Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Can you go back to hell after finishing the campaign? That area had a crap load of elites seems like it could be good to farm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Can you go back to hell after finishing the campaign? That area had a crap load of elites seems like it could be good to farm?

hell comes to you!!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Is there an hours played counter anywhere in the bnet launcher?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Is there an hours played counter anywhere in the bnet launcher?

nah iirc you can check that info in your account profile page on the website and some games have that info in the game itself but nothing in the launcher like with steam

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I found the rogue pants that re-arms Death Trap until it kills something or hits specifically a Player or a Boss this morning and it owns against Elite packs and I think it just re-arms itself for no reason some times and that also owns. I also found the unique dagger for combo point spec so I don't think I'm ever respecing out of flurry rogue lol. I dabbled in Penetrating Shot and Twisting Blades but I didn't like the playstyle of either

I'm only level 54 so I'm still in the game is fun camp, admittedly I haven't found an upgrade after those uniques this morning but the amount of stuff to do is overwhelming for me and fun still

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

D-Pad posted:

no

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I will say I'm disappointed The Butcher stopped showing up for me after I attained absurd amounts of armor (currently at 98% phys dmg reduction) and Thorns (15k atm)

come out and play you coward

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
There's an assassin in helltide called something like kixxarth, helltide assassin. It has a metric rear end load of hp and dropped like 3 rares and no shards, isn't worth spending time killing during helltide. Just peace out, no achievements or anything that I noticed after spending 15 minutes killing it. Waste of time unless you somehow really want to spend way too much time on one guy during helltide

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
am i crazy or do i correctly remember that in D3, monsters that explode (like the fat zombies and the pestilence hosts) would drop their loot straight away rather than waiting for the explosion animation to play?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Sloober posted:

There's an assassin in helltide called something like kixxarth, helltide assassin. It has a metric rear end load of hp and dropped like 3 rares and no shards, isn't worth spending time killing during helltide. Just peace out, no achievements or anything that I noticed after spending 15 minutes killing it. Waste of time unless you somehow really want to spend way too much time on one guy during helltide

It gives forgotten souls, still not sure it's worth killing though it does take forever.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Sloober posted:

yea he was like level 72, way higher than my level. i spent ages killing him and he dropped garbage. real bad.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Doomykins posted:

The amazing thing is that Reaper of Souls took almost two years to come out and turn Diablo 3 into the genre standard. I think everybody understands that Diablo 4 has issues. It had to cut an entire region and act out of the story for this release date. The passive aggressive "well, Diablo 4 has issues with the end game, I guess it's over" shitposting is what's crazy. I think Blizz will figure out that they should adjust the numbers in their first balance and QoL patches, season patches, and the planned expansions.

Stop shilling for Blizzard, because they are going to gently caress you. Hand waving the legitimate issues away saying they'll be fixed in a year or two and after they gently caress you for at least another $50+ worth of DLC is loving stupid and doesn't negate anything that people are saying about the game now. Especially since it's been in development for at least 4 years and a significant portion of the problems people are having are loving basic/obvious and should have been picked up way before release.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

M. Night Skymall posted:

It gives forgotten souls, still not sure it's worth killing though it does take forever.

You would get more spending time shard hunting and opening boxes, also way more exp

Another complaint I've got is really seeing the weakness of nightmare sigils since there's so few dungeons in the pool and with limited procgen they get stale fast

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That much blood could probably not come from one guy

