Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

flashman posted:

My life for an item filter... Even just by item level 700 and above would be fine.....

And stash search. Those are my biggest UI gripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
How do I turn off randos showing in my 2-player game? They cause a ton of lag and rubber banding when they show up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Against the advice of the thread, I started the game in HC. Is there a HC clan? I recall D3 had one, though I am not sure if the clan can have HC/non-HC people mixed.

Also, the game seems kind of boring so far, the skills are kind of bland and enemies seem too tanky. I had to throw in the towel last night because I was literally falling asleep mid battle while progressing the Act 1 story quest. It feels like it is missing something that the other games all had that I cannot quite identify. Hopefully it picks up once you have enough skill points to have a coherent build or something. Currently a 29 sorc because I thought the sorc would be better at not dying to pick up some Lilith statues to help the next character.

I felt the same way leveling my sorc 1-50. it's the level scaling, mainly, that makes it feel like you're never really making progress. I ended up beelining main quest and not even fighting most enemies. I think the game is pretty, some zones and quests are neat. combat gets a bit better and I'm hoping it gets much better once I get neato items dropping. the multiplayer aspect is well done and fun.

not aware of any SA HC clan yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astryl posted:

This game really needs a LFG function

Yes please

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Kaddish posted:

And stash search. Those are my biggest UI gripes.

They gonna save these qol basics for an expansion lol

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

No throwing javelins in game yet. But yes, there is a viable rogue bow build - penetrating shot. Haven't seen anything else comparable using a bow though

Figured I'd reply to this since I made my own build and I'm having zero problems. But I'm running a rogue bow/trap build and I absolutely melt most single targets. Traps are good for damage too.

Running Forceful Arrow, Rapid Shot, Smoke Grenade, Poison Trap, Poison Imbuement, and Shadow Trap.

Took the aspect that turns my smoke grenade into a trap, and I went whole hog on +trap damage and +damage to enemies in traps. My ult + poison trap combo clears entire groups, and Poison Imbuement + 3 Combo Point Rapid Fire shreds single targets. The amount of stacking +damage you can get is absurd.

My mobility is kind of trash, but with 3 dodge charges I haven't felt that was a huge issue.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I got six whispering keys and I've seen six silent chest drops that were much worse than any unlocked chest. Regular chest? Usually a blue min, yellows common, sometimes a legendary. Silent chests? Always 2-3 drops but usually 1-2 whites and 1-2 blues. What an awful god drat addition to the game. I'll be burning oboes at the gambler directly until patched. :v:

Zero VGS posted:

How do I turn off randos showing in my 2-player game? They cause a ton of lag and rubber banding when they show up.

That's the fun part, you don't.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Am I wasting Renown if I do stuff for a maxed out region without having unlocked WT3+ yet? I'm still leveling my alt which I prefer and I'm just grinding Tree of Whispers/Adventure Mode activities because I assume the renown doesn't get banked

vvv Thanks!

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 10, 2023

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Lakbay posted:

Am I wasting Renown if I do stuff for a maxed out region without having unlocked WT3+ yet? I'm still leveling my alt which I prefer and I'm just grinding Tree of Whispers/Adventure Mode activities because I assume the renown doesn't get banked

No, any points you get while they're locked will immediately count once you finish the capstone dungeon.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Lakbay posted:

If I remember right, as soon as I switched to t3, it applied all the renown I had previously been collecting to the total. You'd just be locked out collecting the reward if you managed to hit the 3rd cap before moving to t3.

Don't take this as gospel though

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

renown can't be wasted. you simply don't get the reward until you unlock WT3. so go wild really

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Zotix posted:

It dies in about 5-10s to stormwolf.

Did you get the amulet to drop? I thought it was going to be like shako level rare. I have everything else but haven't bothered trying to put it together since I figure I'd never see the amulet.

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As I sit outside, smoking a cigarette, I wonder how easy it is for people to kite high level mobs towards you. I’ve left my character in an out of the way place and expect my minions to pick off random stragglers but wonder about the dangers of player driven enemy engagement.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Here's an important question, if I convert Corpse Explosion to shadow DOT, do those cum puddles I make stack damage? Or do enemies only take damage from one of them at once?

edit: also when it says "Your damage has a chance to create corpse" or "You deal increased damage to cursed enemies", do those both include my skeletons?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 10, 2023

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
this game owns

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

AllNewJonasSalk posted:

As I sit outside, smoking a cigarette, I wonder how easy it is for people to kite high level mobs towards you. I’ve left my character in an out of the way place and expect my minions to pick off random stragglers but wonder about the dangers of player driven enemy engagement.

the game will kick you back to character select after not too long idle so you don't need to worry about that.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

When a weapon gives +Vulnerable % below the line, does it apply only to attacks from that weapon, or any attack/spell you do?

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Dameius posted:

the game will kick you back to character select after not too long idle so you don't need to worry about that.

I learned this the hard way after a beer run a few days ago. Don’t walk away too long because the servers might just crash on you.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

When a weapon gives +Vulnerable % below the line, does it apply only to attacks from that weapon, or any attack/spell you do?

Everything. Open up your stat screen thing from your character window, find the Vulnerable Damage stat and watch it change when you equip/unequip that item. Weapons aren't really "weapons", they're just another item.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I think it’s all global

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

flashman posted:

My life for an item filter... Even just by item level 700 and above would be fine.....

