Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Eikon
Phoenix
Titan
Garuda
Ramuh
Shiva
Odin
Bahamut
Ifrit
View Results

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
game over man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They gave him a pretty lovely loadout there.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

excellent

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lmao, apparently some pole was completely destroyed in this storm, so probably won't have power for at least the next 24+ hours. Guess I'll (hopefully) be able to try the demo in a couple days.

Edit: lol not one, but at least three telephone poles. God drat. At least it's not winter like last time I lost power for multiple days.

Also they're not doing anything until tomorrow because it's Sunday

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 12, 2023

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://na.store.square-enix-games.com/final-fantasy-xvi-plush---torgal-puppy

Get your Torgal puppy

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Drunk Ralph Ineson sighting.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

Man I hope the next ten days go quick

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The live combat demo was great and it was ballsy as gently caress to do live like that. They must have the game code really locked down and stable if they're willing to do that.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
This game also had probably the least dramatic production of any mainline final fantasy ever. Yoshi-p is an all time great product manager/director

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Ohtsam posted:

Yoshi-p is an all time great product manager/director

Gaming Jesus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

The live combat demo was great and it was ballsy as gently caress to do live like that. They must have the game code really locked down and stable if they're willing to do that.

I mean the game comes out in a week. It is extremely done

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the game comes out in a week. It is extremely done

Yoshi-P wakes up in a cold sweat the night before release day and realizes he forgot to put the final boss in.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1 hour and 25~ minutes until the demo :)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Anyone know the filesize?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Wheres the freakin demo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Wheres the freakin demo

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxhE3iyKOnmmm6Icd8YyygGQMKfSrR_3Xm

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

To those of you who are not at work and not asleep, enjoy.

ShinyMcShine
Nov 30, 2004
Certainly. I am ... the, uh, piano genius from the movie, "Shine"

It's up.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Anyone know the filesize?

18.6GB

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

I need to leave at bang on 9am for work so I was hoping to get the download started and immediately leave. Sadly didn't work out so I'll have to dl it once I'm home

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

If you have the ps app on your phone you can remotely tell your ps5 to download the demo

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

mikemil828 posted:

If you have the ps app on your phone you can remotely tell your ps5 to download the demo

Wish I had known. I’m downloading the demo now, hopefully I’ll have some time to play after dinner.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Active time lore lmao

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Holy poo poo I haven’t played a mainline final fantasy since 12, and I was not prepared for this amount of cutscene.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

SEVERAL CUTSCENES WILL PLAY IN SEQUENCE BABY

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Mainwaring posted:

SEVERAL CUTSCENES WILL PLAY IN SEQUENCE BABY

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

Clive you dumbass why do you have that massive sword strapped to just one (1) shoulder? You know that’s going to lead to back problems down the line and it doesn’t even look cool.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

watched a streamer play the demo. it looks good.

has the 2 hour prologue, and then after thats beaten you can do a mini dungeon with 2 additional eikon powers unlocked to play around with.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Is the demo just a cutscene? Lol and :bravo: if so.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Finished the demo and the bonus scenario, my hype is immeasurable now.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oldstench posted:

Is the demo just a cutscene? Lol and :bravo: if so.
its the intro story and then you get to play around in a combat dungeon from later in the game

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lmao at so much of the trailer material just coming from the opening cutscene Jesus Christ

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If the rest of the game is as good as the demo, it's gonna be a drat good game

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

HD DAD posted:

Lmao at so much of the trailer material just coming from the opening cutscene Jesus Christ

:sickos:

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Whichever article stated that this is a PS5 game with the soul of a PS2 game was dead on. And I mean that in the most complimentary way. XVI is very much its own thing, but the ever important FF vibes are all there, and makes me feel like I’m playing X or XII again for the first time.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Finished demo including the 'extra' scenario.

It's good.

The extra bit is clearly another part of the story, there's story bits that go on in it.
I didn't yet have the hang of looping through all my different moves, but the system is clear enough that it would be pretty easy as you play through the game.

The extra bit ('Eikonic Challenge') actually starts you off with the easymode accessories, and as you progress you can take them off as well as spend points on skills.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

as a separate post I would like to state that this is the horniest opening hour an FF game has ever had

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

bewilderment posted:

as a separate post I would like to state that this is the horniest opening hour an FF game has ever had

Hornier than Jessie? There’s a claim.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bewilderment posted:

I'm ten minutes in and it's so loving horny

you cock

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

CottonWolf posted:

Hornier than Jessie? There’s a claim.

It's hard to read one character's actions as anything other than implied motorboating

It starts with neck kissing and then, like... that's where their head is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Full on gay sex and motorboating. What a game.