Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

As you’ve seen on WWE television of late, WWE has been making an effort to streamline their championships.

This past week, Asuka was given a new championship belt that looked like Roman Reigns’ new championship belt, but with a white strap. The name of the title belt was changed, with a WWE source confirming the obvious, that it was to clean up the Smackdown/Raw Championship situation that was muddied due to the draft. They also said that they wanted Asuka’s title to look like Reigns’ to help portray it on an even plane, as has been the case for the past several years. We’re told that Rhea Ripley’s championship will be receiving some other sort of adjustment as well, either in name or appearance.

As reported previously, the idea to unify the WWE and Universal Titles were only combined when Roman Reigns was sidelined after Reigns got COVID ahead of WWE Day 1 2021. There were some internal plans last Summer and Fall to have the titles separated again by WrestleMania 39, but those ended up getting nixed. However, shortly after WrestleMania, firm plans were made to split the titles and have Raw with its own championship.

A WWE source has claimed to Fightful that technically the Universal and WWE Championship “histories” are still separate, but said that they believe the WWE Title’s history will be continued once Reigns loses the championship, whenever that may be.

The Women’s Tag Team Titles are being combined, and there were several in NXT at the time of the formation of the NXT Tag Team Titles that were confused why they were being created in the first place. However, Fightful was told there were plans in order to combine the NXT and WWE Women’s tag titles going back to April when the WWE Draft occurred. We’ve been told that the WWE Women’s Tag Titles will appear on NXT programming when needed as was the original plan for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Titles. WWE sources indicated to us that this unification would have moved forward quicker, if not for the unfortunate injuries within the division.

One point of frustration we heard from WWE sources was a simple misuse of the term “undisputed” in two cases. Roman Reigns’ title is being referred to as an undisputed title despite Seth Rollins being a world champion. Asuka’s new championship has “undisputed” on the front of it, despite Rhea Ripley also being a women’s champion. One higher up in WWE said “that’s admittedly confusing. I don’t know why there is an insistence on doing that, and a lot of people have brought that up and it’s been dismissed.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
gee if only they could've seen a brand split coming in the future and had titles on the correct people they wanted on each brand instead of scrapping belts and giving them new ones

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The brand split has been going on over two decades and they still can’t get it right

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

lol this:

"WWE has been making an effort to streamline their championships."

and the next 1,000 words don't seem to compute.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Poor Rhea Ripley left holding a disputed belt.

:(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The brand split has been going on over two decades and they still can’t get it right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I preferred the red background to the women’s belt, it looked like red velvet cheesecake

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dwayne’s year of Hell continues

https://twitter.com/_mlfootball/status/1667702313622937601?s=46&t=KLneeML2gGMmpR50C0ACag

Don’t be shocked if he’s picking up the Mania call for real soon

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/_mlfootball/status/1667702313622937601?s=46&t=KLneeML2gGMmpR50C0ACag

Rock Bottom

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didn't even know the xfl was a thing right now I thought it was in the restructuring phase or whatever rich people say when they're firing everyone and putting their own dipshits in office before reopening and losing more money

looks like we're past that phase and right into the losing a ton of money phase

rock taking so many L's lately

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 11, 2023

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
dwayne knew what he signed up for

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I watched the whole XFL season and it was honestly pretty drat fun and entertaining. It ain't the NFL and it's clear the level of talent is not there but still fun.
Hope it sticks around

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

Do they have a tv deal for next season?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

1glitch0 posted:

Do they have a tv deal for next season?

Their deal lasts until 2027

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Digital Jedi posted:

I watched the whole XFL season and it was honestly pretty drat fun and entertaining. It ain't the NFL and it's clear the level of talent is not there but still fun.
Hope it sticks around

Yeah, same, and XFL games were way more fun to watch than USFL games have been this season, especially the home games in St. Louis and DC

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

zetamind2000 posted:

Their deal lasts until 2027

Wow. Well good for them. I thought it was going to be a one and done with the ratings being what they were.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Tampa Bae posted:

gee if only they could've seen a brand split coming in the future and had titles on the correct people they wanted on each brand instead of scrapping belts and giving them new ones

There is nothing wrong with rebranding the Raw and SD women’s titles and keeping each lineage. They dumb mistake was making them show specific.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I mean, they struggle to plan and write stories on the long term. Like, there have been long-term stories like Rock and Cena Twice In A Lifetime, where a story was told over 3 Manias (and even then, I feel like I'm being hugely generous here - Rock and Cena talk mess to each other going into Mania 27, leading to Rock costing Cena the title in the main event, then Rock beats Cena at 28, Rock goes into 29 as champion and Cena beats him, avenging his loss the previous year - for a 3+ year storyline, there's really only 4 or 5 major plot points), but for the most part, they really can't get a lot of basic poo poo right. It's like the way they handle tag teams, where it's like as soon as they're put together, they already start planning on splitting them up, rather than letting them built up to be a team.

