Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

That dog was born to be named Walter. Perfect name.

Hard agree. That is a lovely pup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diablo 4 Is a time machine. I sit down and 4 hours just evaporates.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

GD_American posted:

Top notch. Turtle soup wasn't as good as the one other time I went, but everything else was exceptional. Everyone left very happy and very full. I enjoyed the shrimp curry, but my wife's boudin-stuffed quail was the winner of the table. The bread pudding was incredible.

I tried my usual sneak-the-credit-card-to-the-waiter-way-early maneuver, but apparently at a certain level of service they actually ask the reservation holder (my sister) how payment is handled. Good way to avoid all those tedious "no, allow me" battles at the end of the meal.

Brunch and drinks for eight of us = $616 plus tip

Awesome. I didn’t care for the turtle soup either but I think it was the sherry. Glad to hear y’all had a great time. And the bill….hey it’s Commander’s Palace. :)

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Going on a long road trip to Raleigh. Leaving tomorrow night and planning to just do the full 13 hours straight. Hoping the kid sleeps well in the car because then we can get like 8 hours in with him asleep.

If anyone has any interesting places to stop along I-64 or I-77 in WV and VA, let me know. Could us some good parks or things to stop at for a while to let the kid run around.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks and I just broke almost all of my PRs this week AND my weight belt is one notch tighter than 3 weeks ago! :hellyeah:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

^^^Good for you, dude!^^^

BlindSite posted:

I enjoyed Bullet Train. It was fun.

Likewise, watched it tonight. It won't get a Criterion edition, but it was a worthwhile couple of hours.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Going on a long road trip to Raleigh. Leaving tomorrow night and planning to just do the full 13 hours straight. Hoping the kid sleeps well in the car because then we can get like 8 hours in with him asleep.

Last long drive was from LA to to Bend Oregon, 12 hour shot when the daughter was about 4, the way up total angel, piece of cake….the way back down..the whole cake. Swear she didn’t sleep a wink and was screaming good 70% of the time.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

fartknocker posted:

I got to meet a big ol' shar pei named Walter today:

Hi Walter

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Diablo 4 Is a time machine. I sit down and 4 hours just evaporates.

Yeah it’s incredible!

What class you playing?

I’ve got my Druid up to level 26 and it kind of sucks. Super slow to kill stuff.

I started working around with some sorc and necro character and jeez Louise they kill so much faster and have such better secondary resource supply/regen

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Lol this is something Trump would do.

https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1667942304064196614?t=AcGCvscG3U1fM-1_pquPdg&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah it’s incredible!

What class you playing?

I’ve got my Druid up to level 26 and it kind of sucks. Super slow to kill stuff.

I started working around with some sorc and necro character and jeez Louise they kill so much faster and have such better secondary resource supply/regen

Every RPG or MMO I've ever played I've always played as a Tank / Damage sponge so I wanted to go something completely different and went with a Rogue using Twisted Blades and shadow. Just zipping through dungeons exploding everything. Up to level 45 and pushing through Act 4 right now. Gonna just focus campaign til I get that clocked and start doing more end game stuff with friends.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I may be a big ole tank in real life but been playing stealthy shabby types since my frog in EQ1

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GD_American posted:

Brunch and drinks for eight of us = $616 plus tip

It might be the LA drink prices showing in me... but that seems incredibly reasonable for a tourist trap w/alcohols (aka LA). Amazed it's that cheap in NOLA. Sounds fun though!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

harperdc posted:

Walter is a good-rear end dog name, I don't think we're rolling many Walters off the assembly line anymore so that can be passed over into dog name territory.

Lol could you imagine going to meet family or friends baby for the first time and they’re just like “this is Walter”

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I’d rather meet a baby Walter than another Jaxtyn or Rylan or Brayden or whatever people are naming babies these days.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1668083952039362561

Was this headline AI generated, or does Time have a kid too young to be writing headlines writing headlines?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Also, Italy's version of Trump died. If you're thinking maybe Trump is America's Berlusconi, at least Berlusconi owned one successful business.

