Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

cloud: "im just so tired of all these finals fantasies"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Actually much like myself Cloud loves final fantasies.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
"Get ready for Cloud Strife's Last Story!"

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

cloud squall's lightning round ft. light of the night sky and clive

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the final game in the cloud reunion trilogy, experience the climactic chapter of cloud's origin story, survive the harrowing journey and become Wheelchair Amnesiac

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Shiroc posted:

Second game introduces a new girl who doesn't quite fit the dynamic and disrupts the flow in interesting ways, then in the third game she ends up being the one to finally help Cloud break these cycles of final fantasies.

As the dulcet tones of none other than UTADA HIKARU AND GACKT'S FIRST COLLABORATION TOGETHER echo down the train station

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally posted:

my guess: this next game will be the entire remaining content of OG FF7... all of it.

The third game is going to be entirely new content and will be batshit insane in ways we cannot comprehend

Rebirth is just all of what's left of FF7. Part 3 is playable Advent Children.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Part 3 is an alternate timeline where Advent Children never happened

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

First disk is Final Fantasy Rebirth. Second disk is Zack his party of Johnny, Jules, Leslie, Roche and Kyrie.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 9, 2023

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I wanna know what makes Tifa actually mention that as far she knows Cloud was never there, in the original she held onto to that card until Sephy forced the issue

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Caidin posted:

I wanna know what makes Tifa actually mention that as far she knows Cloud was never there, in the original she held onto to that card until Sephy forced the issue

Yeah, I think the original Kalm scene she's like "..." while Cloud tells his story, and then says something about how maybe her wounds caused her to black out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Caidin posted:

She's spent additional time becoming besties with Aerith and now trusts her enough to open up to her about her worries of either herself or cloud being potentially insane.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
I'd rather have her more proactively question Cloud's narrative compared to the original FF7 anyhow.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
At the announcement trailer last year you had this exchange

Cloud: "When I saw you lying there, I figured it was too late."

Tifa: "Wait, what are you implying? That I died? That I'm some kind of imposter?"

So maybe both of them are gonna get mindfucked. Maybe Cloud actually was a Soldier First Class. Maybe it's time to lose our loving minds and drink paint

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

"What parts of Nibleheim were real or not" is a big part of the original game and I just kinda get the feeling the game's just leaning more heavily into that (which is real cool because Cloud's identity and memory issues and everything stemming from that are the best parts of FF7) which isn't really a departure from the og at all imo.

Because 7R spent more time developing the characters than original Midgar you get a lot more foreshadowing of Cloud's deal so I think Rebirth trying to add some doubt to Tifa's side of the story is good way to keep the mystery going for new players despite them having more context and insight into Cloud than in the original game and it also can confuse things and add some intrigue for us returning players. Its a change that I think is really in keeping with the ideas and themes of the original game and I think its a super smart move.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Johnny's on the Chocobo race track in the Golden Saucer and he's faster than everyone on foot.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Caidin posted:

At the announcement trailer last year you had this exchange

Cloud: "When I saw you lying there, I figured it was too late."

Tifa: "Wait, what are you implying? That I died? That I'm some kind of imposter?"

So maybe both of them are gonna get mindfucked. Maybe Cloud actually was a Soldier First Class. Maybe it's time to lose our loving minds and drink paint

If the plot ghosts really are dead and canon has ceased to exist then maybe we have multiple mutually exclusive plot beats/timelines starting to merge! C'mon SE let's get wierd

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:rock:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The original game came on 3 discs

Rookie numbers, clearly. Gotta triple that, minimum.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Between parts 1 and 2, we're already at 4 discs for the whole remake. Surely we'll hit at minimum 6 discs total with part 3.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Gnome de plume posted:

The original game came on 3 discs

Rookie numbers, clearly. Gotta triple that, minimum.

Wasn't the entire game present on each disc, and they only needed 3 to fit all the FMVs?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Wasn't the entire game present on each disc, and they only needed 3 to fit all the FMVs?

Makes it even cooler imo

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm feeling like I really will want to play the original before this one comes out.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need to resume Intergrade sometime soon.

I am impressed that the Remake/Rebirth team not only understands what made the original good, but doubles down on it with its own bits of intrigue.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 9, 2023

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

They'll only truly show they understand what made the original good if we get a dolphin bounce minigame to get into Junon and then a parade marching minigame.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Oh my god. If they do a Nier and it’s the game twice from different perspectives, it’s the greatest game ever made.

It's going to be like that one Monty Python album with the random alternate tracks, every playthrough will have entirely different stories.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I really want Jessie to be the main character, y'all

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Maximilian Dood speculates that Rebirth covers all events up to the summoning of Meteor, and that ReThree starts with the execution.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Maximilian Dood speculates that Rebirth covers all events up to the summoning of Meteor, and that ReThree starts with the execution.

I've heard that theory, and it definitely makes a lot of sense. The whole execution sequence could work really well as the first 1-2 hours of the game and then you've got the Normandy Highwind and the real game starts.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mainwaring posted:

I've heard that theory, and it definitely makes a lot of sense. The whole execution sequence could work really well as the first 1-2 hours of the game and then you've got the Normandy Highwind and the real game starts.

Yeah, getting the band back together after Meteor's been in the sky for a bit, forming a rescue for Tifa, followed by submarines, rockets, kaiju battles, North Coral, Mideel, lifestream, perhaps Wutai, etc

I don't think they'll have any shortage of content.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
How does Cait Sith fight anyway? The only thing he does in the original is throw dice.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Clarste posted:

How does Cait Sith fight anyway? The only thing he does in the original is throw dice.

Hell fight like Asuka R. Kreuz from Guilty Gear

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
ah poo poo...that trailer was good. i'm back in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

I am genuinely betting on 'The Moogle and Cait Sith function sepatately. You control Cait and use abilities to command the Moogle while all magic spells come fron Cait"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cat bit now has a cane and recites bad poetry

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So obviously the full scene will probably have a bit more pre amble to it in the game than just the tiny bit we saw but I feel like it'll be weird if the party just let the Turks do their intro of their new member without trying to interrupt them or fight. Like they should all be shoot/punch on sight for Barret, Aerith and Tifa at the very least cause of all the mass murder they very much helped carry out.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
Looking forward to half a year of amusing theories by the "they won't change anything" crowd, who think all the Zack stuff is a pre-mortem hallucination and that the Arbiters of Fate at the end of the game were simply testing if the party was ready to play out the plot exactly as in 1997.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

So obviously the full scene will probably have a bit more pre amble to it in the game than just the tiny bit we saw but I feel like it'll be weird if the party just let the Turks do their intro of their new member without trying to interrupt them or fight. Like they should all be shoot/punch on sight for Barret, Aerith and Tifa at the very least cause of all the mass murder they very much helped carry out.

They did in the original where the Turks killed way more people because there was no evacuation

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

They did in the original where the Turks killed way more people because there was no evacuation

Ah, to be fair it's been 20+ years since I played the original so my memories are quite shaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're just such charming scamps