Astro7x posted:

There is nothing wrong with rebranding the Raw and SD women’s titles and keeping each lineage. They dumb mistake was making them show specific.

Yep. Something like:

Raw
World Heavyweight (Big Gold)
US Heavyweight
World Tag Team
World Women's Championship (make a new belt based on Big Gold)
World Women's Tag Team

Smackdown
WWE Championship
Intercontinental
WWE Tag Team
WWE Women's Championship
WWE Women's Tag Team

No show-specific branding, and allows for seamless swapping. Either that, or make the champions exempt from the draft.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 11, 2023

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The brand split exists so they can try and pop a rating or two with draft episodes, there isn’t anything more to it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
the brand split gave us the nxt invading segment and the much more important reversed gif of that moment so they can do it forever

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lid posted:

the brand split gave us the nxt invading segment and the much more important reversed gif of that moment so they can do it forever

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A lot of people are ragging on HHH for the belt stuff but what you’ve got to realize is that HHH’s time leading creative hasn’t officially begun yet. A lot of what we’ve seen is him having to continue Vince’s storylines from before he took over.

2023 The Royal Rumble WrestleMania After One Full Year The First WrestleMania After He’s Booked For A Full Year is when his booking philosophy truly begins

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

JUNGLE BOY posted:

A lot of people are ragging on HHH for the belt stuff but what you’ve got to realize is that HHH’s time leading creative hasn’t officially begun yet. A lot of what we’ve seen is him having to continue Vince’s storylines from before he took over.

2023 The Royal Rumble WrestleMania After One Full Year The First WrestleMania After He’s Booked For A Full Year is when his booking philosophy truly begins

is that before or after Pete Dunne gets his name back

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I also find the belt stuff silly but I have a serious issue. What happened to maximum male models?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
They're called Pretty Deadly now

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
They should have just invented two fake governing bodies to name their titles after, like they do in Japan, if they wanted brand-specific titles without the headache of what happens if the Smackdown Women’s Champion moves to Raw or whatever

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Or they could just not move the Smackdown Women's Champion to Raw.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nipponophile posted:

Or they could just not move the Smackdown Women's Champion to Raw.

No one can overrule the gacha machine

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Answers Me posted:

They should have just invented two fake governing bodies to name their titles after, like they do in Japan, if they wanted brand-specific titles without the headache of what happens if the Smackdown Women’s Champion moves to Raw or whatever
Some sort of Federation

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
the real answer the belts are always ugly variations of the giant W logo is because when sports stars wear them to games they want everyone to know "oh that's a WWE™ Championship" and not "oh that's a wrestling belt"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Lol seriously? The belts are so stupid, obviously a Vince call. HHH has had his hands on all of the really good stuff this year, like and , and . Vince is the one who's screwing everything up.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I give it 5 years before every champion in ufc and wwe is wearing slight variations of the exact same corporate logo belt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean UFC belts are kinda of already corporate logo belts they're just mostly bland looking corporate belts instead of being ugly

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean UFC belts are kinda of already corporate logo belts they're just mostly bland looking corporate belts instead of being ugly

ya exactly, but with the venal yet trashy aesthetics of the wwe, I suspect that by 2027 we'll have a logo 5x the size on that thing and an assortment of goofy lil side plates to screw in

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ENDEVOR WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's amazing that they've had the simplest solution for years:

WWE World Championship
WWE Women's World Championship
WWE World Tag Team Championship

WWE Universal Championship
WWE Women's Universal Championship
WWE Universal Tag Team Championship

and they incapable of either implementing it or even seeing it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can't wait for UFC's most brain damaged psychos having to do press conferences saying that Roman Reigns is their equal lol

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The new UFC belts look awful, way worse than anything the WWE has. The previous ones, that all basically looked like The Big Gold Belt, were some of the nicest belts around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

These are the new/current ufc belts were talking about, right? I think this is the newest design but im not sure.