Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MisterOblivious posted:

AITA for disowning my brother when he came out as gay, because of how he's treating his wife? (self.AmItheAsshole)

AITA for punishing my son for a "harmless" prank he's pulling? (self.AmItheAsshole)

WIBTA by telling my daughter to stfu and that I wasn’t going to help her pay for her trip

1) NTA, being gay but still closeted doesn't give the brother the right to start hinting that the wife was the one being unfaithful, gently caress him in the ear for trying to use it as a shield.

2) NTA, asking people out "as a prank" is in fact not harmless and everyone who believes that it is requires a steel chair to the back of the head. That poo poo absolutely destroys a kids self esteem.

3) Ehh. ESH. Oh no, ten whole loving minutes late! At the same time that's a really weird and really severe escalation.

E: I will admit my being unsympathetic about the ten minutes probably comes from my own job where my relief some years was regularly 20-35 minutes late every goddamn shift, I could give a poo poo about only ten minutes at this point.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jun 10, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for asking my (25M) girlfriend (29F) to make my plate of food differently than she was serving to others?

quote:

So, I recently became official with the lady I’ve been dating for 6 months. We decided to have the first BBQ of the nice summer weather in our area at her place (we don’t live together currently). She decided to make steaks and baked potatoes, and I made some side salads and I also was responsible for the drinks and chips. As my girlfriend got cooking, it just panned out that she ended up plating and serving to people as her steaks finished resting. When I went over to watch her plating, I noticed she had put butter and herbs and stuff all over the steaks. My family doesn’t do this and I’ve never seen it done this way so I asked her (politely) if she would put mine aside and I would do my fixings (I just want my steak with ketchup, I’m pretty plain). Both she, her sister, and her Dad gave me very pointed looks.

Later that evening she said she felt that it was rude to the “chef” (her in this instance) to ask for my food separately and that she wished I would have just trusted her to make me a nice plate of food, and that I shouldn’t do that when I’m a guest anywhere. I fairly commonly politely ask for my food to be made differently/more plain when I’m a guest somewhere or at a restaurant because I generally prefer plain food. I didn’t think this was rude.

AITA for asking for my own food to be served differently outside my own home?

Comments are giving him a unanimous YTA for 'ketchup on steak'.

To be fair, apparently he has high functioning autism and grew up eating cheap cuts of meat, so never had 'proper' steak.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 10, 2023

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for asking my (25M) girlfriend (29F) to make my plate of food differently than she was serving to others?

Comments are giving him a unanimous YTA for 'ketchup on steak'.

Well they're right :colbert:

But seriously though, if that's how he likes it, that's how he likes it. If she wanted him to try steak as God intended, I think she should've cleared things with him first.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MisterOblivious posted:

AITA for disowning my brother when he came out as gay, because of how he's treating his wife? (self.AmItheAsshole)
Wow, even a bigger loving narcissistic piece of poo poo than my own father, spectacular. Kicking out the wife and kids is a new one though, holy poo poo, and what’s wrong with his parents that they’re letting this happen to their grandkids? Good for the wife and OP, over the years I’ve become inured to bullshit public claims that anything negative towards him is homophobic. God help them if he gets a black boyfriend.

Mom is a smart one. Every year she gave in, then enabled and covered up this nightmare would have made things worse for the end, when they become inconvenient for him.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

just because you're a guy who likes guys doesn't give you carte blanche to be an rear end in a top hat; girls who like guys don't get that privilege in the slightest after all

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
At least here the family is split.

We've had pretty much this exact scenario before, told from the ex-wive's perspective where I don't think she got any support. Also a woman whose ex-spouse came out as trans and when she said said their love could overcome the hurdle was told by the ex that they 'could never be with a dyke'. She was called transphobic for not leaving the house or asking for child support. I also want to say there was someone whose partner moved other partners into the home after coming out as poly and everyone was 'blowing up' OP's phone to call them a bigot when they wanted none of it?

I mean virtual signaling is a thing but it reads odd.

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jun 10, 2023

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bright Bart posted:

We've had pretty much this exact scenario before, told from the ex-wive's perspective where I don't think she got any support. Also a woman whose ex-spouse came out as trans and when she said said their love could overcome the hurdle was told by the ex that they 'could never be with a dyke'. She was called transphobic for not leaving the house or asking for child support. I also want to say there was someone whose partner moved other partner's into the home after coming out as poly and everyone was 'blowing up' OP's phone to call them a bigot when they wanted none of it?

People of every orientation and identity can be assholes, alas.

But one thing that will never change is clueless lesbians.

