec

How was levelling

I leveled with a werewolf + companions build that I more or less threw together before switching to pulverize and it felt fine to level. Was a good balance between AOE damage for crowds and single target for bosses.

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

Can I get an invite accepted for ABEL? Heerui in game.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Murdered my way to the pvp mount armor and banner to complete the ensemble:

My barbarian on the other hand runs around as naked as possible and is named Zangief.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't mind some pvp but allowing 4 man gank squads all with the immunity bubble to just roam around is not fun at all.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

BULBASAUR posted:

also omg the game is so much better zoomed out

you had me frantically looking for a new more zoomed out camera option

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bamhand posted:

I don't mind some pvp but allowing 4 man gank squads all with the immunity bubble to just roam around is not fun at all.

I can only think of one ARPG that did PVP right; Nox. I don't know why companies won't just copy it, I guess they don't like fun.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Books On Tape posted:

Anyone else leveling as ice shards sorc?

I’m level 42 and using the maxroll guide. It says that by now I should not be having any mana problems with ice shards considering the build and recommended aspects, all of which I have, but longer battles still consist of me dumping my cool downs and then running around waiting for mana/cool downs.

Same (though build might differ a bit), and around the same level as well. I definitely have to wait for mana to recharge. I'm missing a couple aspects that would help with this, but I can't see them making *that* big of a difference.

Still enjoying it mainly because of how ridiculous it is against groups. It basically scales exponentially with the size of a group of mobs, and the largest groups get instantly deleted by a Frost Nova.

Against bosses I just use my Ice Shards until hitting ~50 mana (because of that one passive) and then need to wait for it to regen (making use of my Frost Armor to help).

One thing that confuses me a bit is that I have a number of things related to Vulnerable enemies (including one that I think Regensburg mana), but I think my only source of Vulnerable is Frost Nova.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

negativeneil posted:

I like my twisting blades death trap rogue for the speed and fast pace, but it does kinda feel button mashy and bad. I'm starting to itch for a build that's a bit more technical.

I'd settle for a build that's more than unload resource/cooldowns -> run around doing nothing -> repeat

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

"Trust me, those blood petals are all out of my system. I am totally a Good adventurer."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SettingSun posted:

Hell yeah just took out the Butcher by breaking his ai by putting a shrine between me and him. Just took a single swing at me every couple seconds.

I broke him by dragging him to an opened chest from a shrine event and for some reason he attacked the open chest while I slowly killed him lol

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
iirc the devs straight up said that pvp is intentionally unbalanced for single players and being a cutthroat experience lines right up with how it was in d2 too

I've farmed out maybe 30000 blood sharts or whatever over a handful of entries and am 1-1 on kills-deaths so far. It's not too popular and if there's a roaming death squad I just go somewhere else.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

diablo four

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

bamhand posted:

Good. the idea of rpg PvP combat isn't to be fun

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Actually it was pretty fun when I was minding my own business flagging myself to open one of those bloodsworn only chests and some dude tried to gank me and got corpse exploded back to kyovashed

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I tried PvP a bit. Got a couple kills and then got bored trying to find people, then somebody got lucky with an ult once I finally tracked them down. There's not a lot you can do if people just run from you, even if you have a curse that slows them. You also don't earn anything for killing people besides the shards they drop unless you make it to 10 kills afaict.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

It's Diablo Iv, dummy

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wrapping up act 1: Lilith did nothing wrong

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So I know everything in the game scales with you but are there general recommended levels for regions/dungeons/Acts? I just finished Act 1 at lvl 32 and while I did a fair amount of sidequesting and dungeons it feels like high level to be just finishing the first Act.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

bio347 posted:

Is the cooldown on Unstable Currents not a huge drag while leveling? Even Inferno's much shorter one seems a bit much at times. And how do you deal with bosses? I had Arc Lash in my build for a while, but getting close to bosses and the occasional elite was mostly just suicide so I switched it out for Spark.

unstable currents is really an optional fun button

i can completely forego its use and wreck everything, but why not press the button for the dopamine hit

here's how a big pack usually goes, and without UC it would have taken a few extra seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFxWa7jJ8C4

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So I know everything in the game scales with you but are there general recommended levels for regions/dungeons/Acts? I just finished Act 1 at lvl 32 and while I did a fair amount of sidequesting and dungeons it feels like high level to be just finishing the first Act.

The campaign maxes out at level 50, but there’s nothing wrong with your approach. If you do everything in each region before moving on with the story then it might feel odd. It’s a strange design compared to prior games, or really just RPGs in general.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mr. Funktastic posted:

No, it doesn't really matter where you go. If you want the horse earlier you can beeline the story quests and save the side quests and dungeons for when you're done. Those will scale with you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What does it mean when the aspect description in the item tooltip is in gray?

