Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CSM posted:

"Posadism attempts to introduce elements of Ufology into Marxist thought. Arguing that only communism can allow the development of interplanetary travel, they concluded that visiting aliens from other planets must live in highly advanced communist societies and are bound to help Earth-based communists with bringing about the world revolution. "

Well, that was a very entertaining Wikipedia lookup.

You missed the part about Posadism where they believe that total nuclear war is a good thing and a necessary stage for developing a communist utopia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

Lmao just thinking about how the tankies would resolve that one
It's actually China that is good. Russia is just useful for owning the lib. So if China decide to fix some historical mistakes, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Rust Martialis posted:

No, they don't. They say the exact opposite - that there is an erroneous perception that blacks experience less pain.

https://www.aamc.org/news/how-we-fail-black-patients-pain

Just google "racial bias pain management"
I remember reading that at this point some doctors might still have the biased perception and under-prescribe for minorities, but yeah I'm sure no current journal would say that "black people don't feel pain" or something.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1667925508414230528
95 POWs have come home.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

TulliusCicero posted:

How much progress has Ukraine made in 5 days that Russia couldn't manage to take a single city in a loving year lmao

Ukraine should really just Love Peace and give up half their country to an army they are routing though
Russia made progress in some places in their winter offensive as well. It's tway too early to call this offensive more successful.

Nobody is being routed.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Tuna-Fish posted:

You missed the part about Posadism where they believe that total nuclear war is a good thing and a necessary stage for developing a communist utopia.

these people just watched star trek didnt they

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

We have yet to see the full scope of the horrors unleashed by the coming generation of armchair revolutionaries who grew up on anime

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tuna-Fish posted:

You can't spell Posadism without sadism.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

McGavin posted:

You can't spell Posadism without sadism.

Is that name an idiot filter like poorly typed Nigerian scam mails? If you see an ideology mostly called 'sadism' and are still cool with it you're the kind of true believer they want and anyone repelled by it is a softie anyway.

I know it's named after the founder but still, there are plenty of other names to use.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HonorableTB posted:

It also has space dolphins

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russian first line of defense penetrated at Makarivka and Levadne, Novodonetske, Storozheve, Nesuchne liberated.

E: Pro-russian telegrams are sending around the same messaging, verbatim and translated:

quote:

The enemy breakthrough at the junction of the #Zaporizhzhia Front has expanded: ours cover the lost positions and counterattack

▪️A difficult situation is developing in the South Donetsk direction, the enemy, after using large forces and flank attacks, occupied 3 small villages on the Vremevsky ledge.

▪️Under the threat of encirclement after attacks in the rear near Levadnoe and Urozhaynoye, our people left Neskuchnoe, Blagodatnoe and Storozhevoe, they report from the spot.

▪️In today's report of the Ministry of Defense for yesterday, it directly confirms the advance of the enemy on the Vremevsky ledge, it says that aviation hit the accumulations of manpower and equipment of the 1st brigade of the President of Ukraine, the 110th brigade of the TerO, the 72nd mechanized and 1st tank brigades Armed Forces of Ukraine in the areas of N. p. Novodonetskoye, Neskuchnoye, Storozhevoye and the state farm "October" of the DPR (just 3 villages where the breakthrough of the Armed Forces of Ukraine).

▪️Earlier it was reported that our units were forced to leave Neskuchnoe and Blagodatnoe, and now also Storozhevoe, retreating to positions where they are not threatened by encirclement.

▪️Today, heavy MLRS are already hitting the enemy.
Ukrainian military propagandists describe the situation as follows:
"The Armed Forces of Ukraine have entrenched themselves south of the village of Neskuchnoe.
➨ Part of the village of Storozhevoe has moved into the gray zone.
➨ Russian troops launched a series of counterattacks in the direction of the village of Neskuchnoye and the village of Blagodatnoye.

▪️The Russian Aerospace Forces and artillery continue to strike at the places of accumulation of enemy forces on the tip in the abandoned points and throughout the area.

▪️ The fighting continues.

With this situation unfolding it is likely that there is no serious Russian presence at Novodarivka and Rivnopil, unless they want to be encircled.

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 11, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1667946141797826562
What airdefense doing?
(Footage is SFW)

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1667940048699011072?t=kave4qEJkeGYTykGm5UMsw&s=19

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know if Ukraine is using tethered drones? There's a lot of talk about 2.4ghz jamming and what not but these would avoid this problem and still provide good visibility in the shorter range.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://t.me/annamaliar/840

Makarivka reported as liberated.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

This is the face of someone who still doesn't believe they've been freed. Kind of nuts.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Another example of a fascist seeking missile working perfectly.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

anonumos posted:

I think that if China said gently caress IT and invaded Russia, the whole world would step aside.

