Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

My friendship with groups of 4-modifier stunlock naga elites is officially over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

DaveKap posted:

I think Diablo 4 might be my favorite of them all at this point but one thing, one really awful thing is a sticking point for me right now.

https://i.imgur.com/T7LSciU.mp4

The aggro as a necromancer is completely hosed. If you want to prevent snipes like this from happening, you have to let your skeles fight offscreen, which is lame. Call me crazy but minion builds should only be this deadly (for the player) if you position yourself poorly or your minions get melted from poor defenses or simply too-powerful enemies. Instead it's deadly if I happen to face an elite who decides minions don't exist and I'm the only dude in the room worth killing. That enemy wouldn't be wrong but that doesn't make for a fun experience.

Been seeing this since hitting t4 especially

Off screen snipes running up to a helltide chest is a swift kick in the balls

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

DaveKap posted:

I may have complained about instant death from bad aggro but I do wanna say having moments like this in PvP just makes it feel so fun.

https://i.imgur.com/BUPLc1a.mp4

I uhh... think that's a level 74 Barb. Man I wish I could timg mp4s.

lmfao

Makes me wonder how Druid fares in PvP with his tankyness. I would love to play a very annoying and very hard to kill druid in pvp eventually

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone druids using shred find it doesn't always dash to what you're clicking on? I basically need to keep moving while applying poison to stay alive but I feel like Shred often will take a few swipes at things in front of me instead of the thing I'm clicking on at the back of the pack. I have the primal upgrade so every swipe should dash. Is there just something about the cadence of the swings that makes it feel weird sometimes?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

My friendship with groups of 4-modifier stunlock naga elites is officially over.

I like that frozen enemies can still cc and enemies can cancel deep freeze. It puts the fun back in non-functioning.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Liking this snake mask thing

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Wiltsghost posted:

Liking this snake mask thing

Dye your outfit green so you can listen to this while playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-Takf76RY

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I did the capstone dungeon at 44 with my rogue, but unfortunately I can't really do much in tier 3 because everything is 53+ and I can't actually equip most of the good gear.

So I guess I'm back down to tier 2 for a couple levels

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

got both the werewolf and werebear unique armors tonight. now im just a big bear running around

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's pretty fun wading into level 45-50 dungeons as a level 30 flurry rogue and deleting everything, the downside every piece of gear that drops is for level 40 minimum so I can't use any of it lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Substandard posted:

I did the capstone dungeon at 44 with my rogue, but unfortunately I can't really do much in tier 3 because everything is 53+ and I can't actually equip most of the good gear.

So I guess I'm back down to tier 2 for a couple levels

As long as you can kill stuff, being in T3 gives you double XP so might be your best bet

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I really wish there was cooler stuff either in or at the end of nightmare dungeons.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm really happy about switching to controller, very comfortable compared to clicking and the only awkward controls I've come across are for the different item upgrade NPCs in town.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
1st unique, 100,000 steps

2nd unique, 100,000 steps

:negative:

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I feel like it should be said you don't need to click to move, you just hold down the left mouse button and point in the direction you want to move. This is not necessary in response to the last post about this but there have been people who definitely don't get this in this thread. I've only played the first game in the series very briefly before this and I immediately figured it out.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I just got the frost nova unique is it time for me to switch over to an ice build?
I honestly dont know wtf to spec into but all the other sorcs seem to be doing it and it doesn't even look like I'll lose the benefit of my vacuum-teleport.
I'm just getting kind of sick of having to chase down those loving wasps since I have nothing 'long' ranged with charged bolts.

sd6
Jan 14, 2008

This has all been posted before, and it will all be posted again
Blighted corpse explosion Necro sucks in PvP, but it's so good in PvE it's not fair. I'm clearing World Tier 3 nightmare dungeons with ease. This has to be next on the nerf chopping block right?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

sd6 posted:

Blighted corpse explosion Necro sucks in PvP, but it's so good in PvE it's not fair. I'm clearing World Tier 3 nightmare dungeons with ease. This has to be next on the nerf chopping block right?

I'm sure they are making balance changes around tier 3 nightmare dungeons

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

the title system is fun

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

^^^ I like it as well, you end up with a huge number of words to choose from. edit: I just changed my title to "Lonely Dancer" lol

I think my biggest gripe with my Barbarian bleed build is that its Core Skill feels kind of sluggish and awkward to use. My gameplay often consists of just awkwardly running around in circles and taking potshots at things with my Basic Skill until I get enough rage for my Core Skill, which I also take a potshot with. Deathblow is good for speeding up fights against weaker mobs, at least.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 11, 2023

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Zero VGS posted:

Here's an important question, if I convert Corpse Explosion to shadow DOT, do those cum puddles I make stack damage? Or do enemies only take damage from one of them at once?

edit: also when it says "Your damage has a chance to create corpse" or "You deal increased damage to cursed enemies", do those both include my skeletons?

Bumping since I still can't find the answer. Though I switched back to normal corpse explosion because the shadow version makes it impossible to see anything with the smoke clouds making the area darker the more they layer.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Bumping since I still can't find the answer. Though I switched back to normal corpse explosion because the shadow version makes it impossible to see anything with the smoke clouds making the area darker the more they layer.

shadow corpse explosions stack. it gets pretty insane. they're so good.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got a 700 item level staff almost immediately upon entering WT3, filled out the rest of my slots with decent stuff quickly too, and now nothing that drops is anywhere near an upgrade. I'm still not sure exactly how I got such a high item level weapon so quickly because I barely see stuff above 650 95% of the time. I guess it's kind of nice because my power level jumped rapidly and I can kill everything I encounter with ease, but it sort of sucks because getting regular upgrades is fun and sort of the point of Diablo, and just vendoring everything for materials isn't the same. I've been working on renown stuff cos I've still got a couple of skill points to get, but after that is pushing nightmare dungeons a way to get some better gear before I can go to WT4?

