Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I don't understand the vehicle breaking mechanic. I've just tried many different times to use one of those hover platforms as a vehicle, one time it got me quite far, and the other time it literally broke after 10 seconds???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

d0grent posted:

I don't understand the vehicle breaking mechanic. I've just tried many different times to use one of those hover platforms as a vehicle, one time it got me quite far, and the other time it literally broke after 10 seconds???

Do you mean break as in "blinks green and then dissapears"?

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I've been killing silver lynels by pumping them full of gibdo bones

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

CainFortea posted:

Do you mean break as in "blinks green and then dissapears"?

Yeah

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

d0grent posted:

Glue a dragon scale or star bit to it, makes it last forever basically

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
That stops the vehicle despawning because link is too far from it when e.g. exploring caves, but afaik does nothing to protect the durability of consumable parts like wings or rockets.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh whoops my bad

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Like I conceptually understand why it's there but I don't understand exactly how it works. I thought it was just a set time they had until they break but I just had the same type of object last 2 very different durations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's a few things that have set and short durations, basically because if they didn't there'd be no reason to use anything else. Wings and Balloons are the biggest offenders. I think it may be distance based but no it hasn't been terribly consistent in my experience either. Just always be prepared for the blinking to start. It may just be time in the air because I've had the blinking stop when it came to a rest on the ground.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Me working for the national newspaper, investigating why the head of state of our country borrowed some guy’s farm tools and didn’t give them back

Real human interest stuff

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Epic High Five posted:

There's a few things that have set and short durations, basically because if they didn't there'd be no reason to use anything else. Wings and Balloons are the biggest offenders. I think it may be distance based but no it hasn't been terribly consistent in my experience either.

It's time based, the gliders last for 52 seconds.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Me, the most powerful superhero in all the lands, powerless to do anything when facing the flower karen

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

d0grent posted:

Do you mean it just fell apart? Because there are some places that are basically restricted zones as far as I can tell, where certain parts just won't stay together the way they usually do.

e: oops didn't read the follow-up, well idk then

Don't the parts that you find out in the world last longer (or just indefinitely) than parts you spawn yourself?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

CainFortea posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4028238&pagenumber=288&perpage=40#post532240022

Here you go. No long phone posting. This will drop any lynel in one parry/face crit/rodeo cycle (even armored ones, once you get the armor off)

Yowza. Building a lyonell wooper

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That stops the vehicle despawning because link is too far from it when e.g. exploring caves, but afaik does nothing to protect the durability of consumable parts like wings or rockets.

Wait, there's a way to stop them from doing that??? The thing that's probably the worst part (but, I thought, necessary) of the game?

Rolled credits tonight. Is there anything else added after you get a star on your save game?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

Me working for the national newspaper, investigating why the head of state of our country borrowed some guy’s farm tools and didn’t give them back

Real human interest stuff

could be the scandal that brings down this administration on;ce and for all

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

entering the endgame tonight

defeated the Demon King's army, all my friends are currently fighting the bosses from their respective temples, everything is up to me now

but first I gotta wait for my master sword to be restored, you all understand, very important stuff, just keep fighting those gigantic monstrosities that terrorized your various homes while my crystal charges

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

More like till the room LINKS am I right

I mean Zelda moved into his house and took it over because all Link had was a bean bag and his TV on the floor with an Xbox plugged into it. And swords on the wall for decoration. They’re just a typical young nesting couple.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah I mean he never leaves her side and there's one bed in his [her] house, which he can sleep in, it's not exactly long division.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Motherfuckers, they fooled me with the newspaper investigation into the chicken prophet

Well played

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 10, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

MokBa posted:

More like till the room LINKS am I right

I mean Zelda moved into his house and took it over because all Link had was a bean bag and his TV on the floor with an Xbox plugged into it. And swords on the wall for decoration. They’re just a typical young nesting couple.

the Boulder Breaker, Great Eagle Bow, Scimitar of the Seven, Daybreaker, and the Lightscale Trident all getting tossed into a trash can outside.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/rinhara5aki/status/1667381399928856579?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7242802835958566186

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1667137361984253952?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Zonai pots break armor

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Now we're cooking

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

bawk posted:

entering the endgame tonight

defeated the Demon King's army, all my friends are currently fighting the bosses from their respective temples, everything is up to me now

but first I gotta wait for my master sword to be restored, you all understand, very important stuff, just keep fighting those gigantic monstrosities that terrorized your various homes while my crystal charges

It comes back as soon as you start the fight

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Link slept in the shed until he bought his own house.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Finally a good use for them!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MorningMoon posted:

Link slept in the shed until he bought his own house.

Buying himself a newbuild Hudson house just so he can have swords on the wall again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Is there a practical use for the Cool Thing you get in the yinga base? It's real cool but seems direly useless specially when I got a couple weapons in the 70s

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

One object solutions from now on.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The bike is good for revealing just how much of the depths is just nothing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7236206195843829034

Look what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237553296662121771

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Steve Yun posted:

Motherfuckers, they fooled me with the newspaper investigation into the chicken prophet

Well played

:same: them saying a talking cucco is loving stupid was some salt in the wound

Runcible Cat posted:

Buying himself a newbuild Hudson house just so he can have swords on the wall again.

Zelda will take over that house too

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Link is just gonna get bigger and bigger houses that Zelda takes over until he eventually just moves into the delapidated castle and about one month later Zelda has her monarchy back.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Met a new kind of monster in the depths that I hadn’t encountered yet and it scared the poo poo out of me. I guess this is not a new or unique experience but I was not expecting a giant frog turtle monster to jump up at me as I was diving

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Got a really nice compendium photo of the inside of its mouth too lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Met a new kind of monster in the depths that I hadn’t encountered yet and it scared the poo poo out of me. I guess this is not a new or unique experience but I was not expecting a giant frog turtle monster to jump up at me as I was diving

Open up your inventory and drop a bomb flower.