Sakhalin with Chinese Characteristics

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

HonorableTB posted:

tell me more about those ukronazis, popular russian voenkor telegram channel with tens of thousands of subscribers

And as far as whether Ukraine has taken Russian positions, they have in several places that I've seen reports from. Russian sources are screaming for air support, Ukrainian sources are silent

Is that a Stars and Bars? A loving Confederate Flag?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CannonFodder posted:

Could also be this piece of poo poo

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

That's more likely to be the flag of Novorossiya

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

CannonFodder posted:

See above. Besides, St. Andrew's cross is not an uncommon heraldic device and is associated with the Russian navy, in fact the colors of that Novorossiya flag are basically just the Russian naval jack with extra parts (I assume that's not a coincidence). Assuming it's the (most common) Confederate (battle) flag is something of a fallacy here and inserting American history and politics where it doesn't really belong.

edit: also somewhat interestingly "Stars and Bars" is the actual official (-ish possibly, I'm not sure they ever decisively adopted an official flag) confederate flag, but the one that's seen everywhere and that's become iconic is just one of the many battle flags they used that somehow became really popular afterwards and is not really what was referred to with "Stars and Bars".

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 11, 2023

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah but I see what he means, the stripes do seem to have little star-like objects in them that these Novorossiya flags do not

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuna-Fish posted:

I’d like to see an experiment where scientists see if you can create a singularity caused by being so far up one’s own butt.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Huh, you're right. If you zoom in that absolutely looks like a Confederate flag. Maybe the same person responsible for getting the Sims last year was tasked with getting a Novorossiya flag

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots
I mean I wouldn't put it past the crowd doing "roman salutes"

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Randarkman posted:

Assuming it's the (most common) Confederate (battle) flag is something of a fallacy here and inserting American history and politics where it doesn't really belong.

I can't speak for this instance in particular but the stars and bars are absolutely used by far right/separatist movements internationally

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

That is 110% the Confederate battle standard, yes.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn't put it past Russian nationalists to try to gain sympathy among the American far right by waving the Confederate flag.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Late response, but since it got quoted on this page:

HonorableTB posted:

tell me more about those ukronazis, popular russian voenkor telegram channel with tens of thousands of subscribers

The traitorous Spaniard who runs that page is a full-blown Nazi. Like, "collects money on behalf of Alexei Milchakov, literal puppy torturer and Nazi"-level Nazi.

And whenever they attack "ukronazis", they mock them for not being sufficiently nazist, like when Azov guys had a friendly meeting with some Jewish supporters, or whenever they appear in the same photo as non-white people in general.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
lmao that is comically evil, its like that phrase "more catholic than the pope" but its "more nazi than the fuhrer"

Here's some more cope from a popular voenkor channel where they have entered the dooming stage it seems

e: yikes didnt see that f-slur, thanks toxic mental. editing it out to ink over it

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 11, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

good

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1668003469863550983

lmao at this alternate reality

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Germany jealous of all those looted regular toilets. Tired of sitting backwards to poo poo

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Germans haven't had political change since 1943!!!

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

There's still Germans alive after all freezing to death?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CSM posted:

There's still Germans alive after all freezing to death?

i'm curious, is there a reason for you having the 56th motorized brigade patch for an av? i turned avatars back on the first time in forever and that's an interesting one

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I love that this propaganda is just so bad. I mean it's so deep too. But most of the families that were getting laundry machines etc early on in the war see this poo poo and will realize the hypocrisy. They know how much Ukraine has and the voice calls I've heard describe the Russian soldiers telling their families that every house has a laundry machine or a dish washer etc.

It's a small little weird fact.

So that's the other thing that prescribes this to be failing in an elongated war, Russian propaganda is ready made for a few week conflict and just basically went on repeat a couple months into the war. Now everyone's starting to lose their programming and actually calling each other out because so much has happened that they realize the early hypocrisies were bullshit. I will say another Russian TV show right on Russia one that I watched had solely off and somebody else arguing that the Germans were starving and basically said we know you're lying you you know you're lying like come on. Which is completely counter to what was said literally today by this state media apparatus.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

i'm curious, is there a reason for you having the 56th motorized brigade patch for an av? i turned avatars back on the first time in forever and that's an interesting one
I dared post in the c-spam thread.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CSM posted:

I dared post in the c-spam thread.

ahh gotcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Doesn't seem very sfw if your job is working on that thing.