Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Remembering when he had Edward Elric as his avatar to show how he likes anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

what does he mean "first block payment $5 million"?

It means if he actually goes through with the payments to creators as described (he usually doesn't do what he says he's he's gonna do), the initial budget will be 5 million dollars divided between however many in reply ads there are.

It's like when 200 million people sign up for a class action lawsuit and at the end of it everyone gets a check for $1.25 two years later

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Beeftweeter posted:

stop using twitter you morons

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

no

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i'm surprised that someone hasn't tried to copy SA's model yet tbh. not that it's a model for success but like - it's not that different from what people are used to in Freemium games now lol

But why stop there when you can jump right to a subscription model, I guess

a bunch of minecraft servers have done the pay-to-unban thing, and microsoft got really mad because they realized that the shitter could have been buying new minecraft accounts to evade bans.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status...tepost532415449

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

euphronius posted:

SA should ban Twitter from being linked
Except here, so we can concentrate all the twitter addicted degenerate here, in that thread i post far too much in.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

he is such a vile worthless person. he offers nothing and is an absolute blight on society

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

uber_stoat posted:

i've seen all kinds of incredibly shady stuff in the ads. there was one for a thing that can clone key fobs, there was a telescoping steel club.

I get the telescoping baton one a lot, and also a birdfeeder that spins to toss off squirrels

really need to change browsers on my phone to one that allows ad blockers

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

euphronius posted:

It would be rude of them to turn their backs to their own boer like that.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

euphronius posted:

how would I post NYTPs in the Glennthread if they don't automatically embed

I'd have to do screenshots, not ideal

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Long-rear end investigative column from WaPo on Autopilot just dropped

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

736 data points for fsd training! way to go musk

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

everyone is so focused on how many times the robot car crashed yet nobody brings up how many times they dont crash, curious

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://archive.is/YE7Ey to get around the paywall

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just replace "Autopilot" with "magic" and it licks rear end!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

It is unclear which of the systems was in use in the fatal crashes: Tesla has asked NHTSA not to disclose that information. In the section of the NHTSA data specifying the software version, Tesla’s incidents read — in all capital letters — “redacted, may contain confidential business information.”

Elon keeps winning

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

807 driver assist accidents, 736 were caused by Teslas.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/chancery_daily/status/1667391304295120897?t=nGTCqNGUAE74q1FqyKW1uw&s=19
https://twitter.com/chancery_daily/status/1667404768438886400?t=3ERcpy9wB5TgJxMTmSAhUw&s=19

Seems normal

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

PotatoJudge posted:

807 driver assist accidents, 736 were caused by Teslas.

Its in beta so its all the Drivers faults

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

shyduck posted:

Seems normal

it is

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

they filed a motion to file the list :piss:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

yes this is fairly normal for commercial litigation

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

got 'em

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.

quote:

Of hundreds of Tesla driver-assistance crashes, NHTSA has focused on about 40 Tesla incidents for further analysis, hoping to gain deeper insight into how the technology operates. Among them was the North Carolina crash involving Mitchell, the student disembarking from the school bus.

Afterward, Mitchell awoke in the hospital with no recollection of what happened. He still doesn’t grasp the seriousness of it, his aunt said. His memory problems are hampering him as he tries to catch up in school. Local outlet WRAL reported that the impact of the crash shattered the Tesla’s windshield.

The Tesla driver, Howard G. Yee, was charged with multiple offenses in the crash, including reckless driving, passing a stopped school bus and striking a person, a class I felony, according to North Carolina State Highway Patrol Sgt. Marcus Bethea.

Authorities said Yee had fixed weights to the steering wheel to trick Autopilot into registering the presence of a driver’s hands: Autopilot disables the functions if steering pressure is not applied after an extended amount of time. Yee did not respond to a request for comment.

Complete regulatory capitulation:

quote:

It is unclear which of the systems was in use in the fatal crashes: Tesla has asked NHTSA not to disclose that information. In the section of the NHTSA data specifying the software version, Tesla’s incidents read — in all capital letters — “redacted, may contain confidential business information.”

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

you guys can just quit twitter you don't have to march in with the needle still dangling out of your arm and announce you're totally quitting today while visibly pushing the plunger and still mainlining

look, i'm not tweeting right now. it's that easy.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
One million likes for that poo poo

He's gonna get so much worse before it's over

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Idk what any of this means but it sounds not great

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

you guys can just quit twitter you don't have to march in with the needle still dangling out of your arm and announce you're totally quitting today while visibly pushing the plunger and still mainlining

look, i'm not tweeting right now. it's that easy.

they cant

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Spaced God posted:

Idk what any of this means but it sounds not great

when you’re in a federal lawsuit and you’re a corporation you have to file a thing with the court that discloses your ownership structure. it’s fairly common to redact individual owners and the like

basically twitter had to file a form with the court and then it filed that form, pretty wild stuff

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

the milk machine posted:

when you’re in a federal lawsuit and you’re a corporation you have to file a thing with the court that discloses your ownership structure. it’s fairly common to redact individual owners and the like

basically twitter had to file a form with the court and then it filed that form, pretty wild stuff

Oh no how will musk wriggle out of this

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Field Mousepad posted:

I mean nobody likes Detroit I'll give them that

only poorly informed people. or pips as I like to call them. Detroit has been supplying art and culture to a nation of unappreciative swine

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

musk did 9/11

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Lpzie posted:

musk did 9/11

nice assertion. now, care to back that up with a tweet?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

march in with the needle still dangling out of your arm and announce you're totally quitting today

making up a guy to get mad about is insanely normal actually

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

the milk machine posted:

omg omg omg

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the milk machine posted:

!

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

Lpzie posted:

musk did 9/11

Musk did 14/88.....again

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Martian posted:

One million likes for that poo poo

He's gonna get so much worse before it's over

I'm still curious where the bottom is to all this. At some point I feel like doing the "How do you do, fellow fascists?" gimmick is going to have diminishing returns and will be more work than the adulation received. The next monetization attempt will likely flop and I wonder how these chuds will channel their disappointment.

On one hand I'm appalled at how the very worst cranks have the ear to the richest man in the world. On the other hand, it's very possible that influence translates to very little actual clout and fame, which has gotta be quite infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Panfilo posted:

On the other hand, it's very possible that influence translates to very little actual clout and fame, which has gotta be quite infuriating.

yeah. it can only go down and will die the sooner an alternative shows up

twitter will become like Truth any other chan, a leper's colony where they can gather and scream bullshit at each other, but without the illusion of acceptance achieved by faking the engagement of their ideas in the 'public square'

it's the same poo poo they did previously by boosting booksales or whatever. billionaires elevating unpopular viewpoints to make them appear mainstream. only now its musk pushing chuds to the top of replies and adding multipliers to their numbers

e: its doesn't help that the news media will be the last to leave and are complicit in elevating twitter (and musk's) importance

Durf has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Jun 10, 2023