Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I said come in! posted:

I am absolutely buying the controller.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1667991586293129216?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Avowed looks like a Rope Kid game. Pentiment was pretty small, so I just assumed he has been juggling multiple projects. Currently working on Avowed, and The Outer Worlds 2 I assume?

While Pentiment isn't the largest game he was the director of the game and looks like sole writer as well, I'd imagine that would of kept him pretty busy. Although yeah no idea what he's up to know. Possibly helping out with either of those two, although Obsidian seems to have quite a few different games going so there could be other projects he's working on. Grounded seem to just come out of nowhere so it's possible they have other announced titles in various stages of development as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yep already ordered! It'll be delivered June 14th. :toot:

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Rope Kid, where the gently caress are you? Thank you for Avowed, it looks amazing.

Seriously, it looks incredible and was my game of the show.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Starfield fancypants edition is also up for $300 for people who have too much money or not enough sense

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/starfield-constellation-edition-xbox-series-x/6548063.p

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Headset is up too.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1667996024072224768?s=20

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

xK1 posted:

Starfield fancypants edition is also up for $300 for people who have too much money or not enough sense

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/starfield-constellation-edition-xbox-series-x/6548063.p

That watch has got to be cheap as gently caress for being included in a $300 set.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
X box has won.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

That watch has got to be cheap as gently caress for being included in a $300 set.

I know its a joke but I hope nobody would expect a watch included in a game collectors bundle to be like, good

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Blue Raider posted:

Payday 3 too

Another participant in Microsoft's "We'll bail you out if you put the game on game pass day one. " program.

raccoon.bmp
Feb 16, 2023

🦝

I said come in! posted:

It's probably one of those real cheap smartwatches you can't add apps to, just better made. They only cost $30 or so, but they aren't as fun

https://www.amazon.com/AGPTEK-Waterproof-Smartwatch-Activity-Pedometer/dp/B08HMRY8NG/

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm a little disappointed that the black series S is likely to be the only hardware refresh this year. I know we are unlikely to get a Pro or physically smaller update anytime soon this cycle, but I was holding out hope for a 2TB series X, maybe without a disc drive for them to manage costs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Im not normally into gimmick peripherals but that Starfield controller and headset look dope as gently caress.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the black series S is likely to be the only hardware refresh this year. I know we are unlikely to get a Pro or physically smaller update anytime soon this cycle, but I was holding out hope for a 2TB series X, maybe without a disc drive for them to manage costs.

bizarre to me they didnt just make series x 2TB at the same price point. There must be a lot of people buying the S?

Starfield looks really, really good. Like the combat looks at least as good as Cyberpunk, but with tacked on squadrons power management dog fighting in space. I am officially hyped.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Is starfield all realtime combat or are there rpg/vats type elements?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Avowed looks like a Rope Kid game. Pentiment was pretty small, so I just assumed he has been juggling multiple projects. Currently working on Avowed, and The Outer Worlds 2 I assume?

Pretty sure Josh has gently caress all to do with it OP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I know its a joke but I hope nobody would expect a watch included in a game collectors bundle to be like, good

Fair, I only have a 4th gen Apple Watch, so I am not up to date on what to expect from watches.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Pretty sure Josh has gently caress all to do with it OP

I guess we will need him to chime in here with an answer.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
He is too busy posting in the watch thread or posting about old bicycles to do any work. Lazy!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Feels Villeneuve posted:

X box has won.

easy win

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

priznat posted:

didn't show any vats so probably real time?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They covered a lot of combat stuff in the Starfield Direct, so I would think if they were doing VATS or something like that it would have come up.

Re: hardware refreshes, that seems like kind of a waste when you have one decent console and one console that is basically running top-tier last gen hardware.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

priznat posted:

Looked realtime to me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Seemed like the ship combat had something VATS-esque

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
vats became bullet time in fallout 4 so it's real surprising that todd isn't adding in some form of it here

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Seemed like the ship combat had something VATS-esque

yeah, that was cool, you could target certain systems

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wouldn't say that's VATS, that kind of thing goes way back to TIE Fighter on PC

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Lammasu posted:

Another participant in Microsoft's "We'll bail you out if you put the game on game pass day one. " program.

Is it going to be on game pass?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

Is it going to be on game pass?
Yes

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePassPC/status/1667958037548781568?s=20

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Awesome

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Microsoft seriously said here’s what the all digital console should’ve had storage wise from the start, that’ll be another $100 please.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Lot of super rad games shown off, Avowed looking good and Starfield looked surprisingly like it makes sense? So many hints of other games, but in good ways.

Also as one of the many people who bought a Series S cause I got other things to spend the extra money on instead of worrying about grafics I am glad for my contribution to your annoyance :smug:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
If it weren't for the Series S and Game Pass I would be entirely priced out of this generation of gaming.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Perry Mason Jar posted:

If it weren't for the Series S and Game Pass I would be entirely priced out of this generation of gaming.

Same. My Series S was AU$400. The only places with the Series X wanted almost a grand. Not worth it. I know a lot of people with Series S' who love them. They're great lil boxes.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

hatty posted:

Matt Booty

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

lol Todd saying he’s been playing Starfield mostly on his S because his kids are always hogging the X.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I should play pillars of eternity. Are they cool to just jump into?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Series S was a great idea for sales etc but a loving terrible thing for the generation as a whole. Do y’all who bought an S not know about Xbox All Access

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

External Organs posted:

I should play pillars of eternity. Are they cool to just jump into?

the first one is boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The Series S is cute and that's reason enough for it to exist. its the only normal sized console out right now