Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Huxley posted:

I pray to God I never find out what any of that stuff is, because it looks rad as hell.

Definitely never watch this video then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVPL78D7zF4

---

I had a good memorial day weekend. Picked up a Boss Katana 50w MkII for cheap at a pawn shop and got a Schecter C-1 Platinum on sale. The Schecter was a HUGE upgrade over the Squier Strat I started with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

schecter c1 and boss katana is a great setup

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Tad Naff posted:

I put together a kit guitar, it turned out better than I'd hoped! 12 string tele. The bridge is super weird, you can intonate the "fat" strings but for the octaves there's nothing.

Paint job is 100% krylon with a lot of satin clear coat on top.

Twelecaster.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They should be here next week. Much excite.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Launch Control XL is a great piece of kit. I have mine set up to roughly mimic the controls on my iVCS3 iPad app and it's so good for that (except for the pitch, where MIDI doesn't have enough granularity.)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Grecobacker followed me home today.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Deluge landed this afternoon, and my mind is blown:

All of that is going in this pedalboard case tomorrow:

And all of this should run for a considerable amount of time on a small USB power brick.

I'm not only going completely dawless, I'm not going to be shackled to any particular environment either

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Wait a fuckin Linnstrument, too? That's gotta be a hell of a rig, yeah.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

rickiep00h posted:

Wait a fuckin Linnstrument, too? That's gotta be a hell of a rig, yeah.

Yup. It's been the centrepiece of a livelooping console for a while using SWAM, Pianoteq and SurgeXT VSTs via Ableton Live. (Recent impro). I really want to go completely dawless try improvising out the apartment, and I'm really interested in falling into ambient/melodic techno rabbit hole, so the deluge seemed a great choice. I've never used equipment like this before. I probably won't be using the SWAM libraries again unless I get an ipad, which should happen someday once I pay off the current splurge.

What attracted me to the Deluge initially was the wood, no joke. It turns out I'm not the only Linnstrument owner who magpie'd towards the Deluge due to the wood sides. I'm watching them make choices about other synth modules based on wooden aesthetics. lol.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 13, 2023

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

The Deluge rules. Great device and unbelievable support from the company.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Hondo Professional H-1030 from 1979/80. Made in Japan by Matsumoku. It's got serious play wear and a broken coil split switch tip, missing a couple screws in the pickups, but so far it plays pretty good.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
While im waiting for modules to become available / arrive for my current racks, Ive decided to bankrupt myself by starting a mutable instruments rack. Most of these modules will be clones with official face plates but some are factory (plaits, beads, stages, one of the ripples). I've already bought all the face plates (except for kinks :( the store i was gonna get it from went down for vacation or something).

TheKub
May 11, 2006

CatBlack posted:

While im waiting for modules to become available / arrive for my current racks, Ive decided to bankrupt myself by starting a mutable instruments rack. Most of these modules will be clones with official face plates but some are factory (plaits, beads, stages, one of the ripples). I've already bought all the face plates (except for kinks :( the store i was gonna get it from went down for vacation or something).

:woop: look at all the fiddly things! That looks expensive and fun as hell!

"Apollo 12, Houston. Try SCE to auxiliary. Over."

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Grabbed this off Facebook marketplace

Kramer Focus 3000 MIJ

My first guitar for shredding

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

*old crow part of my brain*
Ooooh, Shiny!
That looks really nice. And that looks like a nice case too.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Armacham posted:

My first guitar for shredding

this is sick, love old mij shredders like this

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
Now I need to learn how to shred and not just play blues dad classic rock and pop punk

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Every shredder is good at blues.

edit: I mean they aren't John Lee Hooker but the reason they got bit by the six string bug is similar.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

CatBlack posted:

its gonna live in this case:

SuperiorToaster
Jul 22, 2004
Inferior
Fun Shoe
got my SOMA Terra the other day, super sensitive and tactile instrument, lots of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUtnT_e_oXc

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

Picked up my first effects pedal, mainly planning on using this with my eurorack:

The first 15 minutes or so have been a blast, really looking forward to seeing what this reverb can do.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

ah poo poo. ah gently caress.

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Haha nice! I’ve been waiting to see someone snag those, my friend is way into the TE stuff but those were too niche for him to get.

You gonna do any little recordings with them? Really curious how they all work together.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I found this marked down to $349 at GC. They had two like this and both played very nicely, but this one played just a little bit nicer.

Guild OM-240CE. I'm not sure how it compares acoustically against higher priced guitars, but I am sure that this one just plays bsmoothly with nice low action without fret buzz.
Also I do love that it's parlor sized (and still 25.5" scale)

It shows some evidence of cheesy construction, like this sticker pretending to be a pick guard.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Slothful Bong posted:

Haha nice! I’ve been waiting to see someone snag those, my friend is way into the TE stuff but those were too niche for him to get.

You gonna do any little recordings with them? Really curious how they all work together.

So for a product that costs $ah gently caress, the documentation and technical information that TE gives you is laughably thin.

But putting them in a circle around you and having them sing the built-in songs is pretty magical.

Today's project is beating my head against a rock until I can get Windows bluetooth to talk to them so that I can control them through my DAW.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
What are they? I am not familiar with them and cannot properly appreciate them!

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMmaygEYP8
Watch this nice German man explain it.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

TotalLossBrain posted:

It shows some evidence of cheesy construction, like this sticker pretending to be a pick guard.

Are you sure that's not a protective film on top of the pickguard?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
It's a thin pickguard.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo-kay.

E: Those dolls rock the gently caress out of an umlaut. I cannot.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 26, 2023

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

I just watched this and feel none the wiser. But they sure look neat and that German man was making some interesting music!

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Red_Fred posted:

I just watched this and feel none the wiser. But they sure look neat and that German man was making some interesting music!

Eh, it's okay, but it's no Furby Organ.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Red_Fred posted:

They are $250 each and the little synth is another $1500. Feel wiser yet? ;)

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

What the hell? 250 dollars apiece? Have fun synthlords.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Krustic posted:

What the hell? 250 dollars apiece? Have fun synthlords.
TE is known for ridiculously overpriced almost everything they make. (Pocket operators being the exception)
https://teenage.engineering/store/field-desk

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

B33rChiller posted:

TE is known for ridiculously overpriced almost everything they make. (Pocket operators being the exception)
https://teenage.engineering/store/field-desk

Doesn’t sound like my style. I like Arturia.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

the bArp and spectraphon are new.

probably other poo poo, too.

stmix makes me wish I had the whole hexmix ecosystem :allears:

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
Let's see what I have bought in the last cuple weeks...

Hondo HD910 that's refinished natural, replaced bridge, tuners, pickup rings, but still has its original Dimarzios

A beater Harmony H80-7T strat copy, made in Taiwan

And a CNZ Audio Tele thinline copy that plays surprisingly well and was $100 at the pawnshop.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

widefault posted:

Let's see what I have bought in the last cuple weeks....

I always silently look forward to your photo dumps of weird 70s/80s/90s auction buys. :allears:

After berating a seller for almost a week to make a time frame, I picked up a Matt Freeman Squier in vintage white that I have wanted for a long time. Like quite a long time but not paying $800 usd on Reverb long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Sockington posted:

I always silently look forward to your photo dumps of weird 70s/80s/90s auction buys. :allears:

After berating a seller for almost a week to make a time frame, I picked up a Matt Freeman Squier in vintage white that I have wanted for a long time. Like quite a long time but not paying $800 usd on Reverb long time.

Is the neck roasted maple, or is that just the lighting?