Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Agent355 posted:

I'm running kinetic cannons and they seem to do okay. I'm sitting probably 75% of the way through zone 53A, but the scaling means even pushing forward a bit mean suddenly going from surviving easily to dead in a salvo or two, so I'm expecting the biggest difference is going to be getting a few more damage multipliers from crew or w/e.

what's your shield setup like? double deflectors and bulk will probably carry you through the rest of the content at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Agent355 posted:

I'm running kinetic cannons and they seem to do okay. I'm sitting probably 75% of the way through zone 53A, but the scaling means even pushing forward a bit mean suddenly going from surviving easily to dead in a salvo or two, so I'm expecting the biggest difference is going to be getting a few more damage multipliers from crew or w/e.

IIRC that's when you start facing phasing enemies? At that point I started running 2x bomb, 4x disruptor.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Thanks but the original question is about challenges. Since it's hard to gauge whether I can do challenges without just trying them. I'm not having problems with the actual weapons I'm using, they're efficiently clearing waves, I just need more raw numbers.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

Agent355 posted:

Thanks but the original question is about challenges. Since it's hard to gauge whether I can do challenges without just trying them. I'm not having problems with the actual weapons I'm using, they're efficiently clearing waves, I just need more raw numbers.

I'm about half a zone behind you and sat at 7/4/4/3

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Cool thanks, I should try to get those then.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
I think the thing I dislike the most about Ironwood is that I can spend 24+ hrs in one outskirts location and only get maybe 2 attempts an hour at a drop for the blueprints that I need to be able to build things for the house. At almost level 50 mining now, and the Smelter won't show up, but I'm just sitting there on Silver still and not failing at it. Same goes for finding the dungeon maps now. I spent a full 24+ hrs training one handed in the level 25 monster, and nothing. So I can't go in the dungeon anymore with the change, and it just feels like there's something off with the drop rate.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm wondering about what order to get crew mastery upgrades in USI. When I first started I assumed I'd beeline for max crew +1, but eventually I realized that wouldn't actually help me accrue more mastery so it's kind of a trap option. I went with acumen+ first since the acumen upgrade track includes a global XP bonus, but I'm unsure what other E/P/I+ to get, or even if I should get +3 starting sleeves.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Pigbuster posted:

I'm wondering about what order to get crew mastery upgrades in USI. When I first started I assumed I'd beeline for max crew +1, but eventually I realized that wouldn't actually help me accrue more mastery so it's kind of a trap option. I went with acumen+ first since the acumen upgrade track includes a global XP bonus, but I'm unsure what other E/P/I+ to get, or even if I should get +3 starting sleeves.

+3 starting sleeves helps a ton. As for the E/P/I order, take whichever one will help you get your next mastery point.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So, since I'd like to get some more AI points, anybody know how to get all those secret achievements in USI?

The only one I figured out was entering the code 'secret' for the leftmost one.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

Agent355 posted:

So, since I'd like to get some more AI points, anybody know how to get all those secret achievements in USI?

The only one I figured out was entering the code 'secret' for the leftmost one.

Messed up the setup: Prestige and then prestige again quickly
Who would try to cheat...Not sure about this one, maybe related to prestiging into a basic ship and then jumping ahead into a base instead of starting from zone 1?
Three base word: The first three base layouts form the word: now. Use it like the secret code.
Utterly fail at a warp: Open warp and don't even enter it, just let it expire
Octocharge: Overcharge a warp x8

mirarant fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 10, 2023

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

mirarant posted:

Utterly fail at a warp: Not sure about this one either, open warp and don't even enter it and just let it expire?

I got it by opening a warp, going in, getting shot down without killing anyone, and closing the warp for 0 essence. Not sure if you can just close it without even entering or not, but that might work?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
Just tested it and yeah it does work like that too, common factor might be to just get 0 essence from the warp

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Even simpler, you can get it by just immediately closing the warp after opening it

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jhet posted:

I think the thing I dislike the most about Ironwood is that I can spend 24+ hrs in one outskirts location and only get maybe 2 attempts an hour at a drop for the blueprints that I need to be able to build things for the house. At almost level 50 mining now, and the Smelter won't show up, but I'm just sitting there on Silver still and not failing at it. Same goes for finding the dungeon maps now. I spent a full 24+ hrs training one handed in the level 25 monster, and nothing. So I can't go in the dungeon anymore with the change, and it just feels like there's something off with the drop rate.

you get blueprints from the harvest actions, not the kill actions, they're just stupidly rare

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

mirarant posted:

Who would try to cheat...Not sure about this one, maybe related to prestiging into a basic ship and then jumping ahead into a base instead of starting from zone 1?

