Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hate nuts, worthless and deceptive food. Of course the pecan and walnut have tons of great uses in pastries and other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Deez nuts, imo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:haibrow:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Married 16 years today. Getting ready to board a plane for AZ for 6 days. Top Golf is on the agenda (we've never done it).

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
If I don't take this last chance at wrecking the planet, someone else will and I can't live with that.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1667228016911564800?s=46

sounds bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I’m a cashew man m’self

Here’s a guy who gets it

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Even when he’s speaking he’s an elite poster

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not Trump but also lol

https://twitter.com/MilkRoadDaily/status/1667213136900833292?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Debating if I want to just sleep on my Atlanta trip East or spend :10bux: for Wi-Fi so that I can shitpost with you dorks.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I have to imagine they'll be losing the naming rights to the former Staples Center pretty soon just due to inability to make payments.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Debating if I want to just sleep on my Atlanta trip East or spend :10bux: for Wi-Fi so that I can shitpost with you dorks.

Search your heart, you know the answer.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

:justpost:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

What are you coming to Atlanta for?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1667239775642722319?s=46

now this is comedy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

My wife's 40th birthday tomorrow. Tonight we drop off the kid at grandma's and go out for a nice dinner. Tomorrow is a birthday party at our house, so a little bit of cleaning and hopefully relaxing before the party. Then Monday night we leave on a road trip to Raleigh for my niece's high school graduation. 13 hours in the car, so hopefully I don't drive it off a mountain somewhere in WV.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:jpmf:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've posted at length about the almond and pistachio water use thing in California. One of the reasons they use so much water is the trees have to grow a few years before they make fruit, so all the water to saplings has to be factored in; and then farmers remove the trees at a certain age when their productivity begins to decline, which increases the water per nut ratio because their concern is maximum production, not maximum water efficiency.

It's not a direct comparison to municipal (treated) water usage, and the golf courses that use treated water instead of greywater are the worst, but golf courses in general are wasteful in part because they must keep a lot of grass extremely green and also extremely short cropped, and that's again like the worst case scenario for water efficiency.

California's water rights are a massive mess, and even though the entire agricultural sector is only about 3% of California's economy, it's hugely important politically and so despite a decade of solid democratic supermajorities, the political will to make serious, sweeping changes to water usage by ag in the state just isn't there. There have been some small victories but far too slow. This year we finally got enough rain to officially not be in drought, so that means nothing whatsoever will be done for at least two more years.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I get that the status quo is costly, but what even is California without the fruits and nuts? :dadjoke::hf::clint:

General Dog fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 9, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Married 16 years today. Getting ready to board a plane for AZ for 6 days. Top Golf is on the agenda (we've never done it).

Happy anniversary!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

I get that the status quo is costly, but what even is California without the fruits and nuts? :dadjoke:

Florida (a bunch of raisins)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

General Dog posted:

I get that the status quo is costly, but what even is California without the fruits and nuts? :dadjoke::hf::clint:

boooo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Personally I get my best classified nuclear secrets reading done on the shitter too

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Robert Hanssen's cell at ADX opened up last week

Just sayin

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

dirty shrimp money posted:

Robert Hanssen's cell at ADX opened up last week

Just sayin

Our news talk FM station, which is of course conservative but usually a less-stupid flavor of conservative so at least sporadically listenable, had their morning people going off about MURDERED? when they heard about Hanssen, so like a chump I called and got to tell them on-air that he was 79 years old, spent 23 hours a day in a 7x12 foot cell for the last two decades, had any information of value interrogated out of him long ago, and initial news reports even quoted Bureau of Prison sources calling it natural causes, so maybe he could at least pretend to be a normally intelligent adult while on air.

The response was some flavor of "I'm just sayin", so I asked him if he was this suspicious about official deaths in custody of people didn't pass the paper bag test, and got hung up on lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In case someone from this forum isn’t in the cspam trump thread right now

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Explain this to me because I do not get it. The backstory is that SB and I need a new toilet seat. He sent me the link the Amazon listing of the one he wants.

Extended stays? Bitch how long do you plan to be there? How long has that guy been there? Is this a hotel? Do you plan to move in?

EXCUSE ME? An HOUR? You’re a father and you get to spend an entire 60 loving minutes on the toilet alone? Are you joking? Why do you need a full hour? Sir, let me talk to your wife and see what she thinks about all this. I bet she wishes that seat were far less comfy.

Anyway, I know y’all are in there playing on your phones and I get that but if your legs are falling asleep it’s time to pinch it off and get up. I can’t imagine sitting there that long. Get in, get the job done, and get out. drat.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Think of it like commuting to work. You want a car that offers comfort and good mileage, much like a proper toilet seat.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
She posted that from the toilet.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

She posted that from the toilet.

I DID NOT.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I started taking Metamucil a few months ago and it changed my life.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Think of it like commuting to work. You want a car that offers comfort and good mileage, much like a proper toilet seat.

I understand commuting because one must get from point A to point B, but I don’t think this is the same. And if you do need to sit there that long then a) it wasn’t ready, come back later, or b) something in your diet is off and you should fix that because this is a Symptom.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Sometimes you gotta wait for the last straggler in the platoon to make his way back to the company

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
You realize men aren't literally making GBS threads for an hour, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I never understood sitting on the toilet for a long time.

I like to get in and out and get on with my life.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Sometimes you gotta wait for the last straggler in the platoon to make his way back to the company

There’s a “leave no man behind” joke for this somewhere but I’m too dumb to find it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ehud posted:

I never understood sitting on the toilet for a long time.

I like to get in and out and get on with my life.

just like sex

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

I understand commuting because one must get from point A to point B, but I don’t think this is the same. And if you do need to sit there that long then a) it wasn’t ready, come back later, or b) something in your diet is off and you should fix that because this is a Symptom.

You are fortunate I guess not to have to deal with Symptoms but for some folks, those Symptoms are addressed with medication, dietary restrictions, and, occasionally, an hour on the throne.

Like the ad mentions the dude has GI problems - that could for example be chron's disease, celiac disease, IBS, or even a person who had part of their intestinal tract removed due to cancer, a wound or accident, etc.

Personally I don't think outside of food poisoning or severe flu I've been stuck for more than 30m, but my wife has, she's missing a third of her colon after an illeal intussusception caused by a mucosal tumor and there's basically nothing she can do to prevent occasional nasty episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Intruder posted:

just like sex

that’s right