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm finally starting to see the shred poison druid come online now that I'm lvl 70 and have the right rare glyphs and legendary tiles. Spirit isn't really an issue anymore, and the damage that I can deal in one hit when everything is in my favor is honestly pretty insane. Problem is I still die a lot because to gain health and damage mitigation I need to always be poisoning and shredding which usually means dashing into a big pack of enemies and hoping for the best. It's fun but I'm working real hard to stay alive in most encounters while my rogue and sorc friends are just melting everything they look at and almost never dying. The build really is a late bloomer though, it's been real fun watching it take shape.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just made it to level 50. Haven't finished act 1 yet. Just been running around doing side quests, world events, and playing with friends through various parts of their campaign. Still having plenty of fun with my rogue.
The lack of dungeon boss variation is a bit annoying. Still not a fan of the skill tree layout.
I wish we had more freedom for trying different builds. I'm much less likely to change skills based on a new legendary aspect because it's more annoying with this setup (gold cost aside.)
I've never really cared about Diablo end game. Maybe this will game will leave me wanting more when I get there? Not too concerned about it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

This isn't directed at you, it's about the sentiment (as it comes up in discussion on occasion):

Tornhelm posted:

Especially since it's been in development for at least 4 years and a significant portion of the problems people are having are loving basic/obvious and should have been picked up way before release.

We don't know all the problems that arose during development. We haven't seen most that were solved (and even that "most" isn't "all" only due to the Betas and some reporting). We only see the issues that remain; even those have subjective impact. 4 years sounds like a long time, and it is, but this game is complex as hell. Only by knowing the sum total of issues - and with the same timing and information depth as when they happened - can we make a fair and accurate assessment.

Note that I'm far from a Blizzard apologist. I worked there for a decade. Kotick and Ybarra should rot, Morhaime was (probably) complicit to a degree, Brack was unequipped, Metzen was a creative bully, and the org as a whole has overprioritized their dev teams while underserving their ancillary staff.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

its all nice on rice posted:

Haven't finished act 1 yet. The lack of dungeon boss variation is a bit annoying.
I think I may have found your problem.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Lakbay posted:

I found the rogue pants that re-arms Death Trap until it kills something or hits specifically a Player or a Boss this morning and it owns against Elite packs and I think it just re-arms itself for no reason some times and that also owns. I also found the unique dagger for combo point spec so I don't think I'm ever respecing out of flurry rogue lol. I dabbled in Penetrating Shot and Twisting Blades but I didn't like the playstyle of either

I'm only level 54 so I'm still in the game is fun camp, admittedly I haven't found an upgrade after those uniques this morning but the amount of stuff to do is overwhelming for me and fun still

wait I have both of those uniques and are what I meant when I said I was mad about getting them for a build I'm not doing. they're Eyes in the Dark and Condemnation

holky gently caress did I luck into a new sick build

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I surpassed my necro with my rogue today. only 3/4 through 51, but he's coming along and rolling in tier 3 pretty easily now. I've yet to see a unique on him, which is weird because I'd found 3 or 4 on the necro by this point. I keep thinking at some point I'm going to switch back to penetrating shot, but I'm having lots of fun with flurry at the moment.

I'm kind of torn between trying to move into the actual "end game" or just leveling the other classes up and getting a feel for what I want to play in S1 before that launches.

I already am a bit annoyed by the aspect thing. I wish you could just keep extracting them from their new items for increasing amounts of cash or something.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just bought the game on Xbox after playing on PC for a few hours. I thought it supported cross play saves, but so far I have to create a brand new character. Does this unlock or is it just multi cross-play?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

isk posted:

This isn't directed at you, it's about the sentiment (as it comes up in discussion on occasion):

We don't know all the problems that arose during development. We haven't seen most that were solved (and even that "most" isn't "all" only due to the Betas and some reporting). We only see the issues that remain; even those have subjective impact. 4 years sounds like a long time, and it is, but this game is complex as hell. Only by knowing the sum total of issues - and with the same timing and information depth as when they happened - can we make a fair and accurate assessment.

