Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Yesterday I discovered that Cold Enchanted on the one with quill beasts absolutely ruins my day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The nightmare dungeons are seasonal, with a different set for wt3 and wt4 each season (This being season 0, I guess.) Not sure what the reasoning is though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Will the weapon bonus double if you pick the same passive technique as the weapon you're actively using?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I switched from a minion necro build to a bone necro build at like 42 or so and have been immensely regretting it ever since. Taking forever to kill poo poo now and I’m way less survivable, and going through a whole rotation is so much more work. I think I was better off using the minion leggos I got 20 levels ago.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I never played D3 but had played the poo poo out of D2 despite being bad at it. Where is a good place to read up on simple stuff like "how do I switch weapons as a barb", "what skills are good to have for long term", and what are the fancy words I see people in this thread using, like capstone, sigil, and techniques ?"

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

M. Night Skymall posted:

The nightmare dungeons are seasonal, with a different set for wt3 and wt4 each season (This being season 0, I guess.) Not sure what the reasoning is though.

Ahh that makes sense. Rotate them out to artificially make them feel new/fresh again since you need to grind them so much for glyphs

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hah.

Also - made me remember this :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGQikahTZas

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Are there any recommended youtube guides for complete beginners? Not "here's ten tips for biggers - tip one transmog your legendary aspects" but instead like, "this guide is for grandpa who's only video game experience is Fallout 3"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Servers are laggy as poo poo right now for me

Just got disconnected while doing the capstone except the game client wouldn't reconnect so it just stalled mid-combat til i killed the app. Now I have to restart the whole thing.

Cool.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Man, I'm enjoying the game, but this advertising makes me embarrassed to be in the target demo. This feels like something you'd see on Spike TV in 2005.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blizzard+sexual+harassment&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Why expect better?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Nightmare dungeons need to be buffed big time ASAP, and normal dungeons need to be nerfed. It absurd that people can farm white dungeons to 100 with no challenge, meanwhile there's only 1 benefit to doing nightmare dungeons which is leveling sigils. Which is absolutely absurd to think about is the only benefit to doing the single end-game activity loop.

They need to rebalance loot drops across the spectrum. Something like Nightmare dungeons(depending on level) > Helltides > Normal dungeons > Overworld. Nightmare dungeons should have loot affixes as well. Just making a map harder with no real benefit is lol and lmao.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I'm gonna be honest: the ad campaign for this game has mostly been really dumb, but really dumb is kinda fun and better than organized breast-milk theft.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Join us in the Controller Cult and youll never think about horse riding problems again…

Necro is so perfect for controller, I don't really need to target poo poo as my build is just let skeletons distract while I try to cover the area with corpse explosions. I always went Necro on Path of Exile as well because it's just the most RSI-friendly playstyle.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Black Griffon posted:

I'm gonna be honest: the ad campaign for this game has mostly been really dumb, but really dumb is kinda fun and better than organized breast-milk theft.

The cathedral they paid to have painted is pretty cool ngl.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What does this red line leading to a nail on the map mean?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Prior to this, I had only seen the Times Square ad covered in the smoke haze. Aside from the juxtaposition it was as tasteful as a Diablo ad can be. The cinematic trailer was my only other exposure, so I thought they were being normal.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Has anyone successfully killed that big boss thing that wanders around (or guards the chest, it was hard to tell when I was doing it) in the helltides? The thing had so much freaking HP.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I switched from a minion necro build to a bone necro build at like 42 or so and have been immensely regretting it ever since. Taking forever to kill poo poo now and I’m way less survivable, and going through a whole rotation is so much more work. I think I was better off using the minion leggos I got 20 levels ago.

What’s a necro without minions

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Perestroika posted:

I'm only at level 40 myself, but I've been toying around with similar builds during leveling. Some thoughts:

- Frenzy is one of my favourite fury generators, but I'd argue it pairs better with upheaval plus the upgrade that gives it a stacking bonus to damage for hitting with other attacks. Frenzy fills that up nice and quick
- Lunging Strike is fun and useful all around, it gives you so much mobility that you don't even particularly need charge or leap any more.
- Flay I've not really found that much use for, honestly
- That said, Rend is extremely good and can absolutely carry a bleed build on its own without flay. Huge damage and very solid reach to boot.
- Bash I've also not found too much use for yet, I could see it being useful with a stun/CC build but that seems to require some item bonuses to really come together
- Personally I'm ride or die for Iron Skin when it comes to the defensive options, especially with the healing specialization

Using Lunging Strike with dual weapons for faster swings and stacks with Upheaval, iron skin+rallying shout. Feels more fun than just spamming HoTA imo.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

What does this red line leading to a nail on the map mean?

