Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
The TWAB is dead, long live the TWID

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Master raids give adept guns (better than standard guns) and are required for the Title, so that's the reason why people do 'em

Easy question, next!!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Super Well needs to stop keeping you alive against all threats, so they can stop designing DPS Phases that will kill you unless you're in a well

I feel like they don't need to nerf well to just maybe...not make bosses become insanely threatening during DPS?

Well might still be optimal, but it'd feel less needed if you could use other things to keep the team safe during a stand-and-dps segment. The other option is to simply not let players stand and dps with things that are not copious amounts of damage.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like they don't need to nerf well to just maybe...not make bosses become insanely threatening during DPS?

I agree, but unfortunately Bungie has explicitly stated that they design encounters around Well. Well is so powerful that it would trivialize content that did not require Well, and so they make content that requires* Well

*Yeah not literally, you can have a sentinel shield or everyone runs solar or whatever, but Well Alternatives are simply that

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

haveblue posted:

If they really wanted you to use Strand on Calus, he should have been immune to all other damage types at least temporarily

No because knowing these loving idiots at bungie, they'd bug it somehow so that he was just fully immune, to everything, all the time.
2 weeks to fix.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Master raids give adept guns (better than standard guns) and are required for the Title, so that's the reason why people do 'em

Easy question, next!!

Next question: Is that even worth all the effort, Gamer?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I mean, I don't bother chasing Adept weapons but I can see why people do? I think D2 has the great balance of Adept weapons being a better reward because they access Adept mods, without making the regular versions useless. It's pretty great.

Again, I don't bother, not something I particularly care about, but even if there were weapons that were no different except for like a unique shader and they had "Godkiller" or something as a suffix people would still want it and you know what? I get it, and I support it. Sometimes you just want the better version, even if it isn't actually better. Not for me, but I respect it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

I mean, I don't bother chasing Adept weapons but I can see why people do? I think D2 has the great balance of Adept weapons being a better reward because they access Adept mods, without making the regular versions useless. It's pretty great.

Again, I don't bother, not something I particularly care about, but even if there were weapons that were no different except for like a unique shader and they had "Godkiller" or something as a suffix people would still want it and you know what? I get it, and I support it. Sometimes you just want the better version, even if it isn't actually better. Not for me, but I respect it.

And then they might decide to sunset that poo poo again, making the entire journey ultimately pointless.
Or viking funeral it, whatever term is more seasonally thematically appropriate.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They might also turn gambit into a battle Royale and remove Arc as a subclass, so idunno what your point is.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How did we get Salvage and Deep Dive in the same release? Deep Dive has this wonderful Roguelike feel to it and there's options to excel with the Pressure timers, and Salvage.... doesn't?

It's like two entirely different groups of people came up with these, and never spoke to each other once.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

First time playing Destiny? All the "teams" are segregated with no contact

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
It's double crucible rep week and I am reminded how abysmal the crucible rep rewards are even in a double week. ~230 rep for a win and ~150 for a loss at a 5-streak? Yikes. Even Gambit is something like ~450 for a win and ~300 for a loss at a 5-streak.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Shockeh posted:

How did we get Salvage and Deep Dive in the same release? Deep Dive has this wonderful Roguelike feel to it and there's options to excel with the Pressure timers, and Salvage.... doesn't?

It's like two entirely different groups of people came up with these, and never spoke to each other once.

They've always had design space for people who want to think about builds and optimize content (and chasing T7 in DD is definitely for them) and for people who just want to throw on whatever, turn their brain off, and just chill in low-intensity content. That latter bit is Salvage.

DD is the marquee seasonal activity and Salvage is essentially a core activity replacement. Previous seasonal offerings have had the tick-tock combo of doing old core activities to get Thing because you needed Thing in order to actually get Loot from the new seasonal activity. No one liked that after the first time they tried, so they've been scaling it back ever since. Last two seasons you don't need Thing at all, having it just doubles the Loot. Also you can get Thing from everywhere instead of just Strikes-Cru-Gambit. Salvage is just a progression of that design step explicitly for people who hate Crucible and hate Gambit and would throw their computer off a ledge if they had to run their most hated strike one more time; you can just run Salvage (especially after grabbing the seasonal perk from killing all three DD bosses), grab DD keys, and then run DD.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

Well might still be optimal, but it'd feel less needed if you could use other things to keep the team safe during a stand-and-dps segment. The other option is to simply not let players stand and dps with things that are not copious amounts of damage.

vow is as close as they've come to making well sub-optimal between keeper forcing you to move between dps platforms and that brief period of rhulk turbo-kicking you if you had the audacity to stand in a well

most teams just brought more wells in response

the actual solution is to redesign DPS phases to give players a DPS buff that overwrote well so it stopped being Necessary

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

vow is as close as they've come to making well sub-optimal between keeper forcing you to move between dps platforms and that brief period of rhulk turbo-kicking you if you had the audacity to stand in a well

most teams just brought more wells in response

the actual solution is to redesign DPS phases to give players a DPS buff that overwrote well so it stopped being Necessary

or - and here me out here - or, we make the dps phase more dangerous with a host of exploding lucent moths