Roommate to best friend to… girlfriend?? F19 F19

quote:

REDDIT HELP ME!! Description: My freshman roommate [F19] turned best friend and I [F19] might start dating. We already signed a lease to live together next year.

I [F19] and this other girl [F19] were randomly assigned roommates our freshman year of college. We discovered we have a lot more in common than we’d thought. We think the same but also complement each other. We’ve both been through a lot of trauma but are both dedicated to working on ourselves, seeking help, and using outside support systems. We have a lot of similar interests. Over time, we got closer, and by the end of first semester I was sure she’s my best friend. We both agreed that we want to spend the rest of our lives together, in a platonic way. We talked about living down the street from each other, raising our kids together, befriending the other’s spouse, etc.

No one has ever understood me like she does. We communicate crazy well. We’ve been through a few rough spots and always make it out on the other side with compassion. We know how to avoid codependency. My parents always hoped I’d find a friend more like me; I believe wholeheartedly that she is that person. We met by chance but it feels like fate.

Like the useless lesbian I am, I’ve been suppressing a crush on her for quite a while. This has not been as issue for me or our relationship. I genuinely would be happy with her in my life platonically forever. Over the past month or two, she’s mentioned she’s figuring something out but isn’t able to tell me. (This is okay, it’s just peculiar cause she’s usually able to tell me things. I don’t mind.) She recently decided that she wants to tell me about it the next time she sees me. This week, she’s been dropping some pretty explicit hints and I have strong reason to believe that’s she’s going to confess when I see her.

We’ve slept in the same bed together, many times, and cuddled plenty, but it has NEVER gone any further than that. We both don’t feel comfortable doing anything even remotely further until we’re in a committed relationship.

I would love to be in a relationship with her. I really just want to spend the rest of my life with her in whatever way I can.

Because we lived together really well as roommates, we signed a lease on an apartment for next year. Me and her will share a bedroom, and two other girls (we’re friends with one) will share the other.

We live together really well. I lived with her completely platonically for almost an entire year. We’re currently living apart at our parents houses for the summer and our friendship has only strengthened.

I know people generally say “don’t date your roommate”. I also know that our circumstances are a little different and we’re committed to making it work no matter what.

What should I be aware of going into this so I don’t do anything young and stupid?

TL;DR: I [F19] became best friends with my college roommate [F19]. Our friendship is really healthy and we lived together well for 9 months. We might start dating. We signed a lease to live together next year. What do I need to know?

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 10, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bright Bart posted:

We've had pretty much this exact scenario before, told from the ex-wive's perspective where I don't think she got any support. Also a woman whose ex-spouse came out as trans and when she said said their love could overcome the hurdle was told by the ex that they 'could never be with a dyke'. She was called transphobic for not leaving the house or asking for child support. I also want to say there was someone whose partner moved other partners into the home after coming out as poly and everyone was 'blowing up' OP's phone to call them a bigot when they wanted none of it?

Are you thinking of the saga of Beloved, from a previous thread?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3910844&pagenumber=2094&perpage=40#post515930363

Navigating Estates, Tenancy, Discrimination, and Grief in North Carolina. [NC, Landlord/Tenant, Estates, Discrimination] [TW: Suicide]

quote:

Preamble: My Partner (masc NB) and I (cis M) are Poly, which I understand will be a dealbreaker for many people here. If you are one of them, please move on and do not add to the dogpile that is our lives, thanks. And thank you to everyone for reading my late-night ramblings and inquiries.

Background: Partner and I met our Beloved (MTF) almost a year ago—this Thursday would have been our one-year anniversary. At the time, she had just started working again, was just coming off of her probationary period, and was still shackled to her spouse (joyless cis F).

We (Partner, Beloved, and I) proceeded carefully and discretely with our courtship, because for the first months Beloved was still wholly dependent on her spouse’s insurance to cover prescriptions and procedures, but once Beloved was secure, recovered from surgery, and cleared to WFH full time we started seriously considering our futures together. Beloved ultimately agreed that the honest thing to do would be to divorce her spouse, so with the help of some of Beloved’s friends Partner and I broke the news to her spouse, served her with papers, packed up her things in the nicest suitcases she had, and helped her move out and move us in.

I wish this were simply a catty story with a happy ending, or even no ending at all. But life and love are never so easy, as I’m sure all of us here know firsthand.

Beloved’s spouse refused to agree to our terms, refused to even sign the papers Partner hand-delivered to her. I am grateful we had so many people with us when she came to our house, because I fear she would have turned violent without them, and those are both just from the first day. She hired a lawyer to fight the divorce—a “no fault” divorce, at that—and demanded Beloved buy her own house back from her (blood money). This was after she had abandoned it, let me remind you!