Close!

You need to swap into the basic ship when you're a while into a run

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Saraiguma posted:

you get blueprints from the harvest actions, not the kill actions, they're just stupidly rare

Interesting to note, less interesting that it took 3 days to get the smelter blueprint. Can't wait to spend 7 days on tier 2. The drop rates are messed.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Jhet posted:

Interesting to note, less interesting that it took 3 days to get the smelter blueprint. Can't wait to spend 7 days on tier 2. The drop rates are messed.

Those automated buildings haven’t been a priority for me at silver, starting gold. They’re so slow and I’m in the “early game” upgrade loop where I don’t want to chill and wait. The exception is the charcoal one. I buy redwood logs off the market and let it chew on them for me. Maybe those feel more worth it at the higher tiers?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Virigoth posted:

Those automated buildings haven’t been a priority for me at silver, starting gold. They’re so slow and I’m in the “early game” upgrade loop where I don’t want to chill and wait. The exception is the charcoal one. I buy redwood logs off the market and let it chew on them for me. Maybe those feel more worth it at the higher tiers?

I do need the silver to finish out my equipment, so it's not a waste of time. It just doesn't feel right that the drop is so incredibly low. Either you end up waiting now or later is what I figured. At least if I do it now it'll be useful for both product and equipment output even if it is slow.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Started Ironwood RPG a few days ago, having fun exploring the systems. Seems like a lot of the systems have coalesced recently according to the changelog. So far my only gripe is having to unequip things to upgrade them.

How's the goon guild doing?

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
In USI, whats the optimum base layout for base 3? I've played around a bunch but I don't seem to "get" it

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

slothrop posted:

In USI, whats the optimum base layout for base 3? I've played around a bunch but I don't seem to "get" it

There's only 2 spots where you can apply 4 boosts to a single tile, the rest of the checkboard comes from there. Stack your main wanted producer (green/red/yellow) in those two slots. Add drain reducers where they help, depends on your other upgrades.

For example, these are (afaik) the best layouts for me right now that will keep everything positive:

I might be able to squeeze out a bit more with the last config, but it won't matter much. The twin quadruple-boosted tiles outperform the rest in production rate by a full order of magnitude, so any other gains are marginal.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I unlocked my final two mastery points in USI. Everyone's at mastery level 2 now.

I'm waffling back and forth between shard link, salvage, and reactor. I think shard link is the best buy because it's broadly useful and opens up more combos for different scenarios. Of course, I'm completely at end-of-content now other than continuing to pump up my base and slowly unlock the last few warp upgrades, so maybe I'll just hold onto them until more content arrives.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mirarant posted:

Messed up the setup: Prestige and then prestige again quickly
Three base word: The first three base layouts form the word: now. Use it like the secret code.
Utterly fail at a warp: Open warp and don't even enter it, just let it expire
Octocharge: Overcharge a warp x8

Thanks for these.

=Is there a list somewhere of secret codes that work. I know I have done a couple other than these already but I am sure I haven't gotten most of them.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Blacula posted:

Started Ironwood RPG a few days ago, having fun exploring the systems. Seems like a lot of the systems have coalesced recently according to the changelog. So far my only gripe is having to unequip things to upgrade them.

How's the goon guild doing?

Yeah the unequip thing is annoying, not sure if the dev will change that or not.

Goon guild is going good, we're basically stuck at rank 22 in the leaderboards. Our guild dailies have been getting finished every day which is pretty awesome,, they can be a pain sometimes.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Samopsa posted:

There's only 2 spots where you can apply 4 boosts to a single tile, the rest of the checkboard comes from there. Stack your main wanted producer (green/red/yellow) in those two slots. Add drain reducers where they help, depends on your other upgrades.

