Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Midjack posted:

no, it was the same guy. it took him like three years to eat the whole plane. he apparently drank a lot of mineral oil while eating metal and glass and that helped everything slide through. i'm assuming he disassembled it to pieces and cut larger parts up. i don't really want to know but i'm a little curious about what his bowel movements were like, there's no way he was using regular rear end toilets to eliminate that. did he just have a seat over a bucket, or a portajohn that he just emptied out at a metal scrap yard once a week?

i hope he collected all the pieces and reassembled the plane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Midjack posted:

no, it was the same guy. it took him like three years to eat the whole plane. he apparently drank a lot of mineral oil while eating metal and glass and that helped everything slide through. i'm assuming he disassembled it to pieces and cut larger parts up. i don't really want to know but i'm a little curious about what his bowel movements were like, there's no way he was using regular rear end toilets to eliminate that. did he just have a seat over a bucket, or a portajohn that he just emptied out at a metal scrap yard once a week?

lol seriously

and a 500 meter long steel chain in one sitting? how does that even work? like regardless of link size that's insanely heavy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the more I googled about him, the fishier it sounded. just one of those guys who could get away with ridiculous exaggeration before the internet. guiness didn't even give him a real record, just "weirdest diet" because he was seen eating some amount of metal or rubber and they took his word on the rest of his stories

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
probably started with the old "make it look like you're eating something strange by palming it in just the right way" trick and then things just kept getting more and more out of hand

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Powered Descent posted:

i hope he collected all the pieces and reassembled the plane

great, now I have a new worry about every plane I fly on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The group called themselves the Thursday Nighters, because they played the Midkemia role-playing game every Thursday evening. After some time, when the group changed and began meeting on Fridays, they became known as the Friday Nighters.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Beeftweeter posted:

lol seriously

and a 500 meter long steel chain in one sitting? how does that even work? like regardless of link size that's insanely heavy

i assume once you've got the first length completely through it becomes a lot easier since you can just start pulling on it

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Instead, most researchers agree that the chimichanga was created by accident at a Mexican restaurant in Arizona, United States, although they disagree over precisely where.[2][3][4][5]

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i assume once you've got the first length completely through it becomes a lot easier since you can just start pulling on it

i mean i guess so, it just seems implausible that the guy ate like 10 lbs of metal (or however much it weighed)

that would probably destroy a toilet

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ColTim posted:

Instead, most researchers agree that the chimichanga was created by accident at a Mexican restaurant in Arizona, United States, although they disagree over precisely where.[2][3][4][5]

"inadvertent chimichanga" is a pretty good username.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

El Charro might have the better claim but they're overpriced and underdeliver IMO.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
how does one become a chimichanga researcher

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

freelance or professional ?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Achmed Jones posted:

freelance or professional ?

i'm definitely freelance

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Prior to 2007, no one had ever seen an echidna ejaculate.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Doom Mathematic posted:

Prior to 2007, no one had ever seen an echidna ejaculate.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It is a space opera involving superhuman intelligences, aliens, variable physics, space battles, love, betrayal, genocide, and a communication medium resembling Usenet.

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It is a space opera involving superhuman intelligences, aliens, variable physics, space battles, love, betrayal, genocide, and a communication medium resembling Usenet.

Lol that I recognized this solely because of the Usenet part

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
got it in one, lol

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
book ruled

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The song was first offered to Karen Carpenter, while she was working on her first solo album, but she turned it down.[5] Lyrically, the song is about getting over troubles.

try and guess the song, i dare you

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Another interesting fact about that song

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
thats the original version (the one karen carpenter turned down). they modified the lyrics and then pitched it to michael jackson

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
An animation of color confinement, a property of the strong interaction. If energy is supplied to the quarks as shown, the gluon tube connecting quarks elongates until it reaches a point where it "snaps" and forms a quark–antiquark pair. Thus single quarks are never seen in isolation.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

asbestos? in my gooch??

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The Christian Science Monitor said it had "sufficient excitement".

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Sagebrush posted:

asbestos? in my gooch??

i thought this was a shot glass and it was a drink

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"asbestos gooch" isn't that bad of a cocktail name tbh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
"asbestos gooch" sounds like its from a willy wonka parody

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

asbestos_gooch.jpg (civil war era portrait of man with enormous mustache)

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

given the rug burn that thing would cause i think "asbestos gooch" probably also applies to his missus

KDE Perry
Dec 19, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I've got your nose is a children's game in which a person pretends to pluck the nose from the face of a baby or toddler.[1]

(...)

At no point is the child's nose actually removed from the child's face.[citation needed]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Lutha Mahtin posted:

asbestos_gooch.jpg (civil war era portrait of man with enormous mustache)

Warren Oates was really good as Asbestos Gooch.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
See also

Availability heuristic
Crowd psychology
Culture of fear
Folk devil
Love Jihad
Gel bracelet
Group sex
Jenkem
Junk food news
Knockout game
Mass hysteria
Mass media
Mean world syndrome
Missing white woman syndrome
Rainbow party
Representativeness heuristic
Sensationalism
Social control
Yellow journalism

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this is the good stuff

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Salak pondoh has three more superior variations, namely pondoh super, pondoh hitam (black pondoh), and pondoh gading (ivory / yellowish-skinned pondoh).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

As with previous Macedonian snake cults, the focus of worship at the temple was on fertility. Barren women would bring offerings to Glycon in hopes of becoming pregnant. According to Lucian, Alexander had less magical ways of causing pregnancy among his flock as well.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
Mooers argued that information is at risk of languishing unused due not only on the effort required to assimilate it but also to any impliciations of the information that may conflict with the user's. In learning new information, a user may end up proving their work incorrect or irrelevant. Mooers argued that users prefer to remain in a state of safety in which new information is ignored in an attempt to save potential embarrassment or reprisal from supervisors.[2]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

quote:

At the same time, a new wave of primarily plugg-oriented rappers emerged, many of whom grew listening to plugg, namely BoofPaxkMooky,[9][7][2] whose style is described to be reminiscent of the Playboi Carti-MexikoDro era songs,[8] and whose 2021 mixtape produced by StoopidXool called "Four Seasons" was regarded as one of the plugg's purest, according to a critic.