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Bardeh posted:

I got a 700 item level staff almost immediately upon entering WT3, filled out the rest of my slots with decent stuff quickly too, and now nothing that drops is anywhere near an upgrade. I'm still not sure exactly how I got such a high item level weapon so quickly because I barely see stuff above 650 95% of the time. I guess it's kind of nice because my power level jumped rapidly and I can kill everything I encounter with ease, but it sort of sucks because getting regular upgrades is fun and sort of the point of Diablo, and just vendoring everything for materials isn't the same. I've been working on renown stuff cos I've still got a couple of skill points to get, but after that is pushing nightmare dungeons a way to get some better gear before I can go to WT4?

Same thing happened with me weirdly enough. I think mine was a drop from the whispering tree, and I've been rolling with it up to level 57.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Bardeh posted:

While this feels good, I do think it's a big flaw in the game design. The fact that any item power within a given world tier is obtainable from any content within it at equal chances.

I think there should be some semblance of progression like: open world -> normal dungeons -> helltides with nightmare dungeons scaling throughout. I've had 818 weapons drop from trash monsters outside of Kyvoshad which sort of ruins the gear chase when you can obtain a BiS item upon entering a new world tier imo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Having a godly item drop potentially drop anywhere is what Diablo is all about. Last year I found a Ber rune from some random pot in Durance of Hate, that's awesome always keep that poo poo in.

The problem right now is that NM dungeons don't really incentivize you to play more difficult content, the loot and MF are the same no matter how high you go.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

That chart of builds is really interesting, but I wonder how meaningful it really is. There are people reporting playing off-meta builds and doing fine. Icy vein’s tier list even put flurry as s-tier and yet it’s only at 5%. Obviously that’s not to say there are no balance issues at all, but I don’t think we can extrapolate that only the popular builds are any good.

Do the additional effects of rare glyphs also increase with level? I haven’t found any yet, but if they don’t, some of the effects look strong and others look really anemic. Who would ever care about -0.5 second cooldown on infusion skills?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Hmm any tips for point distribution while levelling a druid? Im only like lvl 15 or 16 but i feel like i kill things v slow and its tempting me to reroll as rogue

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

junan_paalla posted:

I'm really happy about switching to controller, very comfortable compared to clicking and the only awkward controls I've come across are for the different item upgrade NPCs in town.

This might be a PS4 issue but when I first summon my mount I have to let it stop completely otherwise it'll walk very slowly, I assume it has something to do with controllers

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
The level 70 capstone was pretty tough on my 63 sorc. The dungeon was very manageable, but every attack the boss had was a one shot on my character from full health even with a fortitude potion on, and would leave me with about 5% hp if I had ice armor up. I got him but he took a lot of tries. Really easy to stagger thankfully, or it would've been impossible.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

DaveKap posted:

I may have complained about instant death from bad aggro but I do wanna say having moments like this in PvP just makes it feel so fun.

>>Barb goes POP<<

I uhh... think that's a level 74 Barb. Man I wish I could timg mp4s.

Is this thorns?

I have been lazily leveling a necro to use as a PvP bait build using thorns. It'd be great knowing it actually works.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Blacktooth posted:

Is this thorns?

I have been lazily leveling a necro to use as a PvP bait build using thorns. It'd be great knowing it actually works.
I think I have 0 thorns, actually. I truly don't know what killed this barb so fast. I have to assume it was my minions combined with a late registration by the server that my sever hit him.

Edit: Looking closer, my minions were all stunned by his shout. What seems to have happened is the sever I threw out to hit the monster he ran past returned to me, did its on-return attack, and because the shadow dot was applied to the Barb by this time, the sever it did the boosted damage my build does to shadowed enemies. Pop!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 11, 2023

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

SettingSun posted:

I can’t even tell what level does for people in pvp because I have killed way higher people than me and also been killed by lower.

sometimes active modifiers come into play based on who is pwning hard enough in the zone. you can see them over your skill bar where the buffs go. last time i pvped it gave a reduction in minion damage but boosted DOT damage.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
How the gently caress is anyone supposed to be able to play multiple classes and potentially multiple builds with only 4 stash tabs?

They are 1000% going to sell stash tabs at season launch.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Is there some way to give your thorns to your minions as Necro? Because I have a unique that gives me like 5k thorns and no other use for it...

I miss the old days of D2 paladins with multiple thousands of % of thorns damage.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

You may be right and it may have even been the active modifiers that got me my Barb pop but I've watched people during Legion enough to notice that at every level there are people playing way above and way below their weight class in this game. It really speaks to how important the loot is over your level. The only time I'd say the gap closes is the 10 level gap between 60 and 70 for how well you can manage WT4 enemies. I kept hopping back to WT4 every couple of levels after I finished the unlock dungeon at 62 and it was absurd how much of a difference my character level was making w/o changing my gear. I only got comfy at about 68. I'm betting outside of this section of playtime it's always gonna be viable to gear up for content 15 levels higher than you're supposed to.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A RL friend of mine is getting this and we will probably just play together some / casually. Should i bother with anything but the cheap vanilla release or should i get the 2nd tier version of the game with a season pass etc?

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

as is your right, we must act according to our nature.

Awful Bone Economy Lodge (ABEL)
Search it up or whisper Marchidian#2852

Sent a request, Bnet ID is VoodooSnake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
idk but i had like two pvp fights that felt fair when leveling up and it was really fun. now i just get one shot
i'm sure its on the very bottom of a long to do list but it would be cool to see pvp expanded somehow