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1668175585414094849

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Every RPG or MMO I've ever played I've always played as a Tank / Damage sponge so I wanted to go something completely different and went with a Rogue using Twisted Blades and shadow. Just zipping through dungeons exploding everything. Up to level 45 and pushing through Act 4 right now. Gonna just focus campaign til I get that clocked and start doing more end game stuff with friends.

Heck yeah - it’s good to game.

I really wanna just set aside a weekend and go to town with Diablo 4.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

I've had zero server issues and the game has crashed a single time for me in about 40 hours of demonclickin' and you live in the same zip code so presumably are connecting to the same locations. Have you considered gitting gud?

are you on a PS4?

Yeah it’s incredible!

What class you playing?

level 44 sorcerer and I'm encountering bosses that I need a clan to beat which I hate that. I don't want to be social

kiimo fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 12, 2023

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

kiimo posted:

are you on a PS4?

Two days ago the game crashed on me a few times (xbox). A hard reboot forced it to download a small patch that cleared things up.

Got my druid up to level 54. I got something that makes the Bear rush completely cover the screen in earth bullshit and now the stuff dies stupidly fast.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Two days ago the game crashed on me a few times (xbox). A hard reboot forced it to download a small patch that cleared things up.

Got my druid up to level 54. I got something that makes the Bear rush completely cover the screen in earth bullshit and now the stuff dies stupidly fast.

You recall what build you were doing while leveling?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

kiimo posted:

level 44 sorcerer and I'm encountering bosses that I need a clan to beat which I hate that. I don't want to be social

!!! Yeah that sucks! I wanna just click on demons alone while vibing!!!

Stay strong friend.

I realized a lot of the game kind of hinges around getting an aspect to go ham and unlock stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You recall what build you were doing while leveling?

Kept swapping around, but I settled on a nature magic build by the time I saw the earth and wind capstone or whatever it's called.

Storm strike as your basic, Landslide as your core with the terramote upgrade, poison creeper, hurricane, and the storm ultimate.

Poison creeper immobilizes a ton of things giving you a billion terramotes, then your landslides will always crit. The capstone makes it so every ability you hit except creeper will just randomly fire off other abilities you don't have and the screen gets covered in lightning strikes and tornadoes from all the landslides you do.

Then if you get the legendary thingy that makes the bear charge into an earth skill, you replace hurricane with that and just laugh and laugh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

World bosses and hell tide assassins are the only ones I can think of that require other players, but it automatically puts you in an instance with other folks to do that stuff. Are those the ones you're talking about?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I could definitely see some of the campaign fights as being pretty hard with a lot of builds.

I had to drop to WT1 for a few. Like this big melee dude in chapter... 4 or 5 I think. Just couldn't move my druid fast enough to avoid his ridiculous hits and he tore through my like 6 potions

T-Square
May 14, 2009

We watched TDK Rises last night because GF had never seen it, and I was totally caught off guard by Selina Kyle’s best friend Keeley. :yayclod:

GD_American posted:

I tried my usual sneak-the-credit-card-to-the-waiter-way-early maneuver, but apparently at a certain level of service they actually ask the reservation holder (my sister) how payment is handled. Good way to avoid all those tedious "no, allow me" battles at the end of the meal.

Lmao my BIL always tries to do this but my dad always refuses to let him, and he finally got his card to the waitress without him noticing at our last dinner out and she came back and his card declined, it loving owned (I do not like this man, it was excellent)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol could you imagine going to meet family or friends baby for the first time and they’re just like “this is Walter”

I refuse to believe Walters are anything but fully formed 25-year-olds with receding hairlines.

Braksgirl posted:

I’d rather meet a baby Walter than another Jaxtyn or Rylan or Brayden or whatever people are naming babies these days.

