Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Gonna be so fun when I have to live under full blown fascism as the world crumbles and my neighbors all decide it was trans people and immigrants who changed the weather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's gone from a month of no perception & high temps -- enough to kill lawns and blow up dust -- but now we're looking at at least a week of continual rain.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It's gone from a month of no perception & high temps -- enough to kill lawns and blow up dust -- but now we're looking at at least a week of continual rain.

If you take the average of this range I believe you'll find perfectly normal weather.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

*Pounding the table*
Dust bowl 2.
Dust bowl 2.
Dust bowl 2.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Can't wait for the heavy metal arsenic storms to start blowing through the plains

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

The Demilich posted:

Can't wait for the heavy metal arsenic storms to start blowing through the plains

people still won’t wear a loving mask, don’t worry

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Demilich posted:

just don’t live in Utah

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Elderbean posted:

Gonna be so fun when I have to live under full blown fascism as the world crumbles and my neighbors all decide it was trans people and immigrants who changed the weather.

There's a pretty strong correlation between CO2 levels and trans identified individuals in recent decades. Immigration too... :thinkdorm:

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

RadiRoot posted:

just don’t live in Utah

Too late I’m probably breathing the GSL arscenic rn. Although we did get a lot of snow and rain

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Extremely dry spring leaves southern Albertan farmers on the road to ‘zero production’

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

toggle posted:

don't forget to vote guys

Laterite posted:

vote the pain away, vote the pain away

Rah! posted:

lol

vote!

Loucks posted:

look at this doomer :rolleyes:

vote!

toggle posted:

don’t forget to vote

Venomous posted:

Don't care. Vote

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Vote white boy vote

Karach posted:

sure, vote.

lobotomy molo posted:

#organize #Vote

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

national election coming up in 2024 in the US. shaping up to be the most important election of my life

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

bedpan posted:

national election coming up in 2024 in the US. shaping up to be the most important election of my life

yup. i'm voting afro man a nd failing that im voting trump. the only two ppl that will fix climate change.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
i really hope this whole Reddit IPO thing doesn't kill r/collapse, it's the largest forum of its kind :smith:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

/r/collapse being killed by the late capitalist behaviour of incompetent venture capitalists seems appropriate

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

and people say we don’t support voting

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
haven't kept up with doom threads over the past month because of stuff, but boy did i choose the right time to check up on this one

i will say this though, i'm currently at something of a crossroad in both my personal and professional life, and this is certainly making some decisions easier, and validating past ones

guess i picked the right week to start drinking again

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

haven't kept up with doom threads over the past month because of stuff, but boy did i choose the right time to check up on this one

i will say this though, i'm currently at something of a crossroad in both my personal and professional life, and this is certainly making some decisions easier, and validating past ones

i take a joint supplement and have for a while because arthritis runs in my family and every time i take it i do a little lol

(i also take it for my hair which will be shiny and lush for the apocalypse in six months)

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Looking forward to more and more of these articles that could just be replaced by "the people voted for pain": It took like 2 seconds of research to find that the Western Canada Wheat Growers Association doesn't believe in climate change targets and is fighting reduced fertilizer targets, and also the main guy quoted is an anti vaxx Canadian Trucker who bought special edition anti COVID guns to celebrate Canadian freedom that say Made in America.

https://twitter.com/svvalk/status/1590848382893174785?t=fWQAAXSTgAKNnxdIPHhZRw&s=19

But also, we are so hosed. It hasn't rained in Alberta for months and fires are popping up in the cities now. 2 of our cities up north burned down in the last decade, now it's coming for the farm and d population centers. What can you do, it's fire season

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

to be fair it’s always like this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wheeee posted:

/r/collapse being killed by the late capitalist behaviour of incompetent venture capitalists seems appropriate

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

eh, i'm still on my healthy diet and trying to not let my rsi cripple me because

skooma512 posted:

A reminder that society can remain functional longer than you can remain solvent.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
im on a healthy diet because i want to live long enough to see the end

i know it won't be long, now. but it also might

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

this last avatar change is really paying off dividends

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

:same:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

At what point does the tip of Palliser's Triangle in Southern Alberta get upgraded from "Arid Steppe" to "Arid Desert"?

Heard a brief interview with an Albertan cattleman today talking about the lack of feed. "Cattlemen won't see our animals starve, we'll reduce our herds first." Sounds good, might be a last chance to enjoy some cheap beef before the era of no beef hits and/or you get bitten by a Lone Star tick.

No such deal for vegetarians though - there will be no fire sale of beans following this year's announcement that the Canadian pulse crop is about to fail (again).

VOTE CUSS!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I'm gonna buy a Costco megapack of steaks and throw half of them away, for the environment, for the cows.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
send them to me, ill toss them for you

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
thank u for ur service :patriot:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

costco wet ages and mechanically tenderizes their beef, an insult to hard working cows

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.

Koirhor posted:

direct action on bridges or one hell of a coincidence
did i miss something? is this about vancouver island or something else?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Just a Moron posted:

I'm gonna buy a Costco megapack of steaks and throw half of them away, for the environment, for the cows.

yup. i approve.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

i'm sweating

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

nakieon posted:

i'm sweating

stop eating beef

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Just casually being in a place that feels 42 degrees (107.6 farenhight) like it's no big thing.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Confusedslight posted:

Just casually being in a place that feels 42 degrees (107.6 farenhight) like it's no big thing.

thats quite the nomenclature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao