Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

FAUXTON posted:

They owned the poo poo out of a lot of folks in Miami's city government iirc

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the FTX arena has been hastily renamed the Kaseya Center

kaseya is a software company so miami-local it does not have a wikipedia page, although the time it was pwned by REvil does

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slćgt skal fřlge slćgters gang

haveblue posted:

the FTX arena has been hastily renamed the Kaseya Center

wonder what that is,

*looks to the right* lmao

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65861495

quote:

An FBI-wanted former spy and trusted adviser to the fugitive "Missing Cryptoqueen" has disappeared.

Frank Schneider, 53, was under house arrest in France awaiting extradition to the US.

But like his former boss Ruja Ignatova, he has gone missing before facing US justice.

Those jeans, ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-JEUwnDhk&t=849s

lol, can't do business with americans? just have them say they're from the proud and ancient nation of "Crypto"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

FAUXTON posted:

They owned the poo poo out of a lot of folks in Miami's city government iirc

:newlol:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lmao just straight up exiting the market

bye, leeches

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
coinbase
coinbottom
coin...butt?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
coinbird

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

conbutt

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Boxturret posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l-JEUwnDhk&t=849s

lol, can't do business with americans? just have them say they're from the proud and ancient nation of "Crypto"

this guy looks a lot like your avatar to me, is this you? c/d

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Carthag Tuek posted:

this guy looks a lot like your avatar to me, is this you? c/d

wow, out of all the insults I've received in my life no one has before accused me of being from texas

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

wow, out of all the insults I've received in my life no one has before accused me of being from texas

hey you

ur from texas

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Boxturret posted:

sorry, i did not realize :(

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

hey you

ur from texas

:mods:

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Boxturret posted:

what is "AI"? what is the function of ""dynamical systems"?

AI, or Artificial Intelligence, refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think and learn like humans. It is a broad field of computer science that encompasses various approaches, techniques, and algorithms that enable machines to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence. These tasks include speech recognition, decision-making, problem-solving, learning, planning, and more.

Artificial Intelligence can be categorized into two types: Narrow AI and General AI. Narrow AI refers to AI systems designed for specific tasks and domains, such as image recognition or language translation. General AI, on the other hand, refers to AI systems that possess human-level intelligence and can understand, learn, and apply knowledge across different domains.

Dynamical systems, in the context of mathematics and physics, refer to systems that change over time. They are mathematical models that describe the behavior of objects or processes that evolve continuously. Dynamical systems can be represented by equations that govern how the state of a system changes in response to various factors or inputs.

Dynamical systems theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the behavior of dynamical systems and their properties. It explores concepts such as stability, chaos, attractors, bifurcations, and phase transitions. Dynamical systems theory is used in various scientific disciplines, including physics, biology, economics, and engineering, to understand and predict the behavior of complex systems. It also has applications in AI and machine learning, particularly in the study of neural networks and reinforcement learning algorithms.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

vortmax posted:

AI, or Artificial Intelligence, refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think and learn like humans. It is a broad field of computer science that encompasses various approaches, techniques, and algorithms that enable machines to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence. These tasks include speech recognition, decision-making, problem-solving, learning, planning, and more.

Artificial Intelligence can be categorized into two types: Narrow AI and General AI. Narrow AI refers to AI systems designed for specific tasks and domains, such as image recognition or language translation. General AI, on the other hand, refers to AI systems that possess human-level intelligence and can understand, learn, and apply knowledge across different domains.

Dynamical systems, in the context of mathematics and physics, refer to systems that change over time. They are mathematical models that describe the behavior of objects or processes that evolve continuously. Dynamical systems can be represented by equations that govern how the state of a system changes in response to various factors or inputs.

Dynamical systems theory is a branch of mathematics that studies the behavior of dynamical systems and their properties. It explores concepts such as stability, chaos, attractors, bifurcations, and phase transitions. Dynamical systems theory is used in various scientific disciplines, including physics, biology, economics, and engineering, to understand and predict the behavior of complex systems. It also has applications in AI and machine learning, particularly in the study of neural networks and reinforcement learning algorithms.

:wrong:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

vortmax posted:

actually, you're wrong

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Coinbase? Coincringe!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Coinbase? Coincringe!

:eyepop:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
sure is great that we just let these crypto companies get away with everything for years and years, run superbowl ads, altogether destroying the livelihoods of tens of thousands if not hundreds, and then after all the fallout only went after them very recently

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

tbf the lol numbers kept going up

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbf the lol numbers kept going up

my investment in the Laffchain continues to pay out consistently

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Paladinus posted:

Coinbase? Coincringe!

mi coinbaes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Carthag Tuek posted:

wonder what that is,

*looks to the right* lmao

Kaseya rear end goodbye

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ram7bHbZxI

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

vortmax posted:

my investment in the Laffchain continues to pay out consistently

Crypto economics: explained by the laugher curve

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/binance-coinbase-sec-investigation-crypto-1234768202/

New piece about the SEC lawsuits by Molly White for Rolling Stone, in case anybody needed a recap of what's going on

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://twitter.com/MikeBurgersburg/status/1667527022736801796

kind of expected them to do this but it's still funny

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Funds are SAFU (something acquired from u)

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
funds are SAFU (we have renamed binance coin to SAFU because of how safu it is)

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i'm gonna be so mad if BNB isn't Bison Bucks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/infinite_eddy/status/1667227739177484288?s=20

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

but what about the immutable ledger?????? how can they just change what coins i have??????? SATOSHIIIIIIIIIII

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

i'm gonna be so mad if BNB isn't Bison Bucks

It's BeaNie Babies

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Powershift posted:

It's BeaNie Babies

oh my god the value can only go up!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

NYT has a write-up of the 3AC guys and what they did while 3AC was collapsing.

https://archive.is/Wh7cn

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

remember when real celebrities went on actual broadcast television to show off their ugly cartoon apes? that's a thing that happened, in real life!

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

gschmidl posted:

NYT has a write-up of the 3AC guys and what they did while 3AC was collapsing.

https://archive.is/Wh7cn

so they’re online poker guys who started off by going to Argentina assuming that regular people in Argentina would just speak English

after this whole thing failed they seem to be in Thailand making “grandiose pronouncements” and “talking the entire length of calls” while drinking and partying a lot

so I can take some futures bets: is Thailand a country where you can buy citizenship/how likely is it when they get criminally charged they get dragged back to the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Boxturret posted:

remember when real celebrities went on actual broadcast television to show off their ugly cartoon apes? that's a thing that happened, in real life!
coining is just sorta pre- and post-slurp juice for me now