Edit: Oh it means the effect is disabled because you have it on multiple items

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Timbs posted:

What does it mean when the aspect description in the item tooltip is in gray?

You have another Legendary with the same aspect, they don't stack.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Anyone found the Breast Pumps yet? Guide isn't really helping much.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nephrite posted:

You have another Legendary with the same aspect, they don't stack.

That's hosed up, let me have 20 skeleton mages

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

That's hosed up, let me have 20 skeleton mages

Correct opinion. This was the best in Diablo II. You can have a max of 12 here, but I would argue that is not good enough.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Small PSA concerning an act 5 quest, so as to hopefully spare anyone else getting blindsided by it: when you pick up a certain vial of quicksilver, do not fast-travel to where you need to take it, but go there on foot/by horse. If you do teleport there, the quest item will drop out of your inventory and you'll need to head back to where you found it all over again.

I have no earthly idea why this happens. :shrug:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rip level 41 rogue, dead before she could finish act 1

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Problem authenticating account

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

I had no intention of playing this after launch but now I'm theory crafting what to start season 1 with. I hope we get info soon and it includes sole cool uniques etc, I'm so very optimistic now.

Steamdeck users, how's the battery life/performance?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

I said come in! posted:

The campaign maxes out at level 50, but there’s nothing wrong with your approach. If you do everything in each region before moving on with the story then it might feel odd. It’s a strange design compared to prior games, or really just RPGs in general.

It doesn't max out at level 50. I'm halfway through act V and I'm level 51.

MMAgCh posted:

Small PSA concerning an act 5 quest, so as to hopefully spare anyone else getting blindsided by it: when you pick up a certain vial of quicksilver, do not fast-travel to where you need to take it, but go there on foot/by horse. If you do teleport there, the quest item will drop out of your inventory and you'll need to head back to where you found it all over again.

This happens for a bunch of quest items and yes it is dumb. There's a warning message when you start casting the portal, but considering that's a very brief window I wouldn't blame anyone for missing it.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 9, 2023

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

WHAT THE gently caress why was the butcher in this random dungeon to tear me to shreds, and why did he miraculously disappear once he hit 75% (thank god he disappeared when he hit 75%)

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Phenotype posted:

WHAT THE gently caress why was the butcher in this random dungeon to tear me to shreds, and why did he miraculously disappear once he hit 75% (thank god he disappeared when he hit 75%)

That's just how he rolls now. I've only met him once and I was entirely unprepared

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
They're trying to one-up GGG's Brutus surprise from a few leagues ago.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

MMAgCh posted:

Just as a sanity check I even walked to the waypoint in question instead of the quest marker while holding the quicksilver and it never dropped off my character. It makes no sense.

This also happened with a different quest item (snake eyes) while entering a cellar in the relevant zone, but luckily it was just on the ground outside the entrance instead of needing to be reacquired.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
For those upthread asking if leveling up makes a difference for the level 70 Capstone dungeon: it absolutely does, at least for Barbarian. tl;dr: if it's too hard at ~60, try again at 68.

I first tried it at 62. Managed to clear to the final boss with a ton of potion usage, but it was doable. Fun, even! Then the final boss wrecked me. Every attack almost deleted my health bar. Most weren't reliably avoidable. Gave it a few genuine attempts, then called it after I saw how slowly their health was dropping.

Reattempted at 68, partly because you get a Priority quest for the dungeon at that level. Originally planned to level to 70, but since it popped and I was handling Tier 18 (level 70) Nightmare Sigil dungeons, I thought, eh, why not.

And indeed, it's markedly different. Only used a few potions on the way to the final boss. Everything died at the expected rate. Final boss was still interesting but not the threat they were before. Their major telegraph is worth dodging (and pretty tight timing tbh), but the other attacks aren't critical to avoid (just good to do if you can).

Didn't make any major gearing or spec changes between the 1st attempt and the successful one. I did switch my weapon sockets from from Topaz to Diamond, and I switched Ults from Call of the Ancients to Iron Maelstrom. Other than that, all my gear was identical. Paragon Points helped, for sure, but the raw level calculation was the big one.

Anyway, looking forward to getting punched in Torment!

isk fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 9, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

zoux posted:

It is absolutely insane that hold X is the function to unspec a single point, and tapping it is the full respec

How was levelling

I had one too many cannabis gummies and lost like 600k gold because of this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

It doesn't max out at level 50. I'm halfway through act V and I'm level 51.

To clarify did it scale up to level 51? That is what I thought it would do is stop scaling at level 50, but i'm wrong about a great many things pretty often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
does it matter if I hit 50 before I beat the story? Do all the side poo poo before beating story/hitting 50?