Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tai posted:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1667584099630866438

A person too old for conscription calls for conscription

We will win in any case, he says. Beautiful dream, but it'll just remain a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

TulliusCicero posted:

A country totally on the verge of total victory, and not at all terrified of complete military collapse

Are Russians still invading Russians around Belgorod as all this poo poo is happening?

I understand the blackout on info but is there any news of Ukranian gains this last few days?

There's a lot of conflicting information. We might as well wait and see how things materialize.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Alexey__Kovalev/status/1667478856985346049?s=20

:hmmyes:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

this is a man saying war bad in a place where his voice matters

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I would like it to be known that Ireland's Clare Daly and Mick Flynn are regarded as either gullible idiots, or paid for stooges by literally every person of any flavor of a leftist, centrist or rightwing persuasion in Ireland, barring those who are committed to defending Russia at every point.

They are widely regarded as a loving national embarrassment.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm kicking my rear end. Do you mind?????

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Snowy posted:

They later said it was heading to Aberdeen

They didn't say that, people deciphered the transfer paperwork taped to it that said it was going to Aberdeen.

This is normal, by the way. I think it's standard policy that when the US "acquires" materiel in a manner that is not approved by the original owner of that materiel, they will not acknowledge that they did it, even when it's blindingly obvious that they did.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm kicking my rear end. Do you mind?????

Maybe :wink:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tuna-Fish posted:

They didn't say that, people deciphered the transfer paperwork taped to it that said it was going to Aberdeen.

This is normal, by the way. I think it's standard policy that when the US "acquires" materiel in a manner that is not approved by the original owner of that materiel, they will not acknowledge that they did it, even when it's blindingly obvious that they did.

For aircraft they don't even bother hiding it. The US has a lot of Soviet jets that they use to train American pilots with as OPFOR

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

HonorableTB posted:

For aircraft they don't even bother hiding it. The US has a lot of Soviet jets that they use to train American pilots with as OPFOR

does russia have western/NATO/American planes and fly them around for fun sometimes too or is that just a US thing?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the US needed flying targets and someone needed a dacha

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tankies be like: "How's this fair, how can we spin the illegal invasion of POCCNR as being justified when they won't even let us do it!!!!!!!!!"
:qqsay:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

"shipborne MLRS"??? I didn't think such a term existed.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Dick Bastardly posted:

does russia have western/NATO/American planes and fly them around for fun sometimes too or is that just a US thing?

It wouldn't surprise me but I don't know. Before this war I would have said it would be baffling if Russia didn't, but now it just seems par for the course.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/666_mancer/status/1667415893557628930
https://twitter.com/666_mancer/status/1667635860123123712
Russians be like "XAXAXA Leopard out of action"
Ukrainians be like "why did you waste a kamikaze drone on a mockup"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Rybar

Having analyzed the photos and videos posted in the Net, Rybar's team made a map of losses of the AFU equipment in the Zaporizhzhia direction over the past few days.

A total of 77 tanks, BMPs, APCs, and armored vehicles of the enemy in the areas near Orekhovo and Vremievka were taken out of action by Russian servicemen. The list includes only those vehicles whose destruction or destruction is confirmed by open sources: in reality there are clearly more.

What footage??? All I keep seeing is the same tank+bradleys from 50 angles! If russia had blown up 77 vehicles, this poo poo would be plastered all over telegram

zone
Dec 6, 2016

"In reality there are clearly more" then where are they? :dumb:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, I don't know what to tell you, its so clear I shouldn't have to explain it, so I won't.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

HonorableTB posted:

The ones they have now are legally purchased from their legal owners.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

The US has a lot of Soviet jets that they use to train American pilots with as OPFOR

poo poo, you can buy Soviet jets at Walmart in the US. Ammo for them is very restricted though.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Back during the Cold War, the US did a lot to try hiding that they had Soviet kit. The stolen acquired fighters were designated YF-110 through YF-114 to disguise them as part of the old Century Series designation (later used to disguise stealth prototypes as captured study aircraft, hence the designation F-117), and were never publicly acknowledged.

Now the ones in use were openly acquired on the public market, or from ex-Soviet allies. Also technically not owned by the US government - they're operated by civilian contractors.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://youtu.be/gne7beWy8fU

Never a bad time for this

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

HonorableTB posted:

those programs were highly secret for a while. I recommend Red Eagles: America's Secret MiGs (Steve Davies) for more information on the subject, the early recoveries were really interesting and are tied up in the history of Area 51.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

tiaz posted:

those programs were highly secret for a while. I recommend Red Eagles: America's Secret MiGs (Steve Davies) for more information on the subject, the early recoveries were really interesting and are tied up in the history of Area 51.