Note that I'm far from a Blizzard apologist. I worked there for a decade. Kotick and Ybarra should rot, Morhaime was (probably) complicit to a degree, Brack was unequipped, Metzen was a creative bully, and the org as a whole has overprioritized their dev teams while underserving their ancillary staff.

we're not doing an assessment of the corporate culture and software development of a company, we're critiquing a consumer product hth

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

drat arc lash is crazy once you have really high cooldown reduction and critical strike .. and attack speed. Getting all that way up takes a lot of rolls and killin the hoards of hell though.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Just bought the game on Xbox after playing on PC for a few hours. I thought it supported cross play saves, but so far I have to create a brand new character. Does this unlock or is it just multi cross-play?
It's cross progression. Make sure your Blizzard account is linked properly.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
lol I fuckin destroyed the 70 capstone at 63 after rejigging my kit. who said there's no power spikes?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Substandard posted:

I surpassed my necro with my rogue today. only 3/4 through 51, but he's coming along and rolling in tier 3 pretty easily now. I've yet to see a unique on him, which is weird because I'd found 3 or 4 on the necro by this point. I keep thinking at some point I'm going to switch back to penetrating shot, but I'm having lots of fun with flurry at the moment.

I'm kind of torn between trying to move into the actual "end game" or just leveling the other classes up and getting a feel for what I want to play in S1 before that launches.

I already am a bit annoyed by the aspect thing. I wish you could just keep extracting them from their new items for increasing amounts of cash or something.

Yeah this is my only gripe so far. It feels really lovely to find a cool aspect and then have to do the calculus on whether you're likely to outlevel the gear before you find another drop with that same aspect. Combined with needing to use mats from salvaging legendary gear to imbue them, I feel like it's going to make people very hesitant to start trying things out until they basically hit endgame. It just doesn't really feel worth it while you're leveling since you're just going to find a strictly superior piece of gear like 10 minutes later.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
If only there was some sort of cube that you could get all the good roles for the aspects with, that would be great

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder what Kanai is up to these days. Also wonder if Skorn is in the game.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

there is a real lack of enemy variety, dungeons mostly re-use the same few bosses over and over, and i hope you like fighting fallen and bandits

much like the cut act, it’s clear where the game was rushed to get out for this release date

still an impressively good campaign by modern blizzard

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

This game probably needed another six months to a year to have all of the features they originally promised.

But Blizzard desperately needed a win due to all their other issues and regardless of all of that, review wise and sales wise, this game is likely to give them that, and possibly another GOTY.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Also, I think I know the answer to this, but there is not a way to up the ilvl of an item is there?

Like I've got sacred stuff in the upper 600s in every slot, so at this point I'm not wrong to think that anything without the sacred or unique tag is 100% vendor or extraction trash?

Outside of just the blacksmith improvements which don't seem like they are enough levels for the regular stuff to come close

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

American McGay posted:

It's cross progression. Make sure your Blizzard account is linked properly.

:tipshat:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Weren't there features they had discussed like Rogue guilds you could join, and being able to hunt for particular pieces of gear in particular regions, or am I having a stroke?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
This thread is really good for finding people to ignore. I think I had two after over 20 years on this site. Up to 5 now!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Substandard posted:

Also, I think I know the answer to this, but there is not a way to up the ilvl of an item is there?

Like I've got sacred stuff in the upper 600s in every slot, so at this point I'm not wrong to think that anything without the sacred or unique tag is 100% vendor or extraction trash?

Outside of just the blacksmith improvements which don't seem like they are enough levels for the regular stuff to come close

Loot I'd ephemeral. Don't get attached.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
nm

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

in a game with seasonal reboots nothing matters, everything is ephemeral, do whatever

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

SHISHKABOB posted:

Loot I'd ephemeral. Don't get attached.

Yeah, I know, it's more like I keep finding stuff with a bunch of good damage affixes but it's like 100 ilvl lower than my current sword and so it's unusable.

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some way to feed a higher level sacred thing to a lower level item to upgrade it.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I regret nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

crepeface posted:

we're not doing an assessment of the corporate culture and software development of a company, we're critiquing a consumer product hth

I'm aware (though bringing up the amount of time for development does speak to corporate culture and software development of a company). To only look at the end result is reductive and unfair, and it ultimately doesn't help the users