Waypoint you placed. I did the same thing :v:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got bored of sorc chain lightning so I’m doing meteor, arc lightning, made my enchant ice shards for the hell of it why not

It’s surprisingly good for bosses cuz of all the “disables” it counts as with frost nova, meteor etc so you get loads of stuns and can stand in place and get a bunch of stacking buffs

Figured I’m hitting endgame and never using meteor again so why not give it some variety

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

So far to me it feels like you're better off building around whatever good leggos drop for you, rather than trying to chase a specific build. I've been respeccing a lot trying to find a necro build that feels good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Astryl posted:

I have seen a couple people say this, and I largely am a D2 player which only allowed 2 active skills at a time.

How is six total skills not enough?

At least for now from what I can tell every single sorc runs teleport, frost shield, frost nova which all feel sort of like a requirement so you have 3 slots you can actually decide on (probably one basic one core one ult)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Capstone done. Yeah I was overthinking it, had to play it safe but otherwise Sorcerer rolled through it.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Jimbot posted:

Has anyone successfully killed that big boss thing that wanders around (or guards the chest, it was hard to tell when I was doing it) in the helltides? The thing had so much freaking HP.

yeah, it drops like 5 cinders. not really worth the time unless you can kill it quickly

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Are there any recommended youtube guides for complete beginners? Not "here's ten tips for biggers - tip one transmog your legendary aspects" but instead like, "this guide is for grandpa who's only video game experience is Fallout 3"

Maxroll has decent content

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I never played D3 but had played the poo poo out of D2 despite being bad at it. Where is a good place to read up on simple stuff like "how do I switch weapons as a barb", "what skills are good to have for long term", and what are the fancy words I see people in this thread using, like capstone, sigil, and techniques ?"

the most popular sites for builds are https://www.icy-veins.com/ and https://maxroll.gg/

terms people are using are specific to this game and it'll walk you through most of it as you play it. the game is actually pretty good at giving you an idea of what to do and the skill system has respecs and encourages experimentation

it's only been a week since the game came out. come learn with all of us

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Man, I'm enjoying the game, but this advertising makes me embarrassed to be in the target demo. This feels like something you'd see on Spike TV in 2005.

That's nothing, wait until you see the design for the main villain of the game!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LifeLynx posted:

That's nothing, wait until you see the design for the main villain of the game!

The best part is that they didn't need to market the villain... The fans did it for them :v:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

At least for now from what I can tell every single sorc runs teleport, frost shield, frost nova which all feel sort of like a requirement so you have 3 slots you can actually decide on (probably one basic one core one ult)

Again I only follow metas so this doesn't really bug me. I could see if you were a solo player or someone who wanted to theory craft why this would be an issue.

Also I cannot overstate this:

THIS GAME LOOKS SO GOOD WITH HDR

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

How do gems (and to a certain degree stats in general) work on classes with multiple weapons? If I put an amethyst in my hammer, will my the bleed from my swords benefit from the DOT bonus? Will they benefit from the hammer bonuses in general?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Astryl posted:

Also I cannot overstate this:

Just slapped this on (it usually fucks up my cool MW2 captures) and god yeah.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

You must be doing a really hosed up bone build because bone spear is one of the smoothest builds in the game right now.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I am in the 50s and still have some issues with mana on bosses doing bone spear, but it should definitely not be taking forever to kill things. Get more crit / crit damage!

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I was thinking about switching from shadow to bone until I got an aspect that lets decompose chain to a second enemy while spawning extra corpses. The game suddenly got a lot easier.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

How viable is a bow/archer build for rogue? Thinking of making an alt since Barb is off the menu til question marks. Can they use javelins or is that another class?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Astryl posted:

Ugh, I have 2 HDR ports on my tv and one of them is my eARC port for some loving reason, so I have to use that for my Sonos soundbar. So I only really have 1 and had to choose between Apple TV and the PS5. Maybe I’ll swap them…

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Doomykins posted:

Alright did a round of Tree bounties and then rode around exploring gathering some thoughts. Again I can see this enormous, gaping, horribly bleeding wound where the game got rushed out the door.

I really want to say they could have salvaged it if everything wasn't a goddamn sequel hook in modern games. I remember Horizon having an incredible backstory and the summing it all up for a great ending but NOPE gently caress you we need to sell sequels.

Mechanically the game still needs a lot. Why are resistances useless? Why is CDR king? Why the hell can enemies just decide nope you don't get to Deep Freeze but also your cooldown is gone? Why does every enemy pack feature a skills-don't-work-here aoe?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

faantastic posted:

How viable is a bow/archer build for rogue? Thinking of making an alt since Barb is off the menu til question marks. Can they use javelins or is that another class?

No throwing javelins in game yet. But yes, there is a viable rogue bow build - penetrating shot. Haven't seen anything else comparable using a bow though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

HDR and a little bit of reshade to get rid of the layers of cum.