Beloved’s spouse refused to budge, refused to settle, refused to negotiate, barely restrained her contempt in talking to us, and I’m sure it was no coincidence that whenever her lawyer deadnamed Beloved, she very begrudgingly corrected him, as if to claim she was some woke AF Princess of Power rather than the frigid soul who had hired that troglodyte to begin with. Her virtue signaling didn’t end there either; as the months wore on, she held every mortgage payment she made above us, as though it were some kind of moral victory or virtue signaling rather than her paying for the house she supposedly wanted us to buy from her so desperately.

Beloved did not handle the stress well. At all. I suspect, but cannot prove, that this is what her spouse had intended all along. On Friday, May 1, while Partner and I were making another trip to move our things over from the old apartment, Beloved died by suicide. Before her body was even scarcely cold, her spouse had swooped in, claimed the body, and had her burned. A week later, she snuck to our house and taped a "Notice to Quit" to our door claiming that she was suddenly our landlord now and that we owed her rent—for a house she had previously demanded we buy from her. While Partner was on hold with legal aid, I checked the mail and saw an identical notice in a certified mail envelope. We burned that one; it seemed fitting.

My friends, Partner and I find ourselves in a terrifying limbo. Beloved truly despised her hateful spouse and absolutely intended to divorce her, but nothing was ever finalized because her spouse dragged her feet. Beloved clearly intended to change her will to provide for Partner and me, but never lived to do it. We are now apparently, if legal aid is to be believed, the tenants of Beloved’s would-be ex—which cannot be legal or ethical given her animosity and prejudice towards us—and we must either pay the exorbitant, usurious rent she demands or be evicted from our own house.

We are counting our small blessings that our state has put a moratorium on evictions. It isn't much, but we will take what crumbs the system throws our way. Sadly, it is due to expire on the first of the month, which mean one day we will have to face this woman in court and be her punching bags for all the world to see, because she is still so furious at a woman who is already dead.

Questions: I hardly know where to start here, but given all of the above I suppose tI have five questions, in relative order of importance:

Do we have a cause of action against Beloved's spouse for stealing and burning her body and keeping the remains from us, given that they were on an inevitable path to divorce and Beloved absolutely would not have wanted her spouse to be anywhere near her (as evidenced by initiating the divorce process)?
If Beloved's spouse is truly our landlord now, how can we prevent her from evicting us or charging us an unconscionable rent? Even granting that she somehow became a landlord, should she not honor the "implicit contract" we had with Beloved, which stipulates that we may live in and use the house as we see fit?
Is it legal to demand that your "tenants" buy their own house from you?
What would be the best way for us to challenge and defeat Beloved's will, given that she intended for us to live in our house and that her spouse abandoned it?
Do we expose ourselves to retaliatory charges if we file an ethics complaint against Beloved's spouse's attorney for deadnaming her?
Thank you all for your assistance and for keeping an open mind.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Bright Bart posted:

Edit: beaten by seconds! I was thinking of the Beloved one.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I was so confused as to why they were having those tenancy issues (why were they living in Beloved's wife's house?) but then I reread and saw that they had attempted to move Beloved's wife out at the same time as they served her papers. Then got mad that the wife wanted them to either pay rent or buy the house. :psyduck:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Runcible Cat posted:

…Partner and I broke the news to her spouse…
…refused to even sign the papers Partner hand-delivered…
…she held every mortgage payment she made above us …she snuck to our house…claiming that she was suddenly our landlord now and that we owed her rent
My first thought was “die in a fire, assuming the house is insured”.

Second thought was “drat, right-wing outrage bait got me”.

Third thought was “these feelings are exactly why I try to stay off twitter”.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3910844&pagenumber=2094&perpage=40#post515930363

Navigating Estates, Tenancy, Discrimination, and Grief in North Carolina. [NC, Landlord/Tenant, Estates, Discrimination] [TW: Suicide]

:stare:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cythereal posted:

But one thing that will never change is clueless lesbians

r/relationships: Like the useless lesbian I am might not be a bad one for Pride Month.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Runcible Cat posted:

I was thinking about this one the other day but couldn't remember keywords for it.

There was one from the spouse too, but was that fake? I can't remember.

