Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
For reference if some of these names are unfamiliar:

Dawn Benett (Aigis): Female Shez (Fire Emblem Three Hopes), Yukong (Honkai Star Rail)
Alejandro Saab (Akihiko): Osvald (Octopath Traveler II)
Suzie Yeung (Fuuka): Ochette (Octopath Traveler II)
Zeno Robinson (Junpei): Fogado (Fire Emblem Engage)
Justine Lee (Ken): Sumire (Path to Nowhere), I dunno any of her games
Allegra Clark (Mitsuru): Dorothea, Shamir (Fire Emblem Three Houses)
Aleks Le (MC): Luke (Street Fighter 6)
Justice Slocum (Shinjiro): ??????
Heather Gonzalez (Yukari): Elincia, Cherche (Fire Emblem Heroes)

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Suzie Yeung is probably best known as FFVIIR's Yuffie or Makima in Chainsaw Man, for recent roles

e: also Justice Slocum's imdb page is very brief so I don't have a great read on his voice.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Allegra Clark (Mitsuru): Dorothea, Shamir (Fire Emblem Three Houses)

she was also Boss from AI Somnium Files

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blossommirage posted:

Leaving out Koromaru, guess he'll be sitting on the bench just like Hamuko. orz
hes just voiced by stock dog noises op

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Yeah Slocum looks like a very new VA (oldest work is 2020), and none of those are major roles in anything most people who play Persona might play.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

ApplesandOranges posted:

For reference if some of these names are unfamiliar:

Dawn Benett (Aigis): Female Shez (Fire Emblem Three Hopes), Yukong (Honkai Star Rail)
Alejandro Saab (Junpei): Osvald (Octopath Traveler II)
Suzie Yeung (Aigis): Ochette (Octopath Traveler II)
Zeno Robinson (Junpei): Fogado (Fire Emblem Engage)

saab is akihiko and yeung is fuuka fyi

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Oh whoops that's what I get for speedtyping

Either way I'm excited for this new cast, though I'm definitely gonna miss the old Yukari. I guess Liz is also getting replaced if Mitsuru is.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Now there's confirmation that FeMC and Answer aren't included.

quote:

"So first I'd like to mention that since the basic concept of the Persona 3 remake was to remake the Persona 3, we don't have the FES and Portable contents included," Niitsuma said. "We wanted to really genuinely work on recreating the Persona 3 experience."

anakha fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 11, 2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shame that we're going to lose the trivia that both English pairs for the protagonist and their Velvet Room attendant are married

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Guess that means no Aigis s link either, pretty goofy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they could have an aigis s. link but like, a new one, i guess? its weird to go with 'we wanted to recreate the original persona 3' but also 'there's new scenes and s. links'

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If they're not including the FES/P3P content (other than I assume mechanical changes), then no way to save Shinjiro or Chihiro, I guess.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s kind of funny to say recreate the experience when I assume most players played the rereleases

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

if they'r egonna be faithful to the originals they better keep the AI party members, SLinks being real tight to max out and having to study half the nights to max out knowledge

They can take away the forced romances though

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

recreating the original p3, but protag is still locked to swords

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

if they'r egonna be faithful to the originals they better keep the AI party members, SLinks being real tight to max out and having to study half the nights to max out knowledge

They can take away the forced romances though

The good news is that I won't care about maxing all the SLinks since Kenji is there.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

recreating the original p3, but protag is still locked to swords

no!!!!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Direct link to the P5T theme song "Revolution in Your Heart" by Lynn

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

his contribution is gonna be "persona" and like, several variations of "HA" and "OOF"

He will probably also voice Ryoji.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

welp now we are morally allowed to raise pitchforks for every FES/P3P thing they could have added but didn't. like replacing the Moon SLink

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hoping they didn't gently caress up the AI tactics options. They were useless in 4 and 5

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Maybe by "not including FES content" they mean "The Answer" specifically and not some of the QoL additions or costumes n'stuff? Because man, that would be a weird step backwards for no reason.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They're not gonna include FES so they can do another rerelease ala Golden and Royal

Again

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Neeksy posted:

Maybe by "not including FES content" they mean "The Answer" specifically and not some of the QoL additions or costumes n'stuff? Because man, that would be a weird step backwards for no reason.

I'm honestly assuming it's this yeah.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Some summarized translations from the Japanese site for P5T:

• Based on the story information, this story takes place "On a snowy day close to graduation". Joker's character information also describes him as a "second year", so timeline-wise this would appear to occur right before Makoto's and Haru's graduation.
  • The new girl "Elle" is the leader of the "Revolutionary Army" who saves the Phantom Thieves from a dangerous threat and works out a deal with the Phantom Thieves to gain their cooperation. She's described as someone who's energetic and cheerful, but tends to jump into things without thinking them through.
  • There's also mention of a Day 1 DLC:

quote:

The long-awaited character not mentioned in the main storyline makes an appearance! DLC "Repaint Your Heart" will be released at the same time as the game to enjoy battles with new storylines and rules.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'the long-awaited character' is probably akechi tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's very strange he's not in it, so yeah, probs

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So I guess this takes place between Royal and Strikers. Joker getting more forced time in with the Thieves than Yu did with the Investigation Team.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Endorph posted:

'the long-awaited character' is probably akechi tbh

Given the hints at the game's placement in the overall P5 timeline, this game's events would likely occur after the completion of the 7th Palace.

That makes me curious how they'll incorporate Akechi into the storyline if he is indeed the hinted first DLC character.

anakha fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 11, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

So I guess this takes place between Royal and Strikers. Joker getting more forced time in with the Thieves than Yu did with the Investigation Team.

Graduation is Japan is typically in March, and the game description mentions "a snowy day", so most likely it occurs somewhere in the downtime between Feb 14th and March 19th in P5/Royal.

If that's correct, then there's not likely to be any Strikers DLCs at all since this is looking to be a midquel.

anakha fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 11, 2023

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Sad about no The Answer, but I was prepared for that back when that initial leak happened when it was described as P3 without P3P or FES.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Answer is not good, so I'm not too bummed about not having it, though there was always the potential they'd tighten it up and make it less of a chore to get through

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i didnt love the answer gameplay wise but i thought the story content was decent

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Akechi sure as gently caress got mentioned in the main storyline, so I'm holding out hope for Kasumi.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shyrka posted:

Akechi sure as gently caress got mentioned in the main storyline, so I'm holding out hope for Kasumi.

i assumed they meant 'mentioned in the main storyline of P5T'

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

then no way to save Shinjiro or Chihiro, I guess.

good

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Endorph posted:

i didnt love the answer gameplay wise but i thought the story content was decent

Yeah its a bit of a slog in some parts gameplay wise, and the axing of the compendium is pretty rough, but I really did like what was going on with it a lot.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm still holding on to the rumor that the Royal team is leading P6's development, they seem like a good bunch. The only bathhouse scene they added was the one with Akechi, and it managed to be both gay and not horny, best of both worlds.

anakha posted:

The P5T site says there would be DLC with "desired characters".

P5R/P5S fans hoping the crossover finally happens.

atlus please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

it should have been gay and horny