Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Schurik posted:

Huh. That one felt the most unfinished out of these, wonder what made them finish so fast.

If you haven't been following the beta branch they just pushed 6 months worth of updates on to the stable build a couple weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Diebrary arrives with a Demo and Async Multiplayer Narrative potential and some clever twists alongside the unhinged energies:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1619420/Diebrary/

quote:

Enter the Diebrary! Test your reflexes and wit in this fast-paced arena roguelike, where you must fight through thousands of enemies to make it out alive. Choose upgrades and power-ups to increase your chances of survival, then vote on new twists to spice up your next run!

Choose 1 of 5 main characters, each equipped with their own unique abilities and skills!
Who will help you defeat the evil hordes?
The Elph? The Cone Dog? Or the Barbarian?

With 7 primary weapons, and 12 secondary weapons - things will start to get hectic, real quick.
A wand, a spear, a bow and a boomerang will make you mow smoothly through thousands of enemies.
Test and experiment to find the perfect combination.

Enemies beware!
Early in the game you will stumble upon a caged pet.
They’re surprisingly powerful Allies in your fight with hordes of foes!
Plus, they're pretty darn cute.

Unlock boosts with the currency you gain during every run to make your Character stronger.
Temporary boosts stay with you for the run, perks unlocked in the perk store help you get farther in the game.
And if you'd like to try something new, you can always refund and shuffle your boosts as you wish!

Play the same Story in async multiplayer with your friends and vote on how the Story evolves at the end of each Chapter!
There are over 50 Plot Twists to throw in the mix, you'll find something different each run!
Story Twists
When playing together with friends, each of you can play through every Chapter solo, and then place your votes for Plot Twists at the end.
After the voting ends, a Plot Twist is chosen and takes effect for ALL players in the Story!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dis astranagant posted:

If you haven't been following the beta branch they just pushed 6 months worth of updates on to the stable build a couple weeks ago.

At some point all my progress from a year ago was wiped :rip:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Monsters 'til Midnight gets auto-aim support and the start of essentially making most everything just better or work better, sequentially:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2157250/view/3693561465126523649

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

this is not a drill: spellbook demonslayers just dropped a beta update https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2007530/view/3705945730849445022

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Actually got around to playing Soulstone Survivors and I think it's not for me. Partially this is because I am a finicky consumer, but my main complaint is that it's just too visually busy, which seems to line up with what people were saying elsewhere. I can see how it would be super fun though!

Will probably just go back and spend the money on more survives in its place unless it turns out that I really can't stand any of them except VS.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You may like Army of Ruin, it's visually pretty without ever going overboard.

Personally I like how frantic SSS gets but yeah the transparency slider isn't great as a solution

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
My issues with Soulstone Survivors:

The transparency slider affects not just your attacks, but also the enemy's. Usually not a huge problem because the red circles are still there when an attack is starting up, but it still removes information I would rather it didn't.

The swing between the damage normal enemies or even elites do versus bosses is absurd. Like, if you could sit in a pool of normal enemies without killing them, it would take them at least a minute to kill my non-"tanky" characters, a small group of elites you could handle intentionally taking hits to handle an irl distraction for a couple seconds, but bosses seem to, with most of their attacks, one-shot most characters and two-shot "tanky" ones. I'm not sure that I've ever been killed by anything other than a boss in this game.

Because of the above, combined with the relative rarity and lack of efficacy of healing, building off of defensive skills like HP, armor, or DR seems like a trap. Using the paladin and getting the skill that puts down a field that will pop a tiny little 7 hp heal after 3 seconds of waiting not only tanks your damage, but likely won't help heal even chip damage from the elites because the field will quickly be filled with enemy attack circles, even with area pumped up.

If there's any feedback for Block chance activating, I can't see it.

You can never get the VS feeling of getting so strong that you can just take a break and sit still, since most enemy attacks seem to be fireballs or pools of damaging material that outlast enemy death.

The game never makes it clear if there's a good reason to go into the blue portal besides "I want to end this run early," or if there's a reason to choose purple over red.

