Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

lol, unprecedented level of :ironicat:

kindof an aside, whats the origin of this goofy pharoah cat? Ive been around forever but never really knew where it came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Renreeja posted:

kindof an aside, whats the origin of this goofy pharoah cat? Ive been around forever but never really knew where it came from

Peggle

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Oh no they took away the fascist dog whistle clothes from the murder game.

what idgi

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Renreeja posted:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

That was when Pop Cap was an independent studio

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

gently caress Twitter, it just "reactivated" my old account that is tied to a personal email. I can't tell Musk to go gently caress himself, and I can't block notifications even though they're zeroed out in the app and webpage. Great job, Musky.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

thanks yall, to quote Icecube

" Isn't it ironic,
I felt on the big fat fanny
pulled out the jammy
and killed the poonanny"

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Bad Purchase posted:

lol, unprecedented level of :ironicat:

Absolutely confounding. How could you agree technology is bad, then dump your whole life into expanding it.

Goddammit what a moron, can't even decide which line he stands on. Gonna be tiptoeing that barbed wire til he eventually (hopefully) falls off and severs his empty head from his husk.

What a maroon. A dingus. Just a real dipshit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This was the absolute height of gaming.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Hollywood is bad, says the guy known for movies.

Technology is bad, says a mass murderer.

There both right, says Elon Reeve Musk

Now who do I invest in?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have heard this from a number of goons who work for Amazon. Everything of a certain types just gets tossed in a big bin, no matter where it comes from, and 'pullers' (I think that's what they're called) just grab poo poo at random.

So, if you're spending $500 on a bright pink controller, or $50, odds are you're getting something from the same bin.

Picker is what I did as a warehouse employee pretty briefly around Christmas time as a gig in 2019. Might be called pullers at other places.

Wasn't even Amazon, it was a small local anime (lol) warehouse that imports and exports to the US.

Ideally you're supposed to be able to scan the specific DCPIs or barcodes to correct that. You get a bunch of underpaid people oogling at manga titties and putting things in the wrong bin, welp.

Amazon is like 100x that and I pity the fool

Other hand, 10 buck an hour and mandatory overtime for a sneak peak at the newest Sailor Moon omnibus...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Treecko posted:

Now who do I invest in?

A hitman.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I don't know what the current state of FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) is but I remember hearing that if you as a seller sent in an item that other FBA sellers were also selling, they'd get all mixed together at the warehouse and then when your item sold, they'd pull one at random and ship it. So you'd get sellers sending in counterfeit merchandise that would get mixed in and sellers of legitimate items would get screwed when the customer complained about getting a fake.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
OK so you, as a legit seller, send a genuine item in. It gets transported to a facility with every other item from kitchenware to beds to sex arses. Then after it gets there, it gets sorted...kinda. Similar things, address types, ect.

Then it gets shipped again to a different warehouses and sorted. Your genuine factory sealed GameCube controller has the same UPC as a fake because the duped it well enough it passes. It scans correctly and goes into a bin.

Then it gets shipped again, plane, train, truck.

It arrives at the final sorting center and they toss it into other bins with similar items, sorted by route.

Then the carrier gets it in the van and brings it to you.

Is it legit? Who knows anymore. But the people sorting it won't know without breaking into the package or clamshell. And that's not thier job, and would probably get in trouble for doing so.

enomie
Aug 10, 2017

Elman posted:

Not to get too off-topic, but how does this work when you're thinking about more abstract stuff like philosophy or politics?

