Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I dunno man, that isn't making a great case for them being totally viable.

Viable in the sense of: 'If you really, really, really want to do this you can and it does work. Just not very well' Not viable in the sense of 'this is awesome and feels great'. Check out Ghazzy's vid on a late game minion build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8KT8YcKjes

Just sadly 'meh'

Edit: what a terrible snipe. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The ruins of eridu is like the perfect dungeon, now replicate that experience for the rest please blizzard.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Phenotype posted:

Okay, so you know how in most games you have to kinda "imagine" the real numbers? Like action games where you're storming a military base but there's only ever a handful of people attacking you at once, or in RTS games when you're the "General" but you've only ever got a couple dozen units at most, so you have to kinda pretend that each of your soldiers represents a full rifle company.

How many demons are ACTUALLY roaming around the overworld? Are there REALLY just hundreds and hundreds of goatmen and skeletons and ghosts that show up every time you take two steps outside a city? I've seen at least a hundred times more monsters than actual people.

And if so, are all humans capable of murdering swarms and swarms of them without breaking a sweat? Otherwise I don't know how any sort of trade or even farming gets done if it's so unbelievably dangerous outside the city walls.

(Speaking of which, is there anything special about the protagonist that makes them able to murder so many demons? I thought we were officially nephelem in other games, but it just seems like we're a random wanderer in D4.)

every other side quest is about the citizens of sanctuary dealing with some horrible demon-spawned affliction.

lilith was bad but honestly i can see why so many of them would go to her side. the angels certainly weren't doing poo poo to help.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

AcidCat posted:

Also I never even considered that the minute or two you spend walking to visit vendors in town was some kind of arduous task until I read this thread. Goons.

It's not, but it's a bit of a nuisance when you TP to a town and have to check the map every time to find out where this town's blacksmith is. If you could set a home town to portal to regardless of where you are I think that would mitigate that problem for most people.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Ok, are nightmare dungeon rewards (for clearing) like smart looted to your spec? Because I've gotten the bonespear unique helm 3 times in like 5 dungeons this morning. I'm using bonespear and summoning, and 3 of the same unique feels rather more than coincidence.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

explosivo posted:

It's not, but it's a bit of a nuisance when you TP to a town and have to check the map every time to find out where this town's blacksmith is. If you could set a home town to portal to regardless of where you are I think that would mitigate that problem for most people.

Gea Kul is obviously the best city in the game.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Astryl posted:

It's why they hid it from the campaign. :ninja:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Astryl posted:

Gea Kul is great, porting to the tree is also good if all you want to do is dismantle/sell stuff because it's right next to the portal.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Also why can’t we link waypoints in the chat?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
cerrigar would be the best if it wasn't for the drat stash being in another zipcode

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone know why one of my Aspects has a yellow border?

Also have they fixed the Aspect that makes damage scale with your Primary Resource? :(

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

graynull posted:

Ok, are nightmare dungeon rewards (for clearing) like smart looted to your spec? Because I've gotten the bonespear unique helm 3 times in like 5 dungeons this morning. I'm using bonespear and summoning, and 3 of the same unique feels rather more than coincidence.

no but the game seems unusually prone to streaking the same thing at you, like multiple of the same aspect from the same curio vendor in a row etc. maybe it's just me, just seems very odd. my first three unique drops were the exact same pair of that move speed=crit boots

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sab669 posted:

Also have they fixed the Aspect that makes damage scale with your Primary Resource? :(

maybe that means max roll?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sab669 posted:

It's Sacred so the rolls are higher

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

explosivo posted:

It's Sacred so the rolls are higher

The rolls are not higher on sacred or ancestral uniques. It makes no difference

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Astryl posted:

Diablo IV: But what about the statues?

