Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

susan b buffering posted:

there was definitely a very tedious argument recently about at least 12 and maybe tactics being in the same universe as 14 based on the ivalice raid series

That was the second time someone (the same goon?) made that argument.

Anyway, I'm excited for FFXVI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
More footage

https://youtu.be/AFSg0cKzZv0

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Enough

Game

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Clicked on the link and then immediately de-clicked

I shall not watch...!!

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

very good, looks like cbu3 can make real dungeons after all, and with actual gameplay and real combat this time with no dumb bullshit, i knew they had it in them! cannot wait, masterpiece incoming, unquestionable.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

yoship cast death sentence on me, counter already at 17 :f5h::sweatdrop:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

With that music my initial reaction is “that’s just the Vault from FF14 with DMC5 gameplay” which is not a criticism.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Some streamers are saying they're doing sponsored streams for FF16 on Monday so demo will probably drop before then

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Man, I wanna play the demo but I also kinda want to wait until release day and just dive in blind. Conflicted.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If it's just the first 4 hours it'll likely be 90% cutscenes and tutorials

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

imma go in blind

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The demo is the start of the game and you can carry over the save, so it's more like getting a free appetizer before you start the main course :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terper posted:

The demo is the start of the game and you can carry over the save, so it's more like getting a free appetizer before you start the main course :)

Is that true? That is gonna be a weird demo then but I suppose that makes sense

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yeah, i know, i'll still prolly wait unless there's some compelling thematic reason to play the first hour and then have to wait another week

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Terper posted:

Clicked on the link and then immediately de-clicked

I shall not watch...!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Is that true? That is gonna be a weird demo then but I suppose that makes sense

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. Well, I suspect I know where it'd end then but that'll be a relatively meaty demo

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Apparently some people suspect the demo might come tomorrow, but I'm still guessing this weekend.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah there's three main dates people have latched onto:

the 8th, since it'll be appearing on Summer Game Fest some 13-14 hours from now, and that's a big event that will be watched by a lot of people

The 11th, since that's when SE will be having a pre-launch celebration stream in Los Angeles

The 12th, since that's when streamers have been asked to do sponsored streams of the demo

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Its gonna be the 11th, the streamer thing makes me believe it. They are trying to sell the game to people who wouldnt normally buy it or are on the fence due to recent past games, hence the streamer stuff

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 8, 2023

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

This is a soulless grimdark FF and I'm cancelling my pre-order.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tekne posted:

Both of these characters will be traumatized. It is the contrast that makes it truly Grimdark.

In fact, we've already seen the dog be abused by Benedikta in promotional material.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ytlaya posted:

Both of these characters will be traumatized. It is the contrast that makes it truly Grimdark.

In fact, we've already seen the dog be abused by Benedikta in promotional material.

tbf the dog abuses the hell out of benedikta in return

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The dog better live. :mad:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Arist posted:

tbf the dog abuses the hell out of benedikta in return

Perhaps this game will focus on cycles of abuse. That is the true hidden message of the preview content - the scene where Torgal and Benedikta abuse each other. Clive must break the chain and get them to be friends.

The game marketing makes you think it will be gritty and dark, but in reality Clive and Torgal will become friends with all the Dominants. They will even become friends with that one genocidal priest guy. At the the end of the game, they will all be playing fetch with Torgal.

Imagining the big Titan guy holding up Torgal like he's a pup, a big smile on his face.

edit: That gif of Jill and puppy Torgal, but it's Titan guy and grown-up Torgal

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jun 8, 2023

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

It culminates with Titan cheerfully holding the secret Eikon form of Torgal, Fenrir. The last scene is Lord of Crags waving the divine canine's paw at the player as the screen fades to black.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Dreamboum/status/1666930742172033033

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

really enjoyed a lot of the music i've heard so far but this is a bit heavy on bombast, it's just noise after a while

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I hope that the game itself gives itself "time to breath" and isn't just constantly trying to be a spectacle for the player.

Soken definitely has some patterns to the way he does this kind of music; there are multiple parts where I feel like the track could suddenly transition into an FF14 track. That's probably part of what lends it well to be used in different forms through the game, though. He's good at creating these memorable "core melodies."

Edit: Spotify says I need premium to listen to it, so I only got the part in the tweet :(

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 9, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tekne posted:

We are getting so close.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

^^^ I hope that the game itself gives itself "time to breath" and isn't just constantly trying to be a spectacle for the player.

Soken definitely has some patterns to the way he does this kind of music; there are multiple parts where I feel like the track could suddenly transition into an FF14 track. That's probably part of what lends it well to be used in different forms through the game, though. He's good at creating these memorable "core melodies."

Edit: Spotify says I need premium to listen to it, so I only got the part in the tweet :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeqyEzK87z4

Try this, it's the youtube music upload.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ibblebibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeqyEzK87z4

Try this, it's the youtube music upload.

Video not available

e: spotify track also down

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 9, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-ENcur_14

Here's another one that is up for the moment.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Mordiceius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1-ENcur_14

Here's another one that is up for the moment.

Oof the quality makes this hard to listen to

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, seems like I didn't miss much sense it just repeats (for the most part).

I kind of agree with what the other poster said, though I'd describe it as being a bit too "busy."

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Video not available

e: spotify track also down

Might be a time zone thing, I'm in Asia so I'm ahead of most Americans/Europeans.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I dunno why that guy calls it the main theme when there has been no information released about it, and the only interview with Soken about the main theme is that there is not really any one track he considers the main theme.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm still waiting for a Final Fantasy where every story battle, including the final boss, has an optional alternate route of being settled through a game of Triple Triad (or whatever cool new minigame the devs invented); when I heard you could challenge everyone in FF8 to Triple Triad this is what I was expecting, and I ended up very disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

really enjoyed a lot of the music i've heard so far but this is a bit heavy on bombast, it's just noise after a while

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, seems like I didn't miss much sense it just repeats (for the most part).

I kind of agree with what the other poster said, though I'd describe it as being a bit too "busy."

its a really lovely heavily compressed upload