Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This is gonna own. I'm hyped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

CLAM DOWN posted:

i wonder if there are space mudcrabs i can mod anime titties onto

was hoping they'd have a sim life style thing where you could selectively breed the animals you encounter until they all have huge knockers after a dozen generations

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

I want to take Space Drugs and then murder people with a Space Boarding Axe.

You know, really, the only difference between a fire/rescue axe and a naval boarding axe is what you plan to do to people once you've hacked past / pried open any obstacles.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
looks good! I would pet the lettuce monster. I don't really expect Bethesda to have shored up their weak writing, because of all the constant success, but here's hoping.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If starfield is more like skyrim then fallout 76 at launch then it will be good.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let me just put away my mining laser that cuts through several meters of rock real quick and grab my rescue axe to defend myself from this Space Punk

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

No Man's Skyrim

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

the game looks fantastic. and with 1000 planets its going to have lot of content.
the only negative i could think of was the fact that everything but faces looked so drat good that i keep thinking that they are going to lose parts of detail when they optimize the game for the consoles. But even if that happens the game itself looks like fun. Combat was more fast paced than in previous trailer, space combat looked interesting, being able to fly a space goatse ship will be fun.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Hopefully the first available mod is to replace adoring fan with Preston Garvey.

"Another settle... planet needs your help!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not looking forward to, I took a laser to the knee.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Todd just confirmed

4K 30 fps on Series X
1440p 30 fps on Series S

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1668038299594760194

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Joink posted:

Mod in Mars so I can hang out with the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
todd you motherfucker, you got me again

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Wiltsghost posted:

Todd just confirmed

4K 30 fps on Series X
1440p 30 fps on Series S

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1668038299594760194

'Sometimes at 60' lol

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Can't wait to see the PC specs :allears:

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Mokotow posted:

Game is cool but I’m also excited about what this means for games down the pipeline - Elder Scrolls and Fallout. This tech is a huge jump.

Yeah, same here. I'm extremely hyped for Starfield, but also can't wait to see what TES VI looks like with all the improvements to the engine.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Can't wait to see the PC specs :allears:

They're listed on steam and don't seem too terrible.

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jun 12, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

they're not gonna release another mainline game for 8 years, your PC or console will grow into this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My PC specs are; 7800x3D, RTX 4070ti, and 32gb ram. So I should be fine for max settings and 60fps. I only have 1080p monitors anyways too.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

MarcusSA posted:

How many FPS?

A couple

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Anyone know if FPS Cheat Mode (DLSS) is supported?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Welp, got my alternative to gun-play. Looking good!

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Can't wait for Skyblivion to get reimagined as a Starfield mod and implementing Tamriel as an explorable planet in the galaxy.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Anybody that was expecting 60 fps on console was kidding themselves. And I'm sure those recommended specs are targeting 30 on PC, too. As long as it's locked on console, I'm just fine with that.

Anyway I can confirm that if you buy the premium edition upgrade it carries across PC and Xbox Gamepass, so you can get the early access on both platforms. So if you wanna bounce between your sweet rig and the couch like me then you're all set.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

30 fps is lame AF

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Cardboard Fox posted:

Anyone know if FPS Cheat Mode (DLSS) is supported?

don't know if it's been announced, but seems like a certainty for a game of this stature

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Game looks badass tbh, probably gonna be their best poo poo since Fallout 3

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Lol, locked at 30fps on consoles. Cool it'll be like gaming in the 17th century again.

Node fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 12, 2023

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Decent interview where the 30 fps clip came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gs22Sn2VMU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Node posted:

Lol, locked at 30fps on consoles. Cool it'll be like gaming in the 17th century again.

lol @ you if you think modern consoles can run this at more than 30fps, let alone actually AT 30 fps hahahaha you clod

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The next Xbox will be able to run the third GOTY release at 60fps so I'm not too worried gamers.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
has there been any content on trading mechanics? can I do space truckin' in starfield?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think they said switching out from a fighter to a huge freighter to run cargo missions.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Cargo hauling seems like it'll be a thing since you can slap a bunch of shipping crates onto your ship.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Popete posted:

Cargo hauling seems like it'll be a thing since you can slap a bunch of shipping crates onto your ship.

I believe they specifically said it's a thing, as well as running contraband. Be interested to see if it's as wonderfully broken as Smithing/enchanting.

Don't be a coward Todd just let us break the economy!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
they removed portraits of Gagarin and Tereshkova, but an exact copy of the Vintorez is no problem

racist cunts

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 12, 2023

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Dark Off posted:

the game looks fantastic. and with 1000 planets its going to have lot of content.

Based on what they were saying, I get the impression they may have "crafted" encounters/side quests that will randomly pop up on different worlds (probably something like "empty moon can have these quests, life-sustaining worlds can have these other ones, etc") in every playthrough, which seems like an interesting way to play it; won't find everything in the same place every time. Of course, it did look like there are a lot of "default" random encounters too, judging by how often "abandoned robotics facility" popped up in the walkthrough. Still, not a bad way to mix randomly generated and custom content at least.

quote:

the only negative i could think of was the fact that everything but faces looked so drat good that i keep thinking that they are going to lose parts of detail when they optimize the game for the consoles. But even if that happens the game itself looks like fun. Combat was more fast paced than in previous trailer, space combat looked interesting, being able to fly a space goatse ship will be fun.

I did appreciate that the employees were obviously playing around as strangely as possible with the spaceship creator; the "make a giant robot" example was only missing some sort of phallic railgun to be what a substantial number of players would want to craft day 1. They even were smart enough to add parts that have no function beyond looks, that should open a lot of room for modding up too. Between this and the latest Zelda we may see a lot of engineering creations that are an abomination before God and man this year in gaming :D.

dr_rat posted:

I believe they specifically said it's a thing, as well as running contraband. Be interested to see if it's as wonderfully broken as Smithing/enchanting.

Wonder if the parents getting 2% of your income will get a hilariously more fancy home as you break said economy and send them their cut.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think they said switching out from a fighter to a huge freighter to run cargo missions.

It's probably too much to hope that all your ships can exist physically at the same time instead of just in a selection menu. I'd love to have a giant junkyard of all the ships I've stolen.

dr_rat posted:

There was some kind of cargo notification in the cockpit when you request planet landing that looked like you would be scanned for contraband so there's probably some smuggling skill or secret compartment on your ship where you need to hide the stolen stuff.\

That detail looked really cool to me.

madfury
Dec 21, 2005
rõve loom
GMG also has already named the first story expansion: Shattered Space Story Expansion. Guess poo poo is already in the pipeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
mod all of freelancer into starfield and it'll be a game with a storyline