Adding to this a good start to solving any given layout is that the first thing you do is slot in as many boosters as possible. The layout with the highest number of boosters will be optimal, once you look at it that way it will immediately limit the possibilities and make it easier to find something that works well.

The first three bases it's just a checkerboard pattern, but I'm not sure yet how the extended range on the boosters in base 4 will affect this (as I haven't unlocked the full board yet so it doesn't matter much yet)

E: Seems like may be to be diagonal lines of boosters with 2 spaces between, which means with a fully unlocked board there will only be 1 spot that can get 4 boosters on it

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 13, 2023

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
:rip: Thieving in Ironwood. Now I wish I'd gone even harder on it. Was hoping to really push the gold requirements of a few buildings at least.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I'm doing my first Ascension run for Evolve Idle with the script. I'm trying to get to the Cthonian mission. How many ships do I need before the script will trigger the mission?

Edit: I added a frigate and scout and now it fired.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Maigius posted:

I'm doing my first Ascension run for Evolve Idle with the script. I'm trying to get to the Cthonian mission. How many ships do I need before the script will trigger the mission?

Edit: I added a frigate and scout and now it fired.

The different settings will tell you the required fleet power amounts and the power lost if you hover over them. I personally like the dreadnought suicide option but even high casualties isn't that bad.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I finished my double cataclysm run in evolve for failed history and I never want to do that mode again

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

has this... always been the phrasing for the primordial soup stage of Evolve?

been a while since i played and i'm getting back into it, so just curious

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

DemonMage posted:

:rip: Thieving in Ironwood. Now I wish I'd gone even harder on it. Was hoping to really push the gold requirements of a few buildings at least.

I had an interesting experience with thieving being removed. In the hour leading to that patch dropping, I was skilling thieving when I suddenly noticed I had stopped. When I couldn't start skilling again, I refreshed my browser and suddenly my thieving skill was back to level 1 :derp: then the patch notes dropped shortly after that.

I wish the game had an in-game chatroom at the time, that probably would have been pretty funny.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Manyorcas posted:

I had an interesting experience with thieving being removed. In the hour leading to that patch dropping, I was skilling thieving when I suddenly noticed I had stopped. When I couldn't start skilling again, I refreshed my browser and suddenly my thieving skill was back to level 1 :derp: then the patch notes dropped shortly after that.

I wish the game had an in-game chatroom at the time, that probably would have been pretty funny.

There's a discord, which I think is what everyone uses still could use a real guild chat even if they want to make public chat discord so they can use Discord's ban evasion detection tools.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really like Ironwood rpg I just wish it had an app like farm rpg does.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

MarcusSA posted:

I really like Ironwood rpg I just wish it had an app like farm rpg does.

the website works fine in a mobile browser and so does offline.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pixaal posted:

the website works fine in a mobile browser and so does offline.

Wow it actually does! Thanks!

I’ll have to see about setting it as a web app on my Home Screen.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Is it possible to finish any of the challenges in this USI patch?

I'm trying the last compute one but even with the crew mastery and 1e4 level capstone it seems like it's a long way from where I am to what it would take to win the challenge. I'm not sure letting it idle will do it.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
I've gotten everything but base carry 5, compute does require some full glass cannon deflector stuff though because you'll never survive real fire

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Saraiguma posted:

I've gotten everything but base carry 5, compute does require some full glass cannon deflector stuff though because you'll never survive real fire

What was your set up for computer and synth?

I'm just starting the Void Tier of synth stuff, 7/9 for compute, 4/5 for synth, 5/5 power hunger, 4/5 base carry.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Is it possible to finish any of the challenges in this USI patch?

I'm trying the last compute one but even with the crew mastery and 1e4 level capstone it seems like it's a long way from where I am to what it would take to win the challenge. I'm not sure letting it idle will do it.

Yeah, I've finished all of them. I forget what setups I used though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Post poste posted:

What was your set up for computer and synth?

I'm just starting the Void Tier of synth stuff, 7/9 for compute, 4/5 for synth, 5/5 power hunger, 4/5 base carry.

for core computing I think I did 4x laser 1x beam 1x charge, for synth I did 5x gat 1x beam but I had to farm overnight at not quite all of light blue infed