Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Traveling across Sanctuary, Chapter 1: How I Wish My Horse Could Jump So I Could Clear Barricades Without Getting Off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

turns out i was not ready for t3 capstone @ 59

damage is fine but i'm getting squished

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

zoux posted:

Typical D3 experience

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

rap music posted:

Keep in mind raw level difference is a big factor in damage (in both directions). With the same gear, skills, etc. and unspent paragon points you'll do way better each level closer to 70 you get.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

also, 30 minutes until our dialy 5pm server meltdown :toot:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

coelomate posted:

Keep in mind raw level difference is a big factor in damage (in both directions). With the same gear, skills, etc. and unspent paragon points you'll do way better each level closer to 70 you get.

good to know

and i don't know if this is correlated to level or if it's a string of bad rolls but i'm seeing far more damage resist and extra health mob types

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Hardcore story time
Step 1: Hit WT3
Step 2: Experiment with respecs now that enemies matter
Step 3: Join some higher level folks in a chill Discord
Step 4: Forget to play cautiously

Thankfully, one of them was streaming
https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyFamousSquidHumbleLife-EZcmKY01lT6uDyCU

The folks are real chill, they boosted me in the last 20 minutes to WT3 and lvl 11. Edit: lvl 13 lol

Goodbye BugbearHair, hello MamaBugbear

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 9, 2023

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Mekchu posted:

lmao at this excuse

After years of the thick, beige molasses of American cultural imperialism Australia is striking back with our cartoon dog families and, our culturally un-gendered by context gendered insults which doubles and a friendly greetings and loving terms of endearment!

Eat my word salad you Cathedral Gobshites!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How viable is a rend barbarian for endgame? Thinking about leveling my barbarian with that build instead of HoTA

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kripp put out a pretty good video about where Diablo IV is at so far a week into release, and some of the cracks that are starting to show as more people get deeper into end game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVfq6PBagJE

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Astryl posted:

So the Prime & Lesser evils (Diablo, Baal, Mephisto, Duriel, Andariel, Belia, and Aszmodan) are basically immortal and can always be brought back with enough time, rituals, magic, etc. They *can* be banished to the "black abyss" which can make it infinitely harder for them to be brought back (this is where Lilith was banish to by Inarius a thousand years before D4).

Angels, and specifically Arch-Angels are one of the same "essence" so to speak, Inarius will be brought back as a new persona with the same aspect (Valor, Hope, Wisdom, etc), but will no longer be "Inarius". HOWEVER, this is dependent on the ability of the Crystal Arch in heaven to still be able to ring out upon an archangels death. (We don't know if it can, because it was cracked by Diablo in D3 (which was the entire purpose of his plan)).

So could we get a new arch angel? Yes. However it's entirely possible that the only known archangels left in existence are: Imperius, Itherael, and Auriel. Which would match the "three" symbology that constitutes the Primes.

Lilith and lesser demons we don't know if their death is permanent of if they have some other means of resurrection. The reason the great evils are immortal is because they are all part of the seven heads of Tathamet.)

Inarius is not an arch angel. He was just a powerful normal Angel that served under Tyreal. By the lore of the setting a new Angel will come out of the Arch to replace him. Lorath says that Lilith dying means she will come back eventually, which is why he was planning on using the Soulstone to get her trapped for the foreseeable future. A think most greater Demons can respawn with time.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Welp, finally got to A3. My sorc is maybe 42 or 43 now? Changed to summer clothing.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The problem really isn't with respeccing skill points, those are cheap and easy... And you can spend a long time waiting for the right aspects to drop before your alt build is really "ready."

I've been playing all day yesterday and today, don't know how many drops I've found with the Aspect that makes Shred attack the length of its Dash or whatever, and zero goddamn Storm chaser Aspects :argh:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sardikar posted:

After years of the thick, beige molasses of American cultural imperialism Australia is striking back with our cartoon dog families and, our culturally un-gendered by context gendered insults which doubles and a friendly greetings and loving terms of endearment!

Eat my word salad you Cathedral Gobshites!

g'day oval office

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

I said come in! posted:

Kripp put out a pretty good video about where Diablo IV is at so far a week into release, and some of the cracks that are starting to show as more people get deeper into end game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVfq6PBagJE

Could I trouble someone for Cliffs notes on this?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

So getting a Lilith Statue in a certain area in Act III has a bunch of elites spawn on you in a safe area. So they can't attack you and you can't attack them.

How bizarre. They do be chillin' tho.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

MonsterEnvy posted:

Inarius is not an arch angel. He was just a powerful normal Angel that served under Tyreal. By the lore of the setting a new Angel will come out of the Arch to replace him. Lorath says that Lilith dying means she will come back eventually, which is why he was planning on using the Soulstone to get her trapped for the foreseeable future. A think most greater Demons can respawn with time.

