Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

plainswalker75 posted:

If I extract a legendary aspect, does that also unlock the item appearance for the wardrobe, or do I have to choose between utility and fashion?
You must choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Astryl posted:

It was marketed as an ARPG, but is very obviously a MMOARPG a la Lost Ark.

It's nice of you trying save people $70.

ARPGs are relaxing chill grind game. Why do people insist on pretending ARPGS are anything but that? It just makes the game worse. Story, "difficulty" , stuff that isn't going fast and killing monsters. Just ridiculous!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think the thing holding d4 back right now isn't the endgame, it's that arpgs should be chill, get stoned and roll some enemies games, but d4 has like one or two good builds per class so you can't just pick whatever skills sound neat and play the game

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

site posted:

I think the thing holding d4 back right now isn't the endgame, it's that arpgs should be chill, get stoned and roll some enemies games, but d4 has like one or two good builds per class so you can't just pick whatever skills sound neat and play the game

Only 1 or two builds according to who? Christ.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

That Little Demon posted:

Can you link his twitch stream I wanna see what he's playing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

he's right, there's only one skill anyone should ever use on necro, and that is boner spear

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I like this game. I can blow up dead bodies

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Helltides seem to have some necessary crafting mats

Go for the hidden boxes. They are 175 units of whatever which should take like 15 mins

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Doomykins posted:

Lilith is one dimensional but the one dimension is pretty stable.

I guess the issue is that it's never stated HOW. I definitely got that since my main thought throughout was "why is everyone treating Lilith like a villain when she's the only one who cares about sanctuary??" She even tells you it should be you instead of her to lead it because you're human and the dumbass player character still goes "I think mephisto, a prime evil who told me he'll kill me once we're done, is more trustworthy"

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Also to anyone itt not familiar with this particular phenomenon: there are a ton of self-hating blizzard fans.

They generally manifest this by making GBS threads relentlessly on blizzard games on forums and through social media while also no-lifing the very same games.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

I guess the issue is that it's never stated HOW. I definitely got that since my main thought throughout was "why is everyone treating Lilith like a villain when she's the only one who cares about sanctuary??" She even tells you it should be you instead of her to lead it because you're human and the dumbass player character still goes "I think mephisto, a prime evil who told me he'll kill me once we're done, is more trustworthy"

She's probably treated as a villain because she kills a lot of people right off the bat. Did you see the way that village acted after she went through? They are randomly sacrificing people.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Miftan posted:

Here’s a hint: she’s lying and evil and killed people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If an independent studio put this game out it would be 10/10 across the boards

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lilith did nothing wrong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lilith says straight out at one point she is going to be the one in charge of a linerated sanctuary not humans.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Sheesh I thought I’d be winding down by now in t4 and closing but im still hooked on blowing up monsters and I haven’t even touched any alts yet

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

SHISHKABOB posted:

She's probably treated as a villain because she kills a lot of people right off the bat. Did you see the way that village acted after she went through? They are randomly sacrificing people.

So is the church of inarius and literally everyone else. Sanctuary is hosed up but only one faction's overall goal isn't "destroy sanctuary and everyone in it" and at the end the wanderer's choice was Lilith or Mephisto and they chose.. poorly. Jury still out on in Nyrele is dumber or not based on what the next story content we get reveals.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Helltides seem to have some necessary crafting mats

Go for the hidden boxes. They are 175 units of whatever which should take like 15 mins

I call the currency "hellcoin." it has some other edgy name I never remember. The Helltide exclusive crafting mats are Forgotten Souls and Fiend Rose. Make sure you look for Fiend Rose to collect as you roam around the hell zones. If you see a glowing red clickable you will get some hellcoin out of it. Forgotten Souls are super important because you need them to improve Sacred and Ancestral items later on.

https://helltides.com/ functions as a helltide timer and will show you a zoomed in map of the helltide zone when it goes up. It will then show you potential mystery box and event locations, adding further confirmation when a player actually finds a mystery box. If you play your cards right and the timers line up, you can get two mystery chests (one per big helltide zone), wait for the next hour to pass on the clock, then get two more after the hourly chest reset. Really easy to max out your obols while you're in there, especially with a group.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 11, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nyrelle was corrupted by mephisto as soon as she was in hell if not before. As soon as she touched mephisto with the stone she was fully possessed. The animation shows something flowing into her

Imho

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
personally I believe Lilith and maybe you should too

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

euphronius posted:

Nyrelle was corrupted by mephisto as soon as she was in hell if not before. As soon as she touched mephisto with the stone she was fully possessed. The animation shows something flowing into her

Imho

Potentially. I'm assuming that no matter what happens she goes after the other prime evils as well, fucks up, and we end up fighting diablo either in season content or the expansion

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Miftan posted:

Lilith demonstrates repeatedly, and states directly(the part about the strong will survive), that she cares about Sanctuary but only the way she wants it, willing to butcher untold numbers of innocents to end up with the nephalem hell cult at her beck and call that will break the conflict. Conveniently the Eternal Conflict would be broken if she won it by stomping out the rest of Hell. She cares about Sanctuary but she has warped morality.