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's it. Make it a snowstorm of moths that are only repelled by the well. If you step foot outside you are instagibbed. All bosses now get 50% more boop too and a rhulk kick.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Well is also super busted in PVP especially when coupled with how strong Solar Warlock is in general, and the design choice to make capturing the zone the base trials mode/overtime and tiebreaker in comp. Bubble is far less effective now in comparison

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

heated game moment posted:

Well is also super busted in PVP especially when coupled with how strong Solar Warlock is in general, and the design choice to make capturing the zone the base trials mode/overtime and tiebreaker in comp. Bubble is far less effective now in comparison

Wrong.
If I need that idiot across the map trying to emote peek me, to actually push me so I can safely kill him, I'll drop a bubble.
Nobody can resist the siren call of running facefirst into an enemy bubble.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Any idea how many people play Destiny 2 these days? It's kinda wild I usually don't have wait times to get into a strike or any activity, almost a decade after game was released.

Surely not doing CSGO numbers in the millions, but Steam says there's about 80k right now, a workday, not bad

Just curious what kind of weight Bungie has

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Any idea how many people play Destiny 2 these days? It's kinda wild I usually don't have wait times to get into a strike or any activity, almost a decade after game was released.

Surely not doing CSGO numbers in the millions, but Steam says there's about 80k right now, a workday, not bad

Just curious what kind of weight Bungie has

Witch Queen had over a million pre-orders. Destiny 2 is consistently a top 5 game on steam, and while console player numbers aren't frequently published, there are more console destiny players than PC players according to the numbers we do have... so it's safe to say it's one of the most popular games on consoles too.

Here are JUST the steam numbers: https://steamcharts.com/app/1085660

Keep in mind, it's on far more platforms than just steam. To say it's popular is an understatement. It's one of the largest active video games, period.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The only real wait problem I ever have is trying to get my pre-Comp qualifiers in. Don't get them done as soon as a season starts and apparently the chances of it timing out looking is incredibly high, so that's great.

Also what they need to do is make super zippy months that target wells and suppress them. You will have wells when we drat well say so!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
the well sword should randomly float around and maybe fly into the sky sometimes

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Well *becomes the boss*.

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish
IMO they should just let bosses nuke the well itself because the sword does have a lifebar just like a bubble or a barrier does. or even lean into the suppression debuff keyword more, there's a lot of room already existing ways that they have managed super/ability use in the past and well just seems to be an outlier at this point.

imagine in a DPS phase when you pop a well you have folks who are focused on the boss and folks who have to deal with well-killing/suppressing behaviors, could apply in similar ways to other supers as well! it's not even unprecedented.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
trying to guess when Come To Pass is going to be at the Wellspring so i can finally finish the Witchqueen exotic glaive quest has me like ????????? I don't think I've ever even seen it come up in the rotation.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Every 4 days so check the Reddit daily readout threads or something

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Or use https://www.todayindestiny.com

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Did Bungie change something so those guys don't know what the eververse rotation looks like? In past seasons it seemed like we would know when stuff was coming.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Lord Wexia posted:

It's double crucible rep week and I am reminded how abysmal the crucible rep rewards are even in a double week. ~230 rep for a win and ~150 for a loss at a 5-streak? Yikes. Even Gambit is something like ~450 for a win and ~300 for a loss at a 5-streak.

Self-quoting to say play rumble. A loss is still ~400xp and goes pretty fast.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Oh I didn't realize it was even on here. This is especially hilarious because guess what is at the Wellspring RIGHT NOW!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Did Bungie change something so those guys don't know what the eververse rotation looks like? In past seasons it seemed like we would know when stuff was coming.

Bungie disabled that this season.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RBX posted:

Bungie disabled that this season.

:bungie: as gently caress

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tried Deep Stone Crypt for the first time!

People kept shooting Atraks lmao. Death to Fallen

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

Oxyclean posted:

Maybe I'm stretching, but I feel like there was stuff about Savathun being around earth during the collapse or something

She taught a human family to sing the Traveler to Earth from Io during the Collapse and also naturally spent a brief minute on the moon dunking our dipshit paingod straight into superhell

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/fundament-shell posted:

Old Sean was already a sinner, but a man with nothing will fight to keep what little he has. He figured that alive and in the Devil's pocket was better than dead, so he shook her hand. The Devil opened her eyes—one, two, three—and pointed him to the last star in the sky, far to the south. She said, "That's your star, Sean Rigby. Follow it each night, when it's the last star hanging low, and sing to it. You sing, 'Al Eck Ruk Nam, Shu Nam Eck Ur,' until you call that star down to Earth. You do that, and your family will endure."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

If something is fun that should be almost good enough.

Is it actually fun though?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
New Trials tech dropped

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I am hevvy veppins guy

And diss

Is my veppin

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is Veles Labyrinth still a cakewalk compared to the moon LSes? Titan is my least played character lately, but I want to try and get the new exotic chest.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's easier, but they changed it so you have to solve a puzzle now and can't just rush through it any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

marhom posted:

She taught a human family to sing the Traveler to Earth from Io during the Collapse and also naturally spent a brief minute on the moon dunking our dipshit paingod straight into superhell

Thanks Space Satan's Sister