Still generally find it pretty fun, despite my complaints.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Yeah, Soulstone Survivors is loads of fun but it's definitely fallen off past the honeymoon phase. I do wish that there were more variety in the skills on offer in that game, but constantly just dropping screenwide death is always a nice dopamine hit. I do agree that it should be possible to ramp to the point where you can just sit back for a bit, to be sure. Most of these games don't quite let you get to that point and that's one of, like, THE things that makes Vampire Survivors so good.

In related news, is it just me or do the enemies in the third level of Halls of Torment have waaaaay too much HP? I started a run in there and the guards that start the level near you took a lot of whittling down before even one of them died.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
A solo newcomer with a demo: RAD Survivor

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2298180/RAD_Survivor/

quote:

Cartoon rougelite survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

It's post-apocalyptic fun times in this 'bullet heaven' action rouguelite.
Destroy screen-filling hordes of mutated wildlife, absorb their radioactive guts and become an overpowered freak of the wasteland!

KEY FEATURES
- unlock an ever growing list of powerful mutations and permanent upgrades
- experiment with unique combinations of powers to craft your ultimate freak
- survive the radiated desert, battling both hunger and thirst along with the mutated fauna
- discover unique interactive elements scattered across the wasteland, including fallout shelters for saving your game mid-run.
-Interactive environment - Set off unexploded nukes, ride a two headed cow, light tumbleweeds on fire, eat totally legal mushrooms & praise the sun
-Dynamic soundtrack - Different instruments move in and out of the mix based on gameplay events (Kinda rudimentary for now, more to add)
-Bonkers Mutations - Every power/mutation in the game has a 'bonkers' form to unlock after enough kills. For example, the Chicken Butt mutation allows you to lay explosive eggs, but once unlocked, 1/100 eggs or so will hatch a redneck in a chicken suit that kicks enemies offscreen for 1,000,000 damage before flying back to his home planet.
-Vampires - Actual vampires.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Unless I am mistaken there isn't a demo for that RAD Survivor anymore. Or at least clicking on the steampage for the Demo lists no demo and just the option to wishlist.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
It is doing that thing which sometimes happens where the link lives over on the right column above the supported languages and whatnot instead of the center of the page proper.

In other happenings, Survivors of the Dawn's demo got overhauled and added a Survival(!) mode:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2285630/view/3691309665317715756

quote:

💥Survival Mode activated.
💥Red Pill added: life regenerating pick-ups that can drop when the player breaks orange crystals.
💥Blue Pill added: pick-up that pulls the XPs towards the player, which may fall when they break the orange crystals.
💥New bosses have been added to the game, with a total of 4 different bosses.
💥New enemies joined the party.
💥Bounty Drops added: bosses now drop bounty drops when they die.
💥The player's main weapon: a shotgun, can now be upgraded, increasing its range and projectile count.
💥Auto-shooting added.
💥Auto-shooting toggle option added.

FIXED
💥In-game shake on/off bug fixed.
💥The problem with the volume changing after adjusting the volume in options fixed.
💥An issue with critical damager buffs on powerups fixed.
💥A bug when the menu screen opens during the upgrade screen fixed.

CHANGES
💥Item and weapon variety will increase in the upcoming updates; until then, some changes on synergies were made to motivate creating different types of builds, all active and passive weapons have a synergy class now.
💥In-Game music changes.
💥Damage pop-up animations improved, and critical damages more clear now.