I can answer this from my perspective, as a person with a visual minds-eye and a post-grad philosophy degree: ideas about philosophy and politics spring fully formed into my mind as I write or speak. I can sort of "rehearse" them in a monologue if I concentrate really hard, but it's much easier just to let them flow. So my process as a philosopher was to read lots of philosophy, spend long periods of time doing other things like art or video games or exercise, and then when it came time to do write or participate in a seminar it'd just sort of come out like someone was dictating, except it was me, dictating it to myself. I don't know what I'm going to write or say before I say it but when I do it becomes my truth. I'm doing it right now lol.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

enomie posted:

I can answer this from my perspective, as a person with a visual minds-eye and a post-grad philosophy degree: ideas about philosophy and politics spring fully formed into my mind as I write or speak. I can sort of "rehearse" them in a monologue if I concentrate really hard, but it's much easier just to let them flow. So my process as a philosopher was to read lots of philosophy, spend long periods of time doing other things like art or video games or exercise, and then when it came time to do write or participate in a seminar it'd just sort of come out like someone was dictating, except it was me, dictating it to myself. I don't know what I'm going to write or say before I say it but when I do it becomes my truth. I'm doing it right now lol.

Vibes based cognition. I can respect that

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Treecko posted:

Picker is what I did as a warehouse employee pretty briefly around Christmas time as a gig in 2019. Might be called pullers at other places.

Wasn't even Amazon, it was a small local anime (lol) warehouse that imports and exports to the US

I'd guess it's an industry wide term, I work for a veterinary wholesaler and we employ pickers in the warehouse.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1667782870423724033

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I swear you can hear his lawyers yelling at him in increasingly-exasperated tones for that tweet single-handedly destroying their defense case.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Treecko posted:

Hollywood is bad, says the guy known for movies.

Technology is bad, says a mass murderer.

There both right, says Elon Reeve Musk

Now who do I invest in?

He believes that access to these things is not only wasted on the masses, but outright harmfull as they are not capable of using them responsibly. Only the enlightened/ elite should be the ones that have control of tech/media.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I swear you can hear his lawyers yelling at him in increasingly-exasperated tones for that tweet single-handedly destroying their defense case.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1279814327776624640

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A taste of the French Revolution would do Musk a lot of good.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

That's not how it works!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

That's not a tautology, dipshit.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Samovar posted:

That's not a tautology, dipshit.

But its a big word, so the bazingas are impressed.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The Buddy Pine / Syndrome defense

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

This dude has a long way to go on a lot of fronts with this Twitter thing. There's not really a lot of interest in its current state, because Twitter is/was beautiful for what it is/was.

(1) Nobody wants to see this dude start a network with a bunch of nazis and garbage conspiracy maniacs. "BOTH SIDES!!!" does not exist. They're not interesting. Or funny. There's a reason they're a bunch of pariahs.
(2) Per the above, turning Twitter into an AppleTV/Amazon/Netflix content machine that creates revenue is going to be difficult with the above in play ^. The money's there, but the topics available do not reward.
(3) Firing everyone at Twitter was a huge mistake.
(4) Per the above, Lawsuits are expensive, and a huge mistake.
(5) Per the above, Burning Business Bridges is a huge mistake.
(6) Avoid making it political. You lose market that way.
(7) Avoid being sexist. You lose market that way. Lewd is just fine. People love boobies.
(8) Making it a YouTube competitor is interesting. Per the above, this could work; we have Adult Swim out there, at best, given the RIAA nose-thumbing that appears to be in play. I say take it in that direction, less an iconoclasty surgery. (haha)
(9) Per the above, please note that everyone in the world DOES miss the free filesharing days of KazaA/Napster. If you really wanna be villainous with your four hour upload time, enabling artists to spread so their sales go up is the waaaay to go IMO, not giving Nazis a platform.
(10) The era of AI content creation will give you a lot of fill, and a lot of current-era gravy to play with, whole channels, even, but ultimately you'll need human content, too.
(11) Using Twitter as a meteoric success farm will square things up; finding random great ideas from Little Guys on Twitter and specifically inviting those Little Guys to join the Big Guys will make for surges of public popularity, where no other network of content would have that advantage. How many sudden MrBeasts do you think it takes to print a Trillion dollars?
(12) Don't lose market. It's less about avoiding being PC and, as always, more about reach and making sure as many people and families would smile.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 11, 2023

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'd just simply be rich

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm not rich, am bored, and work a dead end job; my brain in all its despair spools stuff like that ^

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I'd just simply be rich

Yeah, rich enough to own all these rakes!