They have that. Just pick up only Ancestral items

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I'm really curious to see what the battle pass is gonna be like, because I almost always deck my characters out in more "ordinary" gear. Guy looking like a dang marvel cinematic universe is no fun. If it's just glowy bits and demon horses it'll be super easy to not get it.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Black Griffon posted:

I'm really curious to see what the battle pass is gonna be like, because I almost always deck my characters out in more "ordinary" gear. Guy looking like a dang marvel cinematic universe is no fun. If it's just glowy bits and demon horses it'll be super easy to not get it.

I'm actually wondering this myself. poo poo like the butterfly wings and mini battlecrusier pet was fine for D3 but that really, really wouldn't fit what kind of theme they are going for in 4 at all.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Even if the first battlepass stays grounded, weird, out of place cosmetics are pretty much a guarantee in any live service game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Black Griffon posted:

If it's anything like cod you're gonna be getting sold skins of irl twitch streamers within a couple months

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

site posted:

If it's anything like cod you're gonna be getting sold skins of irl twitch streamers within a couple months

As someone who paid for the idiot mode BP for the current MW2 season, I feel qualified to say that the IRL streamers aren't in the actual battle pass. Yet.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
personally, waiting to see if a Druid twerk dance is in the BP before I decide to buy or not

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not even sure how I feel about cosmetics for this game yet. Like you can't really even see them like you can in like Fortnite.

I feel the same way about the CoD cosmetics.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
As long as the d4 cosmetics continue to have zero impact on how I play the game I couldn't give less of a poo poo about them, though I will lol at anyone who paid $30 to be a glowy spooky skeleton

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I noticed someone with the rogue gold/coin outfit thing and you can barely even see it. Of course, he was the only one spitting out emotes waiting for a world boss.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Black Griffon posted:

As someone who paid for the idiot mode BP for the current MW2 season, I feel qualified to say that the IRL streamers aren't in the actual battle pass. Yet.

My favorite Fortnite skin is a streamer, but that's Fortnite where anything goes.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

MajorBonnet posted:

My favorite Fortnite skin is a streamer, but that's Fortnite where anything goes.

Listen if I can get a Tom Walker (not the singer) or Limmy skin I'll loving pay up.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Awful Bone Economy Lodge (ABEL)
Search it up or whisper Marchidian#2852

Also sent a request, bnet tag is lastflowers#1904

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Is it generally better to hold off on putting legendary aspects on things until the post game? Putting aspects on gear costing legendary mats is really limiting when I'm being miserly with salvaging my legendaries because "what if I need this aspect with a good roll for later?"

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I'm not even sure how I feel about cosmetics for this game yet. Like you can't really even see them like you can in like Fortnite.

I feel the same way about the CoD cosmetics.

I dunno, if it makes people happy to use 'em more power to them. They wanna spend more and give the game a longer tooth as a result that's fine. The time for people to have gotten mad about cosmetics in a fully priced game probably should have been when DLCs were introduced two decades ago, the ship has sailed, etc

some of them do look pretty cool too

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Servaetes posted:

some of them do look pretty cool too

Yeah but you nor really anyone else gets to see them.

At least in fornite when I kill a kid as Ripley or the Alien I can do a dance over their corpse and they see it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Is it generally better to hold off on putting legendary aspects on things until the post game? Putting aspects on gear costing legendary mats is really limiting when I'm being miserly with salvaging my legendaries because "what if I need this aspect with a good roll for later?"

If it's literally a perfect roll on the aspect yeah maybe hold off on it but otherwise the power gain you get from putting it on something now is probably going to help you kill things faster and thus get more legendaries.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Totally unrelated and I'm sure answered at some point but are you meant to spend Obols while leveling? I was at cap after a few events so I spent down a bit and I got a few unique weapons as a result but they're obviously at like 20ish. If you dust them do you save the unique abilities like you did in D3?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I never played D3 but had played the poo poo out of D2 despite being bad at it. Where is a good place to read up on simple stuff like "how do I switch weapons as a barb", "what skills are good to have for long term", and what are the fancy words I see people in this thread using, like capstone, sigil, and techniques ?"

You don't need to learn the lingo to run the T1 cinematic leveling experience and hitting the imps with any random stick will finish the campaign. Afterwards if you want to get on the current endgame treadmill, there are only a few viable skill combos that 95% of the gold farmers and internet beggars run because the majority of skills in this game are so anemic they can be considered cosmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

ah gently caress off

just let me have all of them. I wanna have them ready to go for the post 50 grind.

TheAbortionator posted:

Also sent a request, bnet tag is lastflowers#1904

bing bang boom

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah but you nor really anyone else gets to see them.

At least in fornite when I kill a kid as Ripley or the Alien I can do a dance over their corpse and they see it.

In COD I enjoy customizing my little weapons and using my idiot skins because I like cool guns and because I like the idea of people seeing an enormously hung man dressed like a red panda or a guy who looks like Joe Biden wearing a weed themed hazmat suit before they die. In this one I enjoy tinkering with my characters so they look neat even though it's only for me, but there's limits to just how much customization you can actually do at the end of the day. I'm still happier with a character that looks good, but I'm not sure I need more than what's already in the game.