Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Augus posted:

Two biggest missed opportunities in this game, imo
1) Not having Dark Zelda as a boss in Hyrule Castle

Yeah I spent the entire game expecting this and then they totally blue balled me. I'm still upset about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Poque posted:

Can't dye the Hero outfit??? Literally unplayable

I wish the champions tunic could be dyed.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I don't want to dye the champion's tunic but I do wish I could dye one of the classic caps the same shade of blue. Let me synthesize modern and classic Link dangit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

Yeah I spent the entire game expecting this and then they totally blue balled me. I'm still upset about it.

Getting the outfit dark link would look like is just rude

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

I don't want to dye the champion's tunic but I do wish I could dye one of the classic caps the same shade of blue. Let me synthesize modern and classic Link dangit.

The dye limitations seem like something a marketing/branding guidelines pdf had a thousand rules about not letting you change or alter their most recognizable outfits

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

MokBa posted:

you can dye one of the caps, the cap of the wild. which i haven't found but i assume is still in this game.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Poque posted:

Can't dye the Hero outfit??? Literally unplayable

There's a lot of outfits you can't dye and it's hosed up. It's bullshit I can't dye the fierce deity set pink

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I really wish you could combine clothing effects in some ways, because most of them wouldn't be crazy. You can already have a 60 defense triple-attack-up set pretty early on in the game, since all it takes to upgrade it are dragon parts that you don't even need to be close to the dragons to get. Just let me swim up waterfalls and wear the glide suit at the same time! Or the Zora Armor combined with the Froggy Armor so I can climb walls or swim up waterfalls around the area.

Or maybe there could be a middle-ground where you can take the well-worn headband, inlay it with Zonaite, and let me imbue it with one set bonus. Keep it at 0 armor IDGAF, but have the Great Fairies be able to just copy-paste a different clothing trait/set bonus that you've unlocked into it. Having 2/3 of other armor traits + 1 set bonus would still be nice, like having 2 pieces of the glide suit and 1 piece that gives the waterfall swimming ability. 1 piece of cold resist + the snow boots + night speed up would make running around the snowy areas a lot easier. No Fall Damage + two other pieces of armor would be a fun little addition, and there's already a nice trade-off there in that you'll get the glide suit set bonus without the glide suit's extra mobility.

I also personally think it's horse poo poo that Divine Beast armor pieces don't count toward their set bonuses. If I'm wearing Vah Rudania's Helmet + two pieces of the fire resist armor, and they're all Level 2, I should get the set bonus for the fire resist armor. Same with the Rubber Suit, the Snowquill Armor, and the Zora Armor :colbert:

bawk fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 11, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I'm hoping that the next Zelda game, in like 2035 or whenever, does all the traversal bonuses as a now classic upgrade system. I'd love to be able to just swim up waterfalls and control my glide and run faster and whatnot without having to switch armor around. If clothing were more purely aesthetic in BotW then I'd be constantly trying different outfits. It's a little disheartening to put on a fun outfit then lose 20 hearts to a single swing from a silver moblin.

Amppelix posted:

you can dye one of the caps, the cap of the wild. which i haven't found but i assume is still in this game.

Yeah but it's not the same blue. The light blue dye is very different than the like, pure cyan of the Champion color. I tried that first thing in BotW and was immediately disappointed.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This is probably as good a place to ask about as any. Before Tears of the Kingdom released, I saw a few different streamers who were playing through "Breath of the Wild: Second Wind" which looked like it had a bunch of stuff added to it, but on paper it doesn't look like it's crazy different. When I played through BOTW I was working odd hours and never finished it out fully. I beat the game, but I never did the Zora or Goron Divine Beasts. I got enough hearts for the Master Sword, dinked around for a little bit longer, then IRL stuff came up so I just walked up to Hyrule Castle and hopped into the Sanctum. I did actually visit Eldin and Lanayru, though, so I didn't entirely miss out on their content, but I never touched whatever might have been available after you beat their Divine Beasts. I think I was somewhere between 90 and 100 shrines total, as well. Never did play through all of the DLC. Would there be enough content between DLCs + 2 Divine Beasts + Second Wind mod to justify playing through it all over again, or am I more likely to finish the new content pretty quickly and burn out faster than I did for TOTK?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

MokBa posted:

I'm hoping that the next Zelda game, in like 2035 or whenever, does all the traversal bonuses as a now classic upgrade system. I'd love to be able to just swim up waterfalls and control my glide and run faster and whatnot without having to switch armor around. If clothing were more purely aesthetic in BotW then I'd be constantly trying different outfits. It's a little disheartening to put on a fun outfit then lose 20 hearts to a single swing from a silver moblin.

Yeah but it's not the same blue. The light blue dye is very different than the like, pure cyan of the Champion color. I tried that first thing in BotW and was immediately disappointed.

