Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Fresh posted:

I’ve seen the kinds of non-mgs games kojima makes, hook me up with more ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Rinkles posted:

The outfits are great (there are a lot more silly or out there designs than i was expecting), and I’m continually amazed at how much of everything is in this game

It's a lot and it's good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just want wanted more metal gear rising

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
doesn't everyone

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

Post your cool hunter

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What’s the best Monster Hunter game?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
World

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I lean towards 4u, best variety of monsters outside of gu, best story, best postgame. gu is really good also but, the hunter art and super stuff makes it feel like a weird side game. and then rise and then portable 3rd

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

My longswordsman in his natural habitat

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ometeotl posted:

Post your cool hunter
LET'S. GET. FABULOUS

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

I lean towards 4u, best variety of monsters outside of gu, best story, best postgame. gu is really good also but, the hunter art and super stuff makes it feel like a weird side game. and then rise and then portable 3rd

4U rips rear end, it is known.

If anyone here ever did the Dalamadur fight with me, I apologize for never skipping the intro cutscene.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rinkles posted:

World is my current fave of what I've played.

Also fave hunter themed outfit.

Peak Penguin Performance.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There should be some kind of chemistry-education game where you have something like the Final Fantasy X cloister trials, except part of the puzzles and potionmaking involves balancing chemical equations sometimes with fictional elements, and there'd be "the enemy is weak against pure silver, but all I've got is this silver nitrate and some acid" situations

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

every other character was great, but the witch dragged it all down, sadly. the music is some of the best video game music ever, though, legit amazing bangers for 99% of the soundtrack. it's wild

chipzel is extremely good and I wish she did a lot more video game soundtracks

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe Atlus' fantasy RPG is real. It's been like 7 years

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

World for sure.

Sunbreak is also good but imo not as good as world. same for GU which is probably what i'd recommend if you want to see literally everything from the first 4 generations of the franchise

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I see Generations let you play as a palico.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't believe Atlus' fantasy RPG is real. It's been like 7 years

I hope it still has hella demons

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Jack Frost better be in it as a super boss or something

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

more than anything else the problem with world is being the first 5th gen game, it barely has any content. very few monsters that mostly use the same skeletons and, all the weapons look the same

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

especially sinful for hh, where all the electric guitars and keytars, theyre all bagpipes

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i never even finished world there was too much monsters and weapons to get to.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

How do you finish a MH?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hunt the monsters

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

How do you finish a MH?

i figured there was some more story stuff to go and a big boss monster who had a crown or something so you know its the king

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

homeless snail posted:

more than anything else the problem with world is being the first 5th gen game, it barely has any content. very few monsters that mostly use the same skeletons and, all the weapons look the same
it's a fine amount of content, especially with iceborne.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

iceborne rounds it out a bit but in general theres just way too many bird and brute wyverns. its a similar situation to mh3, where its just the product of them having to throw a lot of stuff away and its, pretty stark in juxtaposition to the game that came immediately before or after it (mh3 is even weirder though because, the game immediately after it also had to throw away a lot of mh3)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rinkles posted:

How do you finish a MH?

Yeah, I’ve never actually played one of those to be honest. Do they have “final bosses” per se?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well let's just hope World 2 spices things up a bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I’ve never actually played one of those to be honest. Do they have “final bosses” per se?
yes, there are "final" bosses where beating them rolls credits.

You can still go fight them again, but they are considered the endgame, like safejiva and such.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

find it hard to respect a monhan that doesnt have a nibelsnarf (sadly this includes rise)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAVz8h37Pq4

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

One day I have to start World, bought it and barely even played the tutorial? I have too much of a backlog and FFXIV first though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Larryb posted:

they have stories. theres always some kind of elder dragon loving things up that ultimately becomes the final boss at some kind of climactic location, on top of a mountain or some poo poo usually. either its a monster that's directly threatening a city, or causing some kind of natural disaster, or otherwise making the ecosystem go crazy

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
Recent Monster Hunters aren't even that long in terms of main story content. If you mainline it and you've played other Monster Hunter games before, you can easily reach the credits in like 30 hours or less. I played World and Rise on consoles, and then when I bought them again on PC they were very quick.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I got a closing credits around 30 hours into Rise, but it felt like such an inconsequential milestone because it was clear the game was still sandbagging a lot gameplaywise, and it didn't really solve the village's big issue (rampages persist), but the story is paper thin anyway.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1667986296323682305?t=WZiQkcAdzMTolK_IHXREKA&s=19

LITERALLY THE WORST OF BOTH WORLDS

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I would probably not play as the feMC but that sucks for people that want to that she’s stuck in possibly the worst version of the game

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

why did they even bother then

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:lmao: waste of loving time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I got a closing credits around 30 hours into Rise, but it felt like such an inconsequential milestone because it was clear the game was still sandbagging a lot gameplaywise, and it didn't really solve the village's big issue (rampages persist), but the story is paper thin anyway.
is that low rank credits? rise sadly, got hosed over by covid which makes the story a bit jerkier than normal