Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I don't know of any games that charge for that. I'm beginning to think you are not an elite gamer.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

teekay personally decreed that every CAW stat point be a $100 purchase. sad but true

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

You're right, there's no games that charge for frivolous things that used to be unlockables that joke had no basis in reality

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i simply choose not to buy those games

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'll probably end up buying Fight Forever on the Xbone and then eventually on PC when it gets cheap and mods are there as I can imagine the modding community doing some fun stuff.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Is the only way to get a digital version of FF for Xbox is to buy it directly from Microsoft? I see it at Target, but that makes it appear that it's a physical copy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i mean you can probably buy a game key from amazon

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean you can probably buy a game key from amazon

You would think, but I can't see one. Maybe when it comes out, but for preorders, I don't see anything.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Testekill posted:

I'll probably end up buying Fight Forever on the Xbone and then eventually on PC when it gets cheap and mods are there as I can imagine the modding community doing some fun stuff.

AEW Fight Forever: Somehow it's Skyrim Now

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Bonk posted:

It is already Tony Hawk's

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bonk posted:

I used to be a contender like you. Then I took a Black Arrow in the knee.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hi, so uhhh I'm not sure where else to post this outside of making it its own thread and I'm not sure this warrants it. I've been running a 90 minute VGCW-inspired bi-weekly wrestling show in WWE 2K22 on Twitch. AI fights AI with none of the winners pre-determined, but then I craft cutscenes around it while myself and a pal do live commentary over it. It's been a lot of fun and we're heading towards the first season finale. The first three episodes are on Youtube with the next four being edited together, but seven episodes have aired on Twitch.

You can find the playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaY8wGSNNIo3nAqsnKGg4zn5dfFirIbj6

And a tweet thread detailing all the major plots: https://twitter.com/cart_blowers/status/1567633511368081410

But the go-home show is tonight, shortly after 7 EST! I figured maybe someone here would enjoy it! It'll be at https://www.twitch.tv/cartridgeblowers

Thanks for reading and/or ignoring!

Awhile back I posted about the silly VGCW-inspired wrestlegame show I've been producing. Back when I posted this we were preparing for the "PPV" Season 1 Finale. There was lots of dumb stuff - Leonardo turning heel by kicking Link in the dick, Solid Snake coming to the aid of a beaten Yoshi, and Pepsiman beating the hell out of an injured Leon S. Kennedy - on top of all of the normal hilariously bad AI and glitches of a WWE2K game.

Anyway, I wanted to share this here again because we've started/are in production of the second season and there's lots of other dumb great content coming - mysterious doppelgangers, flaming tables, and a big Japan supercard to name a few bits - but also because the first season is now fully edited and released. Content creation is not a full time gig for me, so this is just a labor of dumb love. If this sounds fun, give it a watch! Production starts out rough, but give it a watch!

What else are you doing? Watching *actual WWE?*

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I always wanted a "create a match" simulation feature where you could cinematically determine all the moves and camera angles. Has any game ever tried to do that? If not, I feel like that's an untapped market. You could theoretically do it all yourself, but it'd be a much bigger pain in the rear end.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Bonk posted:

I always wanted a "create a match" simulation feature where you could cinematically determine all the moves and camera angles. Has any game ever tried to do that? If not, I feel like that's an untapped market. You could theoretically do it all yourself, but it'd be a much bigger pain in the rear end.

There was a game that they played on newLegacy a long time ago that was exactly this but it looked... rough. I can't remember the name of it though. IIRC jawnny made a match that was just each person suplexing the other over and over again.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The newest episode of BTE has Nick Jackson just playing the game on his Steam Deck. Tag match between the Bucks and the Lucha Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBul7D0Lo-M&t=323s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15SkveNIdk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats a tremendous thumbnail

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Awhile back I posted about the silly VGCW-inspired wrestlegame show I've been producing. Back when I posted this we were preparing for the "PPV" Season 1 Finale. There was lots of dumb stuff - Leonardo turning heel by kicking Link in the dick, Solid Snake coming to the aid of a beaten Yoshi, and Pepsiman beating the hell out of an injured Leon S. Kennedy - on top of all of the normal hilariously bad AI and glitches of a WWE2K game.

Anyway, I wanted to share this here again because we've started/are in production of the second season and there's lots of other dumb great content coming - mysterious doppelgangers, flaming tables, and a big Japan supercard to name a few bits - but also because the first season is now fully edited and released. Content creation is not a full time gig for me, so this is just a labor of dumb love. If this sounds fun, give it a watch! Production starts out rough, but give it a watch!

What else are you doing? Watching *actual WWE?*

Have you considered joining efed communities. Sure they are not actually dead they might seem dead from the outside and one I know is 99.9999% on discord but don't have a discord link anywhere unless you know the guy who can let you in and I know for a fact that's not by design. But if you like doing this it might be worth considering finding the one that's right for you.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Here's 8 minutes of Fight Forever minigames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUOne4cLcI

It's one session of three games. A trivia contest, the home run derby, and a battle royal with no ropes where you can throw balls and propane tanks at each other.

I notice that while Cody is still in the game, they made sure to remove him from the stadium banner.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the baseball head man is horrifying

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Please don’t disparage Trench

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

oldskool posted:

the baseball head man is horrifying

Dasher Hatfield isn't even in this game.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The trivia seems very difficult but I can see my kids having a blast with those other minigames.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the music durring the baseball game is good as hell. I hope that goon made it

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Evil Uno and Johnny showing off Fight Forever's ladder match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQCAW9Qmayc

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DX4LIFEE/status/1670477266260746244?s=20

Looks like you can have managers

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alternative costumes! 4 Slots!!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh poo poo, Kenny has the gear he wore in the DDT match with Riho.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I feel so confused as to how to buy this game.

So is there any way to order the Physical Version with the Elite Edition perks? Or will that just be an option to buy it for $20 in some online store?

I see the Nintendo eShop and PS Store have the Elite Edition for $72 instead of $80, but it's only on sale until 6/29 @ 9am.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't see any indication that a physical Elite Edition exists. The game is out next week though, so plenty of time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

flashy_mcflash posted:

The game is out next week though

Holy gently caress june 29th is next week.

So I guess there really won't be a preorder on PC? Not that it matters, it doesn't look like there's any exclusive content tied to preorders but there's a day early access thing for console versions with the higher priced editions.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't see any indication that a physical Elite Edition exists. The game is out next week though, so plenty of time.

gently caress it... I should just get $100 of PSN GCs from Costco for $90, and then buy the Elite Edition digitally for $72. Will come out to $64.80 and cheaper than just getting the physical PS5 edition.

I see this as being one of those game I just want to play and not bother with changing discs anyway.

I have to keep reminding myself that there is no point in getting physical games on PS5 because they all require installing the whole thing. Switch is a different story though since it just plays off the cartridge

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Physical media :barf:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im getting it physical because I had an amazon store credit and I've had dragon ball fighterz in my ps4 slot since it came out so I'll probably just leave fight forever in there instead

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Physical media :barf:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i always buy games physically when i can this way it doesnt become vaporware later

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i always buy games physically when i can this way it doesnt become vaporware later

Given every game has a day zero patch to make them actually playable, even if you have a spinning disc, it's still vaporware.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Someone on the fight forever subreddit apparently got an early copy. They same the game is fun, but very bare bones. The CAW in particular is supposed to be very lacking in options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Isn't preorder bonus two matt hardys