Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
five consecutive road playoff wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what an embarassment, heat should just concede imo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
ONE MORE

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

what an embarassment, heat should just concede imo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bruce Brown is really good

Not undrafted enough to merit much discussion since he's merely a 2nd rounder tho

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

no player broke 30 points tonight even i could see the defense was great

make or miss league, strus and vincent missed. strus did not score at all but vincent overall was worse.

had to punish denver for going small when Jokic sat and instead miami got punished by Bruce Brown

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1667378936492470274

Nothing beside remains

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
scott foster for prison

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

AnimeIsTrash posted:

euph you dumb stupid bitch how does it feel to get ufcked in the rear end by the joker

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m fine

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

I’m fine

dang

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He never misses.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I had been thinking even before this playoffs that recent nba rules changes and referee biases (corruption?) has tended to deprecate the importance of centers. I didn’t expect to see a center less team breeze through the playoffs quite so soon. I was thinking in another 5 years or so it would be possible

but change is change and I am ok with that. I will update my models

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
jokic is the best Center of the decade and embiid is a bum. no model can account for watching a 7 footer give up for no reason

they also beat the three teams that get more foul whistles with premier centers. it’s over

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
if you were right that means Bruce brown was better than Kevin durant, lebron james and jimmy butler

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I said I’m updating my models !!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

skipmyseashells posted:

if you were right that means Bruce brown was better than Kevin durant, lebron james and jimmy butler

I think it’s more that jokic was a better point guard than any of their point guards

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zion when he discovers bbls:

euphronius posted:

I will update my models

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s jsut hard to know if this is a fluke year or a larger trend

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Jokic pushed Caleb Martin's poo poo in (or whoever was defending them) in a way that I'd suggest is Shaq-esque, wouldn't say the center is dead yet. (And if it is, the Warriors are the ones who killed it.)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

warriors had lots of centers.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius posted:

Dirk quite literally did the same thing.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

they're playing the 8th seed from the Eastern conference, which held the NBA finals in the second round

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Dirk quite literally did the same thing.

Tyson Chandler erasure

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

Tyson Chandler erasure

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Jokic has proven to be a top five defensive center in the playoffs. maybe top two.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

euphronius posted:

I said I’m updating my models !!!

update your ideas of what positions are and what they mean

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

kingcobweb posted:

Jokic has proven to be a top five defensive center in the playoffs. maybe top two.

he's definitely stepped up defensively in these playoffs in a way he didn’t the past two. it's a solid development

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

I had been thinking even before this playoffs that recent nba rules changes and referee biases (corruption?) has tended to deprecate the importance of centers. I didn’t expect to see a center less team breeze through the playoffs quite so soon. I was thinking in another 5 years or so it would be possible

but change is change and I am ok with that. I will update my models

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Denver Nuggets aren't the beneficiaries of referee bias.

Jokic also has an incredible inside scoring game, in addition to his passing. If Embiid had even a fraction of his touch and creativity around the rim he wouldn't need to do his South Tower routine every time he finds a capable defender between himself and the basket.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ARAR

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

no one doubts jokic is great on offense

he’s probably the best point guard in the league

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the Denver Nuggets aren't the beneficiaries of referee bias.

Jokic is absolutely getting the superstar no-call this series. as he should, but let's not pretend it isn't happening. he's giving forearm shivers to players' blindsides

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
did you see the offensive foul they called on him where bam flopped lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

was a good flop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

update your ideas of what positions are and what they mean

I don’t think those need updated

just the relative weights

the recent success of jokic this spring might be showing that centers are not as valuable as they once were . they are not the top of the value list. maybe

it might be that two way wings are more valuable

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Jokic is absolutely getting the superstar no-call this series. as he should, but let's not pretend it isn't happening. he's giving forearm shivers to players' blindsides

Heat have been getting a relatively favorable whistle all series, including getting Jokic in a lot of foul trouble. Jokic has not been getting an AD or Luka level whistle, although he certainly gets a star player whistle. I think Butler is actually getting the most favorable ref treatment in this particular series.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I definitely agree with that

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Stevie Lee posted:

Tyson Chandler erasure

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Vox Nihili posted:

Heat have been getting a relatively favorable whistle all series, including getting Jokic in a lot of foul trouble. Jokic has not been getting an AD or Luka level whistle, although he certainly gets a star player whistle. I think Butler is actually getting the most favorable ref treatment in this particular series.

Bam almost got Jokic ejected for nothing last game. I don't know how you watch the games, and think that the nuggets are the ones getting the good calls.

Also Lowry did some classic Lowry things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009