It should be like Majora's Mask except you just put the mask on once and it becomes part of your being permanently along with the others. Also if you collect all the skulltulas and no other items you get cursed into a skulltula and can try to beat the game that way.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope the next Zelda game lets me loving save armor presets so I don't have to switch to the flying/frog/Zora/flame set manually each time Jesus loving Christ Nintendo why did you not do this for TotK

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Given how relatively fewer bugs the whole building system has I'm wondering if QA focused almost exclusively on that and that's why the game has an overall sloppy UI, even in comparison to BotW.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Many may have already seen this, but these pro-tips/secrets are pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxgabpUBnM

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Frankston posted:

I hope the next Zelda game lets me loving save armor presets so I don't have to switch to the flying/frog/Zora/flame set manually each time Jesus loving Christ Nintendo why did you not do this for TotK

Yes!! Get rid of the Amiibo or Map abilities from the Ability Wheel and replace it with Armor Presets. Even if we could just set an armor preset for Snow/Heat/Glide/Other, I would be happy.

I also want to replace the sliding left-to-right item choice list when throwing items/fusing to arrows with another selection wheel that I get to choose the presets for, and make them different wheels whether I'm throwing an item or fusing to an arrow. Press ZR to shoot arrow -> Press Up on D-Pad to fuse with an item -> Use right stick to pick from the ability wheel and/or switch pages so I can flip through 6 or 7 items at a time instead of one-by-one.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Incidental boss fight spoilers

Beat my first gleeok encounter, the Frost one up by snowfield stable. What a fun fight, man. Probably my favorite boss in either this or BOTW. I guess the first stage of Calamity Ganon was pretty cool. The bit where you have to recall the icicle attacks to get up through the tornado it makes was cool as gently caress.

Trying to clear up some additional side quests before I go to Death Mountain. Finished the election in hateno, so I’m leaning towards doing the rest of the newspaper stable quests and trying to help the monster killing squads.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

So, finished the game the other day. What a gauntlet at the end. Only thing that felt weird was I just kinda stumbled into finding the "fifth" sage between sages two and three. Then I find there's a whole quest chain about removing storm clouds and journeying through the island chain.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Frankston posted:

I'm really going to just sell my extraneous outfits at this point. My main one is almost bottom of the drat list.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Okay you know how they incorporated bomb glitch hopping from BOTW into gameplay in TOTK

BOTW3 should incorporate dupe glitches and flying NPC glitches into gameplay. C’mon Nintendo I know you can do anything now

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Before collecting all the tears, is there a good place to gather Silent Princess? I don't need many, just more than 1-2 at a time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
BOTW3 has dupes, but if you sell more than six of any item at a time the store clerks get suspicious, depending on value and rarity they might catch on to you, like selling more than fifteen diamonds in one go. You become wanted for a period of time.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Before collecting all the tears, is there a good place to gather Silent Princess? I don't need many, just more than 1-2 at a time.

Satori Mountain is still one of the best gathering spots in Hyrule. There's plenty around the lake on the southwest side.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bruceski posted:

There's an OK amount in the Korok Forest if I remember right. Not in the dozens, but I think there's a few around the master sword pedestal and a few more around there.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Bruceski posted:

There's a good number at the spot near Tarrey Town where a great fairy fountain was in BotW. It's right next to a shrine, too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/zelda_kouryaku/status/1667725590202568715?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Unforgivable

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

What do the divine beast helmets do? None of the clickbait articles that explain where they are actually say.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ogmius815 posted:

What do the divine beast helmets do? None of the clickbait articles that explain where they are actually say.

They act as a variation on the Flamebreaker/Zora/Rubber/Snowquill sets and give extra dialog I think? They don't give the set bonus though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

When you wear them your sage avatars have the helmets of the OG sages on.

Otherwise I just used Vah Rudania as a way to have two levels of flame guard without paying extra.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Ogmius815 posted:

Some elemental protection, sages wear the same masks as well.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

So I just beat the game and that Zelda horn theme from the last trailer isn’t in the game? Wtf

The progression and resolution of the end game sequence is A+. Glad I dyed my soldier greaves pink for the occasion .

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
As I understand it, the divine beast helmets buff their respective Sage as if they had been buffed with 4 Sages Wills. Not sure if it stacks.

What are some fun weapon combinations? There's the Forest Dweller weapons that make Puffshrooms / Muddlebuds reusable, and putting a cannon on a spear lets you aim bombs for easier mining. Putting a mushroom on something is mostly useless but on a hit it'll send an enemy flying, so that's at least got utility for thinning herds. What have y'all come up with. (anything cool to put on a shield also accepted)

Your Uncle Dracula fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 11, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

As I understand it, the divine beast helmets buff their respective Sage as if they had been buffed with 4 Sages Wills. Not sure if it stacks.

What are some fun weapon combinations? There's the Forest Dweller weapons that make Puffshrooms / Muddlebuds reusable, and putting a cannon on a spear lets you aim bombs for easier mining. Putting a mushroom on something is mostly useless but on a hit it'll send an enemy flying, so that's at least got utility for thinning herds. What have y'all come up with.