The HOW is that she eats Mephisto, removing 1/3 the threat, and elevating herself to Prime Evil status to contend with the big boys. Then she'll put humanity through a brutal trial by fire, filter the strong survivors into more demonically influenced apex humans and have the PC lead them. She has her motivations and they're clear, she's technically right, but she's a primordial demon and a cruel rear end in a top hat.

The PC doesn't trust Mephisto because they're an idiot, they trust Mephisto because they're in a bad corner between two equally terrible demonic powers and one is offering to help shank the other, as well as Mephisto providing assistance where we'd fail without it. The PC/Nyrelle state as much. Mephisto even tells you as much and admits that he'll reform and challenge you eventually because he's an immortal thinking in the long term and actually shows a bit of respect for you. He knows you'll make the choice with that in mind and his only true concern is that Lilith will consume him and give him a true death. Then you/Nyrelle shard Mephisto to try and pull one over on both, though this makes things a bit silly since the true answer all along was just "the PC kicks Lilth's rear end", but video game storytelling problems.

It's not a world class story but a lot of these individual elements are usually butchered horribly in video game stories to the point of being very irritating(how many times have you played a game where an entity like Mephisto helps you but it just covers a lovely plothole, or they never really needed you, or..) so it's nice they stuck so many little landings, even after the crunch made them stumble a few times.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

faantastic posted:

Sorry for the edit/question, but as someone who has never really done ARPG endgame stuff, what does the loop normally look like? D3 was rifts, which appear in videos to just be NM dungeons but shorter? POE has maps, which AFAIK are just NM dungeons as well?

I can't speak to PoE, but for D3 it's all about the context. On the surface, yeah, you speedrun greater rifts. The difference is everything around that. Your build is done, and functional, within a couple of days. You're at the fun part of item hunting and pushing with very little friction along the way.

D4, without getting into specifics, is the opposite. It's nothing but friction in the way that a game desperately trying to stretch out its release content is. I don't have the numbers on pissing people off vs having your game be declared to only have a few hundred hours of content, but on my side I'd rather just have it be fun.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Astryl posted:

It was marketed as an ARPG, but is very obviously a MMOARPG a la Lost Ark.

Its not. Its like marvel heroes or whatever than it is Lost Ark. An ARPG on the casual side with a instanced overworld map you can find other people playing on.

Lost ark is a korean MMO with the very light trimmings of an arpg.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Miftan posted:

So is the church of inarius and literally everyone else. Sanctuary is hosed up but only one faction's overall goal isn't "destroy sanctuary and everyone in it" and at the end the wanderer's choice was Lilith or Mephisto and they chose.. poorly. Jury still out on in Nyrele is dumber or not based on what the next story content we get reveals.

What do you mean, they put Mephisto in the soul stone because he was more dangerous. Lillith is just gonna come back eventually. The soul stone will also probably fail too but like they say in the story, that's a matter of the failures of the people in charge of the stone, not a universal constant.

Doomykins posted:

Lilith demonstrates repeatedly, and states directly(the part about the strong will survive), that she cares about Sanctuary but only the way she wants it, willing to butcher untold numbers of innocents to end up with the nephalem hell cult at her beck and call that will break the conflict. Conveniently the Eternal Conflict would be broken if she won it by stomping out the rest of Hell. She cares about Sanctuary but she has warped morality.

The HOW is that she eats Mephisto, removing 1/3 the threat, and elevating herself to Prime Evil status to contend with the big boys. Then she'll put humanity through a brutal trial by fire, filter the strong survivors into more demonically influenced apex humans and have the PC lead them. She has her motivations and they're clear, she's technically right, but she's a primordial demon and a cruel rear end in a top hat.

The PC doesn't trust Mephisto because they're an idiot, they trust Mephisto because they're in a bad corner between two equally terrible demonic powers and one is offering to help shank the other, as well as Mephisto providing assistance where we'd fail without it. The PC/Nyrelle state as much. Mephisto even tells you as much and admits that he'll reform and challenge you eventually because he's an immortal thinking in the long term and actually shows a bit of respect for you. He knows you'll make the choice with that in mind and his only true concern is that Lilith will consume him and give him a true death. Then you/Nyrelle shard Mephisto to try and pull one over on both, though this makes things a bit silly since the true answer all along was just "the PC kicks Lilth's rear end", but video game storytelling problems.