Ooh excellent, I'll check that out. I didn't know about the secrecy, since I've been alive it's been an open thing (born in 1990)

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gnoman posted:

Back during the Cold War, the US did a lot to try hiding that they had Soviet kit. The stolen acquired fighters were designated YF-110 through YF-114 to disguise them as part of the old Century Series designation (later used to disguise stealth prototypes as captured study aircraft, hence the designation F-117), and were never publicly acknowledged.

Now the ones in use were openly acquired on the public market, or from ex-Soviet allies. Also technically not owned by the US government - they're operated by civilian contractors.

There were some fun accounts after Vietnam when Soviet MiG dudes fought trophy F-5's from former South Vietnam in practice duels and realized "just turn against it" doesn't work for everything.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/ukraine_map/status/1667677460433977347?s=20

Lower than expected casualties for armored spearheads. Muuuuch lower.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm more surprised that it accounts for 7% of their stock.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tarkus posted:

I'm more surprised that it accounts for 7% of their stock.

Western deliveries weren't THAT numerous, which is another reason why it's so funny that Russians are all up in arms about taking out a wonderwaffen. Like chill ivan conscriptovich, they only got 18 Leos sent in total

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

HonorableTB posted:

Western deliveries weren't THAT numerous, which is another reason why it's so funny that Russians are all up in arms about taking out a wonderwaffen. Like chill ivan conscriptovich, they only got 18 Leos sent in total

Yeah, so destroying that one Leo means that they've taken out 1/18th of NATO's military power.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
To follow up on that, each individual Leo 2 is better than anything Russia can field at the moment, but they only got sent 18. I think there were even fewer Challenger 2s sent to Ukraine, and no Abrams yet at all. That means that Ukraine's been whipping Russian rear end for a year now with the same Soviet tanks Russia's using. The western tanks are just an added bonus on top of it; Ukraine's been doing plenty of damage without them. Crowing about the destruction of one Leo and the mobility kill of a 2nd (until it's repaired) along with some Bradley kills is laughable. Like cool, good job Russia. While you were doing that you lost another two villages to infantry dismounting from a BTR-2 and supported by a T-80. What now?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

At this location, Ukrainians seem to have opened a 30km front per other channels. So a few good things happening. I expect tomorrow, Russian sources will claim that it cost Ukraine nearly their entire army. And that was the 4th army they were using as the previous 3 were destroyed. They'll have to reconstitute again! Probably with Poles, and other gay mercenaries.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1667662603579957248

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Tuna-Fish posted:

It seems like they did say that? :shrug: idk

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/pentagon-gives-statement-on-russian-t-90-tank-left-at-truck-stop

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

the popes toes posted:

At this location, Ukrainians seem to have opened a 30km front per other channels. So a few good things happening. I expect tomorrow, Russian sources will claim that it cost Ukraine nearly their entire army. And that was the 4th army they were using as the previous 3 were destroyed. They'll have to reconstitute again! Probably with Poles, and other gay mercenaries.

Naw, all the poles died in the second army. Fortunately we still have plenty of gay gas, so we should be able to make as many homonazi armies as we need!

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

the popes toes posted:

Maybe Putin should just call everyone back home and have Russian ice cream at home.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

the holy poopacy posted:

Yeah, so destroying that one Leo means that they've taken out 1/18th of NATO's military power.

Wrap it up, Hatoailures

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Last week they destroyed 18 NATO armies, this week 1/18th. That doesn't seem to bode well. But I guess it's more notable this time because it was just lies before.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Who knows how this will play out but I think it’s fairly safe to say that if Russia had managed any decisive crushing wins they would be unable to resist posting video evidence of it from 5 different angles. The fact that so far all they’ve been showing is that one leopard/Bradley pile up is pretty telling.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tankies be like "anything other than 100% of your materiel not being destroyed means you're losing the war :downs:"

Me, clutching my pearl necklace: Tanks, being destroyed???? NO THIS CANNOT BE, I'VE CHOSEN THE WROOONG SIIIIIIIIIIIIDE :cry:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I expected every piece of western armor to come back in BETTER condition [fatherishly]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1667648741740892161?s=20