Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'll take worse graphics and being able to justify a game box over an expensive game box with more pixels tbh.

Any game that has been fun to play and people like seems to be absolutely fine on the S, so I don't really care about hobbling the current generation frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

that headset isnt worth 125 but it is sharp

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

that headset isnt worth 125 but it is sharp

If I needed a new headset I would get it, but otherwise yeah.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I thought that game that looked like super "botw climbing" looked chill as hell. Jusant. I always did enjoy the botw climbing.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I'm on the S box because they were way easier to find 2 years ago or whenever availability was tough. I'm dumb enough that I'll probably upgrade to whenever they refresh the X somehow, but the S is fine. Good, even. Quick resume is cool.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

External Organs posted:

I thought that game that looked like super "botw climbing" looked chill as hell. Jusant. I always did enjoy the botw climbing.

play sable if you haven't. it has a lot of that sort of thing and is VERY chill

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Enrico la Spaniard
Dec 15, 2021

External Organs posted:

I should play pillars of eternity. Are they cool to just jump into?

First one is pretty depressing in atmosphere and tone, which is why I like it more than the sequel, despite that being, objectively, the better game. Both are quite good, though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Series S was a great idea for sales etc but a loving terrible thing for the generation as a whole. Do y’all who bought an S not know about Xbox All Access

I can't believe the Series S is holding back all those many nex-gen exclusive games from reaching their full potential

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

External Organs posted:

I should play pillars of eternity. Are they cool to just jump into?

I tried to play the first one like 4 or 5 times and just couldn't get into it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Really good show by Xbox. I really think they will blow Playstation away if the Activision Blizzard deal passes through. 11 first party games is already so much and we still didn't get anything from some of their biggest studios. And playstation is pivoting into liveservice games which imo playstation hardcore audience won't like.

Also Gamepass keeps winning.

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm a little disappointed that the black series S is likely to be the only hardware refresh this year. I know we are unlikely to get a Pro or physically smaller update anytime soon this cycle, but I was holding out hope for a 2TB series X, maybe without a disc drive for them to manage costs.

Pretty sure it’s their way of raising the price on a series s without the bad press of a price hike. Are they discontinuing the 500 gb series s?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MJBuddy posted:

I tried to play the first one like 4 or 5 times and just couldn't get into it.

the sequel is much better and what everyone recommends playing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kinda crazy to believe that a current-gen console actually has games on the way

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I said come in! posted:

the sequel is much better and what everyone recommends playing.

do you need to know a bunch of lore/characters to get into it?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
if a game can't run on a Series S it has too much graphics

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
starfield looks dope

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Not surprising but I'm sure some will be disappointed. I'll be playing on pc so I don't care but at least it's out there.

4K 30 fps on Series X
1440p 30 fps on Series S

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1668038299594760194

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 12, 2023

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

the most powerful console in the world

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

do you need to know a bunch of lore/characters to get into it?

Nope, its a true sequel but you really wont feel like youre missing anything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Not surprising but I'm sure some will be disappointed. I'll be playing on pc so I don't care but at least it's out there.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1668038299594760194

Okay PC it is then. 30fps feels terrible for me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Come on Bethesda lock the pc version to 30 too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
30FPS is fine if it’s stable which it won’t be

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

amazed they got 1440 on a series s

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
As long as it's steady I don't care if a game is 30 FPS personally. I'll probably be playing Starfield on PC due to mods, but I'll probably also play on Series X due to it being on gamepass.

Actually that makes me wonder - are mods compatible with the PC gamepass version of BGS games? I already owned steam versions of everything before they ever went on gamepass so I've never bothered to check. It'd be nice to be able to play with mods without having to purchase the game.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bethesda are pathetic

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Pobrecito posted:

As long as it's steady I don't care if a game is 30 FPS personally. I'll probably be playing Starfield on PC due to mods, but I'll probably also play on Series X due to it being on gamepass.

yeah, i have a series x so i'll do a playthrough on that too

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t care about fps really and also am looking forward to Starfield and think it looks cool but it’s also so loving pathetic that they can’t even get a game that looks like an early PS4/Xbone game to run at 60 on a console as powerful as the Series X lmao. What are they huffing over there

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It looks a bit better than an early PS4 game imo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

amazed they got 1440 on a series s

It's likely going to be some form of reconstruction/upsampling on both consoles.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I don’t care about fps really and also am looking forward to Starfield and think it looks cool but it’s also so loving pathetic that they can’t even get a game that looks like an early PS4/Xbone game to run at 60 on a console as powerful as the Series X lmao. What are they huffing over there

come on lol

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ryse son of rome looked good

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Phil claimed they didn't give Arkane enough support to guarantee 60 fps in Redfall on launch, yet they probably threw a lot of support behind Starfield and no 60 there either. So what is it, Phil?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

y’all are right. maybe late PS3/360

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

if lookin like asian tom selleck is wrong, i dont wanna be right

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

Phil claimed they didn't give Arkane enough support to guarantee 60 fps in Redfall on launch, yet they probably threw a lot of support behind Starfield and no 60 there either. So what is it, Phil?

Like just give us a performance mode that is 1080p and 60fps, that should still be able to do settings that are comparable to high settings on PC, surely?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If it was 60 they'd have been shouting it from the rooftops for months now. It was always gonna be 30. It's a gamebryo RPG, of course they're gonna have it running at 30 so there can be too many polygons in the crap sitting on all the tables and so the game can track the sleep cycle of a spider monster on the other side of the map. They use characters' hats as vehicles, of course it's running at 30. Knocking it down to 1080p would probably make it run worse, somehow. Non-Zelda Game of the Year, right here.

30 more frames per second than Playstation

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gamebryo games always ran like poo poo on playstation anyway

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blue Raider posted:

gamebryo games always ran like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Show was good. The new flight sim stuff is extremely hype. The climbing game looks like it could be quite fun.