This is very true, though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Had a going away party last night because it was the best date available. Got lots of really thoughtful gifts and super useful stuff for the relocation (a personal fave is a GC friend of mine got me a good laser measuring tape which is coming with us this weekend on our house hunting trip). Also managed to adopt out some of our less cold-hearty plants like the passion fruit vine.

Best gift though was a giant box of notes from friends that was written during the party (like a guestbook). As horrible as its getting I am really gonna miss Florida.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

swickles posted:

Had a going away party last night because it was the best date available. Got lots of really thoughtful gifts and super useful stuff for the relocation (a personal fave is a GC friend of mine got me a good laser measuring tape which is coming with us this weekend on our house hunting trip). Also managed to adopt out some of our less cold-hearty plants like the passion fruit vine.

Best gift though was a giant box of notes from friends that was written during the party (like a guestbook). As horrible as its getting I am really gonna miss Florida.

Laser measures kick rear end. When I did code consulting in 2010 we had one to use between the four of us, and it was guarded under lock and key. Thinking about it now is like reminiscing on my dad getting upset because I installed the full 800MB of Fallout 2 to our PC and took up most of the hard drive.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Braksgirl posted:

That's a decade ago. It's all Liam, Theo, and Noah now. Lots of soft vowels .

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a decade ago. It's all Liam, Theo, and Noah now. Lots of soft vowels .

Friend of mine from college just had a boy. They named him Maximus Leopold.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

harperdc posted:

I refuse to believe Walters are anything but fully formed 25-year-olds with receding hairlines.

All Walter’s looking like Radar from M*A*S*H makes sense. Walter Jones is the exception.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Timby posted:

I have a cousin named Maximus whose 21~ish now. He was named after the movie Gladiator. We’ve been calling him Gluteus since before he was born.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

Well he's gonna have an unfortunate youtube channel in 15 years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Amy Pole Her has a chance to do the funniest thing in the history of these forums

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1668256929678802945?t=6tLf3D2Fopo5TSZcH3E2Iw&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

swickles posted:

Amy Pole Her has a chance to do the funniest thing in the history of these forums

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1668256929678802945?t=6tLf3D2Fopo5TSZcH3E2Iw&s=19

That would be the best goon project ever.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Roy Black turned him down.

I can’t even imagine what an absolute circus that would be. His attorneys tend to find themselves in hot water so I can understand why everyone’s running. Plus his famous ability of underpaying

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I've also been on the D4. I've always been summon necro and I'm super happy that D4 appears to let that be a viable build. I'm only lvl 32 and just finished act 1 but I walked my char from act 2 main city down the coast to a merchant camp city or something but i went from my level zone to the zones where it says 45plus and I wasn't having really trouble with my skelly crew and golem killing level 45 dudes. They took a little longer bc they had more health but I just plowed my way through with my rolling crew of 10 dudes before I figured I should just finish act 1 lol.

5 cold skeleton mages just make short work paired with the AOE corpse explosion (that also have a 12% chance to spawn a corpse when they do dmg). Just bone spear the first dude. Buff the skellys, the enemies get slowed, pop the first corpse, in rush the reapers (that also make extra corpses), and the pop pop pop pop corpses until the screen is black and nothing remains but triumphant bones trundling forth to make the next corpse.

WT1 but would think 15 plus level ahead I would have some trouble with getting one shot or something.

Skelli crew for life.

Edit: only bummer is that I can't see the boss models very well because the dark AOE corpse explosion effect. Some of the bosses look pretty cool

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jun 12, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Friends of our in the neighborhood have two young boys named Cyrus and Lysander. Their mom also has a name out of Roman/Near East antiquity but I won't doxx her because I don't think I've ever heard anyone else with her name, at least in modern times.

And then their dad is named something totally plain like John lol. Get with the program my guy!

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Friends of our in the neighborhood have two young boys named Cyrus and Lysander. Their mom also have a name out of Roman/Near East antiquity but I won't doxx her because I don't think I've ever heard anyone else with her name, at least in modern times.

And then their dad is named something totally plain like John lol. Get with the program my guy!

This is my mom: septimia zenobia