Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Tim Connelly really built this team then went to Minnesota and traded every pick for Rudy Gobert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eratik
Jun 23, 2004

I like your style.
It was a few plays ago but I really enjoyed Caleb Martin's inexplicable no look reach-in foul on the and-1

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
This Nuggets team is just sublime. Just completely locked in that quarter.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I'm happy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jeff green is here to seal the deal

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
bruce brown

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

trevorreznik posted:

Miami needs to just go home at this point

They won't have to travel far.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

jackofarcades posted:

Tim Connelly really built this team then went to Minnesota and traded every pick for Rudy Gobert

it's true lol. Calvin booth just sitting back cackling

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Elephanthead posted:

Well my hopes of a good series is dashed.

I think it's been pretty good even if the final results haven't been pretty, there has been a lot of adjustment and counter adjustment and counter counter adjustment.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Rick posted:

I don't think the Heat can get 97 points tonight if this game goes another 10 minutes, this one might be over.

I think you'll be right

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

something very just about this Denver team just putting the boot down.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if miami had rui jokic would be averaging 2..maybe 3 pts a game

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
florida deserves this

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Rick posted:

I think it's been pretty good even if the final results haven't been pretty, there has been a lot of adjustment and counter adjustment and counter counter adjustment.

this is the first game that i would really say hasnt been good to watch. dog poo poo refereeing from the first minute to the last

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Denver is a goddamn machine how are you supposed to beat this team

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
It's weird that Denver even has starters in at this point

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
TF did you put Jokic back in for? I think you're safe here.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i hope next year's finals are a bit more even

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This series is basically a carbon copy of the 2014 finals. Heat squeak out a game 2 win and get dismantled in the others. I still have nightmares about that series.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

denver plays pretty basketball.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

toggle posted:

I think there's a high chance of the next finals featuring an eastern conference team unfortunately.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
This is what happens when you don’t have enough Zeller minutes

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

Yup, even if the w-l has been lopsided, the actual games themselves and the execution in them have been incredible.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nachos posted:

This series is basically a carbon copy of the 2014 finals. Heat squeak out a game 2 win and get dismantled in the others. I still have nightmares about that series.

ruining norris coles finals streak

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

It's been interesting but not super great I think.

Also Nuggets point differentials

Wolves: +44 points
Suns: +57 points
Lakers: +24 points
Heat: +36 points through 3 wins

There's a halfway decent chance the Heat end up being their easiest series, really.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

BWV posted:

something very just about this Denver team just putting the boot down.

they hosed around a lot in the regular season. Jokic would go to the bench and they would give up huge runs. Hasn't happened in the playoffs though. Real serious team on a mission to win for their guys.

Heat also don't gently caress around but they're just kind of not great

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Bashez posted:

I think there's a high chance of the next finals featuring an eastern conference team unfortunately.

tatum's time to shine ? :barf:

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
nuggets

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

jackofarcades posted:

It's been interesting but not super great I think.

Also Nuggets point differentials

Wolves: +44 points
Suns: +57 points
Lakers: +24 points
Heat: +36 points through 3 wins

There's a halfway decent chance the Heat end up being their easiest series, really.

While I don't actually think point differential matters that much I'm going to pretend I do here and declare the Lakers the second best team in the league this year.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

jackofarcades posted:

they hosed around a lot in the regular season. Jokic would go to the bench and they would give up huge runs. Hasn't happened in the playoffs though. Real serious team on a mission to win for their guys.

Heat also don't gently caress around but they're just kind of not great

exactly. I just meant I somehow feel better when I know the truly better team wins the NBA finals. While I love the idea that any team can potentially get hot for a few series there is something just about the team with the best dudes who play the best getting the trophy (assuming it's not the Celtics).

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

While I don't actually think point differential matters that much I'm going to pretend I do here and declare the Lakers the second best team in the league this year.

I'd make that case but it's funny that the Lakers were an OT playin game away from getting swept in the first round while the Wolves maybe beat the Grizz

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Rick posted:

:hai:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This proves Cody Zeller was not the problem imo

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

toggle posted:

Bashez posted:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Jokic is absolutely the best passing big man of all time. His 1v3 lob to Gordon in the middle of the third quarter is just insane. Not even the best point guards of all time make that play.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

Jokic is absolutely the best passing big man of all time. His 1v3 lob to Gordon in the middle of the third quarter is just insane. Not even the best point guards of all time make that play.

It looked like a glitch in a videogame. Until the replay I thought it was a bad shot or was partially blocked or something.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Toxic Mental posted:

that lob was unbelievable if done by anyone else, yet merely productive when done by Jokic. the dudes basketball mind is incredible. all Gordon had to do was lightly push it into the basket.

i really hope kroenkes dumb cheap rear end prints MVP shirts for the stadium on Monday.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

Ammanas posted:

that lob was unbelievable if done by anyone else, yet merely productive when done by Jokic. the dudes basketball mind is incredible. all Gordon had to do was lightly push it into the basket.

i really hope kroenkes dumb cheap rear end prints MVP shirts for the stadium on Monday.

Yeah at this stage of the season he could probably get a screaming deal on 20k Joel Embiid shirts.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ammanas posted:

Do you have a link to it? It really looked like a bad pass that worked live and that Gordon just won a 33% ball but I assume on replay there's a clear window that it was slipped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Gordon is a tremendous finisher but Jokic and Murray are both great at finding him.