BALANCE
💥All enemy health-damage stats reworked.
💥Dash cooldown time shortened.
💥Player walking speed increased.
💥Power-Up prices updated.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

VS update coming tomorrow

https://twitter.com/poncle_soft/status/1668020551871344643

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
...Ya'll want one of them Officially Licensed P&P Interpretations? This has to be a record on par with Renfield.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2388460/Pathfinder_Gallowspire_Survivors/ Sometime this year

quote:

Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors is a new roguelite survivor game set in the beloved fantasy world of Pathfinder. Venture into Gallowspire, Pathfinder’s legendary tower of darkness, as one of three heroes — and alongside a fearless companion — on a doomed quest to seal away the greatest threat the world has ever known. Slay hordes of enemies, upgrade your arsenal of spells and weapons, overcome deadly bosses, and seal away the ultimate darkness!
Venture into the Dungeons of Golarion: Gallowspire
Enter Gallowspire - the legendary tower of darkness in Pathfinder's world of Golarion. Here, the lich-emperor Tar-Baphon, one of Golarion’s most ancient and powerful villains, remains sealed away while plotting his inevitable return. But as the wards that contain him begin to fail, three fearless heroes will rise to the occasion, condemning themselves to the hopeless task of venturing into Gallowspire's depths to defeat Tar-Baphon and repair the wards that seal him away.

Reaching Tar-Baphon will be no simple task: The Whispering Tyrant’s legion of undead and fiends stand between the heroes and their destination — with a diverse array of powers which will challenge their prowess at every turn.

But even then, one victory won’t be enough to seal the Lich away forever. The heroes must face him many times to forestall his return for as long as possible. And when the heroes fall, they rise again, ever stronger… to face Gallowspire's hordes once more, for as long as it takes.

Run the Gauntlet
Delve into battle against an overwhelming horde of diverse and foul enemies, featuring a plethora of unique attributes and types. Then face Gallowspire’s deadly bosses, each featuring their own array of vile powers and tricks. You’ll need to defeat them all in a single adventure to claim victory.

Three Heroes Step Forth
Prepare your three legendary heroes who shall stand together against the tower’s darkness:

The Fighter - a paragon of defense, strength, and martial skill. With an arsenal of diverse and deadly weapons at their disposal and their gleaming shield raised in defense, they are deadly from afar, and even deadlier up close.

The Rogue - Cunning, agile, and elusive. They don’t want a fair fight, and will use anything they can get their hands on, be it martial or magical, to annihilate their foes and exploit their weaknesses.

The Wizard - An offensive powerhouse and glass cannon. Their array of spells let them determine how to keep their foes at a distance, whether it be by lightning, ice, fire, or freezing time itself.

Choose Your Companion
You won’t have to face the darkness alone. Choose one of your other heroes to join your main hero as a companion while adventuring. They will stand alongside you on the battlefield, offering protection and firepower.

Your companions will be as powerful as you have grown them to be. Level up all of your characters to always have a powerful ally ready to assist you for the challenges ahead. You’ll need all the help you can get, after all…

Customize Your Progression
Absorb the necromantic essence animating your foes to increase your power during adventures, and use Tar-Baphon’s dark magic against him!
Customize the progression of your character with unique talents, weapons, and spells available to each class, inspired by the ruleset of Pathfinder RPG.

Choose your powers carefully to build up an unstoppable arsenal that can stand a chance against the deadly trials of Gallowspire. Improve your weapons, spells, and passives to incredible levels of power and destruction.
Freely distribute your attribute points in any of the Pathfinder’s iconic Attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

Collectible Loot
Collect treasure during your adventure by exploring the dungeon and opening hidden treasure chests. Roll the d20 and let fate decide whether you will find your fortune.

Use gold to permanently upgrade consumables like potions that can heal your wounds or grant powerful but temporary spell-like effects.

Deep Replayability
Venture into procedurally generated levels across four distinct biomes, each featuring unique foes and challenges.