Good catch, this is correct but still dependent on the arch functioning as intended.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

isk posted:

Simply don't watch it and continue to enjoy playing the game. :c00l:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Got both of my collectors editions today. They're p nice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Kaldaris posted:

So getting a Lilith Statue in a certain area in Act III has a bunch of elites spawn on you in a safe area. So they can't attack you and you can't attack them.

How bizarre. They do be chillin' tho.

Yeah someone else posted a picture of this upthread somewhere, I ran into this too at the same spot except it was all humanlike enemies creepily standing on the edge looking across and it was genuinely unsettling until I realized what was going on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

isk posted:

Level scaling, and defense stats need a lot of work still. Level scaling is a big time problem until level 95, because ironically that is when the level scaling stops. Leveling is ultra slow, many of the methods that people used to get to level 100 in the first week, have been hotfixed out; this is primarily a concern for season play. Game is still very enjoyable, but it has some areas where it could be made better.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

American McGay posted:

Simply don't watch it and continue to enjoy playing the game. :c00l:

this is the best advice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not possible to get to level 100 in 3 days anymore? Game sux.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

isk posted:

TLDR - they math behind elemental resistances is either improperly implemented or bugged and is virtually worthless. Any other defensive stat is better.

e; oh differnt video. I'm not watching this whole one :v:

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 9, 2023

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Oh no I can't get to level 100 within a week by grinding the same dungeon entrance repeatedly

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol weird, Blizzard wants it to take longer than 3 days to complete their seasonal content.

Edit: I did not watch the video

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

acumen posted:

Oh no I can't get to level 100 within a week by grinding the same dungeon entrance repeatedly

That's not the issue.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

isk posted:

resistance affixes have about 1/100th the magnitude of effect you'd think that they should have. you could increase their magnitude 10x and they'd still be the weakest affix in the game. presumably they're broken/something isn't working right.

tldr: 55 res gets you like 2% more of a specific elemental damage reduction

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Well I reimprinted my edgemasters. With the ubiquity of that aspect you’d think there would be something in the game to indicate it’s disabled

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Are they called arch angels because they come out of an arch

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Does ilvl even go up after ancestral gear at 725? Like can I get an ancestral shako at ilvl725 at level 71 and then find an ilvl800 shako at level 95?

If the gearing doesn't change after you start wt4 and the only thing you're doing is increasing stats by level without anything interesting happening seems like a lot of teeth gnashing. At least in D3 you needed to be 60 before you even could access the best sets and legendaries, D4 seems more like D2 where the grind past 70-80 is just a pointless climb for the poop sockers

acumen fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 9, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rap music posted:

same, but 48

I just finished the campaign though, what’s the best use of my time now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Let my minions pet the cat

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hauki posted:

same, but 48

I just finished the campaign though, what’s the best use of my time now?

Get your renown all the way up to get the rewards (skill points, paragon points, etc.), start building out your gear and mats by completing tree of whispers stuff, seek out any dungeons you need to complete for aspects you want to try.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Not even a 70 necro whose Blood Surge completely disregards the base 3% chance and instead overpowers like every 4th hit to deal ~1000% of its damage.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
renown is definitely going to be my least favorite part of every season but at least in future seasons I'll be able to start in adventure mode and hit the sidequests from the beginning.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I have a feeling that the current high level XP rates are tuned in accordance to the fact that in a month from now, and then permanently onward, there will be progression accelerators baked into the season pass.

I am very curious to see what exactly they have planned for Season 1 content. I would love to hope that they would be smart enough to start with a strong first season that adds something spicy to the endgame or build variety, capitalizing on the game's already strong launch and word of mouth, but I am expecting them to be pretty conservative considering they just had to ship the game in the first place and it will take time for their live team to get up to running speed.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 9, 2023

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Sab669 posted:

I've been playing all day yesterday and today, don't know how many drops I've found with the Aspect that makes Shred attack the length of its Dash or whatever, and zero goddamn Storm chaser Aspects :argh:

My first 30 or so aspects all seemed to be pretty unique, with only a few duplicates. With the last two days, I've found the same 4 lovely useless ones at least two dozen times.

Probably confirmation bias but it feels like they changed the rarity or something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scoss posted:

I have a feeling that the current high level XP rates are tuned in accordance to the fact that in a month from now, and then permanently onward, there will be progression accelerators baked into the season pass.

Yeah it is hopefully this. I understanding wanting to curb tail players getting to 100 in three days, because that is bad, no one is questioning that. But the current normal play method is about 100 - 150 hours of grinding. That doesn't really line up with the kind of ARPG that Diablo IV is trying to be.

Game is good, continuing to play non-stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The lack of a completed quest log is a real bummer lol, figuring what I still have left to do is so annoying!!