Ah here's the whole thing

code:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BestofRedditorUpdates/comments/sdotro/the_beloved_saga/

Involuntary Sparkle fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 10, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Yeah, as a whole it comes off as blatant TERF propaganda start to finish, hitting a lot of very specific talking points of things that don't happen in the real world.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for cursing out my principal and a bitch at my school?

quote:

I had a birthday party recently. My uncle has a business with rental yachts so we used one of the yachts to go fishing and otherwise have fun. I brought my family and 10 friends. One of my friends is white and his girlfriend is half black half white or something, I don't really know or care what her racial background is. We went fishing and we got a lot of mudsharks, that's always what we called them but they're apparently more commonly known as spiny dogsharks. I was a bit dissapointed we caught so many mudsharks as opposed to what we really wanted, snappers and eels but overall we still had a great time. We got a lot of flounders which were really nice.

I posted some pics of our catch on instagram and snap chat. My friend caught a massive mudshark, biggest i've ever seen and it was only slightly smaller than the state record. He was holding it in a picture i took with his girlfriend and I wrote "biggest mudshark i've ever seen".

this bitch at my school screenshotted it and reported it to my prinicpal. She claimed this is proof I'm a massive racist. The prinicpal and counslor talked to me about racial sensitivty and not being racist. I was confused, they didn't let me talk and they didn't explain anything. Eventually, after like 10 minutes of talking to me baout how racism is bad, prinicipal shows me a printed picture of my instagram story and he asked me why i think its appropriate to use racial slurs. Apparently mudshark is a slur for someone who dates people of other races. I HAD NO IDEA THIS WAS A RACIAL SLUR. I explained that to him and he said he didn't believe me. I kept trying to convince him and he said I was lying. After 5 minutes, I was so loving pissed at this point and I told him he's a loving moron and I had no idea this was a raical slur and I don't give a poo poo if he doesn't loving believe me and he can eat poo poo. I walked out and he yelled at me saying im going to get suspended or expelled if i don't return to his office and I told him to go gently caress himself. I saw the girl who reported me and I approached he and she walked away so I walked faster and I told her she's a massive loving oval office and that I had no idea it was a racial slur and I hope she gets cancer. She started crying as she ran away.

Prinicipal called my parents about this, my mom was angry and my dad didn't care. They called a parent teacher conference and the prinicpal said he accepts what I said was true, my uncle and his fishing buddies actually called the prinicipal and explained mudsharks are what these fish are called. Principal told me I need to write an apology letter to the girl, I told him no and I don't care. He theratened to hold my diploma back but it doesn't matter, I'm studying in Europe and I'm already accepted there. My mom is telling me to cooperate and my dad told me to do what I want. Should i apologize or no?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cowslips Warren posted:

you missed one spoiler, near the all-caps, and l o l

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Cowslips Warren posted:

When OP said he didn't care what the girlfriend's racial makeup was and I saw the spoilered word, I thought for sure OP was going to be an rear end in a top hat for getting the "funny" idea to refer to his friend by that term.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

He theratened to hold my diploma back but it doesn't matter, I'm studying in Europe and I'm already accepted there

You, uh, might want to read the fine print on your European study program. Also go to anger management

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

haveblue posted:

You, uh, might want to read the fine print on your European study program. Also go to anger management

Schools can't legally withhold diplomas or arbitrarily decide that people can't graduate when all of the required criteria have been fulfilled, excepting cases where the school is owed money. They can tell you not to show up at the ceremony, but they can't just decide that you are never graduating.

That said, the principal is a moron and OP is right to be pissed, as accusations like this can ruin reputations and lives. This is why you get the facts before jumping to conclusions.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

The_Franz posted:

That said, the principal is a moron and OP is right to be pissed, as accusations like this can ruin reputations and lives. This is why you get the facts before jumping to conclusions.

lol OP reacting the way they did is causing more harm to their reputation than the principal and the girl by a mile

edit: clarified

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jun 10, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ominous Jazz posted:

lol OP reacting the way they did is causing more harm than the principal and the girl by a mile

What harm?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Biplane posted:

What harm?

to their reputation

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd believe a lot more of these are fake if it weren't for how it's been a trend to find the most ridiculous reasons to accuse someone of being racist and immediately escalate to full court press for at least a decade by now among the most extremely online, and the most extremely online is now indistinguishable from real life.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Biplane posted:

What harm?

they have no ~*~decorum~*~

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

From r/offmychest:
I stabbed the kiddie pool

quote:

I told my husband that the kiddie pool needed to go. He insisted he could wash it. It’s green with slime and swarming with tadpoles and who knows what microorganisms. It will never be clean again, never clean enough for our toddler to play in. He wanted to use it for the summer. The whole summer. Taking up and ruining my whole patio. So I stabbed it this morning, a tiny nick and it slowly deflated. I feel good that there are a few inches of water for the tadpoles to hurry up and develop into frogs. I feel a little bit guilty for lying to my husband. His immediate reaction was to ask me if I ran out there and stabbed it. I laughed and said no. But I did. I stabbed the kiddie pool.

