Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Hmm, when you scroll to the end of the characters list the color of the background changes from blue to pinkish and there’s a blank “coming soon” slot

the screen also turns pink if you focus on yukari so that's gonna be mitsuru, i assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Wouldn't Mitsuru be more red? Or even blue because of her element and her Personas.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Yeah, my mistake

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm not sure why it would go "MC, Junpei, Yukari, FEMC" instead of you know...Another party member, most likely Mitsuru.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Wouldn't Mitsuru be more red? Or even blue because of her element and her Personas.

girl

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if its in join order wouldnt akihikio be before mitsuru

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I think the most people should hope for is some stinger right before release teasing a paid DLC pack that will add her 6 months to a year after launch or something tbh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah it's Akihiko first, and he's... red, I guess?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think the most people should hope for is some stinger right before release teasing a paid DLC pack that will add her 6 months to a year after launch or something tbh.

If it happens, it won't be DLC. You know they would waste everyone's time and money by rereleasing the whole drat thing

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

anakha posted:

Am I blind or does the article not say anything about whether or not she's in?

If she was in the remake wouldn't it mention it in the summary? It did mention all the new items already.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you know why they released p3p

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Yeah it's Akihiko first, and he's... red, I guess?
i think p4a makes his color silver (cause of his hair) (and his persona ig)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, seriously was not expecting to see this loving thing today after all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZA6YA7YYQ

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alder posted:

If she was in the remake wouldn't it mention it in the summary? It did mention all the new items already.
i mean i really doubt shes in but she could hypothetically be a surprise theyre saving to keep hype going later down the line

the article is extremely vague on details. 'the graphics have been updated. there are new scenes. see you.'

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

http://p5t.jp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv4ge-C3OPs - different trailer from what we've already seen.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Anyway, seriously was not expecting to see this loving thing today after all these years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoZA6YA7YYQ

Bringing Meguro back for the OST too, hell yeah.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think they might be overdoing it a bit with the menus, I legitimately cannot loving read a lot of this text.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This looks so awful and crunchy

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf if that game isnt out until like mid-2024 a lot of the eng text is probably placeholder for the trailer

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Endorph posted:

if its in join order wouldnt akihikio be before mitsuru

it's just going like boy, girl, boy, girl, that's why junpei and the protagonist are the same colour

edit: which would make sense if they're gonna do like a "also the female protagonist is in" at the end, I guess

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
It looks like Persona 5: Fantasy Scenario to me.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean it does make sense to not say if she is in, shes apart if the original game so you don’t need to market a remake on stuff already in the game. Especially if Atlus doesn’t actually think she’s that big a deal

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean it does make sense to not say if she is in, shes apart if the original game so you don’t need to market a remake on stuff already in the game. Especially if Atlus doesn’t actually think she’s that big a deal

she's not in the original game, and most of the trailer was just stuff that was in the original, though?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

The P5T site says there would be DLC with "desired characters".

P5R/P5S fans hoping the crossover finally happens.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Arist posted:

she's not in the original game, and most of the trailer was just stuff that was in the original, though?

I mean she could be in she could not be, just nothings terribly confirmed.

Luckily we will know before it releases so it’s fine

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Neeksy posted:

It looks like Persona 5: Fantasy Scenario to me.

Like, it literally felt to me like P5 but with a fantasy coat. Battle system with summoned entities, similar camera angles, bond system, a calendar apparently, a companion "fairy"...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In one of the menus there's even the spell Matarukaja

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Hashino's the one with the ...traditional viewpoints on gender right?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

He said some dumb things in interviews from 10 years ago and some artist comments about making the ohya design in p5 worse yeah. He seems like kind of an idiot but the Persona fandom has used his visibility as an excuse to basically shove anything wrong with the series/things they don't like onto him which is goofy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was Takemi he made worse, but yes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

It was Takemi he made worse, but yes
no it was both of them

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

oh really? wow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hashino definitely isnt the only problem with the series or the sole reason all that dumb stuff is in p3/p4/p5 but also all the new stuff in p3p was made without him and thats my favorite writing of the modern stuff so i dont think its unfair to say that im hopeful for a persona 6 without him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

oh really? wow

tae comment:

quote:

The original idea was Tae wanted to bust the pharmacy she worked for the crimes they were committing so she was also given a femme fatale look with eyes that give off a killer's intent. However, Director Hashino wanted all the girls to look cute so that look has been dampened down in the final design.

ohya comment:

quote:

Just like early designs for Tae, Director Hashino complained Ichiko's initial designs weren't cute enough

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wait why are people mad that 3 is being remade, someone give me the cliff notes version

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

man nurse posted:

Wait why are people mad that 3 is being remade, someone give me the cliff notes version

i've yet to see someone be mad about it, although there is a general sense of pessimism about the remake being bad

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

man nurse posted:

As the person "upset" that it's happening, it's because they don't seem to be including the content from P3 I would actually want to play, which not just makes the entire enterprise seem pointless to me but also kind of salts the earth for a potential more complete version.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

man nurse posted:

It's like 90% disappointment at the female MC not being in and 10% trepidation over how they'll handle some of the problematic material. I think it would be insane if they kept party member social links exactly the same, but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

does it salt the earth? 'rereleasing something with more content' is like atlus's modus operandi