Mushroom weapons are pretty fun if you're fighting around water, lava, or quicksand. Just send them flying to their deaths(Unless they're Lizafols).

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

MorningMoon posted:

BOTW3 has dupes, but if you sell more than six of any item at a time the store clerks get suspicious, depending on value and rarity they might catch on to you, like selling more than fifteen diamonds in one go. You become wanted for a period of time.
BOTW3 has dupes but if you do it then people start calling you DUPER, and if you try to sell a duped item the shopkeeper kills you with a lightning bolt :shopkeeper:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

What are some fun weapon combinations? There's the Forest Dweller weapons that make Puffshrooms / Muddlebuds reusable, and putting a cannon on a spear lets you aim bombs for easier mining. Putting a mushroom on something is mostly useless but on a hit it'll send an enemy flying, so that's at least got utility for thinning herds. What have y'all come up with. (anything cool to put on a shield also accepted)

Oh man, my first time with a Forest Dweller Spear I put a red chu jelly on the end, blew myself up, burned the spear, and wrote it off as a gimmick that needed too much work-around to bother with (yellow jelly and the lightning helm crossed my mind, never bothered actually doing it). I completely forgot there's non-damaging tools that would count!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What are good things to fuse with shields? Rubies and sapphires can help you in adverse weather weapons and spiky things give you an offensive edge. Exploding things don’t damage you, unlike if you fuse them with weapons, which is nice.

Carts, ice sheets, and sleds are good for sliding.

Zonai devices seem a bit hit or miss. You get a projectile that’s hard to aim that drains your durability, or one use of an object like a spring that’s otherwise reusable if not portable. I tried experimenting with a hover stone to see what it could do, and from what I could tell it mostly just drained its durability.

What’s good if I just want to increase my defense? Bonus if it doesn’t stick out from my back in an absurd fashion.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
President Hudson stand is the best thing to put on a shield because he's always got your back. The Luminous Titan heart seems to offer a fair amount of durability with the bonus of light glow when in the dark. Yiga spikes is good as a deterrent for enemies that are in your face. Rockets can short-circuit shrines pretty easily.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

What are good things to fuse with shields? Rubies and sapphires can help you in adverse weather weapons and spiky things give you an offensive edge. Exploding things don’t damage you, unlike if you fuse them with weapons, which is nice.

Carts, ice sheets, and sleds are good for sliding.

Zonai devices seem a bit hit or miss. You get a projectile that’s hard to aim that drains your durability, or one use of an object like a spring that’s otherwise reusable if not portable. I tried experimenting with a hover stone to see what it could do, and from what I could tell it mostly just drained its durability.

What’s good if I just want to increase my defense? Bonus if it doesn’t stick out from my back in an absurd fashion.

Frozen Prime Meat will act just like Ice does but without melting, but sleds and carts are so ubiquitous that you'd only use it in a pinch

Fusing a Wing to a shield will make your initial shield-jump high enough that you can use your bow in slow-mo, but you'll only get one shot off even if you're fast.

Any kind of strong hammer-like object will let you use the shield parry as a means of breaking rocks, so I've been doing that to break rocks in caves since I rarely go through shields.

Besides fusing stuff to shields, you can also fuse shields to stuff. Putting a good shield on a 2-handed weapon will let you block with it, so you don't have to go entirely shield-less but you also won't get as much damage.

Bruceski posted:

Oh man, my first time with a Forest Dweller Spear I put a red chu jelly on the end, blew myself up, burned the spear, and wrote it off as a gimmick that needed too much work-around to bother with (yellow jelly and the lightning helm crossed my mind, never bothered actually doing it). I completely forgot there's non-damaging tools that would count!

If you put a Dazzlefruit on the end of one, that can be your designated Stalfos killer. One swipe will take out anybody in range without using up the Dazzlefruit

bawk fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 11, 2023

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

bawk posted:

If you put a Dazzlefruit on the end of one, that can be your designated Stalfos killer. One swipe will take out anybody in range without using up the Dazzlefruit

excellent idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

MokBa posted:

I'm hoping that the next Zelda game, in like 2035 or whenever, does all the traversal bonuses as a now classic upgrade system. I'd love to be able to just swim up waterfalls and control my glide and run faster and whatnot without having to switch armor around.

I'm kinda mad that didn't do this for this game. The armor swapping is mechanic is useless tedium and really just serves as an armor tax for not grinding out their enhancements. Have food/elixirs give X amount of protection in hearts instead of a timer, and let the effects of potions stack.

And make non-slip potions not suck.

And put this game on PC so I can jsut download mods instead of putting up with tedium.

Nintendo! :argh:

I had fun with all of the puzzles, and for all of its flaws, the crafting system made for some really fun toys.

Are there any item dupes that work in the latest version? I'd rather not grind out more large zonite to max out my batteries, or small zonite so I can actually summon build materials.