Don't you all have statuaries?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Sab669 posted:

I think they changed it so that sacred and ancestral aspects are needed for sacred or ancestral items?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Megasabin posted:

They are higher on legendaries though

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Sab669 posted:

back in the alpha version of the game only sacred/ancient aspects could go into sacred/ancient items. they removed that system after player feedback but they had already made different icons for their respective item tiers so

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Sab669 posted:

No.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/edgemasters-aspect-aspect-of-berserk-ripping-temporarily-disabled/40256

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Megasabin posted:

Oh, huh, I guess you're right. I do see someone saying that it costs more in veiled crystals to imprint a lower quality aspect onto an Ancestral item. Ancestral aspect on an ancestral item does not cost any but they cost more gold to extract.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

feller posted:

They are higher on legendaries though

There are only two type of aspects in the game

1. Ones rolled from dungeons
2. Ones rolled from items.

That's it. It doesn't matter if the aspect is sacred or ancestral. Doesn't matter if it's ripped from an item level 300 legendary or an item level 900 legendary.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Megasabin posted:

The range of rolls on flat values(for damage or shielding) are better based on item level. Percent based mods are fixed across world tiers, as well as anything that might give skill levels.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Megasabin posted:

That's it. It doesn't matter if the aspect is sacred or ancestral. Doesn't matter if it's ripped from an item level 300 legendary or an item level 900 legendary.

There are some aspects that have higher rolls based on if they're normal/sacred/ancestral. The one that makes skeleton mages cast blizzard being the best example I can think of off the top of my head.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

^^ ahh ok

Megasabin posted:

Then why are these different?

feller fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 12, 2023

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One is a higher ilvl, which you conveniently cropped out.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I left item power in? Also they said item level didn't matter

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Very interesting. The ruleset must be strange on which aspects it affects and which it ignores. As sorc almost all the good aspects are % based, which seems not to change as Zotix mentioned above. I didn't realize flat values could improve.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

The funniest bug related to that is once you imprint it onto a higher tier legendary, it will continue to improve the range for your aspect, but not the aspect itself.
Like my pants which display a value below the lower range of itself.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Megasabin posted:

Very interesting. The ruleset must be strange on which aspects it affects and which it ignores. I think most aspects I've been interested in are % based, which seems not to change as Zotix mentioned above. I didn't realize flat values could improve.

I think any time there's a blue number in a description, aspect or otherwise, it can be influenced by levels or other properties.

Not sure how fast and loose they play with that rule though. The aspect that grants druids +1 of every companion adds a second poison creeper too even though nothing in the poison creeper description implies it can be multiplied.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
bizarre, it looks like the power range on that one (and others that aren't % based) is level scaling based on item power and then locking in the raw number on extract. I haven't tried using my perfect rolled Of Protector yet but I'll have to check next time I get a high ilevel one

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
min-maxers

i've got a new grind for you

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/147lup4/pro_tip_you_can_use_alts_to_enchant_stats_on_your/

quote:

Pro Tip: You can use alts to enchant stats on your gear you can't roll

Example: I play Necromancer. I like Lucky Hit as a stat and I apply Barriers from Shielding Storm constantly.
Sorc can roll Lucky Hit While Barriered on Helm and Focus. Necromancer cannot.
I made a level 25 Sorc alt, put my items in my shared stash, pulled them out on the Sorc alt and used her to Enchant. She accessed the Sorc class roll pool instead, rolled Lucky Hit While Barriered on my gear and I traded it back to myself in the stash.
Voila. Full access to stats you cannot normally find via the shared stash system. Enjoy!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Megasabin posted:

Very interesting. The ruleset must be strange on which aspects it affects and which it ignores. As sorc almost all the good aspects are % based, which seems not to change as Zotix mentioned above. I didn't realize flat values could improve.

Yeah it's just inconsistent, some aspects appear to be the same across normal->sacred->legendary and others get much stronger

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think the % aspects do not get better but the flat number ones do.

Also the ranges will change if you're looking at it on an amulet or 2h weapon.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

e- actually here's a useful site with all the class specific affixes https://d4builds.gg/database/gear-affixes/

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 12, 2023

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
yeah this seems like kind of a massive oversight

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

just one more chicken sandwich and I'm ready for T4

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Itemization in this game feels kinda bad in general

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

This owns. Now we need a list of stats that are useful for certain classes but more likely on others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Wheeee posted:

Itemization in this game feels kinda bad in general

I’d say it’s kinda weak right now but not horrible. Better than d3 was at launch but not as good as 2 or 3 are currently. I’m sure it’ll expand and improve over time

(Bring back runewords)