Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So…what does the remake add then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Larryb posted:

The trailer and page do show they're adding new scenes and events. There's still a chance than by FES they just mean stuff like the Answer. Cause otherwise keeping stuff like SLinks being unmaxable without the strictest of guides and making the female SLinks romance only with the jealousy system would not go over well.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Larryb posted:

Fancy graphics that may or may not ruin the atmosphere we’ll see

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Persona 3, unlike 4 or 5, doesn't have a single "definitive version" of it, and not leveraging the remake as an opportunity to fix that is baffling.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

is that low rank credits? rise sadly, got hosed over by covid which makes the story a bit jerkier than normal

yes. i'm hr 3 nearly 50 hours in. i'm enjoying taking in the game at a snail's pace, though. its all new to me but I've tried to avoid looking up too much, because much of the fun has been discovering those things myself. I've found that if I have a question usually eventually I figure it out on my own (though in one case this meant an unfinished quest for 30 hours because i didn't know where to look for an item).

I've definitely ruined some mechanically rich games before by following guides too early.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Rinkles posted:

I got a closing credits around 30 hours into Rise, but it felt like such an inconsequential milestone because it was clear the game was still sandbagging a lot gameplaywise, and it didn't really solve the village's big issue (rampages persist), but the story is paper thin anyway.

Rise is a little unique in that there's a very early credits if you do the village quests, and also at launch there was no actual proper end or final boss implemented. We had to wait about... 3 months about iirc? before they were able to release a proper finale. The pandemic had a significant impact at the time which is why it happened.

Sunbreak is a better example as it had a fully realized story start to finish, with any updates after just adding in more challenge monsters for fun and extra sets.

e;fb

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I was so excited for this, that took all of the wind out of my sails.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Persona Pee

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

wondering about that ign persona 3 interview because they're clear its based off og 3 but also they talk about adding new events and stuff so maybe they're still keeping some fes/p3p stuff but not femc/the answer???

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That still doesn't really make it worth it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Personally, I'd just play a better series :grin:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was expecting them to replace massive creep Vic Mignogna as Junpei but it seems all the voice actors are new

rip liam o'brien...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's why I'll be playing Ace Attorney 7, sure to he announced by Capcom tomorrow

:shepface:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm playing Deuce Attorney right now

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How many copies of Starfield have to be sold to make much as much money as Star Citizen has raised by not releasing their broken version of Starfield?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I was expecting them to replace massive creep Vic Mignogna as Junpei but it seems all the voice actors are new

rip liam o'brien...

At least they got him back for the Nier remaster a while back.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

rip liam o'brien...

Also I can't say I'm completely surprised, most of the original cast has moved on to bigger and better things (critical role for a lot of them)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/SoftnessDaily/status/1668021394611773444

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Blessed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t buy American Kirby

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

for those who it matters to, Remnant 2 is now on pre-purchase with a release date of June 25th. P hype ngl, already pre-purchased and my co-op buddy has picked it up to. Can't wait!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

grieving for Gandalf posted:

never mind a clear conscience, I don't think MGS without Kojima is MGS

This is the old games but on modern systems. It’s not original games.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was feeling pretty bummed today but I turned on this VOD of Joel playing pokemon infinite fusion and this like ten minute bit shittily editing snoop dogg's face onto pokemon sprites has me crying with laughter. I really needed just a really stupid laugh right now I guess, and he delivered entirely
https://twitch.tv/videos/1803484515?t=7713s

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my resident discord server had an avatar battles tournament today and i got first place (because i was the highest level)

(justin is his ff14 character because he had to drop out to go raid)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

hope they eventually add some way to normalize avatar battle stats. went in there today to do the avatar battle event today and get some tickets, with my level 15 guy and its like a boss fight because everyone else has like 6x as much health as me and also, can do supers and DIs

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's a very silly mode. but i feel like as long as you have a baseline toolkit, the stuff like drive gauge/super meter fully unlocked and are a decent level (like you beat the main story and are level 50ish) then you can do just fine against higher level folks

i watched a level 100 guy lose to someone in the 60s. skill can definitely even out the level difference.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gyakuten_capcom/status/1668076258847240192?s=20

The Japanese Ace Attorney account posting about tomorrow's showcase with "Don't miss it"

I know they're just talking about Ghost Trick

I know

But dare I hope

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m still bad at Street Fighter, I play way too aggressive

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

hatty posted:

Fighting games, like music, are about the buttons you don't press

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hatty posted:

playing aggressive isn't bad, really; it's more about knowing how to play aggressive in a way where the price of failure isn't your whole entire health bar at once

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the sf6 battle pass finally came out and thank god, it loving sucks, you barely get anything at all for your money. i was worried they might put something actually desirable behind it like character costumes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Vermain posted:

playing aggressive isn't bad, really; it's more about knowing how to play aggressive in a way where the price of failure isn't your whole entire health bar at once

I’m still trying to find the character that fits my aggressive play style. I did well with Marisa today but I’m too obsessed with the big punch it’s all I want to do. That was okay in the bronze league but I’m getting worked in silver. I also like Cammy but online is rotten with her and my annoying inner contrarian says the popular choice is for lamers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cammy has really good rushdown so you might just need to swallow your pride if thats what you want to do. maybe kimberly or juri

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

cammy has really good rushdown so you might just need to swallow your pride if thats what you want to do. maybe kimberly or juri

yeah, i'm in the same extreme aggression boat and cammy is tailor made for that. you have great gap close and air control and some insane drive rush combos, with the tradeoff being that grapplers and highly defensive guys like guile are difficult to crack without you getting slammed. she's also very good at feints between OD quick spin, hooligan combo, and short cannon strikes into crouching mid/heavy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like manon

grabbing people is fun

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I did best with Karin in SFV and Dudley in SFIV so another rushdown like Cammy is probably the way to go popularity be damned

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Clive Rosfield XVI Demo dropping tomorrow. Excited to see wether this game is going to be something I'm into or not

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

bone emulator posted:

Clive Rosfield XVI Demo dropping tomorrow. Excited to see wether this game is going to be something I'm into or not

Tomorrow as in 2 hours from now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Reminds me, I was at a concert of Final Fantasy music the other week, and like a couple of hours before it started one of the staff was on Twitter and happened to notice Clive's VA was in town and got him to come along and make an appearance at the start of the second half. He talked a bit about the process of recording it and stuff. Seems like a nice dude, very excited about the game. I mean, I would be too