Well done, OP.

Comments:

quote:

I know he knows. And he knows I know he knows. And everyone is glad the situation is over without further discussion.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Reddit is calling YTA for calling the other girl the c-word but the escalation really was stupid to do.

poo poo I've heard of mudpuppies being another word for axolotls or salamanders. Stop using cool animal common names for racist poo poo!

AITA for being "racist" to my BIL?

quote:

My sister's husband (M27) (F25) "leo" is black, and he is homophobic. Leo always refused to talk to me because I (m20) am bisexual, so it's always awkward on family event, holiday, etc. Also, he's always disrespect my boyfriend (m22). Yesterday was my mother's birthday and she wanted all the family. i didn't really want to see Leo, but i did that for my mom. Everything was fine, until Leo still found a way to talk about my relationship, he just dump a "if we were in the 19th century, you would be burned like hell" I answered "if we were in the 19th, you would be a slave" Now my family calls me a a$$ and my mom says her birthday was ruined and my sister don't talk to me My boyfriend understand me but if he finds me harsh AITA?

Lots of ESH but I go with "don't start poo poo if you can't take poo poo."

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Boyfriend painted the largest possible target on himself and walked right into that one.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Those sure are stories that give the OP "one weird trick" to make being racist ok.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Obviously fake poo poo that makes it okay to be racist in this one weird situation is kind of a staple for these subreddits.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
My stepbrother is a black guy who went hard MAGA and had things to say at a family event a few years ago about how homophobic slurs are "just words", so those people are definitely out there.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

everyone loves an excuse to punch down, i guess

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

MisterOblivious posted:

Look, I know you're not supposed to out people but there are exceptions to every rule.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

8one6 posted:

Look, I know you're not supposed to out people but there are exceptions to every rule.

I feel like you could at least post a reply like "quit implying that your wife cheated, and either tell the truth or shut up about it."

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

The_Franz posted:

Schools can't legally withhold diplomas or arbitrarily decide that people can't graduate when all of the required criteria have been fulfilled, excepting cases where the school is owed money. They can tell you not to show up at the ceremony, but they can't just decide that you are never graduating.

Many years ago, when my brother was back in high school, he and his friends had a thing about calling shotgun. They’d argue about when it was appropriate or too early too call shotgun before they all piled into one of their cars to go to the batting cages.

One morning my brother, the class valedictorian and homecoming king, got called into the principle’s office because the yard duty lady had found the note he left on a friend’s car: “it’s 8:45am. [Brother] has shotgun.”

The principal and the yard duty could not believe that he was not, in fact, letting his friend know that he had a twelve gauge stowed away somewhere by leaving a note on his windshield but was actually claiming the front passenger seat of his friend’s car.

Mind you this was 1990, long before columbine or sandy hook.

They held my brother in the principle’s office and grilled him, threatening him with arrest and all kinds of bullshit until they made him call mom, at which point she stormed down there and raised five kinds of hell, threatening fire and brimstone, at which point they immediately backpedaled and admitted that maybe they overreacted “a bit.”

Mr Principal, you were a total fuckface. For this and so many other reasons, including the fact that you just hated kids.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

From r/offmychest:
I stabbed the kiddie pool

"I'm gonna stab one of two things in this relationship, it's up to you which one"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Captain Hygiene posted:

"I'm gonna stab one of two things in this relationship, it's up to you which one"

You've got two knives, why not both?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Knives are not a single-use item.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cowslips Warren posted:

Reddit is calling YTA for calling the other girl the c-word but the escalation really was stupid to do.

poo poo I've heard of mudpuppies being another word for axolotls or salamanders. Stop using cool animal common names for racist poo poo!

Mudpuppies and mud sharks are animals. A casual googling finds no mention of either as a slur. It’s either an extremely online thing or made up/assumed thing to use them like that.

But it’s cool. If one person decides someone secret racist language these days the new social protocol appears tot be that we give it up and cede it to bigots. No problem with that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

therobit posted:

Mudpuppies and mud sharks are animals. A casual googling finds no mention of either as a slur. It’s either an extremely online thing or made up/assumed thing to use them like that.

There's evidence of it being used that way starting around '98. It is not common, and perfectly innocent usages tend to outweigh the bad ones pretty heavily, but it si far from impossible that the principal in this case googled an unfamilar term and found the racist definition.