Five levels of difficulty await those who seek an even more vicious challenge. And with greater challenge comes greater reward…

Remember, a lich is never defeated for long. Defeating the Whispering Tyrant once will be a great accomplishment in itself, but you’ll need to defeat him more than once to buy the world of Golarion the time it needs to prepare for his inevitable return. Are you up to the task?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

ExiledTinkerer posted:

...Ya'll want one of them Officially Licensed P&P Interpretations? This has to be a record on par with Renfield.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2388460/Pathfinder_Gallowspire_Survivors/ Sometime this year

Pathfinder's iconic Attributes? Gettin' a little big for your britches, aren't you, Pathfinder?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

3 hours into Boneraiser Minions, I finalize realize you're supposed to hold down a direction for the super dash to work :downs: I assumed it was something like better i-frames or something

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HoloCure continues it's journey to become every game.

https://twitter.com/HoloCureGame/status/1668115908148232192

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

It's live!

patch notes: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1794680/view/3680050666252039004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQv7sWPBu0

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/poncle_vampire/status/1668272942424244227

poncle is the king

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Azran posted:

3 hours into Boneraiser Minions, I finalize realize you're supposed to hold down a direction for the super dash to work :downs: I assumed it was something like better i-frames or something

Here's another one: I've already beaten the game 3-4 times, unlocked every class, found every relic, etc. I JUST realized the chest icon on Boneraiser and Heroic Lore are actual skills you spec and not the respec button lol I was very confused why I wasn't getting the 'buy all level 1 lore' achievement. Turns out chests can actually appear on their own and you aren't forced to dig for them!

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The new patch is pretty fun!

Tip for those who might get a little frustrated with the layout of the new level (involves stuff you get towards the end of the the latest DLC): Je-Ne-Viv's ability to consume the surrounding level geometry every 6th level is handy at destroying the walls and letting you float between rooms at your leisure

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Paper Tiger posted:

The new patch is pretty fun!

Tip for those who might get a little frustrated with the layout of the new level (involves stuff you get towards the end of the the latest DLC): Je-Ne-Viv's ability to consume the surrounding level geometry every 6th level is handy at destroying the walls and letting you float between rooms at your leisure

There is also this little handy map that someone made:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
Yeah, the "trick" is basically just that the vertical section is mapped to the left of everything when it's self-consistently to the right.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I went up and down that thing like 4 times before I saw the doors on the side

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Coming from someone who is absolutely addicted to Vampire Survivors. Thought I would share my pros and cons of this patch:

The Good
- Random Events is a great way to play while not having any eggs on a character. It makes the game more fun and interesting in my opinion!
- Astral Stair is a very fun map provided you go with the spoiler I shared earlier.
- The music for Astral Stair is awesome.

The Ok
- Yatta Cavallo's evolution is OK. I am not 100% sure how his evolution damage works but while it looks cool it's overshadowed by other stats. Luck based damage seems good on paper but I disagree with other characters that can do better and do cooler poo poo.
- I know I said Random Events is great and all. But I did not find a lot of variety in the randomness. Maybe its my luck. I did have some instances where it breaks the game for me by giving me candyboxes. Other than that it does seem to roll a lot into punishing you without much reward.
- When you unlock Golden Fingers It does spawn once unlocked. It's just extremely rare.

The Bad
- Patch notes have said La Borra is now unstuck but this is the first time where it does not work. Two games I have done La Borra just does not happen during gameplay.
- Steam version of VS still does not support Twitch as shown in the trailer. Unless I am missing something. I really hope and wish the developers intergrate discord to have people join in-game streams to gently caress with players. That would be amazing to watch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brotato 1.0 is on the beta branch.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Army of Ruin with A Need For Speed putting in work for the first post-release update:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1918040/view/3677799500816774756

quote:

Hi!

First of all, we wanted to thank you for supporting the game after its release! It's great to see so many people enjoying the game and we're glad to see that almost no bugs were found during this week.

Today we're releasing an update that brings some improvements to the game that should help addressing one of the most controversial things about the game: Its speed. We're adding a new speed setting over turbo mode that increases overall time scale, making games shorter but way more intense (be advised, increasing speed makes the game harder!).

We're also adding a way to aim while standing still, for both mouse+keyboard (left shift key by default) or controller settings (right stick). It works only for forward-aiming weapons (such as the Quicksilver Spears or the Energy Bolt), and it will force the character to stop while using this feature, but it will still be helpful for quick flicks while fleeing from enemies and when doing no move challenges.

