Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fun hater posted:

i dont think my help would be appreciated if historical precedent is anything to go by but the goon fund would benefit a lot from the creation of a simple webform for donations (im kind of boggled they just have stripe links in the op once you scroll for 800 years) and doing a charity drive to advertise its existence/get funds.

So to explain the links in like the middle of the OP. When we first set it up back in March, the biggest concern I had was making sure the fund was seen as wanting to give help and not just looking for funds. I wanted people to read about what we do so as to make people feel encouraged that we aren't just scamming people, which took a bit to convince GBS of that even after operating for 3 months.

We also do really need some artwork. Nice handy little icons that we can connect to a link that would catch people's eye would help.

Speng (fellow committee member) has offered to do a webform now, and also did so in the past, to help with stripe UI but it likely got forgotten about as nobody complained about stripe as an interface until this past weekend.

As for the charity drive, we actually did do one in April - which the covid thread easily won. It was CSPAM centric (though people did donate on behalf of other threads like the IZWF for instance). I've wanted to do a more forumwide one with a great idea someone sent me, but it needs admin buyin first... also artists lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

really queer Christmas posted:

We also do really need some artwork. Nice handy little icons that we can connect to a link that would catch people's eye would help.

use these imo https://gifcities.org/?q=donate

e: these are better

https://gifcities.org/?q=money

fun hater fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 11, 2023

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the sagas thread vote dips into 3 territory, the latest front in forums wars... a blow is struck for leftists everywhere...

related, i'm vaguely suspicious that something in the implementation of SAD changed how thread votes work across the forums, given that the pyf seal thread is gold with only like 9 votes and previously i think you needed like 25 or 50 for the vote to even show up on the forum index. i may well be wrong

Vote thresholds are set on a per-forum basis. It used to be 1 in FYAD, but I just checked and that's no longer the case.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm pretty sure 5 is the threshold for smaller subforums? IME it's 5.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ahahahaha

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I literally just saw that. lmao but :ohdear:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who was the original dogbricker58 again?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

facetoucher cat was the dog crusher

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The dog in this metaphor is the bourgeoisie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-z6H7AwXv4

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao hell yeah

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

lmao

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Lmao

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol

Homeless Friend posted:

somebody put up banner ads for the goonfund. but they improperly convey the cspam spirit. ive rectified this.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

fantastic lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Well done.

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

lmao

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

lmfao

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Merciful zeus

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

whenever plinkey gets unbanned, jeff should toss ten bucks into the goonfund jar

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

goddamn these taint reaper palette swaps are the worst part of tha sewer dungeon

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NoiseAnnoys posted:

goddamn these taint reaper palette swaps are the worst part of tha sewer dungeon

Ngl I thought you were talking about the trump thread

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Runa posted:

whenever plinkey gets unbanned, jeff should toss ten bucks into the goonfund jar

Bad shoot imo

Maybe there some backend stuff the admins know that makes them predisposed to it but he's literally replying to a goonfund person asking him directly.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
He asked if they wanted help first, he offered to help and then said no when they asked, and he was threadbanned from the last thread.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah he's just being a petty poo poo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

pentyne posted:

Bad shoot imo

Maybe there some backend stuff the admins know that makes them predisposed to it but he's literally replying to a goonfund person asking him directly.

For the record, he wasn't responding to a board member of the goonfund asking him to help, he was responding to a random person asking if there was a way to get Plinkey's past donors to switch over.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lets kill him

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

This is really the only way tbh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stinkey

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

I was literally just gonna say that you son of a bitch!!!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I was literally just gonna say that you son of a bitch!!!!!

:troll:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

brutally and insanely

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

the only ending for landlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
His response was deliberately inflammatory and obnoxious. Old mate trying to make himself the main character again after everyone has moved on.