It's not a world class story but a lot of these individual elements are usually butchered horribly in video game stories to the point of being very irritating(how many times have you played a game where an entity like Mephisto helps you but it just covers a lovely plothole, or they never really needed you, or..) so it's nice they stuck so many little landings, even after the crunch made them stumble a few times.

Yeah she treats it like her property.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

This...thread? and that skill graph and from my own time playing sorc and rogue seems like to be successful you're building around

Barb: ww or hota
Necro: blight corpse explosion and/or bone spear
Sorc: ice shards or arc lash
Rogue: twisting blades or flurry
...ngl I haven't paid attention to druid at all

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its not. Its like marvel heroes or whatever than it is Lost Ark. An ARPG on the casual side with a instanced overworld map you can find other people playing on.

Lost ark is a korean MMO with the very light trimmings of an arpg.

It's been a while since I played but isn't poe an instanced overworld with other players too? Or was that just the towns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just in towns

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

site posted:

This...thread? and that skill graph and from my own time playing sorc and rogue seems like to be successful you're building around

Barb: ww or hota
Necro: blight corpse explosion and/or bone spear
Sorc: ice shards or arc lash
Rogue: twisting blades or flurry
...ngl I haven't paid attention to druid at all

I'm running a funny amalgamation of bone spear, minion and corpse explosion with no darkness skills or shadow damage. So IDK if it's entirely just two builds. I'm only level 72 though. But like, I've been playing a lot. I don't know where the line gets drawn at how many builds there are if the judgement is "can it go super fast at level 100 against the hardest stuff that very few people are doing."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

explosivo posted:

Last Epoch is good actually

I dropped it after a few hours since Diablo 4 was coming out but now I might go back to it. I’m not sure Diablo 4 is catching my long-term interest yet, which is fine because I still had a lot of fun going through the campaign and WT3 stuff.

Like I can tell I should move on because I’m getting annoyed at having an inventory full of loot. It’s such a pain to figure out what’s worth keeping and do all the extractions, salvaging, and selling. And being annoyed at an inventory full of loot is crazy.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 11, 2023

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The game has been released for not even 7 days and insinuating that there is more than one viable build is no longer allowed, submit to whatever meta exists in the thread hivemind.

I really like the voice actors they got this time around for the campaign. Not sure if they're as memorable as the few lines of d1/D2 we all remember but that's a different issue, no repeated voice lines in merchant use.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Pain of Mind posted:

I think the game is profoundly worse than any other standard Diablo, including Diablo 3 1.0. My complaint is not that some skills have longer cooldowns, but I do feel somewhat astonished that everyone rates the game so highly, when I am bouncing off D4 pretty hard as an enjoyer of D1, D2, and D3.

you definitely aren't alone on that if this is anything to go by

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iv/user-reviews

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Rated 0/10
Drangleic
Jun 10, 2023

Why is it called 'Diablo' if Diablo is not in the game

lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Absolutely zero balls at Blizzard. Should’ve been called Lilith: A Diablo Story, Featuring the Wanderer 4.0

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

I too, depend on opinions from a couple hundred guys named adfghs rating games 0 because "I saw another player" over a 24 hour period to form my opinions on the games I play.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 11, 2023

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Miftan posted:

Did you really not pick up on the whole “Lilith knows how to promise people exactly what they want so they will do whatever she asks and then fucks then over” part of the story. Like it’s not exactly subtle stuff either, look what happened to that one old Druid for example.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

ah yes, the opinion of "XxX_420edge_XxX", definitely something we should care about and listen to

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Up until level ~60 or so, this is prob the best Diablo game there has been, IMO. Aside from a few issues, the game has ran very smoothly for a Blizzard launch as well.

After that, it falls apart VERY quickly.

There is poor overall class balance; classes that have more anti-CC are too powerful compared to classes that don't. There isn't enough build diversity per class. Resists are either completely bugged (someone forgot to carry a one) or just poorly conceived. Gear choices are boring, and gear "power level" is a completely non-functional worthless number as RNG can have a perfectly rolled power 600 item be better than a shitily-rolled 810 item. Nightmare dungeons give too little XP and the modifiers don't particularly give them enough variety. On top of that, you can't even access more than a dozen or two of them, despite the fact that there are 100+ dungeons in the game. There just isn't enough stuff to do in the endgame, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gotta love that one of the user reviews is like "The resource system sucks in this game, its so limiting I cant play like this" and heres a guy Im watching running without a builder that has his ult on left click.

Imagine playing an aRPG, seeing a "problem" and not wanting to solve it with gear/skills.