Another thing we're changing in this update is increasing the power of a few weapons that were underperforming a bit compared to the rest.

New features:
Turbo mode: Added a new speed setting that further increases gameplay speed.
Added a key to force movement stop while pressed (left shift by default). Can be used to aim with the mouse or keyboard without moving.
Added keys to force stop and aim while pressed (right stick by default). Can be used to aim with controllers without moving.

Gameplay changes:
Increased power of the following weapons a bit:
Blood Wings (unevolved)
Ominous Gale (unevolved)
Sparksword (unevolved)
Bronze Starfish (unevolved + evolved)
Cupid's Arrow (unevolved)
Living Paintbrush (unevolved)
Ink Geyser (unevolved)
Sphere of Destruction (unevolved)
Chain Lightning (unevolved)

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Katamari Democracy posted:

Coming from someone who is absolutely addicted to Vampire Survivors. Thought I would share my pros and cons of this patch:

The Good
- Random Events is a great way to play while not having any eggs on a character. It makes the game more fun and interesting in my opinion!
- Astral Stair is a very fun map provided you go with the spoiler I shared earlier.
- The music for Astral Stair is awesome.

The Ok
- Yatta Cavallo's evolution is OK. I am not 100% sure how his evolution damage works but while it looks cool it's overshadowed by other stats. Luck based damage seems good on paper but I disagree with other characters that can do better and do cooler poo poo.
- I know I said Random Events is great and all. But I did not find a lot of variety in the randomness. Maybe its my luck. I did have some instances where it breaks the game for me by giving me candyboxes. Other than that it does seem to roll a lot into punishing you without much reward.
- When you unlock Golden Fingers It does spawn once unlocked. It's just extremely rare.

The Bad
- Patch notes have said La Borra is now unstuck but this is the first time where it does not work. Two games I have done La Borra just does not happen during gameplay.
- Steam version of VS still does not support Twitch as shown in the trailer. Unless I am missing something. I really hope and wish the developers intergrate discord to have people join in-game streams to gently caress with players. That would be amazing to watch.

How do the random Events actually work?

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
At around 45 seconds through the minute, it spins a roulette, giving you some forewarning, and on the minute, the result spawns in addition to or replacing the wave. Sometimes, it's something like a ring of candles, others it's charging minotaurs.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Maybe the third pivot now(?) for Time Survivors, but it keeps getting better with each so...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2455500/Time_Survivors_Chapter_0/

quote:

We've listened to your feedback and decided to take things up a notch: not only are we introducing new gameplay mechanics, but we're also reinvigorating your experience with our game.

This addition to our Historically Inaccurate Roguelike Universe introduces new unique abilities for our historic heroes and a tree-based meta progression system that allows you to unlock and refine gameplay elements.

🍄 Get ready to harness unique active abilities for our historic heroes like Cleopatra's leopard pet, Lincoln's defensive cherry tree barriers, and Nero's blazing trails of fire.

🍄 Along with the new abilities, we're rolling out a comprehensive tree-based meta progression system. This means you'll unlock and refine gameplay elements, including characters, weapons, and stages, even game mode modifiers, using in-game resources. The progression is in your hands, allowing you to craft a unique journey and gameplay experience that caters to your preferred playstyle.

TL;DR
- "Time Survivors: Chapter 0" is a new free game and an evolution of "Time Survivors: Prologue"
- It introduces unique active abilities for each character and a tree-based meta progression system
- The Prologue will still get updates until the Chapter 0 is released in August
- Your Prologue save game will be preserved when moving to Chapter 0

PS: the Chapter 0 Steam page also includes a new trailer showcasing the characters abilities (and a new character that can turn into a flying ninja robot 🤖)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Can somebody advise on how to unlock the Imp Contraptioneer class in Boneraiser Minions? The requirement is to raise three Imps in one run but the game never actually offers me more than one or two if it offers me any at all. Do you just have to pick a class that isn't tilted toward a particular summons (like giants or zombies) and go as hard as you can on getting rerolls?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, go super heavy on the rerolls. Took me a bit to unlock personally

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Battle Grid update. Some ui improvements and less flashbang

quote:

UI Update 1 (patch 0.902) is out!