*steps on every single one, multiple times*

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

kazil posted:

Yeah, rich enough to own all these rakes!

*steps on every single one, multiple times*

Stepping on them over and over again in the hope he can get them to form the shape of swastika.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I said come in! posted:

Toyota or Mazda are what I would want to get when I am finally ready to replace my car. So this works out.

Mazda 3 2.5 Turbo if you want something lowkey really fun and easy on the insurance. They're punchy little devils.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

"Elon Musk has sure been discriminating a lot in such a short period of time."

Well, yes - he sacked thousands of people in that short space of time you loving dipshit

Punished Ape
Sep 17, 2021

gschmidl posted:

A taste of the French Revolution would do Musk a lot of good.

There was a lot of cutting edge technology.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Punished Ape posted:

There was a lot of cutting edge technology.

Cutting edgelord technology

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

yook posted:

"For instance, it facilitated the concentration of absurd amounts of wealth in the hands of unaccountable chucklefucks like me"

I keep remembering how one account impersonating some ghoul company selling insulin saying insulin would now be free crashed that company's stock immediately.

And then I keep seeing the companies of this chucklefuck just going UP AND UP AND UP while he says things like this that should be serious :siren: :siren: for any investor, and I don't know what to think.

Kale
May 14, 2010

He's trying to do that "big thinker" "just asking questions" schtick that post Trump conservatives love. If it wasn't him it'd be Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro or some other chud's take. One thing I've really noticed of late is that hard core conspiracy theory mainlining right wingers LOVE to feel they have some sort of secret knowledge or have figured out something about the world that "the elite" don't want you to know, and it could be just about anything pulled from their rear end as long as it cuts against what non-far right governments or figures have to say on a topic. I doubt he's put a whole lot into what he's posting again beyond doing that bit and "well Kaczynski cut against the establishment in his manifesto before blowing people up so he must have been right because establishment/elite bad".

Just once like I heard in an Internet Today podcast I'd love to hear somebody actually call him out on his conspiracy bullshit "big thinking man who actually says nothing of actual substance" style of rhetoric in an interview for once to elaborate ,cause like was argued in the podcast I think he'd just immediately stumble and flail and reveal himself to be an idiot who can't back anything up beyond single word or punctuation replies to other people's actually articulated thoughts.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 11, 2023

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Cutting edgelord technology

:lol: New thread title anybody

Kale posted:

He's trying to do that "big thinker" "just asking questions" schtick that post Trump conservatives love. If it wasn't him it'd be Joe Rogan, Jordan Peterson or Ben Shapiro or some other chud's take. One thing I've really noticed of late is that hard core conspiracy theory mainlining right wingers LOVE to feel they have some sort of secret knowledge or have figured out something about the world that "the elite" don't want you to know, and it could be just about anything pulled from their rear end as long as it cuts against what non-far right governments or figures have to say on a topic. I doubt he's put a whole lot into what he's posting again beyond doing that bit and "well Kaczynski cut against the establishment in his manifesto before blowing people up so he must have been right because establishment/elite bad".

Just once like I heard in an Internet Today podcast I'd love to hear somebody actually call him out on his conspiracy bullshit "big thinking man who actually says nothing of actual substance" style of rhetoric in an interview for once to elaborate ,cause like was argued in the podcast I think he'd just immediately stumble and flail and reveal himself to be an idiot who can't back anything up beyond single word or punctuation replies to other people's actually articulated thoughts.

Fun fact, these are actually the building blocks of the psychoses that you see inherent in schizoid disorders; so long as you never actually start subscribing to the notions, you'll probably be fine.

:hmbol:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Elon's death is going to come at the hands of a pack of exasperated lawyers who have finally snapped trying to get him to shut the hell up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cutting Edgelord Protection is the codename for the secret antifa ninja squad.