UI Features:
Added auto upgrade for Units when purchasing from the shop.
Added right-click for instant upgrade of Weapons on the Grid.

Graphics:
Changed the emissions of all bullets so that you can see more easily when doing end game bullet builds.

Game Balance:
Reduced damage of poison clouds from 30 -> 15 per instance.
Increased health of nest concubine from 1000 -> 10 000.
Bug shot bullets per round decreased from +50% -> +20%.
Shotgun specialisation bullets per round decreased from +25% -> +15%.

Bug fixes:
Fixed a problem where nests wouldn't pop after leveling up nearby.
Fixed an issue where salvaged mechs weren't reflecting their level correctly.
Reduced the amount of notices when upgrading mechs.
Fixed an issue where you could get two tier 3 mercenaries and soft brick your run.
Fixed an issue where the shop would highlight a mech you already had a tier 3 version.

We're still working on how perks will stack. If you stack too many percentage-based bullets per round, it's still possible to tank your fps. The nerfs to bullets per round should allow you to get insane bullets per round, but make it harder to get frame rate game-breaking bullets per round. It's bandaid fix until we update perks.

Please leave a review if you like the game, it makes a huge difference! (edited)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Pope Guilty posted:

Can somebody advise on how to unlock the Imp Contraptioneer class in Boneraiser Minions? The requirement is to raise three Imps in one run but the game never actually offers me more than one or two if it offers me any at all. Do you just have to pick a class that isn't tilted toward a particular summons (like giants or zombies) and go as hard as you can on getting rerolls?

I'd say a) just use a class that's leveled up enough and that you're comfortable enough with that you can New Game++ with it, and b) instead of specifically trying to go for many imps just pick some other goal and just pick imps whenever you're offered one, because it's going to take a number of runs for the RNG gods to bless you.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Renfield surges again:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2354600/view/3691310299694384776

quote:

Hello everyone! We’re excited to announce our SECOND MAJOR CONTENT DROP!

We are so thrilled with the response from the community for the continued Early Access push of Renfield: Bring Your Own Blood! Thank you so much for getting us to VERY POSITIVE reviews!! The entire development team is thrilled and even more excited for what's to come. As promised, we have even MORE awesome content dropping for your enjoyment. Check it out below!

New playable character
New bosses
New stages
New weapon
New special attack
New enemies
The Compendium

And always remember, folks, garlic is not included!

PS: We've heard you loud and clear for cloud saves, and they are on their way! We'll include them in a patch soon, once we test to make sure Renfield has eaten all the bugs. Thank you!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Megazver posted:

I'd say a) just use a class that's leveled up enough and that you're comfortable enough with that you can New Game++ with it, and b) instead of specifically trying to go for many imps just pick some other goal and just pick imps whenever you're offered one, because it's going to take a number of runs for the RNG gods to bless you.

Azran posted:

Yeah, go super heavy on the rerolls. Took me a bit to unlock personally

Alright, will do! Thank you.

Not gonna lie I really did not figure the Renfield game would be a going thing? Good for them for the ongoing updates and not just dumping a cheap licensed game and moving on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i found it more difficult to play as imp contraptioneer than to unlock it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Impy has a fun niche but is only really suited to original game mode on a map with pre existing architecture and swapping them out after use to maximize gains. Necrotic and Castle modes don't allow time for much of anything.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i found it more difficult to play as imp contraptioneer than to unlock it.

same. I played it a couple of times and was like "eh, I'm good".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Any tips for unlocking Midas in Army of Ruin? The later Ruin stages are murder and I'm not sure if the answer is 'grind more gold' or not
Nvm, complaining on the internet fixed it :v:

Now I just gotta finish Glacier and Shrine with a character that starts attacking vertically and another who only attacks to the left, respectively :argh:

Azran fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 17, 2023